Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,275 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful (29294 Views)

My Boss' Fiancee Is Making Advances At Me / She Has Good Character But With Curved Back / I Asked A Girl Out, She Said She Isn't Ready For Relationship, Now She Is Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by Entanglement: 5:41pm On Jun 14, 2023
boborosky:

Why did you abuse me? It shows how you were raised - failed parenting
Failed parenting is better than someone who is raised by both parents and still doesn't have sense undecided
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by imustsaymymindo: 5:43pm On Jun 14, 2023
Oluromantic:
My advice is to give a little more push. I'm saying this because most resourceful ladies might also find it difficult to submit. I know there may be a lot of ranting and criticisms about submission but I'm giving you a honest advice as a realist for your future. Nothing makes you a fulfilled man than to have a resourceful wife that allows you to be in charge: such women are very rare. Once they can work hard on their own, submission with their money gradually slides out...it's psychological.

Now considering the fact that you can't find all you need in one person, you have to weigh your options which emphasizes the role of grooming. Grooming means training her to soothe your taste or standard. To be frank, it might not be a sweet experience at first but it's worth it. The point is you're not ready yet, when you're ready, you will drill her seriously and your love for her is the fuel. I did it for my wife. Anything that gives you peace of mind as you said; that she has good character, should be seriously guided and guarded. Only few women will give you such peace despite their imperfections.

Start from a small level, get her a shop if you can afford it to start selling provisions or likely things and monitor her totally so far she's not pissed to say you're domineering. In my case, my wife enjoyed my control and that made it easy for me. She said she likes the disciplinary love and that someone is mad over her. Now she's super-productive, she even charges me for her services and collects her money promptly. Business is business. I trained her.

Apt.
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by BreezyRita(f): 5:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
boborosky:
Firstly, I am a guy who is goal driven. I work my ass off to ensure that I earn a living and this has left me with hating anyone who is lazy.
I met my fiance about a year ago. We don't reside in the same town but we talk everyday. When we started dating, she had told me she was done with schooling but she had a few issues which have prevented her from graduating. According to her, she finished in 2019 but has not been cleared because of those issues.

In the first few months that we started dating, I asked her why she was idle since the school was yet to clear her. I further advised that she should start something rather than stay at home. She told me then that she would like to produce and sell a particular commodity. I asked her what it required for her to start. She told me and I provided those things and travelled all the way to see her and hand those items over to her. Few weeks after that, I asked how the business was doing - she went from one story to the other. I was pissed because I thought she could have put all those excuses into consideration before letting me go through the stress of providing those items - It is not about the money for it wasn't much, but her lukewarm interest in pursing goals. Truth is that she never started the trade.

I let that slide and we moved on... Each day I noticed she doesn't have the desire to pursue goals. I mean, how could she have stayed over 3years at home without learning any skill or being purposeful. When it was clear that she wasn't being purposeful, I told her crystal clear that I would not want to be with anyone who lacks purpose or isn't resourceful. In response, she told me that she would work harder and do something. But as each day passed, it was the same old story. Right now, she teaches at a school - this was after a lot of pushing, and forcing and begging and all of that. Even, of the teaching, she complains that it is stressful.

She visited my family house twice. The first time she visited, I had to literally tell her to help in the sweeping of the house the morning following the night she arrived, which she did - I mean, I expected her to know (without being told) that that was expected of her as a first-time visitor in the frame of a prospective wife/in-law. Even as a man, you don't stay inside the room when you visit a family especially when they are doing chores - that was how I was raised. Maybe it isn't a general expectation, but that was how I was raised (Don't crucify me).

As it stands now, she isn't cleared yet and each time I tell her to go to the school, she would either reply reluctantly or get upset. Moreso, she doesn't have a skill. The truth is that, though she is nice, a virgin apparently, she may end up depending on me 100%. Given the way Nigeria is, one needs a partner who can support one. Also, coupled with the fact that though she loves me 100%, she is not very exposed (a bit timid), and lacks the desire to be independent, hardworking or achieve her own goals.

We had discussed marriage, though I have not proposed yet. Conversely, right now, I am having a rethink which has caused me to be a bit withdrawn and retrogressive. I do not want a spouse who would drag me backwards, I have suffered a lot to get to where God placed me - I don't want a setback given that my family partly depends on me. From all indications, I don't know whether she will be able to handle and account for a business if one is established for her.

Even though the decision to either proceed with or withdraw from marriage is solely mine, I'd like a piece of advice.

For matured folks.... What do you think?

You think the decision to go ahead with the marriage or not rests solely on you? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
What if she rejects your proposal?

I don't know sha. Some people are like that, lukewarm in all things.

