Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba (4091 Views)

South-East Politicians Meet With Igbo Businessmen In Lagos. / 2023: Buhari Wanted A Southern Presidency But We Are Now Divided - Umahi / 2023: Debunking The Propaganda That A Southern Candidate Will Lose In The North (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by helinues: 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

Rest a bit. Yorubas like somebody that has inferior issue. Bcs Yorubas always hv dis complex issue with igbos.

Perhaps Ghana, SA, India, Cambodia all have complex issue with the Igbos

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2023
Account open on may 10th

Why does something tell me this account is mischievous, I doubt you are what you claim you are. I smell mischief.

5 Likes

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2023
helinues:

Perhaps Ghana, SA, India, Cambodia all have complex issue with the Igbos
Yes ohhhhhh. Having toured round, I still maintain my stand that Yorubas hv complex issue and that's one of d issue they hv with igbos, Yorubas hv no confidence, boldness, courage to confront issue unless they hv supporters while an Igbo man can say and do whatever he wishes even outside his land
No swag at all,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Lannister360: 1:14pm On Jun 18, 2023
KingOfIsoko1:
My name is Ovie , I am from Isoko South of Delta State for security reasons I wouldn’t state my home town.

As a Southern ethnic minority, I don’t understand why the two dominant tribes of the South are always at each others neck.

This is not ordinary, there is a spiritual undertone to this because this two tribes are actually the most productive in other fields aside Agriculture and I don’t see why they can’t stop fighting each other.

I am King of Isoko and I stand for Equity.

NB: We Isoko people na we fight intra-tribal war pass any other ethnic group for the whole Delta, incase you wan troll me.

I won't state my home town for security reasons grin, who know you ? Nobody care about you or your opinion bro, you are just another isoko man in Delta State.
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by RemoveKebab: 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2023
Someday I believe we'll get along
And even become the best alliance
Just like Britain and France had a rivalry
Today they are the best ally

1 Like

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Ofunaofu: 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2023
helinues:

Toxic environment , bitterness at where? Tell me which other regions in Nigeria SW have issue with politically in Nigeria, we get along with everyone except SE

Na which region SE no get issue with for Nigeria? Their acclaimed neighbor SS, no be Yari their Senators voted for for Senate President position instead of Akpabio.

We are only defending and correcting their excesses.

helinues, how can you use an APC internal party wrangling to describe the relationship between the SS and SE

Infact, the so called wrangling is nothing but a creation of SW to present a situation that the SE is at war with their brother the SS

For the umpteenth time, the SE don't have any issue with the SS. Infact the SE and SS are one politically. It's dates back to preindependent era.

What the South East are suffering today from this current APC government is because of their total support to Goodluck Jonathan, a SS son.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by helinues: 1:22pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ofunaofu:

helinues, how can you use an APC internal party wrangling to describe the relationship between the SS and SE

Infact, the so called wrangling is nothing but a creation of SW to present a situation that the SE is at war with their brother the SS

For the umpteenth time, the SE don't have any issue with the SS. Infact the SE and SS are one politically. It's dates back to preindependent era.

What the South East are suffering today from this current APC government is because of their total support to Goodluck Jonathan, a SS son.

Should internal wrangling have affected the long years We SE/SS?

8 Likes

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 1:25pm On Jun 18, 2023
RemoveKebab:
Someday I believe we'll get along
And even become the best alliance
Just like Britain and France had a rivalry
Today they are the best ally
That wont happen even in d next life

1 Like

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 1:27pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ofunaofu:

AS SIMPLE AS ABC. IGBOS ARE BEING HATED MUCH TODAY ALL BCS THEY STOOD BY JONATHAN.
IGBOS ARE BEING CALLED ALL SORTS OF NAMES ALL BCS THEy SUPPORTED JONATHAN TO D LAST DAY
Igbos are seen as enemy of d nation all bcs of Jonathan from SS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Cooly100: 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2023
helinues:

Toxic environment , bitterness at where? Tell me which other regions in Nigeria SW have issue with politically in Nigeria, we get along with everyone except SE

Na which region SE no get issue with for Nigeria? Their acclaimed neighbor SS, no be Yari their Senators voted for for Senate President position instead of Akpabio.

