Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba (4097 Views)

South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. / 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi / 2023: Debunking The Propaganda That A Southern Candidate Will Lose In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by MTNnews: 4:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
You comment seems reason so worthy of a worthy resply.

If Yoruba are even for spelling it to your Igbo face that you igbos vote Yari a Northerners instead of Akpabio a Southerner n a christian what is wrong in that

Did you Igbos have short memories ? Did you not accuse Yorubas n chastise them for vite Buhari instead of Ebele ?

Did Yorubas declared Igbo as evil back then when you pointed it out ? If that is the case why are you in particular an Igbo along with many of your likes with similar now wailing like clowns now that Yoruba are calling you out for voting Yari instead of Akpabio ?

Do igbos own monopoly to Northerners while Yorubas can or you are simply mad n foolish with your silly senseless n pathetic reasoning ?

Oksman:

Did your Yoruba brothers not vote for Tambuwal against their sister in the house of representatives? Did Igbos not vote for your brother OBJ against Ojukwu? Did your Yoruba brothers not vote for OBI? Did Igbo not vote for Jonathan? Did northerners nit vote for Enwerem and Okadigbo? You guys are evil trying to use Akpabio issue to create unecessary rift in the south. You comment too much on nairaland and on virtually any topic even the ones you expose your inadequacies, and that's the reason you don't make sense in most of your posts. You guys should look before leaping because silence is golden.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Ofunaofu: 4:34pm On Jun 18, 2023
JpBiz92:
nothing can unite Nigerians more than IGBO HATRED!
Just hate Igbos and every other Nigerian will love you even when you have committed crimes in the past.

Its just so so bad

Ok allow them secede from Nigeria and have their own country, they still refuse
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 4:48pm On Jun 18, 2023
JpBiz92:
it will never happen
At all at all, not even in d next life
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Occurstaem(m): 4:48pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

EXACTLY, IGBOS NEVER BELIEVED IN PRoPAGANDA. TO DECEIVE AN IGBO MAn TAKES A WHOLE LOTS OF ENERGY BUT TO DECEIVE An AVERAGE YORUBA IS AS SIMPLE AS ABC.
IF An IGBO HEARS AbOUT SOMETHING, D FIRST THING HE WILL DO IS TO QUESTION MOTiVE BEHIND IT BWFORE HE WILL SWALLOW IT BUT IF YoRUBA MAN HEAR SOMETHING, HE BELIEVES AND SWALLOWS IT IMMEDIATELY

LOL.
What you wrote up there ⬆️ is completely the opposite.

2 Likes

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 4:49pm On Jun 18, 2023
JpBiz92:
Just hate Igbos and every other Nigerian will love you even when you have committed crimes in the past.
U know d game jare, all u hv to do is insult or hate Igbos and see every other Nigerians welcoming u like a prince
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 4:51pm On Jun 18, 2023
JpBiz92:
tell us how he tried to dictate.
By choosing to vote for his preferred candidate?
Honestly, I don't just understand how some people reason. How do u think that u can impose ur culture on me. Impose ur greetings style on me, impose ur dressing code on me.
Always feel more decent than others while ur dirty attitude literes everywhere
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 4:54pm On Jun 18, 2023
Occurstaem:

LOL.
What you wrote up there ⬆️ is completely the opposite.
I hv being in dis field for years, it's much easier to device a Yoruba than an Igbo, instead of u to deceive an Igbo man, he will use same avenue to create opportunity for himself.
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 4:55pm On Jun 18, 2023
Jagungidi:

No need for epistles buddy.
Here we go

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2023
seanfer:

Continue with your bragging. Let’s see where it will end.
Whatever and wherever
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2023
obawinner:
cry cheesy
Me a river
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Occurstaem(m): 4:59pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:
In Southern Nigeria, tell a tribe that betrays most, if not Yoruba
Igbos have betrayed Yorubas many times. Had there been any agreement the Yorubas signed with the Igbos and they reneged? The answer is no. Yet the Yorubas have records of Igbo treachery on the two occasions they formed alliance with them.

In 1964 to fight the federal election, the Yorubas formed an Alliance called UPGA with the Igbos to be led by Okpara because major Yoruba leaders were in jail. There was an agreement that the election must be boycotted. The Igbos sabotaged it, went and contested in the election while the Yorubas kept to the agreement.