I found myself saying ah ahnnn when you said it is expected for a prospective wife to wake up and sweep te day after she arrives in your family. Ahhhh
So you want a resourceful woman who will also double as the help in your family?
I hope you find her.

Because this your family tradition no gel at all

Do better when you start your own family o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by MissOpe(f): 5:45pm On Jun 14, 2023
kalufelix:
Loyalty and submission is all that matters to me...obviously the op is looking for a business partner...he better be careful what he wishes for

Wahala no dey finish ooo grin grin cheesy cheesy

Omo your comment made me laugh my intestine out ..... grin grin
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by emmyN(m): 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2023
She is a virgin, marry her.
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by africandollar: 5:49pm On Jun 14, 2023
Bro you better dodge that bullet if that's not what you want...cos after marriage I can assure you that it would only get worse. Love is just not enough for situations like this, you also got to use your head.
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by ghettochild(m): 5:51pm On Jun 14, 2023
Boborosky... if u love yourself enough... I will suggest u free this lady.
She's a baggage u don't wanna be carrying all around
If u find out well..
Maybe she no dey school
Abeg u deserve better
If u no know
Now u know
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by tosinhtml: 5:52pm On Jun 14, 2023
BreezyRita:

You think the decision to go ahead with the marriage or not rests solely on you? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
What if she rejects your proposal?

I don't know sha. Some people are like that, lukewarm in all things.

I found myself saying ah ahnnn when you said it is expected for a prospective wife to wake up and sweep te day after she arrives in your family. Ahhhh
So you want a resourceful woman who will also double as the help in your family?
I hope you find her.

Because this your family tradition no gel at all

Do better when you start your own family o.

Interesting as that was the only thing you could take from the post. Awesome!
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by dozymars(m): 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2023
She has not graduated since 2019- Investigate further if she is truly in school.
She is a virgin - don't fall for this, Investigate further.
She reminds me a girl her once dated, same character. I hope she is not the one, Lol
I had to leave her for good.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by dafeoroyo: 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2023
She might not be a student of any place,follow her to the School to sort out all the issues she may b having first

Set up a business for her,she may prevail very well in business who knows?,a good character is not easy to come by,stay with her and give her more time,and always encourage her,tell her you believe in her she can do it
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by emmyN(m): 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2023
boborosky:

Thank you

I hope you don't listen to that advise you quoted. Promiscuous ladies can be very envious of chaste ones and never wish them well so they could turn back and gloat, "I told you so, your virginity is worthless".

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by Zuji15(f): 5:57pm On Jun 14, 2023
Allisgud:
Not being resourceful is a different thing,being lazy and don't know when to tidy up a dirty house is worst,ur house will be full of rats and cockroach, children are always close to the mother so they will take her as role model,I know a couple like that

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by stampo: 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2023
boborosky:
Firstly, I am a guy who is goal driven. I work my ass off to ensure that I earn a living and this has left me with hating anyone who is lazy.
I met my fiance about a year ago. We don't reside in the same town but we talk everyday. When we started dating, she had told me she was done with schooling but she had a few issues which have prevented her from graduating. According to her, she finished in 2019 but has not been cleared because of those issues.

In the first few months that we started dating, I asked her why she was idle since the school was yet to clear her. I further advised that she should start something rather than stay at home. She told me then that she would like to produce and sell a particular commodity. I asked her what it required for her to start. She told me and I provided those things and travelled all the way to see her and hand those items over to her. Few weeks after that, I asked how the business was doing - she went from one story to the other. I was pissed because I thought she could have put all those excuses into consideration before letting me go through the stress of providing those items - It is not about the money for it wasn't much, but her lukewarm interest in pursing goals. Truth is that she never started the trade.

I let that slide and we moved on... Each day I noticed she doesn't have the desire to pursue goals. I mean, how could she have stayed over 3years at home without learning any skill or being purposeful. When it was clear that she wasn't being purposeful, I told her crystal clear that I would not want to be with anyone who lacks purpose or isn't resourceful. In response, she told me that she would work harder and do something. But as each day passed, it was the same old story. Right now, she teaches at a school - this was after a lot of pushing, and forcing and begging and all of that. Even, of the teaching, she complains that it is stressful.

She visited my family house twice. The first time she visited, I had to literally tell her to help in the sweeping of the house the morning following the night she arrived, which she did - I mean, I expected her to know (without being told) that that was expected of her as a first-time visitor in the frame of a prospective wife/in-law. Even as a man, you don't stay inside the room when you visit a family especially when they are doing chores - that was how I was raised. Maybe it isn't a general expectation, but that was how I was raised (Don't crucify me).

