Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates (36727 Views)

TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! / Tinubu Vs Peter Obi: 8th June 2023 Live Court Updates / 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by kollinz1234(m): 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
ogunijebu18:

you wish. Yorubas are blessed by GOD. You have been backdoor hating for long time. Yorubas are eternally blessed. You people have been trying to paint yoruba black for decades but will always fail.
eternally blessed and yet your people leave in the slumps of a mega city like "Lagos?

I need to understand your definition of blessing

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by BabaRamota1980: 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
Kukutenla:

But it doesn't change the fact APC stole two states

Define steal
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by keymatt(m): 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Obi won benue- by 20,000 votes according to irev which is useless afterall tinubu won him by 8000 going by inec.
Unfortunately,atiku is not claiming any state tinubu won unlike obi.he is only claiming irregularities and blurred results...

It is statistically possible to win with even 5 states and this is why you guys lost.you don't know how to win elections.you are looking at merely winning states while tinubu is looking at margins.you can win 30 states with narrow margins with me getting above 25% while I win 6 states massively by 95% and above.thevlaw says get the highest votes and spread.the key is margin not number of states won.
Na now I know say you no know maths. Poor agbado sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2023
kollinz1234:
eternally blessed and yet your people leave in the slumps of a mega city like "Lagos?

I need to understand your definition of blessing
And you live where? your last two post: "yoruba are satan worshippers and that we live in slums". Which God do you worship again that makes you think like that?
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 5:00pm On Jun 16, 2023
keymatt:
Na now I know say you no know maths. Poor agbado sad

Fault me intelligently instead of making childish averments like pandora
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 5:03pm On Jun 16, 2023
BabaRamota1980:

Correct, all copies of materials and recorded numbers are valid and official, but only one is authentic and admissible.

Good.the one inec holds is the most important...
Assuming there's a rerun in 1800) units,that's about 10 mil voters.maximum average turnout is 30#% that is 3 mil.but scattered polls usually experience lower or abysmal turnout but let's leave it at 3 mil.higgest obi can get is 2mil which cannot change anything.in reality,less than 2 mil will come out
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 5:03pm On Jun 16, 2023
Kukutenla:

But it doesn't change the fact APC stole two states

In summary,tinubu will remain there till 2031
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 5:04pm On Jun 16, 2023
Kukutenla:

That's a bloody lie. Don't sit in your cocoon and make generalisations.
Reducing the whole world to your Nigerian charades

Did Hillary not accuse trump of rigging,did trump not cry of rigging? Which Nigerian election was ever 100% ? Indomie generation
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by sonnie10: 5:04pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Fault me intelligently instead of making childish averments like pandora
Do not dodge my request. You swore here that the Prof said IREV is not a coalition system.
Please quote where you got that information.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by sonnie10: 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Did Hillary not accuse trump of rigging,did trump not cry of rigging? Which Nigerian election was ever 100% ? Indomie generation
I am still waiting for your clarification on the statement you made regarding the collation system.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 5:07pm On Jun 16, 2023
sonnie10:

I am still waiting for your clarification on the statement you made regarding the coalition system.

Wait till 2031
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by MyPoint: 5:07pm On Jun 16, 2023
aswani:

It is not enough to prove there was fraud, you have to prove the fraud was enough to give you more votes than your opponent, that's how Oshio bàbà became governor to start with.

Because there was fraud in Anambra state, the courts will never ever extrapolate that to Abia state, you have to proof every single vote counted that you are discarding or not counted that you want admitting.

It will be nice if LP lawyers start proving this electoral fraud because we are 10 days into the case already.

You and Senatordave1 are missing the points.

You assumption is that LP has not proved anything.

When this cases stated the agreed on the approach they will adopt for the proceeded. I recalled they agreed of adopting subpoenas. Which means documents and statement taken o. Oath.

All the proofs are already done in their schedule in the form of evidence. It is the same reference documents the judges make reference to during all their presentation.