In 1979, the Yorubas went into alliance with the lgbos and formed PPA - PROGRESSIVE PEOPLE ALLIANCE. Again Igbo sabotaged it so that they can produce Speaker house of Representatives.

Who then is traitor and betrayal?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by hafeeanubasy: 4:59pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

As a street doctor and one that has tou4ed round, i will start with d following
1. Culture: The two cultures are opposite each other. An Igbo man believes that if u are an elder, u shoupd behave like one or else boys will change it for u. While in yoruba, an elder will misyan/misbehave u still boys according him same respect in regards to d course of what led to d misbehave from d elder.
Igbo man believe so much in himself while yoruba does not.
Yorubas are diplomatic in nature (due to their coward nature), while igbos does not believe in diplomacy, they say it d way it is.
Igbos explore alot while yorubas does not.
yoruba will owe a yoruba, d debtor will still expect d creditor to accord him respect while in igbo land, if u owe me and u no pay me, na fight go settle am.
Yorubas are coward?
Someone must be very stupid here...well,its just one of deluded believe you use to normalize your low self esteem!

Diplomacy is not cowardice,its intelligence...na fish brain will lead someone to NZOGBU NZOGBU!.Lets go back in history, how many wars did your Igbo forefathers fight?

Kiriji war,dahomey war,etc...you think a coward can build an empire.You have never heard of Oyo empire before ....name an empire built by your forefathers?
You don't know empire is built with conquest?..the first attempt by you people, your general ran to ivory Coast with his family.

Yorubas respect elders,..why you people disrespect your elders!.simple.

Yorubas don't believe in themselves lol πŸ˜† ...said by a tribe that couldn't even summon courage to face ATIKU and WIKE in PDP primary...or face AKPABIO and YARI in national assembly election πŸ˜†....cowards!

FelaKuti,femi falana,Gani Fawhaemi,wole soyinka, sowore etc mention one person from Igbo land that can match those people courage against government without running to Kenya or ivory Coast!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by hafeeanubasy: 5:03pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

Yes ohhhhhh. Having toured round, I still maintain my stand that Yorubas hv complex issue and that's one of d issue they hv with igbos, Yorubas hv no confidence, boldness, courage to confront issue unless they hv supporters while an Igbo man can say and do whatever he wishes even outside his land
No swag at all,
That is the reason why Peter OBI chickened out of PDP primary after simple intimidation from ordinary wike!

Even kalu chickened out to que behind Lawal πŸ˜†..and he did it again by chickened out to que behind Yari instead of slugging it out with AKPABIO and YARI...he didn't even support Akpabio

Na this MOUTH!..MOUTH!...no action...and GRANDIOSE DELUSION.

Why will Yorubas have complex issue with nonentities.A tribe that blame all their problems on other people mtcheew.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Occurstaem(m): 5:05pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Simple

But Tinubu minions are making it look like there is some kind of war between SE and SS or that the SE is against the SS being Senate president.

We all know their motives

They know that SW was instrumental to Goodluck Jonathan's defeat so right now, to be seen to be making amends for their treacherous act against the entire south, the now bandied this propaganda of the SE not happy about the Senate president is zoned to the SS.

They are seriously working so hard, deploying all kinds of unimaginable propaganda to see that the SE replace the SW as the new enemy of the entire southern Nigeria
Wasn't the SW and Yoruba also instrumental in Goodluck Jonathan's ascent to become the then Acting President and to him winning the presidential election in 2011?

I know you know the truth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by starstaz(m): 5:07pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

As a street doctor and one that has tou4ed round, i will start with d following
1. Culture: The two cultures are opposite each other. An Igbo man believes that if u are an elder, u shoupd behave like one or else boys will change it for u. While in yoruba, an elder will misyan/misbehave u still boys according him same respect in regards to d course of what led to d misbehave from d elder.
Igbo man believe so much in himself while yoruba does not.
Yorubas are diplomatic in nature (due to their coward nature), while igbos does not believe in diplomacy, they say it d way it is.
Igbos explore alot while yorubas does not.
yoruba will owe a yoruba, d debtor will still expect d creditor to accord him respect while in igbo land, if u owe me and u no pay me, na fight go settle am.

