Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,298 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Could It Be A Ritual? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Could It Be A Ritual? (1739 Views)

I Was Used For A Ritual By Yahoo Guy But Escaped Death - Miss Adun / Is This A Ritual Act Or Na Just Conji Hold This Guy? / Yahoo Plus, Handkerchief, Ritual Sex: Many Nigerian Female Students Walking Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could It Be A Ritual? by Ebonygeek(f): 1:37am On Jun 13, 2023
So I'm currently awake in bed somewhere in Benin City, and I can hear a person walking up and down my street hitting something metallic repeatedly in quick and slow beats without pausing.

Please I'm curious. Can someone familiar with the customs of Edo people interpret this? Is it a traditional thing? Or could he/it be doing something diabolical?

I'm not afraid, just curious
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by IkeIgboNiile(m): 2:51am On Jun 13, 2023
What are you doing in benin?
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by Kobojunkie: 3:22am On Jun 13, 2023
Ebonygeek:
So I'm currently awake in bed somewhere in Benin City, and I can hear a person walking up and down my street hitting something metallic repeatedly in quick and slow beats without pausing.
Please I'm curious. Can someone familiar with the customs of Edo people interpret this? Is it a traditional thing? Or could he/it be doing something diabolical?
It means the soundproofing is terrible where you live is all. undecided
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by yrhuhfy113: 3:40am On Jun 13, 2023
Ebonygeek:

FEAR NOT its normal....

its a normal custom in benin if you go out, you may hear the person chanting the praises or songs of bini kingdom. Just play a movie or music from your laptop and put on your headphones and enjoy your time in Benin city.

Make friends

visit ogba zoo

go to cinemas

have fun

and stop expecting your fears to come to pass. It is a safe and warm state to be in.
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by imagrg(m): 4:33am On Jun 13, 2023
I have been in Benin City for more than 40 year and had never heard of any such strange beat. Or do you live close to a shrine?

Benin City is a safe and a good place to live in.

4 Likes

Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by Bluezy13(m): 4:48am On Jun 13, 2023
imagrg:
I have been in Benin City for more than 40 year and had never heard of any such strange beat. Or do you live close to a shrine?

Over 40 years and someone directly above you said it is normal...
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by Ebonygeek(f): 6:08am On Jun 13, 2023
Kobojunkie:
It means the soundproofing is terrible where you live is all. undecided
Lol Kobo never disappoints
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by Ebonygeek(f): 6:11am On Jun 13, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

FEAR NOT its normal....

its a normal custom in benin if you go out, you may hear the person chanting the praises or songs of bini kingdom. Just play a movie or music from your laptop and put on your headphones and enjoy your time in Benin city.

Make friends

visit ogba zoo

go to cinemas

have fun

and stop expecting your fears to come to pass. It is a safe and warm state to be in.
Lol alright
Was starting to wonder if we had somehow gone back in time and had towncriers bringing messages again 😅
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by Angrygoat: 6:19am On Jun 13, 2023
Ode.ita vigilante

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by Typing: 6:44am On Jun 13, 2023
imagrg:

Biggest LIE on earth.
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by Typing: 6:48am On Jun 13, 2023
Ebonygeek:

Lol alright
Was starting to wonder if we had somehow gone back in time and had towncriers bringing messages again 😅

It could be any of the following. Either Vigillante, Ritualist or traditional worshipers. In the morning, you might see signs of broken eggs with the area where you heard the sound. Such sounds are very common in Benin.

1 Like

Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by Postinor: 6:50am On Jun 13, 2023
Are you by any chance living around college road or goodwill street
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by MechanicMike: 7:26am On Jun 13, 2023
Ebonygeek:

angry
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by MechanicMike: 7:26am On Jun 13, 2023
Ebonygeek:

are you lightskin? angry
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by Axis313(m): 7:56am On Jun 13, 2023
Na vigilante now.
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by Ebonygeek(f): 8:37am On Jun 13, 2023
Postinor:
Are you by any chance living around college road or goodwill street
I am. So you heard it too?
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by Ebonygeek(f): 8:38am On Jun 13, 2023
Angrygoat:
Ode.ita vigilante
Only an ignorant person throws insults without provocation undecided
I feel bad for you

1 Like

Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by Postinor: 8:52am On Jun 13, 2023
Ebonygeek:

yes,I do,it would just look like they are hitting it on all those metallic poles in the night,I usually wonder what it means
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by IbrahimSkiba(f): 9:02am On Jun 13, 2023
Ebonygeek:

It's not something diabolical.
While I was in school in Edo, they usually hit something at night time.. to scare away thieves..

It's a normal thing there
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by Ebonygeek(f): 10:03am On Jun 13, 2023
IbrahimSkiba:

It's not something diabolical.
While I was in school in Edo, they usually hit something at night time.. to scare away thieves..

It's a normal thing there
Alright, thanks smiley
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by KingDash09(m): 10:12am On Jun 13, 2023
EDO people and jazz

1 Like

Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by Aladdin1(m): 11:32am On Jun 13, 2023
Nothing to worry about.na civil defence dem.aka vigilantee.
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by Angrygoat: 11:59am On Jun 13, 2023
Ode
Ebonygeek:

Only an ignorant person throws insults without provocation undecided
I feel bad for you
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by MechanicMike: 5:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
Ebonygeek:

helo. please are u intaressted in doing house girl work for so u can have a shance to earn a coool extra 25k (25,000 naira a months) for extra income. my millionaire is unlce is loookin for 2 strong house girl to work for him & u will live in the same hosue & haev yor own rooms. are u intaressted ma?(no ofeince) wink
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by Sandralight(f): 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2023
Maybe it's Night guards, when I was staying in Benin Night guard will be hitting metals and making noise to drive away any Theif and to announce they are around for any wannable thief

1 Like

Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by FirstCounsel(m): 7:08pm On Jun 14, 2023
grin cheesy
IkeIgboNiile:
What are you doing in benin?
Re: Could It Be A Ritual? by 22o62021: 8:50pm On Jun 14, 2023
A guy was shot dead in my street on Saturday night.

Just 12 minutes to the start of the champions league final.

This Benin city na who get mind dey stay am.

(1) (Reply)

One Mistake Almost All Men Make With Women: And What To Do About It? / Beware Of Online Romance Scams / Just A Year Younger. Can The Marriage Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.