So once the 3 weeks are over they will go over to the next stage of further arguments.

Same reason your lawyer keep saying they will explain the reason for their objection later.

So the foundation for the case have been laid. The further fireworks will start after next week. Before the rulling.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by kollinz1234(m): 5:08pm On Jun 16, 2023
ogunijebu18:

And you live where? your last two post: "yoruba are satan worshippers and that we live in slums". Which God do you worship again that makes you think like that?
lol I like your diversion.

Calling Igbos slaves makes you what?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IfnobeGod20: 5:09pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

It is not enough.you must compare it with other copies.the electoral act in section 64 states that when collating,a collation officer must cross-check with other copies.therefore,you cannot depend on irev which the supreme court sees as secondary evidence
You're wrong, the electoral Act section 64 (5)(6) says when there is a dispute in the collation, the collation officer or the returning officer will cross check with the transmitted votes from the polling units.

Let me help you quote it verbatim as below with little footnotes with it.
Section 64 (5)(6)

(5) Subject to subsection (1), a collation officer or returning officer shall use the number of accredited voters recorded and transmitted directly from polling units under section 47 (2) of this Act and the votes or results recorded and transmitted directly from polling units under section 60 (4) of this Act to collate and announce the result of an election if a collated result at his or a lower level of collation is not correct.

'footnote'
It is even mandatory for a collation officer or returning officer to compare the recorded results with transmitted results from the polling units as stated in the above section.

(6) Where during collation of results, there is a dispute regarding a collated result or the result of an election from any polling unit, the collation officer or returning officer shall use the following to determine the correctness of the disputed result –
(a) the original of the disputed collated result for each polling unit where the
election is disputed;
(b) the smart card reader or other technology device used for accreditation of voters in each polling unit where the election is disputed for the purpose of
obtaining accreditation data directly from the smart card reader or technology device;
(c) data of accreditation recorded and transmitted directly from each polling unit where the election is disputed as prescribed under section 47 (2) of this Act; and
'footnote'
In this section, it was made explicit that in case there is a dispute in the collation of results, it is expected for the collation officer or returning officer to rely on data of accreditation recorded and transmitted directly from each polling unit so disputed, the section didn't say ward, LG or state level results take note.

(d) the votes and result of the election recorded and transmitted directly from
each polling unit where the election is disputed, as prescribed under section 60 (4) of this Act.

(7) If the disputed result under subsection (6) were otherwise found not to be correct, the collation officer or returning officer shall re-collate and announce a new result
using the information in subsection (6) (a)-(d).

Please stop confusing people here. The electoral Act is explicit and not vague and you don't need to be a lawyer or SAN to know the content because it uses simple and simplest words.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Kukutenla: 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

I know you'll go to US. Those were accusation without any shred of evidence unlike the overwhelming evidence here.
Which of those accusations was so easily proven and visible to the blind like this benue and rivers?
Besides that, have you ever heard of rigging in UK, Germany, Canada?
APC is a thieving party

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Kukutenla: 5:11pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

In summary,tinubu will remain there till 2031
In summary Tinubu is operating a stolen mandate
Shame!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by sonnie10: 5:11pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Wait till 2031
Waiting till 2031, does not absurd you of your written statement.
In more than 10 instances here you repeated the false claim about collation system. Please show us that you were not being deceitful.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Kukutenla: 5:12pm On Jun 16, 2023
BabaRamota1980:

Define steal
Stealing is taking for yourself something that you do not own or have rights over. E.g. claiming Benue and Rivers as part of states won by APC when LP clearly won there

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Mathias2015(m): 5:12pm On Jun 16, 2023
Rivers and Benue
I reside in Rivers
If anyone tell you that tinubu won rivers, then that person is as good as the devil I don't know. I belong to not less than 15 WhatsApp group then, and all the PU results that are offloaded in this various groups the results shows that LP won 99% from all the local government.
How can tinubu win in obigbo, obia akpo, phalga, ikwere etc.
We all know what play out
Ask the jagaban of Rivers state.

