Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,033 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This (49533 Views)

Bride's Father Administers Strict Wedding Vows To Groom On Wedding Day (Video) / Man Confused As His Girlfriend And His Friend Fight Over Food. Photo / Man Drops Surprise Engagement Ring On His Girlfriend's Bed, See What She Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by TheOldGods: 9:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
We have been dating for a while now. Been coming to my house and my parents knows her. Normally she visits and sleeps over and ofcourse because she is my guest ,I'll have to give her food etc.

So today I decided to be different. I told her I was hungry and if she was, ofcourse she hurried and said yes, dresses up and jumped in my lexus. I just smiled, and started the car and we drove to a restaurant.

Before we got down from the car, I told her that I don't want to spend more than 3k on the meal between the both of us, and I told her to handle it, which she said fine, and split the fees to 1500 each. She got her food and a huge chicken which everything was 1500 naira on her end, and I got swallow which was about 1050 naira on my end. And the total money was 2550 naira. Then suddenly my girlfriend told me she also wants plantain, that the money is not yet upto 3k. That it must reach 3k. I was shocked because, if we were married then she can't help me save money when I tell her let's cut down cost. I thought she would even be happy that she saved me money and now we didn't send upto that 3k. But wow.

The waiter wanted to take the food and add the plantation of 450, but I refused and told her to collect her payment as we were done ordering.

My so called girlfriend then got angry and decided to seat somewhere far away from me, and we didn't see each other till I was done eating, although she waited for me. To my surprise she didn't eat that food, she packaged it back in a takeaway bag, and kept it for me. I asked her why she didn't eat the food she ordered by herself which was already 1500, as we agreed, and she said she won't eat it, and I took the food back. I ate the food myself with the chicken.

Right now, I don't want to take this relationship serious. Did I do the wrong thing by not allowing her spend the remaining money and making it 3k? Which ofcourse was the remaining money from my own food.?

434 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Kingsasian(m): 9:46pm On Mar 30, 2022
Bro, you did well.

821 Likes 50 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by funshint(m): 9:48pm On Mar 30, 2022
You weren't matured about this. Since you've already gotten your test result, why still go into control mode by disallowing her from using the rest to buy her dodo? Don't play money games with a woman again, even the one that pretends to be conservative during courtship may change when you marry. You can't know a woman fully until you marry her. Just pray to God to give you plenty money. Besides can't she cook?

438 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by TheOldGods: 9:49pm On Mar 30, 2022
funshint:
You weren't matured about this. Since you've already gotten your test result, why still go into control mode by disallowing her from using the rest to buy her dodo? Don't play money games with a woman again, even the one that pretends to be conservative during courtship may change when you marry. You can't know a woman fully until you marry her. Just pray to God to give you plenty money. Besides can't she cook?
is that so

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by TheOldGods: 9:50pm On Mar 30, 2022
Kingsasian:
Bro, you did well.
it was crazy how she exhausted hers, she didn't even ask me if I wanted something else to complete the money. Such a selfish fellow

435 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Blunttruth: 9:51pm On Mar 30, 2022
TheOldGods:
We have been dating for a while now. Been coming to my house and my parents knows her. Normally she visits and sleeps over and ofcourse because she is my guest ,I'll have to give her food etc.

So today I decided to be different. I told her I was hungry and if she was, ofcourse she hurried and said yes, dresses up and jumped in my lexus. I just smiled, and started the car and we drove to a restaurant.

Before we got down from the car, I told her that I don't want to spend more than 3k on the meal between the both of us, and I told her to handle it, which she said fine, and split the fees to 1500 each. She got her food and a huge chicken which everything was 1500 naira on her end, and I got swallow which was about 1050 naira on my end. And the total money was 2550 naira. Then suddenly my girlfriend told me she also wants plantain, that the money is not yet upto 3k. That it must reach 3k. I was shocked because this was a test, to see if she can help me save money when I tell her let's cut down cost. I thought she would even be happy that she saved me money and now we didn't send upto that 3k. But wow.

The waiter wanted to take the food and add the plantation of 450, but I refused and told her to collect her payment as we were done ordering.

My so called girlfriend then got angry and decided to seat somewhere far away from me, and we didn't see each other till I was done eating, although she waited for me. To my surprise she didn't eat that food, she packaged it back in a takeaway bag, and kept it for me. I asked her why she didn't eat the food she ordered by herself which was already 1500, as we agreed, and she said she won't eat it, and I took the food back. I ate the food myself with the chicken.

Right now, I don't want to take this relationship serious. Did I do the wrong thing by not allowing her spend the remaining money and making it 3k? Which ofcourse was the remaining money from my own food.?

