Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,493 members, 7,812,529 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS (4008 Views)

Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This / Man Plans With SARS Officers To Arrest His Girlfriend So He Can Propose To Her / First Encounter With A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by GANJALOWSKI: 9:59pm On Jun 16, 2023
This post is just to enlighten young men who have a legitimate source of income and are doing well financially, you dont do drugs and you dont partake in crimes. You'd easily think you have nothing to worry about SARS police, this was my belief and thought hiltherto. But today, SARS don clear my doubt, lol.

I have been hearing a lot of stories about these SARS people and I always conclude that all their victims are scammers, but today it got to my turn and now I really regret my having such thoughts. Another thing I also regret is my criticism back then of those who took part in the END SARS protest about 3 years ago. From my experience today, I need nobody to tell me that those SARS police in un-named uniforms are insane.

I'm a young man in my mid 30s, a business man and also a building contractor in Benin city

Today, I took some workers to go check out some job at a new site. When I was coming back, I met some policemen at a checkpoint close to Ikpoba river. I thought it was just a normal checkpoint, they told me to park my vehicle for search. I parked and they told me to come down and open my hood, I opened it and the policeman started checking but he found nothing. The next thing he just walked up to me and collected my 2 phones and my purse, he started inserting his hands into my pocket and pulling out money, I was surprised at his attitude so I asked him what type of search he is doing. He said I should keep quiet that if I should say anything further he will finish me right there. I'm not the type of person you can intimidate with uniform, so I told him to stop searching me in that manner. He immediately got furious and he went back to my vehicle, flung open all the doors and scattered everything inside my vehicle but still he found nothing. Like play like play(sic) this un-named policeman said I should open my phone that I'm a fraudster and a thief, one fair lady-tout-police also in uniform flung herself out of nowhere and said they should immediately handcuff me and take me to the station. I was just watching all of them acting like little children fighting for food, then one other policeman who I think was their leader came and took me by the hand and told me to go and sit down inside their hilux that was parked on one side of the road.

The police officer started browsing through my pictures, apps and every other thing in my phone but found nothing. Then he went through my message and saw my bank alerts which showed my account balance (I think Nigeria banks should give us an option to turn off sms alerts) that was when he signalled the other police that I have money and they all came together and immediately took me and my vehicle to the state headquarters at sapele road. At this moment I told my workers to go home and they should not worry about me, so they left.

When we got to the state headquarters, they took me to one of the buildings at the extreme end and told me to sit down. I told them to give me my phone so I can let my people know where I'm at and what happened, they refused. They said I'm a criminal, a thief and a fraudster. One told me that when he finish working on me I'll confess. They came back and asked me to unlock my 2 phones again which I did, they all started taking turns in browsing through my phones looking for "evidence" that I was a criminal, still they found nothing. At this stage they started threatening me with everything they could, one of them suggested that they should follow me home and search my house, another one came and asked me to pull my clothes and that they should lock me up in cell. It was at this point that I told them that they cannot intimidate me, I told them "clear conscience fears no accusations" another one came out of nowhere and slapped my left ear, i'm very sure that was all the strength he could muster but I only felt it like I was slapped by a little boy (if not for his uniform I can kill that guy with my bare hands in a physical combat)

At this point I became so enraged, but I had to calm myself down for the sake of my life at that moment. The other policeman came back and asked me to put on my clothes. He said they should open a casefile and take my statement, I was asked to write an introduction of myself, my family and my education and I did so. From then on they started dictating to me, I was told to write down that I'm an internet fraudster. Arguing with them at this stage made no sense to me so I simply wrote down everything the un-named policeman was dictating, at the end he told me to also write that everything above is true and I wasnt held under duress when I was writing it. I wrote everything as I was instructed, signed at the end and the policeman took the paper.

They stopped talking to me for sometime. Later one started insulting me that I have money but lack sense, he said I was supposed to plead with them by suggesting how much I can pay so that they will leave me alone. At the end their leader instructed them not to collect any money from me, he said they should give me back all my things that was collected and let me go. They gave me back everything that was collected and took me to where my car was parked, that was the end of my ordeal.