Benue- As an indigene of Benue, so you guys think that we're not tired of shading tears and mass burial of our love ones for the pass 8yrs of bubu(Apc). Of which they sent Thier foot soldiers to do a total annihilation on the Tivs and idomas.
And a right thinking Benue person will gladly go and vote for Apc continuation of the killing from were bubu stop abi.
Yes apc may have vote both not up to 10%.
Pls quote me wrong

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 5:12pm On Jun 16, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

You're wrong, the electoral Act section 64 (5)(6) says when there is a dispute in the collation, the collation officer or the returning officer will cross check with the transmitted votes from the polling units.

Let me help you quote it verbatim as below with little footnotes with it.
Section 64 (5)(6)

(5) Subject to subsection (1), a collation officer or returning officer shall use the number of accredited voters recorded and transmitted directly from polling units under section 47 (2) of this Act and the votes or results recorded and transmitted directly from polling units under section 60 (4) of this Act to collate and announce the result of an election if a collated result at his or a lower level of collation is not correct.

'footnote'
It is even mandatory for a collation officer or returning officer to compare the recorded results with transmitted results from the polling units as stated in the above section.

(6) Where during collation of results, there is a dispute regarding a collated result or the result of an election from any polling unit, the collation officer or returning officer shall use the following to determine the correctness of the disputed result –
(a) the original of the disputed collated result for each polling unit where the
election is disputed;
(b) the smart card reader or other technology device used for accreditation of voters in each polling unit where the election is disputed for the purpose of
obtaining accreditation data directly from the smart card reader or technology device;
(c) data of accreditation recorded and transmitted directly from each polling unit where the election is disputed as prescribed under section 47 (2) of this Act; and
'footnote'
In this section, it was made explicit that in case there is a dispute in the collation of results, it is expected for the collation officer or returning officer to rely on data of accreditation recorded and transmitted directly from each polling unit so disputed, the section didn't say ward, LG or state level results take note.

(d) the votes and result of the election recorded and transmitted directly from
each polling unit where the election is disputed, as prescribed under section 60 (4) of this Act.

(7) If the disputed result under subsection (6) were otherwise found not to be correct, the collation officer or returning officer shall re-collate and announce a new result
using the information in subsection (6) (a)-(d).

Please stop confusing people here. The electoral Act is explicit and not vague and you don't need to be a lawyer or SAN to know the content because it uses simple and simplest words.

The prof goofed by basing his results only on irev copy
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 16, 2023
kollinz1234:
lol I like your diversion.

Calling Igbos slaves makes you what?
You brought religion into the conversation
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2023
MyPoint:

You and Senatordave1 are missing the points.

You assumption is that LP has not proved anything.

When this cases stated the agreed on the approach they will adopt for the proceeded. I recalled they agreed of adopting subpoenas. Which means documents and statement taken o. Oath.

All the proofs are already done in their schedule in the form of evidence. It is the same reference documents the judges make reference to during all their presentation.

So once the 3 weeks are over they will go over to the next stage of further arguments.

Same reason your lawyer keep saying they will explain the reason for their objection later.

So the foundation for the case have been laid. The further fireworks will start after next week. Before the rulling.

No tangible proof has been laid or established.the ones they tried to establish are watery and can easily be rebutted by inec or even the judges like the blurred results,inec statement on form of transmission
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by sonnie10: 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

The prof goofed by basing his results only on irev copy
Show us where the Prof said that IREV is not a coalition system as you have consistently claimed.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2023
Kukutenla:

In summary Tinubu is operating a stolen mandate
Shame!!

