Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful (29314 Views)

My Boss' Fiancee Is Making Advances At Me / She Has Good Character But With Curved Back / I Asked A Girl Out, She Said She Isn't Ready For Relationship, Now She Is Dating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 14, 2023
If everything in life become scarce.

MUMU Adult Babies will always be in abundance. It's a known Fact.
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by DAENNINGA(m): 6:59pm On Jun 14, 2023
All I can say I that there is no perfect being...
If you can't live with the imperfections, then quit.
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by udemzyudex(m): 7:01pm On Jun 14, 2023
Opposite attracts,it's left for you to give her a push.
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by currency10(m): 7:01pm On Jun 14, 2023
Victor2707:
Don't lower your standards for anyone.

The purpose of a woman is to take care your children while you provide, protect, and lead her.

If want her to have something doing, then;

Start up a small business in your name based on what you know she can handle, teach her how to run the business, and employ her as the manager. She must always report to you.

Stop asking her what she wants to do, tell her what to do.

Be a leader, she will follow.

If she doesn't follow, dump her because she doesn't respect to you.
sir, i think you should try this advice.
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by Mayeldah(m): 7:05pm On Jun 14, 2023
Bro work on her a little more, lead her and stop begging her to do something.

The hustling ladies out there hardly submit, only a few. You may get one and she has some other red flags like a flirt or the aggresive type.

Na God dey help person for this relationship thing, no one is perfect

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by Kaybaba5(m): 7:08pm On Jun 14, 2023
Victor2707:
Don't lower your standards for anyone.

The purpose of a woman is to take care your children while you provide, protect, and lead her.

If want her to have something doing, then;

Start up a small business in your name based on what you know she can handle, teach her how to run the business, and employ her as the manager. She must always report to you.

Stop asking her what she wants to do, tell her what to do.

Be a leader, she will follow.

If she doesn't follow, dump her because she doesn't respect to you.
I disagreed with this because if anything happens she will say u didn’t allow her to do her mind that u are just doing things based on your opinion . This is the fact
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by Charly68: 7:11pm On Jun 14, 2023
Are you too perfect ? Go and make her resourceful
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by Denko2721987(m): 7:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
siofra:

Yes, how is that your business, sir
Are you the simp that will take care of her? Women have the right to choose whoever they want just as men want virgins and girls with big nyash. And women will choose generous, wealthy simps.

Your delusion knows no bounds.. since when was it the choice of women to choose men that marry them. Men yield that power, not women. Women only have that power during the dating phase
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by Denko2721987(m): 7:15pm On Jun 14, 2023
Whatever you do, don't take relationship advice from women especially this younger generation of women. E get why
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by Victor2707: 7:20pm On Jun 14, 2023
Kaybaba5:

I disagreed with this because if anything happens she will say u didn’t allow her to do her mind that u are just doing things based on your opinion . This is the fact

If you allow her to do her wishes, she will blame you for not protecting her.

Women are like children.

Your children will blame you for not guiding them in the right path.

Learn to lead a woman, she will follow your lead.

If you make mistakes as a leader, you pick up the lessons, and fix the mess you made.

NB: I made those statements based on my experience, not opinion.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by yankison(m): 7:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
Well me 2cent is that you shud try and date another girl and compare ..nobody holy pass
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by 43Ronin: 7:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
OP before you marry, you nust understand that whatever qualities you have, your children will inherit and adopt. If your wife is lazy your children will follow suit. same thig with being dull and unintelligent, your children will be equally dull. marry what you want your children to inherit.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by mandikwilliams: 7:47pm On Jun 14, 2023
No one is a full package

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by HaneefahRN(f): 7:47pm On Jun 14, 2023
Some women want nothing more than to be full housewives living baby girl life, she could be one of them and there is nothing wrong with that if they meet men who love them that way.
She has not been cleared from school after several years and not bothered, not interested in learning skills, nothing. If this is a deal breaker for you better look for your wife elsewhere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by ajepako(f): 8:22pm On Jun 14, 2023
BABANGBALI:
Op you better hold on tight to her and stop complaining before the devil go send you the one that is very resourceful and dangerous.

Please how do you spell imosional? As in I am very imosional? I want to use it in a very imosional letter that I'm writing to ajepako

Sule tongue
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by Prechize(m): 8:27pm On Jun 14, 2023
boborosky:
Firstly, I am a guy who is goal driven. I work my ass off to ensure that I earn a living and this has left me with hating anyone who is lazy.
I met my fiance about a year ago. We don't reside in the same town but we talk everyday. When we started dating, she had told me she was done with schooling but she had a few issues which have prevented her from graduating. According to her, she finished in 2019 but has not been cleared because of those issues.

In the first few months that we started dating, I asked her why she was idle since the school was yet to clear her. I further advised that she should start something rather than stay at home. She told me then that she would like to produce and sell a particular commodity. I asked her what it required for her to start. She told me and I provided those things and travelled all the way to see her and hand those items over to her. Few weeks after that, I asked how the business was doing - she went from one story to the other. I was pissed because I thought she could have put all those excuses into consideration before letting me go through the stress of providing those items - It is not about the money for it wasn't much, but her lukewarm interest in pursing goals. Truth is that she never started the trade.

