Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo (59357 Views)

The Person Who Rigged 2003 Election For Tinubu Has Confessed To Me - Obasanjo / Obasanjo: What Boko Haram Members Told Me When We Met In 2011 / Boko Haram Leaders Have Relocated To Southern Kaduna From Sambisa: SSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by Lutherblaq: 6:05pm On Jun 17, 2023
Former Nigeria president, Olusegun Obasanjo, has claimed that the founders of Boko Haram told him that poverty and unemployment drove them into insurgency.

Obasanjo also warned that the 20 million out-of-school children in the country were a breeding ground for more “Boko Haram members of the future”.

He stated these while speaking at the launch of a book titled, ‘Pillars of Statecraft: Nation- building in a changing world’ written by his daughter, Dr Kofo Obasanjo-Blackshire, in Lagos.

“During the early days of Boko Haram, when the man who started the movement was said to have been killed, I said I wanted to meet with the members of the group to talk to them and know what they wanted.

“I met with their representatives and found out that they needed nothing but a better life for themselves. Can we blame them for wanting a better life for themselves?

“They said they believed in Sharia Law. I told them that Sharia was not a problem in Nigeria. It is part of our constitution
,” Obasanjo said.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/06/17/obasanjo-reveals-what-boko-haram-leaders-told-him/

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by Lutherblaq: 6:06pm On Jun 17, 2023
cheesy
one of the best president that has ever rule nigeria, i hail You the Tsunami Himself

289 Likes 16 Shares

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by alanto: 7:00pm On Jun 17, 2023
So how did he handle the situation. What did he do to better their lives?

Modified:
To all of you quoting. So he ended their suffering and GEJ stopped whatever aid he had planned for them?

108 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by Heroicvic(m): 7:32pm On Jun 17, 2023
Former Nigeria president, Olusegun Obasanjo, has claimed that the founders of Boko Haram told him that poverty and unemployment drove them into insurgency.

Do whatever you want to survive but don't take a man's life and call it grace

I don't think the problem is poverty and unemployment
It's more of religious issue, have you been to ebonyi, osun, ekiti, etc? All these state are extremely poor......

But they embrace education, the north need to learn

Truth is you hardly see a Christian terrorist... Whatever that means.....

215 Likes 19 Shares

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by Nonybb: 7:32pm On Jun 17, 2023
Obasanjo is like darkness and light. This is a man that chose a Niger Deltan, GEJ, to succeed him, ignoring all the Igbo candidates but has now turned to promote Peter Obi

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by densiks: 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2023
The third term nigga

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by irepnaija4eva(m): 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2023
Yeah.. After you killed their leader..
And Everything never remained the same..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by Kaybaba5(m): 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2023
Baba Agba.......

3 Likes

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by nairalanda1(m): 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2023
Yeah, and that is where one has to blame governors of north for doing nothing much about poverty.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by Macdeey: 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2023
cool
Baba still looking for RELEVANCE !
grin grin grin
For this new government!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by ArewaNightmare: 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2023
grin
Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by LUGBE: 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2023
Space
Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by Agbadocassava: 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2023
This Igbo man again, I discovered Igbos are good at letter writing no wonder Obasanjo can write for Africa.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by mylikes: 7:34pm On Jun 17, 2023
You did contribute your quota to our problems.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by Heroicvic(m): 7:34pm On Jun 17, 2023
Lutherblaq:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/06/17/obasanjo-reveals-what-boko-haram-leaders-told-him/

Na now you come dey tell us ?
What did you do to avert the incoming doom
Politicians ehn😏

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by Och77(m): 7:34pm On Jun 17, 2023
So what did you do to stem their progression ? Anything devoid of that answer is like you are just talking for talking sake.

3 Likes

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by Gbemini(m): 7:34pm On Jun 17, 2023
Baba go and sit down jare... All we know now is a true son of the soil which is tinubu.... Hiss

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by atobs4real(m): 7:34pm On Jun 17, 2023
Baba's effect is also a contributor to the poverty state of our country

13 Likes

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by zoer(m): 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2023
PDP gave Nigerians the best presidents....

APC gave Nigerians the best fantastic corrupt presidents....

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by TriCee: 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2023
But Boko boys don rest sha. They've not been making news again.
I hope the peace sustains.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by atobs4real(m): 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2023
Baba's effect is also a contributor to the poverty state of our country
Baba should tell them that he also contribute to it
Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by oluwaseyi0: 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2023
rubbish

they want a better life by kidnapping and forcefully marring off other people children

what type of self-deceit is that

islam extremism is a huge security rist to the entire world, world leaders should stop sugarcoating it

is it also want to better life that make islamic immigrant to start murdering their host in France

Islam extremism is a treat to our planet give them the entire country like they have in Iran they will still kill and cry

they are they hell we all imagine exist after death

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by MorataFC: 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2023
Hmmm

“They said they believed in Sharia Law. I told them that Sharia was not a problem in Nigeria. It is part of our constitution,”
How is Sharia Law not a problem? Well, Sharia Law should be applied to Muslims while Christians should be judged by the conventional law.

4 Likes

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by thesicilian: 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2023
It's amazing how our leaders leave office and become fountains of wisdom and ideas. As if they were never part of the problem, or were never in a position to correct the issues they're now speaking about today.
Won't be surprised if Buhari starts giving advice tomorrow on how to tackle insurgency/terrorism in Nigeria

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by bigdammyj: 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2023
Okay.
Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by Augustenite(m): 7:35pm On Jun 17, 2023
Baba iyabo should go and sleep. Who e advise help? He was part of the people that deceived Obigos. And Obigos con dey feel like superman.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by Amforeal: 7:36pm On Jun 17, 2023
Who else noticed that the details is not complete?

3 Likes

Re: What Boko Haram Leaders Told Me - Obasanjo by ajadematanle: 7:36pm On Jun 17, 2023
How many of those 20million out of school did he brought back to school or out of poverty.Very Self centred

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldiers In Show Of Super Human Strength At An Event (Photos) / We Beat Ekweremadu And He's In Shock - IPOB Man Brags In Front Of German Police / Tinubu Begins Distribution Of Rice To Kano Residents (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.