The problem with you people is lies and propaganda...You guys do it with ease and I wonder why you have no consceince.

You have physically fought other major ethnic groups in your region except the Igbos...

You have fought the northers everywhere and the Ijaws...

Are these fights Agricultural or musical fights

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by helinues: 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

AS SIMPLE AS ABC. IGBOS ARE BEING HATED MUCH TODAY ALL BCS THEY STOOD BY JONATHAN.
IGBOS ARE BEING CALLED ALL SORTS OF NAMES ALL BCS THEy SUPPORTED JONATHAN TO D LAST DAY

Why are SS people not hated because they stood by their own son, GEJ?

14 Likes

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 1:35pm On Jun 18, 2023
Cooly100:

The problem with you people is lies and propaganda...You guys do it with ease and I wonder why you have no consceince.

You have physically fought other major ethnic groups in your region except the Igbos...

You have fought the northers everywhere and the Ijaws...

Are these fights Agricultural or musical fights
dont mind d stupid entity
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Streetdoctor: 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2023
helinues:

Why are SS people not hated because they stood by their own son, GEJ?
In Southern Nigeria, we hv two major tribes so igbos will always stand by SS,
Una use propaganda with Lagos-Ibadan expressway paper cast jonathan and u expect igbos to fold their hands and watch their cousins being bullied

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Ofunaofu: 1:39pm On Jun 18, 2023
helinues:

Should internal wrangling have affected the long years We SE/SS?

It is you Tinubu minions that are making it look like SE is at war with the SS

Just like your new found friend, Asari dokubo, a militant war lord who took to up arms against the Nigerian state, engaging in economic sabotage through oil bunkery and oil theft. Who is currently running around government quarters seeking for crumbs like pipeline surveillance contracts. The same pipeline milking away the oil in his region

you all are cheering him up today all because at every given opportunity, he castigate nnamdi kanu

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by helinues: 1:39pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

In Southern Nigeria, we hv two major tribes so igbos will always stand by SS,
Una use propaganda with Lagos-Ibadan expressway paper cast jonathan and u expect igbos to fold their hands and watch their cousins being bullied

Just like Igbo did in the just SP position.

You have been left stranded politically, the last car just left

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by helinues: 1:40pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ofunaofu:

It is you Tinubu minions that are making it look like SE is at war with the SS

Just like your new found friend, Asari dokubo, a militant war lord who took to up arms against the Nigerian state, engaging in economic sabotage through oil bunkery and oil theft. Who is currently running around government quarters seeking for crumbs like pipeline surveillance contracts. The same pipeline milking away the oil in his region

you all are cheering him up today all because at every given opportunity, he castigate nnamdi kanu

And for your mind, SS people don forget about such deliberate saboteur role from acclaimed neighbor bah?

3 Likes

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Cooly100: 1:42pm On Jun 18, 2023
helinues:

Just like Igbo did in the just SP position.

You have been left stranded politically, the last car just left

...but you where no where the be seen before 1999, and heaven did not fail...

How did politics favor Ogun people after GEJ left or Otuke people after GEJ?

For me presidency is just for bragging right...nothing else.
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by helinues: 1:43pm On Jun 18, 2023
Cooly100:

...but you where no where the be seen before 1999, and heaven did not fail...

Stop living in old glory. I get am before no be property

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Ofunaofu: 1:45pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

The igbos were called 5%tiles, 97% vs 5%, a dot in a circle and so many other derogatory names all because of their total unalloyed support to Goodluck Jonathan who is from the SS

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Cooly100: 1:46pm On Jun 18, 2023
helinues:

Stop living in old glory. I get am before no be property

The below is the new glory..

Pic 1 Poor neighbourhood in Enugu.

Pic 2 Poor neighbourhood in mighty Lagos..

Which one is better?