Ur bloated ego πŸ‘€ still bring in cowards. Hmmmm. Define the real cowards in the Nigerian space, politically and economically. Yeye

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Occurstaem(m): 5:08pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

Mak I hear u well sir. Igbos can't do business with tribe full of backstabbing and betrayal
No, it's the Igbos who are full of betrayal and backstabbing. That's a fact.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by hafeeanubasy: 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

THEY ALL THOUGHT THAt WE ARE STILL LIVING IN D DARK NOT KNOWING THAT IGBOS HV RESLLY MOVED ON
Move on indeed.

The multiple wailing thread you open on nairaland everyday shows that you have moved on.

I read "we Igbo"nore on nairaland than "we yorubas "
Marginalized Tribe πŸ˜†

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by hafeeanubasy: 5:10pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

D FUNNY THING IS THAT IGBO NO EVEN SEND ORJI KALU SELF
Why are you now wailing

πŸ˜†

Countless of nairaland thread over same topic.
Why are you talking about it πŸ˜†

Igbo and Ego...what is paining you deep inside πŸ˜†

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2023
Occurstaem:

No, it's the Igbos who are full of betrayal and backstabbing. That's a fact.
If igbos are full of betrayal and backstabbing do u think apprenticeship would still be in existence?
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 5:12pm On Jun 18, 2023
starstaz:

Ur bloated ego πŸ‘€ still bring in cowards. Hmmmm. Define the real cowards in the Nigerian space, politically and economically. Yeye
Tell any other definition of cowards when two people decides to confront an issue, next minute d other party chickened out in d name of being diplomatic.
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by hafeeanubasy: 5:13pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

EXACTLY, IGBOS NEVER BELIEVED IN PRoPAGANDA. TO DECEIVE AN IGBO MAn TAKES A WHOLE LOTS OF ENERGY BUT TO DECEIVE An AVERAGE YORUBA IS AS SIMPLE AS ABC.
IF An IGBO HEARS AbOUT SOMETHING, D FIRST THING HE WILL DO IS TO QUESTION MOTiVE BEHIND IT BWFORE HE WILL SWALLOW IT BUT IF YoRUBA MAN HEAR SOMETHING, HE BELIEVES AND SWALLOWS IT IMMEDIATELY
πŸ˜† ....na this self-adulation/self praise that betrays their conduct(A tribe that believed the president is cloned without tangible evidence, A tribe that believe United nations has given Nnamdi kanu biafra just because he snapped picture with a white man πŸ˜†)

That is the way you see yourself ooo

This is the way others see you,To deceive an Igbo man just tell him "YOU ARE THE BEST,YOUR ARE THE GREATEST, YOU ARE THE MOST INTELLIGENT,YOU CAME FROM ISREAL,YOU ARE THE JAPAN OF AFRICA,YOU DEVELOPED LAGOS,ABUJA AND PH,YOU CONTROL NIGERIAN ECONOMY"bla bla ..you have pressed their mumu button. NA reno omokiri and FFK sabi do am well ,they know you are soo egocentric πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by starstaz(m): 5:13pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Simple

But Tinubu minions are making it look like there is some kind of war between SE and SS or that the SE is against the SS being Senate president.

We all know their motives

They know that SW was instrumental to Goodluck Jonathan's defeat so right now, to be seen to be making amends for their treacherous act against the entire south, the now bandied this propaganda of the SE not happy about the Senate president is zoned to the SS.

They are seriously working so hard, deploying all kinds of unimaginable propaganda to see that the SE replace the SW as the new enemy of the entire southern Nigeria

πŸ‘€
Better version and putting the record straight.

SW is instrumental with their loud voice in ensuring Mr Jonathan of SS elevated to acting president when the cabals denied him his right.

Similarly, SW is also instrumental to eject Mr Jonathan of SS from Aso rock when their interest is not well served.

An adage says the man wey do Biro , equally capable to do the eraser.

4 Likes

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by fx45(m): 5:13pm On Jun 18, 2023
GeneralPula:

Actually, it’s the other way round! Igbos are feeling intimidated by Yoruba and Igbos are seeing Yoruba as king of Southern Nigeria. Why’re they feeling intimidated?

