Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,750 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics (32634 Views)

3 Dead As Youths Clash With Police In Anambra (Pics, Video) / Emoney Receives Senator Ekwunife In His Palatial Home In Anambra: Pics & Video / Obiano Defies Rainfall To Inspect Road Projects In Anambra (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by ablejesus26(m): 10:03pm On Jun 17, 2023
Karlman:

There is no mental recourse to be sought when empirical evidences permeate the entire forum.
I have been in this forum for years and have seen it all here and will not mince words in stating the fact and will not be cajoled into understating the fact to sound politically correct!

Do You also need a list of bigots using monikers claiming Igbo, Hausa, Ss here to shame themselves doing senseless tribal shenanigans?

There are bigots in every tribe, there's nothing like political correctness to this reality, if Your mind does not pally with this, You should really try out my suggested mental recourse.

Having a mental recourse is not a bad thing, one who has set His heart to having good mental health should see it as a routine SOP for His journey in life.

1 Like

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by NovusHomo(m): 10:03pm On Jun 17, 2023
fortunechy:
500k Yorubas in Anambra alone living peaceful but they won't allow Igbos in Lagos to have peace.... The earlier we go our separate ways the better for us. Let's stop deceiving ourselves.

Y'all tried it once (1967-1970). You ended up sending "Colonel" Phillip Effiong to beg so Nigeria could take you back. That was after "General" "Eze Gbugburu" had fled to Gabon. I'm not sure you want to live that experience again

4 Likes

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by luluman: 10:47pm On Jun 17, 2023
kcnwaigbo:
500,000 Yorubas live in Anambra state unmolested yet Osun and Ekiti state indigenes will never stop blabbing about hosting igbos.
Thats because the yiebos cannot respect our land and culture as we do theirs.We never called your land No man's land.

5 Likes

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by Dotherightthing: 10:51pm On Jun 17, 2023
wman:
Nigerians have a thing for exaggerating population and figures. They can never be up to 500,000 in Anambra.

Even 50,000 is HIGHLY UNLIKELY!!! angry

5,000 is more like it cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by Niwdog(m): 11:17pm On Jun 17, 2023
garykoeman:
Population of Yoruba in Anambra 500,000 and still Tinubu scored 5,000 votes.
And you are telling us The presidential election was not rigged in the Southeast.
population of Igbos in anambra almost 5millon
And obi scored only 500k votes
Make una Dey think before una type Gibberish

2 Likes

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by SMARTgurUxxxxxxx(m): 11:28pm On Jun 17, 2023
Is there another Anambra state? sad

3 Likes

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by kcnwaigbo: 11:58pm On Jun 17, 2023
luluman:
Thats because the yiebos cannot respect our land and culture as we do theirs.We never called your land No man's land.
If you don't show when igbos called Lagos a no man's land, Ogun will kill you

1 Like

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by yom2(m): 12:11am On Jun 18, 2023
waynetee:
They don bribe one yoruba or one okoro don change hin name to yoruba name.

Yorubas still have more people, companies and some good properties in portharcourt than they have in the the whole of SE and they are not planning coup on anybody. 500k my foot
who owns port Harcourt?
Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by Nobody: 12:18am On Jun 18, 2023
paramakina202:

Do you know how many Yoruba civil engineers,bricklayers,massons that based in Igbo villages building houses?

None.

We don’t go over there, there are cannibals over there, y’all butcher and roast each other like suya over there.

3 Likes

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by dreamxhaser: 1:01am On Jun 18, 2023
ba7man:
I have been to the southeast well (Owerri, Awka, Unuahia, Enugu, Onitsha and stayed for weeks at a stretch). The way they react at seeing I'm Yoruba shows that they don't run into us regularly.

The day I wanted to alight from a bus and I said "Owa" , the way they all fell silent, turned to look at me, I felt weird instantly.

The fact that they meet me first time and start speaking Igbo to me straight away also shows they're not used to outsiders.

You can't rewrite the truth with lies.

Omo, so places like this dey naija.

Now i know why kaduna is called the libral state. In kaduna, you will see boths igbos and yorubas tire. I mean you cant walk five steps without bashing into any.