As it stands now, she isn't cleared yet and each time I tell her to go to the school, she would either reply reluctantly or get upset. Moreso, she doesn't have a skill. The truth is that, though she is nice, a virgin apparently, she may end up depending on me 100%. Given the way Nigeria is, one needs a partner who can support one. Also, coupled with the fact that though she loves me 100%, she is not very exposed (a bit timid), and lacks the desire to be independent, hardworking or achieve her own goals.

We had discussed marriage, though I have not proposed yet. Conversely, right now, I am having a rethink which has caused me to be a bit withdrawn and retrogressive. I do not want a spouse who would drag me backwards, I have suffered a lot to get to where God placed me - I don't want a setback given that my family partly depends on me. From all indications, I don't know whether she will be able to handle and account for a business if one is established for her.

Even though the decision to either proceed with or withdraw from marriage is solely mine, I'd like a piece of advice.

There is always advantages and disadvantages in everything we have or do.

Thankfully, you have been able to identify the problem she has... Bro it's what you both can fix.. just take it calmly...

Remember, she might not give that πŸ’―% attention and do those things you love her doing when she starts working or doing business.

It's Vis-a-vis..

She has something good you already love her for.... Work together with her if you truly love her to make her the kind of person you want her to be....
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by okerekingsley90: 6:06pm On Jun 14, 2023
siofra:
Break up with her. Shikena!

You both are not compatible, what more do you want to hear again

Leave her, let her find a provider, generous husband that she can depend on 100% I don't know why stingy men like to make women suffer.

Siofra. I have never quoted you before but you see this issue. You need to grow up seriously and be matured for once. Is this how you would advise your sister who wants to get married?
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by bukatyne(f): 6:06pm On Jun 14, 2023
isabi2lof:
She should go and wash her head in a river , book you no no , business ideas nothing , even skill mbanu undecided

Out of the 3 things , at least you should be able to come up with one even though you're not too brainy , be good in other areas.

Person wey get head no get cap , the one wey get cap , no head to wear am , this life no balance.

When men says they want a woman who's submissive, are they saying that they want a woman who will encourage their womanizing habit Cos I don't really understand the true meaning of submission according to Nigeria standard.

The one I'm familiar with is that of the Bible.

πŸ˜† πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜† πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜† πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜† πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by okerekingsley90: 6:10pm On Jun 14, 2023
Oluromantic:
My advice is to give a little more push. I'm saying this because most resourceful ladies might also find it difficult to submit. I know there may be a lot of ranting and criticisms about submission but I'm giving you a honest advice as a realist for your future. Nothing makes you a fulfilled man than to have a resourceful wife that allows you to be in charge: such women are very rare. Once they can work hard on their own, submission with their money gradually slides out...it's psychological.

Now considering the fact that you can't find all you need in one person, you have to weigh your options which emphasizes the role of grooming. Grooming means training her to soothe your taste or standard. To be frank, it might not be a sweet experience at first but it's worth it. The point is you're not ready yet, when you're ready, you will drill her seriously and your love for her is the fuel. I did it for my wife. Anything that gives you peace of mind as you said; that she has good character, should be seriously guided and guarded. Only few women will give you such peace despite their imperfections.

Start from a small level, get her a shop if you can afford it to start selling provisions or likely things and monitor her totally so far she's not pissed to say you're domineering. In my case, my wife enjoyed my control and that made it easy for me. She said she likes the disciplinary love and that someone is mad over her. Now she's super-productive, she even charges me for her services and collects her money promptly. Business is business. I trained her.

OP follow this counsel. don't push for marriage hastily. Know her very well and observe improvements and above all pray to your creator.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by donwily(m): 6:17pm On Jun 14, 2023
boborosky:

Run o.
She will surely drag you backwards.
Virginity no be assets

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by dejaiiro(m): 6:18pm On Jun 14, 2023
Hmmmm... I can relate so well with your situation, but like someone said; everything that has an advantage, also has its disadvantage.
Do you think your relationship will work well with someone who is fully goal driven

The sad truth is she might not change, so both of you need to have a heart-to-heart talk and decide if you really want to take it to the next level despite your differences or part ways. One thing am certain is at some point she won't be happy if you keep attacking her about laid-back attitude to hustle like you.

On another level she could get the spark after a while but it's rare.
Have you also consider looking for what she is passionate about or good at? I mean passive skills, you could help her harness the skills. That could be a change...

Above all, there must be mutual understanding and don't force her into anything. If it doesn't work, then it's either you accept her as she is (be her provider) or let her go.