As a young man out there that's not into crime, try as much as possible to avoid contact with all these SARS checking point. Those people are not sane humans.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by GANJALOWSKI: 10:00pm On Jun 16, 2023
If this was posted in the wrong section, a mod should help me move it

1 Like

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by LikeAking: 10:23pm On Jun 16, 2023
GANJALOWSKI:
This post is just to enlighten young men who have a legitimate source of income and are doing well financially, you dont do drugs and you dont partake in crimes. You'd easily think you have nothing to worry about SARS police, this was my belief and thought hiltherto. But today, SARS don clear my doubt, lol.

I have been hearing a lot of stories about these SARS people and I always conclude that all their victims are scammers, but today it got to my turn and now I really regret my having such thoughts. Another thing I also regret is my criticism back then of those who took part in the END SARS protest about 3 years ago. From my experience today, I need nobody to tell me that those SARS police in un-named uniforms are insane.

I'm a young man in my mid 30s, a business man and also a building contractor in Benin city

Today, I took some workers to go check out some job at a new site. When I was coming back, I met some policemen at a checkpoint close to Ikpoba river. I thought it was just a normal checkpoint, they told me to park my vehicle for search. I parked and they told me to come down and open my hood, I opened it and the policeman started checking but he found nothing. The next thing he just walked up to me and collected my 2 phones and my purse, he started inserting his hands into my pocket and pulling out money, I was surprised at his attitude so I asked him what type of search he is doing. He said I should keep quiet that if I should say anything further he will finish me right there. I'm not the type of person you can intimidate with uniform, so I told him to stop searching me in that manner. He immediately got furious and he went back to my vehicle, flung open all the doors and scattered everything inside my vehicle but still he found nothing. Like play like play(sic) this un-named policeman said I should open my phone that I'm a fraudster and a thief, one fair lady-tout-police also in uniform flung herself out of nowhere and said they should immediately handcuff me and take me to the station. I was just watching all of them acting like little children fighting for food, then one other policeman who I think was their leader came and took me by the hand and told me to go and sit down inside their hilux that was parked on one side of the road.

The police officer started browsing through my pictures, apps and every other thing in my phone but found nothing. Then he went through my message and saw my bank alerts which showed my account balance (I think Nigeria banks should give us an option to turn off sms alerts) that was when he signalled the other police that I have money and they all came together and immediately took me and my vehicle to the state headquarters at sapele road. At this moment I told my workers to go home and they should not worry about me, so they left.

When we got to the state headquarters, they took me to one of the buildings at the extreme end and told me to sit down. I told them to give me my phone so I can let my people know where I'm at and what happened, they refused. They said I'm a criminal, a thief and a fraudster. One told me that when he finish working on me I'll confess. They came back and asked me to unlock my 2 phones again which I did, they all started taking turns in browsing through my phones looking for "evidence" that I was a criminal, still they found nothing. At this stage they started threatening me with everything they could, one of them suggested that they should follow me home and search my house, another one came and asked me to pull my clothes and that they should lock me up in cell. It was at this point that I told them that they cannot intimidate me, I told them "clear conscience fears no accusations" another one came out of nowhere and slapped my left ear, i'm very sure that was all the strength he could muster but I only felt it like I was slapped by a little boy (if not for his uniform I can kill that guy with my bare hands in a physical combat)

At this point I became so enraged, but I had to calm myself down for the sake of my life at that moment. The other policeman came back and asked me to put on my clothes. He said they should open a casefile and take my statement, I was asked to write an introduction of myself, my family and my education and I did so. From then on they started dictating to me, I was told to write down that I'm an internet fraudster. Arguing with them at this stage made no sense to me so I simply wrote down everything the un-named policeman was dictating, at the end he told me to also write that everything above is true and I wasnt held under duress when I was writing it. I wrote everything as I was instructed, signed at the end and the policeman took the paper.

They stopped talking to me for sometime. Later one started insulting me that I have money but lack sense, he said I was supposed to plead with them by suggesting how much I can pay so that they will leave me alone. At the end their leader instructed them not to collect any money from me, he said they should give me back all my things that was collected and let me go. They gave me back everything that was collected and took me to where my car was parked, that was the end of my ordeal.

As a young man out there that's not into crime, try as much as possible to avoid contact with all these SARS checking point. Those people are not sane humans.

This is so serious...

Na person set you up.

Sorry!

