Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,227 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba (4092 Views)

South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. / 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi / 2023: Debunking The Propaganda That A Southern Candidate Will Lose In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 5:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
Occurstaem:

I just gave you instances where Igbos betrayed Yorubas. Not just once, but twice.
After Aburi Accord, what then happened?
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Ofunaofu: 5:22pm On Jun 18, 2023
Occurstaem:

Wasn't the SW and Yoruba also instrumental in Goodluck Jonathan's ascent to become the then Acting President and to him winning the presidential election in 2011?

I know you know the truth.

If you claim that the SW was instrumental to his ascent to power in 2011 what happened to the south west continuing with that support in 2015

1 Like

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 5:23pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ofunaofu:

If you claim that the SW was instrumental to his ascent to power in 2011 what happened to the south west continuing with that support in 2015
Don't mind them, they hv forgotten d role they played
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Gaabasky: 5:28pm On Jun 18, 2023
The problem started from Herbert Macaulay time when he handed over NCNC to Nnamdi Azikwe and Azikwe turned it to Igbo's party.

1 Like

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by gammarays1: 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2023
helinues:

Toxic environment , bitterness at where? Tell me which other regions in Nigeria SW have issue with politically in Nigeria, we get along with everyone except SE

Na which region SE no get issue with for Nigeria? Their acclaimed neighbor SS, no be Yari their Senators voted for for Senate President position instead of Akpabio.

We are only defending and correcting their excesses.
So South South Senators even Akwa ibom didn't vote for Yari?
You no well
You didn't see LP senators that voted Akpabio abi? Make we no abuse you this evening 🙄
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by JpBiz92: 5:34pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

Honestly, I don't just understand how some people reason. How do u think that u can impose ur culture on me. Impose ur greetings style on me, impose ur dressing code on me.
Always feel more decent than others while ur dirty attitude literes everywhere
stop bleating and tell me how igbos tried to impose those things on you. Explain to me, I want to know

1 Like

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Occurstaem(m): 5:39pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

Thanks for taken me back to history, back Aburi Accord, before d war, what happened BTW awolowo and ojukwu
Good. You have to tell us what happened in the 1964 election first because the election was before that. You called us betrayal and I gave you instances when Igbos betrayed Yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Occurstaem(m): 5:44pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

After Aburi Accord, what then happened?
The 1964 election came first.
Tell us what happened?

3 Likes

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 5:45pm On Jun 18, 2023
Gaabasky:
The problem started from Herbert Macaulay time when he handed over NCNC to Nnamdi Azikwe and Azikwe turned it to Igbo's party.
Another historian dun land. So tell us more
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 5:46pm On Jun 18, 2023
Occurstaem:

Good. You have to tell us what happened in the 1964 election first because the election was before that. You called us betrayal and I gave you instances when Igbos betrayed Yorubas.
Abi u Wan dodge d question ni
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Orbhagbemi555: 6:01pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

Abi u Wan dodge d question ni

Guy answer him first.. 1964 is earlier than ABURI 😁

3 Likes

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 6:03pm On Jun 18, 2023
Orbhagbemi555:

Oga dun go dey do research, let him answer, since I asked him first
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Occurstaem(m): 6:30pm On Jun 18, 2023
Orbhagbemi555:

LOL. Don't mind him.
It's laughable that the guy you quoted said I went to do research on what I presented to him after he said Yoruba are betrayal and I let him know of two instances where Igbo betrayed and backstabbed Yoruba first in 1964 election. Something that he never knew before now.

Since he has no proof to disclaim the obvious truth and fact, in his lame comeback he now brought Aburi Accord that happened in 1967/68 in his bid to start a straw man argument with me. Who knows he is now the one doing research on the 1964 election while trying to stylishly project his own inadequacies on me.

That's why I just ignored him. Thanks

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by goodnessme1(f): 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2023
helinues:

I have some questions for you, only if you can respond coherently without repeating your as usual bunkum.

Name one rich man, anywhere in the world including your village who made their money through trolling others.

If their are none, that means all rich men dedicate their time on something productive not futility exercise.