2 Likes

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by Sunrise258: 1:20am On Jun 18, 2023
kcnwaigbo:
500,000 Yorubas live in Anambra state unmolested yet Osun and Ekiti state indigenes will never stop blabbing about hosting igbos.

If over 500k Yorubas live in Anambra, how many Igbo are in Anambra?! That figure was massively inflated just to make Igbo feel important.

5 Likes

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by MySolace: 9:16am On Jun 18, 2023
tollyboy5:
Wetin man dey find 4 anambra?

Just imaging IPOB catch you and noticed you're yoruba. Omo!

Anything beyond SW, Middle belt and South South is a NO for me.

Modified:
Alot of mentions, i actually excluded the core north and south east not because of bigotry, Its base on stories of kidnap and some unimaginable form of robbery together with the little headline i do see. One soldier guy i met recently who is from the east but his parent lived in delta state narrate some robbery accident he has encountered coming back from onisha.

We also talked about the boko haram issue in the north. Pesin cannot express his mind again some people will turn it to tribal stuff.. Ok i now know that a lot of yorubas lived in the east.

Funny enough during the time we do see headline about ipob in the east, I know an igbo ladies that took flight to school. So how do you expect me to judge security in the east after all this signs? sad
Lol...

My brother, I stand to tell u I've never witnessed a conflict between Yorubas and igbós in d southeast. Such conflict only comes from d West, and I still don't know why. I'm mostly thinking it's envy coming from Western brothers having seen who igbós control in dia vicinity. Yorubas in d southEast probably dont see there as their home, thats probably why u hardly see a tangible establishment owned by a Yoruba in southeast. But not same in Yoruba land. Igbós buy and build several structures, establishments over there. Don't u think so?
Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by vannessa7(f): 9:40am On Jun 18, 2023
post=123848465:
When a Southern Kaduna man was praising indomitable spirit of Igbos for building Onitsha metropolis from scratch after the civil war ended with all the marginalization and denying Igbos almost everything, he was using it as a case study, asking his people to emulate Igbos, one sadist from west got upset then open a thread asking why Igbos left Onitsha and came to Southwest, such a shallow mind even his bigot brothers even encouraging him instead of educating the empty brain, they were all swimming in ignorance, please what do you say to this Yorubas that left Lagos and now in Anambra state

The Oba said

"Most of us have resided in Anambra State for the past 20 years since relocating from Lagos, and we have never witnessed or experienced any Yoruba-Igbo conflict fueled by hatred.”

Cc
EmperorHadrian2

As a Yoruba person I'm really happy to read this if it's true but one thing I want to point out to you is that those Yorubas living in Anambra will never go against the people or government of that state, I'm very sure most of them voted Peter Obi out of love and submission to their host, they don't call Anambra no man's land neither do they go online to insult all the leaders and people of Anambra to their unborn generation with curses too, I know because if they do all these igbos will not tolerate them nor allow them among them, Yorubas are generally peaceful and that's what you see in those people in Anambra but we also love courtesy, manners, respect just as we give to you, that's why Igbos in the south west are having issues here because they have not learnt to respect their host and stay within their limits in south west, they want to recolonise us if possible because they see our laid back attitude not knowing that is just a mask for top intelligence and values.

8 Likes

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by MySolace: 9:45am On Jun 18, 2023
inoki247:
Lol 😂😂 500k Yorubas in Anambra and none was able to come out to Vote Atiku or Tinubu...

if we are to follow this statistics that means other tribe were never allowed to vote in ur state buh nobody's making Noise Abt it cos you can't tell me dere is 500k Yoruba in Anambra and they also face the same place as you...

Make una continue with una Propaganda Yorubas wey dey the whole SE sef no fit reach 300k...

Maybe is time Yoruba too contest In the SE since they've the numbers 500k Soludo didn't score up to 500k to become the Governor....

And the last I checked you guys said all the Yoruba in SE are selling agbo so which one be all this Civil servant, Lecturer story again...
U will know d difference wen u make a move. Wen u come to East, u would realize u've been made to believe so many lies...

Yorubas are peacefully living in d East.
But any Yoruba, after staying in Anambra, and knowing d personality of Peter Obi and voted against him, den u're just a tribal bigot. D difference is clear.