It’s cuz Igbos used to believe they can bend the rest of the south, except Yoruba. This is why they always get bitter with Yoruba. This is why, out of all southern Nigeria, Yoruba nah their headache!

Igbos love to intimidate a lot. And if you’re above what they can intimidate, they’ll have a problem with you! If you do chill with them, you’ll know! Intimidating & bragging, nah their way! Infact, it’s easy to spot Igbos intimidating attitudes - their instinct of always wanting to get a traditional title says it all! Most of them do want this traditional title just to intimidate their fellow Igbos..
An Igbo man being intimidated by a Yoruba man In which dreamland does that happen?
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 5:13pm On Jun 18, 2023
Occurstaem:

Igbos have betrayed Yorubas many times. Had there been any agreement the Yorubas signed with the Igbos and they reneged? The answer is no. Yet the Yorubas have records of Igbo treachery on the two occasions they formed alliance with them.

In 1964 to fight the federal election, the Yorubas formed an Alliance called UPGA with the Igbos to be led by Okpara because major Yoruba leaders were in jail. There was an agreement that the election must be boycotted. The Igbos sabotaged it, went and contested in the election while the Yorubas kept to the agreement.

In 1979, the Yorubas went into alliance with the lgbos and formed PPA - PROGRESSIVE PEOPLE ALLIANCE. Again Igbo sabotaged it so that they can produce Speaker house of Representatives.

Who then is traitor and betrayal?
Thanks for taken me back to history, back Aburi Accord, before d war, what happened BTW awolowo and ojukwu
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by hafeeanubasy: 5:14pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:
In Southern Nigeria, tell a tribe that betrays most, if not Yoruba
Betray you on what?

Are you people stupid with this your victim mentality and persecutory delusion?

2 Likes

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 5:14pm On Jun 18, 2023
hafeeanubasy:

Yorubas a coward?
Someone must he very stupid here.
Diplomacy is not cowardice.Lets go back in history, how many wars did you Igbo forefathers fight?

Yorubas respect elders,..why you people disrespect your elders!.simple.

Yorubas don't believe in themselves lol πŸ˜†

Even dem too know say dem bi coward for real life, dis online warrior una dey form dey Mak me laugh
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 5:16pm On Jun 18, 2023
hafeeanubasy:

Betray you on what?

Are you people stupid with this your victim mentality and persecutory delusion?
Whatever hommie
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 5:17pm On Jun 18, 2023
hafeeanubasy:

πŸ˜† ....na this self-adulation that betrays their conduct.
That is the way you see yourself

This is the way others see you,To deceive an Igbo man just tell him "YOU ARE THE BEST,YOUR ARE THE GREATEST, YOU ARE THE MOST INTELLIGENT "bla bla ..you have pressed their mumu button. NA reno omokiri and FFK sabi do am well πŸ˜†
Lolsssssssss, to deceive an Igbo man, u must be bold, confidence and courageous to do that but to deceive Yoruba, u don't need to preach much.
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by hafeeanubasy: 5:18pm On Jun 18, 2023
JpBiz92:

2 Likes

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Occurstaem(m): 5:19pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

If igbos are full of betrayal and backstabbing do u think apprenticeship would still be in existence?
I just gave you instances where Igbos betrayed Yorubas. Not just once, but twice.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by hafeeanubasy: 5:19pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

Lolsssssssss, to deceive an Igbo man, u must be bold, confidence and courageous to do that but to deceive Yoruba, u don't need to preach much.
Yorubas can not be decieved

You Igbo are egocentric..one they massage your ego like this ,your mumu button is pressed πŸ˜†

Whoever that doesn't, YOU HATE THEM!

Check yourself well,you will know that's true

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 5:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
hafeeanubasy:

What are you now wailing

πŸ˜†

Countless of nairaland thread over same topic.
Why are you talking about it πŸ˜†

Igbo and Ego
Wail Ke? Lolssss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Am From Portharcourt And Proud Igbo- Sabinus / Goodluck Jonathan Approved The Construction Of A $3.5 Billion Electricity Grid / PHOTOS: Babajide Obanikoro Celebrates Wife Fati On Her Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.