The main question now is, are you waiting for baba alawo to tell you say problem dey?
No wonder you haven't make it.🙄🙄🙄
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Mystic216: 7:47pm On Jun 18, 2023
LegendHero:

The SW region (Yoruba) are the king of the South in all aspect of metrics. whether politics, economics, cultural spread, educational infrastructure, entertainment, industry, activists and etc.

Even with how the SS minorities always side with Igbos mostly in politics, the Yorubas have been the most successful ethnic group in politics in southern Nigeria based on the number of top politician from the region.
From your goat mind 😂😂😂

Chicken feeling himself of a cow 😂😂😂
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Mystic216: 7:49pm On Jun 18, 2023
GeneralPula:

Actually, it’s the other way round! Igbos are feeling intimidated by Yoruba and Igbos are seeing Yoruba as king of Southern Nigeria. Why’re they feeling intimidated?

It’s cuz Igbos used to believe they can bend the rest of the south, except Yoruba. This is why they always get bitter with Yoruba. This is why, out of all southern Nigeria, Yoruba nah their headache!

Igbos love to intimidate a lot. And if you’re above what they can intimidate, they’ll have a problem with you! If you do chill with them, you’ll know! Intimidating & bragging, nah their way! Infact, it’s easy to spot Igbos intimidating attitudes - their instinct of always wanting to get a traditional title says it all! Most of them do want this traditional title just to intimidate their fellow Igbos..
Just shut up, please
You know nothing
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Fortruth: 7:53pm On Jun 18, 2023
KingOfIsoko1:
My name is Ovie , I am from Isoko South of Delta State for security reasons I wouldn’t state my home town.

As a Southern ethnic minority, I don’t understand why the two dominant tribes of the South are always at each others neck.

This is not ordinary, there is a spiritual undertone to this because this two tribes are actually the most productive in other fields aside Agriculture and I don’t see why they can’t stop fighting each other.

I am King of Isoko and I stand for Equity.

NB: We Isoko people na we fight intra-tribal war pass any other ethnic group for the whole Delta, incase you wan troll me.

First of all what makes them "dominant"... is it population because FULANI that are minority are actually dominant over everyone, including your Isokoland....

Secondly, have you asked yourself why folks with different value system continue to be in the same country day in day out, a country they nor their fathers NEVER put together...

Have you asked yourself why una no support Easterners go in 1967..... and how things may have been better for everyone by now....?

Yet I saw you guys watching Champions league final, teams that come from nations that are united by culture, tongue, VALUE SYSTEM.....

Black people shaaa... which way?
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 7:57pm On Jun 18, 2023
Backstabbing and betraying is in d DNA of a particular tribe.
Name a tribe that begs too much in southern Nigeria.
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Tmb78(m): 7:58pm On Jun 18, 2023
KingofIsoko1 that is bias already through his posts here
Have never seen anyone as anti- yoruba as him and pro-igbo, yet he is suing for peace between yoruba and igbo, no be juju be that?

5 Likes

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by obawinner(m): 8:24pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ofunaofu:

That birth the current dispensation friend. Political alliances.

1 Like

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Pascal9: 8:47pm On Jun 18, 2023
obawinner:
Diplomacy for brilliance not coward, yet the igbbos worship cowards, if ojukwuu has embaced diplomacy, biafrann war won't have happened. yet he turned a coward to escape with his family only for him to return and become a hero.
What you should rather say is the Yoruba have a very contrasting value appreciation,while Yoruba values system is built on respect, honor, and 2 other then wealth comes last, the igboos starts money first.
money stop nonsense, Yoruba is gradually turning to north, their elites are living large while the majority of their masses are becoming beggers. The majority of igbos Don't like to depend on others even their rich brothers, nkem bu nkem , nke anyi bu nke anyi is a popular saying in igboland
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Depressed101: 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2023
KingOfIsoko1:
My name is Ovie , I am from Isoko South of Delta State for security reasons I wouldn’t state my home town.

As a Southern ethnic minority, I don’t understand why the two dominant tribes of the South are always at each others neck.