Good luck brother

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by OluAKGBGN(m): 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2023
Oluromantic:

Hmmmn marriage is far deeper than being a virgin o, is it her virginity that will come to your aid when you need help or compliment your efforts. Having a partner who also contribute financially and also in terms of giving wise advices and likewise someone who can multiply available resources at hand is very important my brother. You are about to dodge a stray bullet, please do. You will not regret it. Good luck to you.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by eventainment(m): 6:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
boborosky:

By default an average Nigerian lady is like that
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by Sweetvie: 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
You can't have it all.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by AleAirHub(m): 6:27pm On Jun 14, 2023
Too much wisdom πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ

@boborosky
This advice is the best so far..
Oluromantic:

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by Allisgud: 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2023
Zuji15:

grin grin grin
don't be like that o,if u want to be the mens spec
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by Kingpele(m): 6:32pm On Jun 14, 2023
I will say u are relatively a young man and so might not be truly ready for marriage..first the lady in question is in a long distance relationship with you..so u can't truly claim to know all her activities and was failing and so u aren't aware because she isn't succeeding...good character is the most important thing any man can pray for ..because with good character a woman will always turn out right in the future...u are just in patient and proud and it will led u away from a good woman ..am married for 12years now ..in the beginning my wife though a graduate doesn't know what to do with her life..I thought her a trade and give her one of my shop for business..right now she's doing so well in business to the extent she support me financially in running our family...she bought washing machine without my knowledge and alot of other things like our centre table and our kids clothes and shoe .so please relax and give her chance to choose her life goals

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by lollybizzu(m): 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2023
Oluromantic:

OP, reading just the first two paragraphs, and from experience, this is what you need.

Be more patient with her. Start grooming, working on her now. Even after marriage, the grooming continues.

I wish you all the best.
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by holicalpha(m): 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2023
BATified2023:
u are obviously a kid

The best attitude of a woman is when she hasn’t gotten d ring, read many stories of married men in family section

Once she gets d ring n she gives birth to just 1 that’s all

No matter the complain u give about her people will always tell u to endure n b a man n that’s when they will b telling u super stories of people that have endured, u will get tired of complaining about her to d extent that u won’t want to complain again n that’s where resentment sets in

That’s when u see men avoid their wives n seek solace outside, see no matter your complain in marriage they will always tell u divorce is the last option

See the best thing is don’t enter at all, once u enter u don enter b dat oo

Even when they see say your strong head wan dey too much na to apply juju for the matter

Me I dey tell u real life matters

πŸ˜‚ bro, I swear you get this one very right

I can attest
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2023
siofra:
Break up with her. Shikena!

You both are not compatible, what more do you want to hear again

Leave her, let her find a provider, generous husband that she can depend on 100% I don't know why stingy men like to make women suffer.
what is your problem exactly
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by faithfull18(f): 6:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
Okay, like they say you can't get an 100% perfect partner, I don't agree though πŸ˜‰
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by lollybizzu(m): 6:48pm On Jun 14, 2023
boborosky:

Thanks, but what if she doesn't learn....?

She will. See let me tell you, there are different methods of teaching. Discover what works best for her. Howbeit, with love and patience.

Help her list out her goals; what she wants out of life. Break them down for her to smaller goal workable and achievable plans.

You can go as far her rewarding her with encouraging gifts when she achieves any of the smaller goals.

However, it starts from you deciding if you think she's good for you. If you think so, then put in the effort. Note, whether you choose her or someone else, you must groom, put effort to make her suite your taste.

I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by wole212(m): 6:50pm On Jun 14, 2023
Don't worry,be happy.

I greet Bosses in the house

Please I'm looking for a car to drive
Rentals to remit weekly

Your car won't be overflogged

I stay in Oshodi

Thanks.
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by sniperr007(m): 6:51pm On Jun 14, 2023
boborosky:

Oga make money and hire someone to do those stuff for you cos money can pay for all but you see character, them no dey pray for am. Na follow come.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by davidadenrele: 6:51pm On Jun 14, 2023
Brotherly,

I patiently read your story i have just one word for you please move on this is an example of a liability, a lazy house wife sit at home do nothing other than raise kid of a wife to be! you can never change this girl no matter how hard you try don't make a mistake of pitying to marry her you will regret it mark my words check out Hilda Baci won't you be impressed as a man to support that kind of a lady, she's goal driven determined hardworking and above all a good cook with a skill, invest a million in that kind of a woman and be rest assured she will give you billion in returns, in this age and time when responsibility has no limit and bills never stops my brother Japa!! before it all ends in tears and regret, she's a virgin my foot!! go out there and see women competing with men in almost all sphere of life be it in careers, goals, business even in sport.....in Pastor Chris Oyakilohme voice i will never marry a liability in my life!

Dont ignore the red flags she is liability run now before you turn to a pillar of salt have said my own!! there alot of hardworking resourceful ladies who are out there to support you and your dream to make a home and willing and ready to be your wife.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Beautiful Pre-wedding Pictures Of A Nairalander / Reno Omokri: "Slay Queens' Private Parts Not A Business, Bible Against Slayers" / My Ex Girlfriend Now Hates Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.