3 Likes

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by stacyadams: 10:25pm On Jun 16, 2023
GANJALOWSKI:

I kept telling some of u who live on the moon that SARS matter go reach everybody...other doubting Thomases should continue... grin

15 Likes

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by Martinsmine(m): 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2023
Call the police name lets go and blow it on bird app

11 Likes

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by Sucre6: 10:44pm On Jun 16, 2023
Op, this is what I have done and always works for me, always endevour to visit the divisional police headquarters of every location u stay and pay him/her a curtsey visit after which u will collect his number or even the commissioner of Police,

Whenever any police SARS or whom ever stops you and start to make threat, just pick up your phone and call their DPO or commissioner of Police and see how them go begin beg u, and make sure its not a lonly place at the time, by authoritatively mentioning the name of their DPO telling them that u will report their conduct, they will almost pee their panties, their DPO may also be corrupt but his reputation matters to him so much and as much he won't alloww you sue him along side the barbaric SARS guys that actually committed the offence or at least try to get the phone number of the PRO representing the police formation in your area.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by seanwilliam(m): 10:59pm On Jun 16, 2023
So sars still Dey ? Omo
Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by N3TRAL: 11:06pm On Jun 16, 2023
No evidence that this happened.

Even if it happened, if you told them that you're a building contractor and showed them evidence of your identity, they wouldn't harass you. Mention big names that you have worked for and where they can find some of the projects that you've executed. Show them building plans in your car and threaten to call your lawyer right there.

They're mostly uninformed and genuinely believed that you were a fraudster. They left you because it seems as though they discovered later on that you weren't a fraudster. That's what you were supposed to do the first moment you met them- make them believe your a proper citizen.

Everytime I drive through a checkpoint, they praise me for being able to identify myself. You need emotional intelligence to deal with policemen in Nigeria.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by GANJALOWSKI: 11:24pm On Jun 16, 2023
Martinsmine:
Could only get the name tag of one of them. He was part of the group that mounted the checkpoint, but he wasn't really part of those that harrased me (probably because he was in uniform) so I wouldn't put his name here.
Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by GANJALOWSKI: 11:29pm On Jun 16, 2023
N3TRAL:

Even if it happened, if you told them that you're a building contractor and showed them evidence of your identity, they wouldn't harass you. Mention big names that you have worked for and where they can find some of the projects that you've executed. Show them building plans in your car and threaten to call your lawyer right there.

They're mostly uninformed and genuinely believed that you were a fraudster. They left you because it seems as though they discovered later on that you weren't a fraudster. That's what you were supposed to do the first moment you met them- make them believe your a proper citizen.

Everytime I drive through a checkpoint, they praise me for being able to identify myself. You need emotional intelligence to deal with policemen in Nigeria.
Bro I get your point, but that part I bolded was not the case. Those guys got every details of my business, my complimentary card, my stickers that I use on sites, my color charts, my catalog and every other thing relating to my business were all in my vehicle and they saw everything. You think they'd let me go if they were truly convinced I was a fraudster? I'm not a fraudster and I don't act like one, it is what it is bro.

9 Likes

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by Kimiso(m): 11:42pm On Jun 16, 2023
it was supposed to be in crime section so this kind of life experience topic can reach front page
Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by N3TRAL: 11:53pm On Jun 16, 2023
GANJALOWSKI:

Bro I get your point, but that part I bolded was not the case. Those guys got every details of my business, my complimentary card, my stickers that I use on sites, my color charts, my catalog and every other thing relating to my business were all in my vehicle and they saw everything. You think they'd let me go if they were truly convinced I was a fraudster? I'm not a fraudster and I don't act like one, it is what it is bro.

I'm deeply sorry for your experience. It's bad when helpless citizens are oppressed. I condemn what they did to you and hope steps are taken to prevent injustice in future.

4 Likes

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by Nemesis0147(m): 12:04am On Jun 17, 2023
Sorry op.
Na wetin boys they face steady….this people can frame you up within few seconds….na police harassment made me relocate to Abj.
The last time I traveled to the east…I went to greet my aunt without knowing that police were raiding the area,that was how they entered the living room and dragged me out and started searching my phones,,asked me to identify my aunts name and her children name too…their word when they we’re leaving was that “WE GO STILL CATCH YOU”.
they for carry me comot but my Aunty was around she dy influential in a way….many many experiences with those Demonds!!
I don leave south for them
Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by Nemesis0147(m): 12:05am On Jun 17, 2023
N3TRAL:

I’m sure the op had this kind of mentality but trust me…this police brutality go reach everybody!!
The only chance of avoiding such harassment is only if you live in the far north.