This is not ordinary, there is a spiritual undertone to this because this two tribes are actually the most productive in other fields aside Agriculture and I don’t see why they can’t stop fighting each other.

I am King of Isoko and I stand for Equity.

NB: We Isoko people na we fight intra-tribal war pass any other ethnic group for the whole Delta, incase you wan troll me.
the polity of the south was designed "intentionally" to breed hate between each other, ask Gowon he was the architect.
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 10:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
Pascal9:
money stop nonsense, Yoruba is gradually turning to north, their elites are living large while the majority of their masses are becoming beggers. The majority of igbos Don't like to depend on others even their rich brothers, nkem bu nkem , nke anyi bu nke anyi is a popular saying in igboland
WHAt DO THEY EVEN KNOW. JUSt TAKE A WALK EiTHER ONE IYA IS BEGGING OR ONE OMO IS BEGGING WHILE THEIR BABA ARE BUSY BEGGING FOR ONE SACHET OF ACTION BITTERS
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 10:22pm On Jun 18, 2023
Depressed101:
the polity of the south was designed "intentionally" to breed hate between each other, ask Gowon he was the architect.
Oga leave Gowon out of it pls. Yorubas always feel wiser than d rest of d south
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Tflex01: 10:50pm On Jun 18, 2023
nazicartel:
definitely. That's the first thing I do.... I create boundaries they can't just cross. I do that for my sanity and they know... There are discussions they don't even dare involve me

Exactly what a reasonable Yoruba person should do around Igbos too. Any Yoruba that fails to create necessary boundaries around them deserves flogging.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 18, 2023
JpBiz92:
stop bleating and tell me how igbos tried to impose those things on you. Explain to me, I want to know

You guys don’t read to comprehend, that’s why you always fight yourselves. You both look like f00ls
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by SmartyPants(m): 11:12pm On Jun 18, 2023
Fortruth:

First of all what makes them "dominant"... is it population because FULANI that are minority are actually dominant over everyone, including your Isokoland....

Secondly, have you asked yourself why folks with different value system continue to be in the same country day in day out, a country they nor their fathers NEVER put together...

Have you asked yourself why una no support Easterners go in 1967..... and how things may have been better for everyone by now....?

Yet I saw you guys watching Champions league final, teams that come from nations that are united by culture, tongue, VALUE SYSTEM.....

Wrong on this count. Our forefathers had several tremendous opportunities to dissolve Nigeria if they so wished.

If we look at the history of it, it was North that first wanted out of the union and then West - the East came around to the idea after pogroms of 1966 and the failure of the Aburi accords.

But in the intervening period of time, Nnamdi Azikiwe was the crucial figure that ensured Nigeria did not disintegrate.
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Tflex01: 11:19pm On Jun 18, 2023
Tmb78:
KingofIsoko1 that is bias already through his posts here
Have never seen anyone as anti- yoruba as him and pro-igbo, yet he is suing for peace between yoruba and igbo, no be juju be that?

The guy is Igbo not any Isoko.
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Tflex01: 11:21pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

WHAt DO THEY EVEN KNOW. JUSt TAKE A WALK EiTHER ONE IYA IS BEGGING OR ONE OMO IS BEGGING WHILE THEIR BABA ARE BUSY BEGGING FOR ONE SACHET OF ACTION BITTERS

All the beggars in my street in Warri are Igbos. All of them!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Tmb78(m): 11:22pm On Jun 18, 2023
Tflex01:

The guy is Igbo not any Isoko.
Guessed as much
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 11:34pm On Jun 18, 2023
Tflex01:

All the beggars in my street in Warri are Igbos. All of them!
Every Southern Nigeria knows d tribe that begs too much, infact tribe that begging is in their DNA. Igbo man to beg u? Lolssss. Wonders of d century
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 12:17am On Jun 19, 2023
Fortruth:

We support easterners to go, we just don’t support treasonist and criminals. Go through the proper channels to secede and watch the incredible amount of support you will get from not just the southwest and south south but the north as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Getting Rid Of Tribalism Out Of Nigeria / Shootout At Lawanson: NURTW Crisis Worsens / If You Are GEJ, Can You Sack This Beutiful Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.