Yorubas are gud in tailoring down in d East. Native wears. Dia ladies sell agbo.
Dey ain't too prominent shaa, but dem dey.
Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by vannessa7(f): 9:49am On Jun 18, 2023
Shikena:

Without taking sides in this matter, as someone that served in Anambra I can boldly say that the 500k figure is a big fat lie.

Ushe. Shukudi, Shioma and Shinedu that relocated from Mushin are only Yorubas in mannerism, not by ancestry.

Lol 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by inoki247: 9:50am On Jun 18, 2023
MySolace:

U will know d difference wen u make a move. Wen u come to East, u would realize u've been made to believe so many lies...

Yorubas are peacefully living in d East.
But any Yoruba, after staying in Anambra, and knowing d personality of Peter Obi and voted against him, den u're just a tribal bigot. D difference is clear.

Yorubas are gud in tailoring down in d East. Native wears. Dia ladies sell agbo.
Dey ain't too prominent shaa, but dem dey.

So 500k people are all selling agbo and doing Tailor what's now with the Lecturer and Civil servant bull and crap I didn't see anything like agbo seller and Tailor in the News...

Is easy for u guys to tag others as agbo seller and not see yourself as Bigot buh when others come for u tears everywhere and be saying they're bigot...

5 Likes

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by MySolace: 9:53am On Jun 18, 2023
EmperorHadrian2:

Nobody has a problem with you residing in Lagos and going about your legitimate business.

The problem began the moment you opened your untrained mouth and started spewing trash that Lagos is no man's land and that you own it on the false claims you developed it

Mention one non Igbo or even non Anambra Igbo man that said Anambra is no man's land .

Why would someone say such a thing if his existence has not been threatened? (@ Lagos is no man's land) If d person is mad, den, d people who take d statement serious are more mad. But if d person da made d statement is same, den, there certainly came a trigger.

Think, den, reply me.
Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by vannessa7(f): 10:18am On Jun 18, 2023
MySolace:

Lol...

My brother, I stand to tell u I've never witnessed a conflict between Yorubas and igbós in d southeast. Such conflict only comes from d West, and I still don't know why. [b]I'm mostly thinking it's envy coming from Western brothers having seen [/b]who igbós control in dia vicinity. Yorubas in d southEast probably dont see there as their home, thats probably why u hardly see a tangible establishment owned by a Yoruba in southeast. But not same in Yoruba land. Igbós buy and build several structures, establishments over there. Don't u think so?

You people talk of this envy thing all the time judging Yoruba with your cultural yardstick, if Yoruba envy igbos it will be obvious by now because we will start emulating and competing with you, you people love buying and selling while Yorubas love education or skill learning, that is not to say there are no Yoruba trader or igbos learning skills or getting educated but we all know what each tribe major in. Actually the reverse is the case because it's the igbo that just realise that there is wisdom in what Yorubas are known for which is education and you people started enrolling in schools but you cannot see Yorubas massively abandoning school or apprenticeship for buying and selling even though we see igbos daily in their shops, this is because we know that what you have in your brain can give you money without you having to spend any money, but a trader needs lots of money to stock his shop in order to see an appreciable profit, thus the drive to crime, drug pushing, scamming etc so rampant among igbos, Yorubas have learnt that you can save ten naira consistently and become a millionaire with planning and growth along the line, our home grown self confidence made us to be like the proverbial cock, "proud on its dunghill" even when we don't have a dime we know we are worth more than money and material things and thats why creativity flows in many of us. I have noticed most Yorubas eventually makes it in life, even those without any education. Make it quick syndrome is not part of our beliefs.

8 Likes

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 18, 2023
Karlman:

Another fool on the loose!

Your dad? Pls quickly chain him before you lose track of him. Maybe he went on the loose cos he's tired of your waking him with kicks and slaps.

1 Like

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by tollyboy5(m): 10:49am On Jun 18, 2023
MySolace:

Lol...

