Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,092 members, 7,811,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba (4055 Views)

South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. / 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi / 2023: Debunking The Propaganda That A Southern Candidate Will Lose In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by KingOfIsoko1: 10:46am On Jun 18, 2023
My name is Ovie , I am from Isoko South of Delta State for security reasons I wouldn’t state my home town.

As a Southern ethnic minority, I don’t understand why the two dominant tribes of the South are always at each others neck.

This is not ordinary, there is a spiritual undertone to this because this two tribes are actually the most productive in other fields aside Agriculture and I don’t see why they can’t stop fighting each other.

I am King of Isoko and I stand for Equity.

NB: We Isoko people na we fight intra-tribal war pass any other ethnic group for the whole Delta, incase you wan troll me.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by BloomingDale(f): 10:57am On Jun 18, 2023

1 Like

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by helinues: 11:09am On Jun 18, 2023
Yoruba and Igbo don't get along politically but are good friends in other aspects.

The mutual respect about other's beliefs is what is causing the issue politically

We are not raised from the same background so it's logical not to support everything but that doesn't make us an enemy.

As long as others beliefs/supports can be respected without lording their ideas on us, there might be some consideration if not na for the status quo to remain

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Mystic216: 11:14am On Jun 18, 2023
It’s because the Yorubas feel they can intimidate everyone else and stand as the king of the southern Nigeria

Little did they know that Igbo enwe eze

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by stephenonyx(m): 11:15am On Jun 18, 2023
God is watching
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by KingOfIsoko1: 11:15am On Jun 18, 2023
helinues:
Yoruba and Igbo don't get along politically but are good friends in other aspects.

The mutual respect about other's beliefs is what is causing the issue politically

We are not raised from the same background so it's logical not to support everything but that doesn't make us an enemy.

As long as others beliefs/supports can be respected without lording their ideas on us, there might be some consideration if not na for the status quo to remain
You have no problem bringing up your offspring in such toxic environment of constant bitterness towards each other?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by helinues: 11:19am On Jun 18, 2023
KingOfIsoko1:
You have no problem bringing up your offspring in such toxic environment of constant bitterness towards each other?

Toxic environment , bitterness at where? Tell me which other regions in Nigeria SW have issue with politically in Nigeria, we get along with everyone except SE

Na which region SE no get issue with for Nigeria? Their acclaimed neighbor SS, no be Yari their Senators voted for for Senate President position instead of Akpabio.

We are only defending and correcting their excesses.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by KingOfIsoko1: 11:39am On Jun 18, 2023
helinues:

Toxic environment , bitterness at where? Tell me which other regions in Nigeria SW have issue with politically in Nigeria, we get along with everyone except SE

Na which region SE no get issue with for Nigeria? Their acclaimed neighbor SS, no be Yari their Senators voted for for Senate President position instead of Akpabio.

We are only defending and correcting their excesses.
elections is by conviction, was it all Hausa people that voted Yari? you alws like making the Igbo your scape , alws picking on each other

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 18, 2023
You are igbo, why do you people always pretend to be someone else, be PROUD OF YOUR HERITAGE omo eru.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 18, 2023
You want this thing to end, then call your people to order. Tell them to stop being jealous and envious of us. Imagine what is trending on twitter is igbo people angry at us that we speak our language (yoruba) in Lagos and other parts of southwest.

It’s like me going to London and being upset that someone asked me for directions in English because I’m black.

How in the world am I supposed to know you live in the southwest but don’t speak yoruba? It is expected that you learn the language of your hosts.

Too many issues to name, you people should let peace reign but if you give us gbas, we WILL RESPOND WITH GBAS GBOS GBAS. Overkill! We will show no MERCY! So go and set your people straight.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by ItooWorWor(m): 11:49am On Jun 18, 2023
KingOfIsoko1:
My name is Ovie , I am from Isoko South of Delta State for security reasons I wouldn’t state my home town.

As a Southern ethnic minority, I don’t understand why the two dominant tribes of the South are always at each others neck.

This is not ordinary, there is a spiritual undertone to this because this two tribes are actually the most productive in other fields aside Agriculture and I don’t see why they can’t stop fighting each other.

NB: We Isoko people na we fight intra-tribal war pass any other ethnic group for the whole Delta, incase you wan troll me.

Look at this clown who always make anti-yoruba posts.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Tallesty1(m): 11:52am On Jun 18, 2023
helinues:
This is a lie

5 Likes

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by helinues: 11:56am On Jun 18, 2023
Fattesticles:

Oduduwa Boko Haram

I have some questions for you, only if you can respond coherently without repeating your as usual bunkum.

Name one rich man, anywhere in the world including your village who made their money through trolling others.

If their are none, that means all rich men dedicate their time on something productive not futility exercise.