I let that slide and we moved on... Each day I noticed she doesn't have the desire to pursue goals. I mean, how could she have stayed over 3years at home without learning any skill or being purposeful. When it was clear that she wasn't being purposeful, I told her crystal clear that I would not want to be with anyone who lacks purpose or isn't resourceful. In response, she told me that she would work harder and do something. But as each day passed, it was the same old story. Right now, she teaches at a school - this was after a lot of pushing, and forcing and begging and all of that. Even, of the teaching, she complains that it is stressful.

She visited my family house twice. The first time she visited, I had to literally tell her to help in the sweeping of the house the morning following the night she arrived, which she did - I mean, I expected her to know (without being told) that that was expected of her as a first-time visitor in the frame of a prospective wife/in-law. Even as a man, you don't stay inside the room when you visit a family especially when they are doing chores - that was how I was raised. Maybe it isn't a general expectation, but that was how I was raised (Don't crucify me).

As it stands now, she isn't cleared yet and each time I tell her to go to the school, she would either reply reluctantly or get upset. Moreso, she doesn't have a skill. The truth is that, though she is nice, a virgin apparently, she may end up depending on me 100%. Given the way Nigeria is, one needs a partner who can support one. Also, coupled with the fact that though she loves me 100%, she is not very exposed (a bit timid), and lacks the desire to be independent, hardworking or achieve her own goals.

We had discussed marriage, though I have not proposed yet. Conversely, right now, I am having a rethink which has caused me to be a bit withdrawn and retrogressive. I do not want a spouse who would drag me backwards, I have suffered a lot to get to where God placed me - I don't want a setback given that my family partly depends on me. From all indications, I don't know whether she will be able to handle and account for a business if one is established for her.

Even though the decision to either proceed with or withdraw from marriage is solely mine, I'd like a piece of advice.

For matured folks.... What do you think?

Please teach

Please t
Nobody is perfect try to teach her and bear with her because its not so pleasant out there
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by Dexy4yah(m): 8:40pm On Jun 14, 2023
Op if it's not working as you expected please leave her alone for someone else... before you will come here tomorrow and be crying that you have spent all your money on her.
You can't force her to be what she is not.

We men sef...

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by Ten06(m): 9:03pm On Jun 14, 2023
If you leave her the next one you will meet will be resourceful but with bad character.
That is how they roll. Manage the one you have
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by egojeny1(f): 9:10pm On Jun 14, 2023
Oluromantic:
My advice is to give a little more push. I'm saying this because most resourceful ladies might also find it difficult to submit. I know there may be a lot of ranting and criticisms about submission but I'm giving you a honest advice as a realist for your future. Nothing makes you a fulfilled man than to have a resourceful wife that allows you to be in charge: such women are very rare. Once they can work hard on their own, submission with their money gradually slides out...it's psychological.

Now considering the fact that you can't find all you need in one person, you have to weigh your options which emphasizes the role of grooming. Grooming means training her to soothe your taste or standard. To be frank, it might not be a sweet experience at first but it's worth it. The point is you're not ready yet, when you're ready, you will drill her seriously and your love for her is the fuel. I did it for my wife. Anything that gives you peace of mind as you said; that she has good character, should be seriously guided and guarded. Only few women will give you such peace despite their imperfections.

Start from a small level, get her a shop if you can afford it to start selling provisions or likely things and monitor her totally so far she's not pissed to say you're domineering. In my case, my wife enjoyed my control and that made it easy for me. She said she likes the disciplinary love and that someone is mad over her. Now she's super-productive, she even charges me for her services and collects her money promptly. Business is business. I trained her.
Op go with this advice. Since the girl is well behaved what else
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by olabimtanbodman(m): 9:12pm On Jun 14, 2023
Obvious green light ....
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by Coolmagy: 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2023
Oga don't marry her ooooo I am a life witness ooooo I am still regretting till today all loads on my head just roaming in a cycle. Think am well ooooo I beg of you ooooo.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by NaBanga: 9:32pm On Jun 14, 2023
If you are not financially capable to take care of her and your future kids, leave her please. Let her find a man who is capable, while you find a woman who works. It is best to be equally yoked and admit you are not able to cater for this woman.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by NoToPile: 9:47pm On Jun 14, 2023
kalufelix:
I don't see any issues here...as a man you have to weigh your options and set your priorities cos nobody can be perfect...you are obviously looking for an economic partner and not a wife...what if you get a resourceful 9-5 woman who is unfaithful or a narcist..what are you gonna do? open another thread??