You are the one who spoilt her. You can't make a decision with just one incidence. Keep up the act for like 6 months then you will know whether to take her serious or dump her

251 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 30, 2022
Lol cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by TheOldGods: 9:52pm On Mar 30, 2022
Blunttruth:

You are the one who spoilt her. You can't make a decision with just one incidence. Keep up the act for like 6 months then you will know whether to take her serious or dump her

6 months is too long. Would have wasted my time trying to figure out if she is the right one or not.

155 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Breadandpeppers(f): 9:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
What's all these self? grin

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Premiumwriter: 9:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
Why not sit her down and talk instead of all these tests.

If you want to start cutting cost. Tell her straight.

Seriously, I don't understand all these testing of a thing.

Even Jesus say do not tempt the lord your God.

Talk more of you testing another person. And you are just going to judge her by just one act?

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Cutehector(m): 9:53pm On Mar 30, 2022
Woman willl make you run mad. It is up to you to decide if you want to die early or die at your destined time.

182 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by TheOldGods: 9:54pm On Mar 30, 2022
Premiumwriter:
Why not sit her down and talk instead of all these tests.

If you want to start cutting cost. Tell her straight.

Seriously, I don't understand all these testing of a thing.

Even Jesus say do not tempt the lord your God.

Talk more of you testing another person. And you are just going to judge her by just one act?

not just one act, she is always looking for ways to blackmail me

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by stixxy(m): 9:56pm On Mar 30, 2022
Hungry girls dey everywhere now. Shame no dey catch them. Be careful what you call GF bros. You did the right thing

176 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Blunttruth: 9:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
TheOldGods:
6 months is too long. Would have wasted my time trying to figure out if she is the right one or not.
then put her through a series of tests. Spread it out. Don't take a decision on Just one incident. Except you have your eyes elseWhere and you are looking for someone to validate your decision to let her go.

24 Likes

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by OscarJaden(m): 9:57pm On Mar 30, 2022
An average Nigerian girl will fail you anyday anytime

Know this and know peace

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by CANDYDADDY(m): 9:59pm On Mar 30, 2022

op you deserve an EGO award

you did well

Any girl that add nothing to your life but always want to drain your pocket with their entitlement mentality and liability need to be ditched without a remorse

90 percent of Nigerian girl have the vampire mentality of draining your pocket till you get dried, break and dump your sorry ass

op forget not that there's plenty of fish in the ocean, and don't listen to those SIMPle white knight up there claiming you are at fault

139 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Demigod22: 10:03pm On Mar 30, 2022
This is really funny, both of you are just funny. Since you budgeted 3k for the whole food and you have ordered your own and it's okay for you, you should have allowed her use the remaining balance, at least, you have gotten the result of your test.

Sincerely, I don't have problem spending my money on my girlfriend, that's if she is worth it. If your girlfriend is worth it, no need for the whole test. When you need her to be financially wise, you discuss with her, not testing her.

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Animegirl(f): 10:04pm On Mar 30, 2022
cheesy

Men with their Yeye way of testing a lady. I don't see any wrong in what your girl did na.

I mean if you have the money, why not spend it? Life isnt that deep abeg. Nigerian men should actually calm down.

See how you made her the wicked person here because she refused to eat your 1500 food.

Reason why most of you have failed relationship/marriage. Small issue both of you can resolve, know her reason and let her know yours, instead you turned it to Russia and Ukraine war.

Just say you want a new girl and move with your wahala.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by TheOldGods: 10:05pm On Mar 30, 2022
Demigod22:
This is really funny, both of you are just funny. Since you budgeted 3k for the whole food and you have ordered your own and it's okay for you, you should have allowed her use the remaining balance, at least, you have gotten the result of your test.

Sincerely, I don't have problem spending my money on my girlfriend, that's if she is worth it. If your girlfriend is worth it, no need for the whole test. When you need her to be financially wise, you discuss with her, not testing her.
that I budgeted 3k does not mean I really want to spend it all. It only means like if we really have to go beyond then 3k is limit, that doesn't mean we can't save money? If the food doesn't add up to 3k

155 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Daytrader1: 10:05pm On Mar 30, 2022
TheOldGods:

Before we got down from the car, I told her that I don't want to spend more than 3k on the meal between the both of us, and I told her to handle it, which she said fine, and split the fees to 1500 each. She got her food and a huge chicken which everything was 1500 naira on her end, and I got swallow which was about 1050 naira on my end. And the total money was 2550 naira. Then suddenly my girlfriend told me she also wants plantain, that the money is not yet upto 3k. That it must reach 3k. I was shocked because, if we were married then she can't help me save money when I tell her let's cut down cost. I thought she would even be happy that she saved me money and now we didn't send upto that 3k. But wow.

you are wise, tell her she's not worth it

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Exkandayee(m): 10:06pm On Mar 30, 2022
If you check now na broke girl,some guys deh try date broke girls cos of pussy,

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Kingnelson9: 10:09pm On Mar 30, 2022
She f**ked up...