My brother, I stand to tell u I've never witnessed a conflict between Yoruba and igbós in d southeast. Such conflict only comes from d West, and I still don't know why. I'm mostly thinking it's envy coming from Western brothers having seen who igbós control in dia vicinity. Yorubas in d south East probably don't see there as their home, thats probably why u hardly see a tangible establishment owned by a Yoruba in southeast. But not same in Yoruba land. Igbós buy and build several structures, establishments over there. Don't u think so?
Igbo here insult the natives. when i was in secondary school, I went to purchase electronics from alaba market to design a circuit, the well respected elderly while explaining the component inner circuitry, we were talking and not knowing i'm yoruba and a native of Lagos made some boastful comment on how they igbos are the enlightened ones and came to Lagos to show we lagosians the way. Imagine! someone who left his village down to Lagos! he said yorubas and aboki are the same and act same.

anyone who pretend not to know the overbearing attitude of igbos is Lagos is just doing so because such person is not directly affected. I live in ojo and i understand why its only igbos that do have issues with Yoruba.

Only we the more enlightened generation are able to fix this issues to an high extent. Yoruba and other tribe respect themselves better in another land base on what ive noticed.

On nairaland i don't indulge in bigotry even tho ive experienced a lot here in my state Lagos from people who came here to hustle lol. One of my friend who's family ran away from north down to settle down in Lagos. After we all finish secondary school i use to go to his place, in fact me and his younger sis are cool, until one faithful day during the time biafra news was everywhere i went to see my friend and he kicked me out of the compound saying "Get out, yoruba man, una no wan give us biafra". Thats where our friendship ended lol.

In my own state. He was so lucky that its not my hometown Epe he displayed such madness. As much as i'm cool with everyone i dont tolerate nonsense from igbos because im sure yorubas who live in the east will not kick an anambra native out of their premises and still walk around safely in the state.

3 Likes

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by Babaibe: 11:01am On Jun 18, 2023
if you have 500000 Yoruba in Anambra and Tinubu had less than 1% during the presidential election.The accusation and investigation on voters suppression should begin from here. I maintained my stand Peter Obi is a thief. An election rigger.

1 Like

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by tollyboy5(m): 11:11am On Jun 18, 2023
vannessa7:

You people talk of this envy thing all the time judging Yoruba with your cultural yardstick, if Yoruba envy igbos it will be obvious by now because we will start emulating and competing with you, you people love buying and selling while Yorubas love education or skill learning, that is not to say there are no Yoruba trader or igbos learning skills or getting educated but we all know what each tribe major in. Actually the reverse is the case because it's the igbo that just realise that there is wisdom in what Yorubas are known for which is education and you people started enrolling in schools but you cannot see Yorubas massively abandoning school or apprenticeship for buying and selling even though we see igbos daily in their shops, this is because we know that what you have in your brain can give you money without you having to spend any money, but a trader needs lots of money to stock his shop in order to see an appreciable profit, thus the drive to crime, drug pushing, scamming etc so rampant among igbos, Yorubas have learnt that you can save ten naira consistently and become a millionaire with planning and growth along the line, our home grown self confidence made us to be like the proverbial cock, "proud on its dunghill" even when we don't have a dime we know we are worth more than money and material things and thats why creativity flows in many of us. I have noticed most Yorubas eventually makes it in life, even those without any education. Make it quick syndrome is not part of our beliefs.
The problem is igbos use to think they're more successful than we lagosians. They use us as yardstick to measure their success. Who cares tho?
I'm very sure the entire southeast is not as wealthy as the entire ijebu kindom population if we exclude the state division that put large number of ijebus to lagos axis.

2 Likes

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by Shikini: 11:13am On Jun 18, 2023
Wow ...
Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by sapientia1(m): 11:20am On Jun 18, 2023
post=123848247:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/yoruba-community-in-anambra-debunks-rumours-of-ethnic-conflict/%3famp
Wow...that's quite a lot. Probably 10-15% of the state population. I doubt the figures anyways.
Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by emperor863(m): 11:22am On Jun 18, 2023
Any Yoruba caught, killed and eaten in Anambra state has his/her blood on him/herself. There is nothing any sensible Yoruba will be doing in the terrorist enclave.

The Yoruba there must be criminals themselves because like attracts like.

Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by lawani: 11:25am On Jun 18, 2023
In west Africa, there is practically no barrier against migration. An Igbo woman I met in Lagos told me there may be more Hausas in Enugu than Igbos. A Maiduguri Arab man in Lagos told me there are more Yorubas in Maiduguri than Igbos. I met a Yoruba man based in Kaduna who was PDP chairman of his LG. The report of 500k Yorubas in Anambra is probably correct. Artisans, bank workers, federal civil servants, produce buyers, professionals and traders will be up to that number. There are some occupations controlled by Yorubas in the east as well as some controlled by Hausas. The same for Igbos in the west. Then there are many Yoruba women married to Igbos living in Anambra. Someone said majority of taxi drivers in Onitsha are Yoruba. I know that in PH, almost half might be Yoruba etc as I have lived in PH. The estimate may therefore be correct.

1 Like

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by abuzz33: 11:42am On Jun 18, 2023
Dotherightthing:

Even 50,000 is HIGHLY UNLIKELY!!! angry

5,000 is more like it cheesy

500,000 is roughly 10-15% of the population meaning every 10 people you see 1 is a yoruba. Definitely cannot be. If you say 500,000 non-Igbos in Anambra yes. Yorubas make up probably 20% of that number or around 100,000. Largest number non-Igbos are the northerners.

1 Like

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by vannessa7(f): 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2023
tollyboy5:

The problem is igbos use to think they're more successful than we lagosians. They use us as yardstick to measure their success. Who cares tho?
I'm very sure the entire southeast is not as wealthy as the entire ijebu kindom population if we exclude the state division that put large number of ijebus to lagos axis.

True because I grew up in ijebu ode, and ijebus don't joke with education too, what they don't realise is that a shop that you stock with goods of 5 million naira is nothing compared to a regular salary of 500,000 naira or more which most people command at the height of their career through which you can fund your dreams and business ideas without recourse to crime. Because you wear corporate wear and look ordinary doesn't mean you don't have millions resting in your bank account. To every malam his kettle. They should face their trade while we face our education.

2 Likes

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by georgeakins: 12:26pm On Jun 18, 2023
OdefaGirl:

70 year old man 😁😁... See how you are ridiculing yourself

How old is your father?
Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by MomohMrMoore: 2:16pm On Jun 18, 2023
500k? what are they doing there? Even the Igbo traders themselves have left there for Lagos and all over the country. They only go home during end of year. Where Igbos have left cos of trade wonder what others doing there.
I dont believe the story.

4 Likes

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by JpBiz92: 2:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
vannessa7:

As a Yoruba person I'm really happy to read this if it's true but one thing I want to point out to you is that those Yorubas living in Anambra will never go against the people or government of that state, I'm very sure most of them voted Peter Obi out of love and submission to their host, they don't call Anambra no man's land neither do they go online to insult all the leaders and people of Anambra to their unborn generation with curses too, I know because if they do all these igbos will not tolerate them nor allow them among them, Yorubas are generally peaceful and that's what you see in those people in Anambra but we also love courtesy, manners, respect just as we give to you, that's why Igbos in the south west are having issues here because they have not learnt to respect their host and stay within their limits in south west, they want to recolonise us if possible because they see our laid back attitude not knowing that is just a mask for top intelligence and values.
Please show me a speech by any prominent igbo man or woman residing in lagos calling Lagos a no man's land. Please show me where igbos are threatening Yorubas in lagos or destroying lives and properties because of election. Please show me link of any secret meeting by Igbos discussing how to take over Lagos either religiously or politically. If you cannot show me any of the above, then you're really mentally challenged like most of your people. If all these rubbish you guys are saying are based on social media, then I can boldly tell you that Yorubas in the east deserved to be lynched and killed because you guys have made many unprintable comments against Igbos and their land on social media. Has any eze Ndi igbo in lagos tried to overthrow a Yoruba Oba?.

Where are the proofs of Igbos disrespecting their hosts if not on social media.... Answer me!

1 Like

Re: Over 500k Yorubas in Anambra state says Oba of Yoruba community in Anambra (pics by Donykua: 2:25pm On Jun 18, 2023
Common sense is not common! 500k or50? What's is the population of the people, living in Anambra, as at today? grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Senate Begins Investigation Of Dino Melaye Over Alleged Certificate Scandal / Reformed APC’ Names Leaders (SEE LIST) / What Exactly Did The Electoral-Act-2022 Say About The Election Results.??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.