This is despite your new glory in politics for more than 8 years... wink wink wink

FG can build your roads and rail...but you are left on your own to build your homes and survive..

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Ofunaofu: 1:48pm On Jun 18, 2023
helinues:

And for your mind, SS people don forget about such deliberate saboteur role from acclaimed neighbor bah?

Who is sabotaging who

So for your mind now, SW and SS are best of friends, SW and SS are politically one because Akpabio is the Senate president

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by helinues: 1:50pm On Jun 18, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Who is sabotaging who

So for your mind now, SW and SS are best of friends, SW and SS are politically one because Akpabio is the Senate president

Sebi when we advised una to build bridges, una talk say cement finish, oya use ladder then

Mtcheeeew

5 Likes

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by helinues: 1:51pm On Jun 18, 2023
Cooly100:

The below is the new glory..

Pic 1 Poor neighbourhood in Enugu.

Pic 2 Poor neighbourhood in mighty Lagos..

Which one is better?

This is despite your new glory in politics for more than 8 years... wink wink wink

FG can build your roads and rail...but you are left on your own to build your homes and survive..

Tom and Di.ck measuring with 2x2 land mass, are you kidney yourself?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Cooly100: 1:51pm On Jun 18, 2023
helinues:

Sebi when we advised una to build bridges, una talk say cement finish, oya use ladder then

Mtcheeeew

What has your bridge done for you personally?

just bragging rights cheesy cheesy
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by helinues: 1:52pm On Jun 18, 2023
Cooly100:

What has your bridge done for you personally?

just bragging rights cheesy cheesy

Personally, I don't live on politics, not a dime.

We earn our living from our own handiwork.

3 Likes

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Cooly100: 1:53pm On Jun 18, 2023
helinues:

Tom and Di.ck measuring with 2x2 land mass, are you kidney yourself?

Which land mass...Enugu is even bigger than Lagos in total land mass...and the picture shown are practically same land mass...

When they corner you liars you bring Oluwole statistics...
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by obawinner(m): 1:54pm On Jun 18, 2023
Streetdoctor:

As a street doctor and one that has tou4ed round, i will start with d following
1. Culture: The two cultures are opposite each other. An Igbo man believes that if u are an elder, u shoupd behave like one or else boys will change it for u. While in yoruba, an elder will misyan/misbehave u still boys according him same respect in regards to d course of what led to d misbehave from d elder.
Igbo man believe so much in himself while yoruba does not.
Yorubas are diplomatic in nature (due to their coward nature), while igbos does not believe in diplomacy, they say it d way it is.
Igbos explore alot while yorubas does not.
yoruba will owe a yoruba, d debtor will still expect d creditor to accord him respect while in igbo land, if u owe me and u no pay me, na fight go settle am.
Diplomacy for brilliance not coward, yet the igbbos worship cowards, if ojukwuu has embaced diplomacy, biafrann war won't have happened. yet he turned a coward to escape with his family only for him to return and become a hero.
What you should rather say is the Yoruba have a very contrasting value appreciation,while Yoruba values system is built on respect, honor, and 2 other then wealth comes last, the igboos starts money first.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by Cooly100: 1:55pm On Jun 18, 2023
helinues:

Personally, I don't live on politics, not a dime.

We earn our living from our own handiwork.

So why are you bragging and building bridge that is of no use to anyone?
Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by mdimefields: 1:55pm On Jun 18, 2023
helinues:

Out of 15 senators only 3 voted for Yari. And why should that even be a problem? Abi no be democracy we dey practice again?

1 Like

Re: As A Southern Ethnic Minority, This Is My Problem With Igbo And Yoruba by helinues: 1:56pm On Jun 18, 2023
Cooly100:

Which land mass...Enugu is even bigger than Lagos in total land mass...and the picture shown are practically same land mass...

When they corner you liars you bring Oluwole statistics...

The next Jamb is when?

It get why oo

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria's Power Crisis! Shocking! / 13 Killed By Gunmen In Port Harcourt / Methodist Bishop Joins Abia Senatorial Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.