1 Like

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by Nemesis0147(m): 12:15am On Jun 17, 2023
Sucre6:
Op, this is what I have done and always works for me, always endevour to visit the divisional police headquarters of every location u stay and pay him/her a curtsey visit after which u will collect his number or even the commissioner of Police,

Whenever any police SARS or whom ever stops you and start to make threat, just pick up your phone and call their DPO or commissioner of Police and see how them go begin beg u, and make sure its not a lonly place at the time, by authoritatively mentioning the name of their DPO telling them that u will report their conduct, they will almost pee their panties, their DPO may also be corrupt but his reputation matters to him so much and as much he won't alloww you sue him along side the barbaric SARS guys that actually committed the offence or at least try to get the phone number of the PRO representing the police formation in your area.
untill they will use billing and family problems finish your life.

One DPO in Anambra was always calling my guy for assistance which he do render normally…the last stroke that broke the camels back was when he asked my guy to help him book flight for his visiting wife…both coming and going which my guy did!

He relocated after 1 week because you turning him down might result to framing up.

4 Likes

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by KdpMaster: 12:19am On Jun 17, 2023
GANJALOWSKI:

As of the below
(I think Nigeria banks should give us an option to turn off sms alerts)
Go to your bank and tell them they will issue you a form and you shouldn't tick sms alert

1 Like

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by 4ward4: 1:19am On Jun 17, 2023
Always delete Alerts from your Phone . that is a security measure I have learnt a long time ago. and do not have you major saving account app on your phone...Just get the little Naira account active.
The street in Nigeria is a Jungle and most law enforcement agents are fraudsters.

4 Likes

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by Astra101: 2:03am On Jun 17, 2023
Which Sars bi dat one

Dem still dey road
Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by SenecaTheYonger: 3:57am On Jun 17, 2023
GANJALOWSKI:

This was my story too around 2019. Worst part is that’s the same year I lost my dad. As someone who barely leaves the house since I was a kid, it was a traumatic event. I’m sure I posted here and people like you will call me a liar and a thief.

In fact after SARS was done with me, I truly believed I was a thief. I was so down I even thought of changing my line of work to something that made less money so I won’t be harassed like that.

This was the reason many youths started leaving this country. It’s not even because of bad government, it’s that you can be killed for not disobeying any law.

That day I asked myself, what’s the point of not doing scam if I could get harassed like a scammer? I cried bitterly when I was alone in my room. All the while I thought I was being a good citizen only to get rough-handled like a thief.

It looks like we’re back to square one again with SARS

8 Likes

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by Sucre6: 4:53am On Jun 17, 2023
Nemesis0147:
untill they will use billing and family problems finish your life.

One DPO in Anambra was always calling my guy for assistance which he do render normally…the last stroke that broke the camels back was when he asked my guy to help him book flight for his visiting wife…both coming and going which my guy did!

He relocated after 1 week because you turning him down might result to framing up.

Him dey craze , 😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by Dzzzz: 5:07am On Jun 17, 2023
Fraudster or no this people are Criminals to the core..Your lucky one of them had sense to let you go in other cases it was a different matter..But next time don’t write all that cause you already implicated yourself..

3 Likes

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by Archtype(m): 5:31am On Jun 17, 2023
GANJALOWSKI:

Those people are evil, they've made me miss my interview exam, they saw my file and everything, searched phone and everything and yet persisted that I be Yahoo boy without evidence, They clearly saw that I was heading to an exam but by the time they saw my empty account balance they even said that I have another account that I was hiding money, they even carry the my ATM to go and check the balance that was when they released me...SARS are criminals, if I became an arm robber killing them will always be my joy cos their intimation no be here

6 Likes

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by IkeIgboNiile(m): 6:13am On Jun 17, 2023
Sorry Op but I'm having difficulty believing your story. Why did you follow them to the station? On what charge did they arrest you for?

I'll never follow police to their station. Everything must be settled at the spot.

FCID didn't dictate my statement.
Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by Blaqroman0000: 6:44am On Jun 17, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:
Sorry Op but I'm having difficulty believing your story. Why did you follow them to the station? On what charge did they arrest you for?