Obi rigged in anambra in 2010.all oresidens from 1960 rigged.by the way, why hasn't obi shown us how he won
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 5:17pm On Jun 16, 2023
Kukutenla:

I know you'll go to US. Those were accusation without any shred of evidence unlike the overwhelming evidence here.
Which of those accusations was so easily proven and visible to the blind like this benue and rivers?
Besides that, have you ever heard of rigging in UK, Germany, Canada?
APC is a thieving party

Which of overrwhelming evidence apart from irev copies on which won't hold water? I asked you to show figures of the obi leading tinubu,you can't boy
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 5:17pm On Jun 16, 2023
sonnie10:

Show us where the Prof said that IREV is not a coalition system as you have consistently claimed.

Up tinubu
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2023
Mathias2015:
Rivers and Benue
I reside in Rivers
If anyone tell you that tinubu won rivers, then that person is as good as the devil I don't know. I belong to not less than 15 WhatsApp group then, and all the PU results that are offloaded in this various groups the results shows that LP won 99% from all the local government.
How can tinubu win in obigbo, obia akpo, phalga, ikwere etc.
We all know what play out
Ask the jagaban of Rivers state.

Benue- As an indigene of Benue, so you guys think that we're not tired of shading tears and mass burial of our love ones for the pass 8yrs of bubu(Apc). Of which they sent Thier foot soldiers to do a total annihilation on the Tivs and idomas.
And a right thinking Benue person will gladly go and vote for Apc continuation of the killing from were bubu stop abi.
Yes apc may have vote both not up to 10%.
Pls quote me wrong

The results that lp brought from rivers shows tinubu got 25%
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IfnobeGod20: 5:20pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

No witness has testified to this so far
This is why I said, you people are jumping guns. You only want the petitioner to do it in your own terms and conditions but they have their own ways of doing thing, they are not novice in the case of election litigation. Just last month they won a case for Adeleke, which you often refer to but forgetting that they are two different cases and incomparable. Adeleke and Oyetola case is on over voting while Obi and Tinubu own is on manipulation of results, suppression of votes and breached of INEC guidelines and electoral Act. Votes manipulation and suppression can only be detected at the polling units where election took place and not where collation took place. Two different cases.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by sonnie10: 5:23pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Up tinubu

This is not an answer. You intentionally made false claims about the Prof testimony. Please prove to us that the Prof actually said what you have consistently written about him in your numerous statements here on the coalition system

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 5:23pm On Jun 16, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

This is why I said, you people are jumping guns. You only want the petitioner to do it in your own terms and conditions but they have their own ways of doing thing, they are not novice in the case of election litigation. Just last month they won a case for Adeleke, which you often refer to but forgetting that they are two different cases and incomparable. Adeleke and Oyetola case is on over voting while Obi and Tinubu own is on manipulation of results, suppression of votes and breached of INEC guidelines and electoral Act. Votes manipulation and suppression can only be detected at the polling units where election took place and not where collation took place. Two different cases.

Obi cannot prove suppression,manipulation or even breach of electoral act.he is trying to prove with data outside the polling unit instead of data entered at the units
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2023
sonnie10:

This is not an answer. You intentionally made false claims about the Prof testimony. Please prove to us that the Prof actually said what you have consistently written about him in your numerous statements here on the coalition system

Down obi
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by chidiokay: 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2023
ubaobi:

Of course IREV is a collation system, according to section 64 sub 4 of the 2022 electoral act, the result sheet form EC8A must be transmitted directly from the polling unit. When the presiding officer presents the result sheet at the collation centre, the ward collation officer must check the result on IREV and confirm that what is on IREV is the same with the physical copy that has been submitted by the presiding officer, it's clearly written in the electoral act. So if images are blurred or what is uploaded is different from what is on the physical form. Then there is a problem. So IREV is not used for collation, form EC8A is the primary source of election results, but the IREV is clearly part. of the collation system. In fact the law clearly states that where there is a discrepancy the ward collation officer will rely on what was uploaded Read section 64 of the electoral act carefully.

Can you please highlight and screen much that part, i can't see it old age don dey worry me

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (24) (Reply)

Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) / Ogechi Obiano Graduates From Houston, Texas University - Pictures / Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.