Simple.
Loool

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by dandig(m): 9:48pm On Jun 14, 2023
Oluromantic:
My advice is to give a little more push. I'm saying this because most resourceful ladies might also find it difficult to submit. I know there may be a lot of ranting and criticisms about submission but I'm giving you a honest advice as a realist for your future. Nothing makes you a fulfilled man than to have a resourceful wife that allows you to be in charge: such women are very rare. Once they can work hard on their own, submission with their money gradually slides out...it's psychological.

Now considering the fact that you can't find all you need in one person, you have to weigh your options which emphasizes the role of grooming. Grooming means training her to soothe your taste or standard. To be frank, it might not be a sweet experience at first but it's worth it. The point is you're not ready yet, when you're ready, you will drill her seriously and your love for her is the fuel. I did it for my wife. Anything that gives you peace of mind as you said; that she has good character, should be seriously guided and guarded. Only few women will give you such peace despite their imperfections.

Start from a small level, get her a shop if you can afford it to start selling provisions or likely things and monitor her totally so far she's not pissed to say you're domineering. In my case, my wife enjoyed my control and that made it easy for me. She said she likes the disciplinary love and that someone is mad over her. Now she's super-productive, she even charges me for her services and collects her money promptly. Business is business. I trained her.
This your comment don touch so many people lives I swear
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by NoToPile: 9:58pm On Jun 14, 2023
Interesting thread, interesting comments.

Just know one cant have it all, some women just want to be taken care of, fully provided for have children and take care of the homefront and it's not a bad thing.

some men love their women that way.

Not everyone has that business drive.

It's your choice bro

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by Myer(m): 10:12pm On Jun 14, 2023
boborosky:
Firstly, I am a guy who is goal driven. I work my ass off to ensure that I earn a living and this has left me with hating anyone who is lazy.

For matured folks.... What do you think?

The irony of life.
You hate anyone who is lazy yet in the name of love you want to force yourself to marry a lazy woman.

I have a colleague whose wife is a type of your girlfriend and all I can say is he is not happily married. He laments every time over his wife.

Truth is laziness is a stronghold. She can however change but only with continual deliverance. You will be prepared to endure and have a lot of patience.

I perceive you're a believer so I guess the obvious question is have you prayed concerning her?
If you need divine direction for other needs, how much more for the wife you will spend the rest of your life with?

No one can determine a man's wife for him except him.
Any 2 persons can marry if God wills or allows it.

Life is spiritual, she already has the best part- good character and virginity.
However an unbending spirit and laziness is a combination that destroys marriages insidiously.
Mothers are pivotal to what becomes of a home.

I don't judge superficially, all I can say is that you should not rush the marriage at all.
Both of you should seek counsel from marriage counsellors in your church that you respect.
Start with prayer, continue with prayer, end with prayer.

You will get marriage right in Jesus name. Amen.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by ofuonyebi: 10:13pm On Jun 14, 2023
Thanks, but what if she doesn't learn....?[/quote]

from the tone of your language...
this girl seems the simple ...not..go..go social ladies..
at least apart from being a virgin as you claimed, that is another plus

learning is a matter of love and understanding between two people
dont forget that yoruba adage which says ...you dont live far to appreciate a good friend

just talk to her the importance of learning a skill...like fashion design etc

let an your trusted elderly woman also help to talk to her
along the line...she may come to terms with the truth

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by Lightway: 10:20pm On Jun 14, 2023
Oluromantic:

Please don't listen to this fooool. Don't try to change people. This man is a failure and he wants you to become a failure like him that's why he gave you this rubbish advice. If you don't like your life, go ahead and marry her boborosky.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by BreezyRita(f): 10:44pm On Jun 14, 2023
tosinhtml:

Interesting as that was the only thing you could take from the post. Awesome!

It's more interesting that the part in bold is all you saw in my comment.
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by BreezyRita(f): 10:47pm On Jun 14, 2023
Victor2707:

If you allow her to do her wishes, she will blame you for not protecting her.

Women are like children.

Your children will blame you for not guiding them in the right path.

Learn to lead a woman, she will follow your lead.

If you make mistakes as a leader, you pick up the lessons, and fix the mess you made.

NB: I made those statements based on my experience, not opinion.

Lmao
It's probably the women in your life who are like children. Like they can't think for themselves?
Ewwwww

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by fineboynl(m): 11:06pm On Jun 14, 2023
Sorry bro. I stop reading when you said she is a virgin. I don't know where to start to advise you because you will still do what's on you mind. Anyway follow you heart.
Re: My Fiancee Is Good In Terms Of Character But She Isn't Resourceful by bigiyaro(m): 11:18pm On Jun 14, 2023
Bros, to cut a long story short, she is mentally lazy, if you absolutely don't want anything to do with such girl, just cut her off and move on. This will be a major issue in your marriage, she will be a full time house wife, you will employ a house help when she becames 1 day pregnant, lol....just know that any issue you notice now will become amplified later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: "Slay Queens' Private Parts Not A Business, Bible Against Slayers" / Ladies,how Do You Feel About The Man That Disvirgin You,do You Like Or Hate Him? / Why Would You Want To Get Married?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.