The main question now is, are you waiting for baba alawo to tell you say problem dey?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by helinues: 11:56am On Jun 18, 2023
Tallesty1:
This is a lie

Oya tell me other sector SW and SE don't get along.. Trade, Music, production which?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 11:58am On Jun 18, 2023
KingOfIsoko1:

As a street doctor and one that has tou4ed round, i will start with d following
1. Culture: The two cultures are opposite each other. An Igbo man believes that if u are an elder, u shoupd behave like one or else boys will change it for u. While in yoruba, an elder will misyan/misbehave u still boys according him same respect in regards to d course of what led to d misbehave from d elder.
Igbo man believe so much in himself while yoruba does not.
Yorubas are diplomatic in nature (due to their coward nature), while igbos does not believe in diplomacy, they say it d way it is.
Igbos explore alot while yorubas does not.
yoruba will owe a yoruba, d debtor will still expect d creditor to accord him respect while in igbo land, if u owe me and u no pay me, na fight go settle am.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by helinues: 12:01pm On Jun 18, 2023
Fattesticles:

Why did you choose to be jobless at 47

Only if you can respond coherently without repeating your as usual bunkum

I am not saying in a spam bot response, like normal human being, normal NL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by GeneralPula: 12:07pm On Jun 18, 2023
Mystic216:
It’s because the Yorubas feel they can intimidate everyone else and stand as the king of the southern Nigeria

Little did they know that Igbo enwe eze
Actually, it’s the other way round! Igbos are feeling intimidated by Yoruba and Igbos are seeing Yoruba as king of Southern Nigeria. Why’re they feeling intimidated?

It’s cuz Igbos used to believe they can bend the rest of the south, except Yoruba. This is why they always get bitter with Yoruba. This is why, out of all southern Nigeria, Yoruba nah their headache!

Igbos love to intimidate a lot. And if you’re above what they can intimidate, they’ll have a problem with you! If you do chill with them, you’ll know! Intimidating & bragging, nah their way! Infact, it’s easy to spot Igbos intimidating attitudes - their instinct of always wanting to get a traditional title says it all! Most of them do want this traditional title just to intimidate their fellow Igbos..

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by nazicartel(m): 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2023
KingOfIsoko1:

starting from my nysc. I have been friends with Yorubas. But what I don't understand is why we have never supported one goal. Even before this obi and Tinubu issue. I have never had same political reasonings like my Yoruba friends.
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Blakjewelry(m): 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
KingOfIsoko1:

fighting is good if it is for productivity not hate. As in competition is good long as it is healthy, most of the guys propagating hate among the two tribes are fools who have probably mixed up or move out of his or her enclave.

3 Likes

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Countersam(m): 12:47pm On Jun 18, 2023
Yorubas only like Ibo for their fine girls, apart from that...mchew... you be Omo Ibo🥴🥴

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Oksman(m): 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2023
helinues:

Did your Yoruba brothers not vote for Tambuwal against their sister in the house of representatives? Did Igbos not vote for your brother OBJ against Ojukwu? Did your Yoruba brothers not vote for OBI? Did Igbo not vote for Jonathan? Did northerners nit vote for Enwerem and Okadigbo? You guys are evil trying to use Akpabio issue to create unecessary rift in the south. You comment too much on nairaland and on virtually any topic even the ones you expose your inadequacies, and that's the reason you don't make sense in most of your posts. You guys should look before leaping because silence is golden.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by emorse(m): 12:57pm On Jun 18, 2023
Blakjewelry:
fighting is good if it is for productivity not hate. As in competition is good long as it is healthy, most of the guys propagating hate among the two tribes are fools who have probably mixed up or move out of his or her enclave.
I agree 100%. I have friends and/or acquaintances from the three major tribes and a good number of the minorities. One thing I have realised is that regardless of tribe, religion or any other means of classification, people can be good or bad, kind or cruel, wise or foolish, etc. It appears many of the foolish members of each tribe were given slots to register on nairaland and Twitter. Mumu jam mumu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 1:01pm On Jun 18, 2023
nazicartel:
starting from my nysc. I have been friends with Yorubas. But what I don't understand is why we have never supported one goal. Even before this obi and Tinubu issue. I have never had same political reasonings like my Yoruba friends.
I only hv Seguin and Taiwo as friends bcs they are different from Yoruba mugus wey I dun see for Yoruba land. Even though we are friends, we hv boundary, they dare not cross that boundary.

3 Likes

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2023
GeneralPula:

Actually, it’s the other way round! Igbos are feeling intimidated by Yoruba and Igbos are seeing Yoruba as king of Southern Nigeria. Why’re they feeling intimidated?

It’s cuz Igbos used to believe they can bend the rest of the south, except Yoruba. This is why they always get bitter with Yoruba. This is why, out of all southern Nigeria, Yoruba nah their headache!

Igbos love to intimidate a lot. And if you’re above what they can intimidate, they’ll have a problem with you! If you do chill with them, you’ll know! Intimidating & bragging, nah their way! Infact, it’s easy to spot Igbos intimidating attitudes - their instinct of always wanting to get a traditional title says it all! Most of them do want this traditional title just to intimidate their fellow Igbos..
Outsiders see it as an intimidation while we see it as CONFIDENCE AND BEING COURAGEOUS. An Igbo man can't be intimidated no matter what and condition.

4 Likes

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 1:04pm On Jun 18, 2023
helinues:

Oya tell me other sector SW and SE don't get along.. Trade, Music, production which?
Rest a bit. Yorubas like somebody that has inferior issue. Bcs Yorubas always hv dis complex issue with igbos.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Breaking News - 2 Bus Load Of Chibok Girls Released / Part Of Buhari's Legacy Still Standing The Test Of Time (pictures) / VIEWER'S DISCRETION: Wife Divorced Husband because Of Jonathan TAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.