I'll never follow police to their station. Everything must be settled at the spot.

seems you're not in this Nigeria or probably you're a novice or you haven't had sars case...once they want you to go to the station with them,you must follow them or they may frame you up...the only thing that may make you not to go with them is when you settle them
Better know this incase you encounter one anytime you will need to be street wise..them no they use intelligency follow sars ooo

2 Likes

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by ruggedtimi(m): 6:45am On Jun 17, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:

N3TRAL:

u never jam better sars ...no worry!
Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by Crieff(m): 6:57am On Jun 17, 2023
GANJALOWSKI:

Brief a very good law firm and take it up with them for assault.
Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by Georgekyrian(m): 7:05am On Jun 17, 2023
Sucre6:

Even if you don’t keep police friend, don’t joke with your police contact. I mean men wey get division

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by Prayfortheworld: 7:54am On Jun 17, 2023
I'm glad say e reach you, any evil anybody dy support for this country i hope e reach them.
You think say na only yahoo boys because e get who them dy write yahoo for em face
Them suppose hang you torture you make your eyes clear for the evil wey dy happen for this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by tonytony208(m): 8:06am On Jun 17, 2023
GANJALOWSKI:

You are in your 30s...

You are a business man....

You are a contractor....

You have money....

Bla bla bla...

Yet, your brain hadn't enlightened you to install cameras in your car.

You socalled internet age children claim to know it all, yet you behave like uninformed Villagers.

Serves you right, though.

The head of Mr macaroni and all other end SARS activists that you abused have caught up with you.
Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by tonytony208(m): 8:08am On Jun 17, 2023
Martinsmine:

Did you even read the post at all?
Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by tonytony208(m): 8:10am On Jun 17, 2023
GANJALOWSKI:
Could only get the name tag of one of them. He was part of the group that mounted the checkpoint, but he wasn't really part of those that harrased me (probably because he was in uniform) so I wouldn't put his name here.

You are as daft as I thought you were.

So, you don't know that particular one with name tags will help fish out the rest?

How did you even become a contractor with such daft, slow manner of reasoning?!

2 Likes

Re: Today I Had My First Encounter With SARS by Jakumo(m): 8:10am On Jun 17, 2023
OP I am 100% sure that if you had been carrying a good-sized chunk of cash, those police robbers would have simply shot you dead, then reported finding a possible robbery attack victim after dumping your corpse by the roadside or taking it to the mortuary.

I spoke to a retired Nigerian Mobile Police officer who described this process in detail. Typically they would order flashy cars to stop at their unofficial roadblocks that were generally located along lonely stretches of Nigeria's rural highways. Once a search of the vehicle yielded cash, the police would demand as much as 80% of that money from the vehicle owner.

If the vehicle owner was quick to accept that he was about to be robbed at gunpoint, negotiations would commence and the police would collect as much as 50% of the cash before allowing the money's owner to depart with a stern warning to try and "cooperate" more promptly next time. In the case of motorists who wrongly presumed that they had rights over their own money and thus refused to pay or negotiate, the ignition keys would be seized by the police who would then convene a meeting to determine whether or not to "sentence" the stubborn motorist to death right there and then.

Following some minutes of discussion, the motorist would be ordered to step out of the car for a "detailed search", and then after ensuring that no other vehicles were passing at the time, one of the officers would approach the motorist from behind and shoot him point blank in the head, taking pains to direct the shot's trajectory in a way that high velocity sprayed brain matter would not soil the uniforms of his fellow police robbers. The dead body would either be loaded into the trunk (boot) of the car or alternatively dumped in the bush, after which the crew would drive the car to be abandoned at a location distant from the crime scene.

Once all the "impounded" cash had been equally shared among the policemen, they would then decide whether to report an abandoned vehicle with a dead body inside the boot or alternatively just maintain their agreed code of silence at the end of their shift when they would disperse to enjoy the day's takings in beer parlors and houses of prostitution.

The retired mobile police officer who narrated this story informed me that it was only when he became a "born again Christian" that he began to develop a conscience over his participation in a large number of such serial murders with his fellow uniformed officers. Afraid that he would be "silenced" in the event of expressing reluctance to continue that practice of "sentencing" cash-carrying motorists to death, the officer simply absconded, quit the force, and took employment as a security guard working for a remote government farming establishment, where I met him much later when I was in the area shooting bush fowl.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Different Types Of Men / When Does The Average Nigerian Woman Move Out Of Her Parents Home? / The First Time You Met: What Did You Tell Him/her And What Was His/her Response.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 196
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.