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by dnawah(m): 10:11pm On Mar 30, 2022
TheOldGods:

run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!����

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by nerdfrost(m): 10:17pm On Mar 30, 2022
Bro you did well

She should stick to an agreement

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by rickleye: 10:19pm On Mar 30, 2022
TheOldGods:

In my eyes you both acted immaturely
1. You had a budget of N3000 ( You said not more than N3000) - So when the food was ordered it was less than N450 she wanted plantain. Let her have the damn plantain. !!!
2. Because she didn't get what she wanted she takes the food , doesn't eat it and in addition moves away from you ( Is she 16 ? ) I mean common.
3. You too vex and then apart from your food, you ate hers as well. So at the end you consumed 2600N all by yourself which is more than you had agreed upon.

There has to be more than binds you together than this episode if you really love her.
Talk to her that you find her behaviour childish that because the food was under the budget did not mean we should spend it all. We could have used the remaining money for something else. You will however find in relationships there are some battles you avoid to win the war. If you want to have whoopie, let her have the damn plantain because she will pay with copulation later on. Its give and take later on.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2022
OP...
I salute you for this action...
That girl is a very selfish, greedy and manipulative fellow undecided...
I would break up with her if I were in your shoes undecided...

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Animegirl(f): 10:24pm On Mar 30, 2022
Favfables1:
OP...
I salute you for this action...
That girl is a very selfish, greedy and manipulative fellow undecided...
I would break up with her if I were in your shoes undecided...
Exkandayee:
If you check now na broke girl,some guys deh try date broke girls cos of pussy,

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Demigod22: 10:34pm On Mar 30, 2022
TheOldGods:
that I budgeted 3k does not mean I really want to spend it all. It only means like if we really have to go beyond then 3k is limit, that doesn't mean we can't save money? If the food doesn't add up to 3k

Well, if she is worth it, just discuss with her, if she is willing to change.

1 Like

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Kingsasian(m): 10:39pm On Mar 30, 2022
TheOldGods:
it was crazy how she exhausted hers, she didn't even ask me if I wanted something else to complete the money. Such a selfish fellow
such a lady is a liability. She doesn't know how hard money comes. I think she is just with you for the fun of dating

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 30, 2022
rickleye:

In my eyes you both acted immaturely
1. You had a budget of N3000 ( You said not more than N3000) - So when the food was ordered it was less than N450 she wanted plantain. Let her have the damn plantain. !!!
2. Because she didn't get what she wanted she takes the food , doesn't eat it and in addition moves away from you ( Is she 16 ? ) I mean common.
3. You too vex and then apart from your food, you ate hers as well. So at the end you consumed 2600N all by yourself which is more than you had agreed upon.

There has to be more than binds you together than this episode if you really love her.
Talk to her that you find her behaviour childish that because the food was under the budget did not mean we should spend it all. We could have used the remaining money for something else. You will however find in relationships there are some battles you avoid to win the war. If you want to have whoopie, let her have the damn plantain because she will pay with copulation later on. Its give and take later on.

The girl acted immaturely here chief, not the OP...
1. Did you also read the part where SHE split the cash to 1,500 each? undecided...

And even if she wanted the plantain, couldn't she atleast have asked first, whether or not the OP had plans to buy something else with his own share of the money? What sort of greedy and selfish attitude is that?

2. Honestly....
This your question is valid undecided..

3. Did you read the part where OP said that she didn't eat the food, but rather kept it for him? So what was he supposed to do with the food in other not to break the "agreement"? Throw the food away?

And what do you mean by "pay with copulation"? Is she a who.r.e that sells sex for a plate plantain? What sort of thinking is this?!

164 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by jumper524(m): 10:42pm On Mar 30, 2022
You should try to correct her.
Watch if she takes correction.
Trust me, you'll love a bad person who takes correction that a good person who takes none at all.
See if she's the type that takes correction at first.

34 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

He Bought Her A Range Rover Sports And Dumped Her On Valentine Day / He’s Taken! Lady Wields Gun In Pre-Wedding Photos / Lady Shares Photos Of Her 11 Ex-Boyfriends Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.