Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock (12359 Views)

91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock / Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo / Nigeria Overtakes India As Number 1 In World's Poverty Rating - Brookings Instit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by IVORY2009(m): 10:24am On Jun 19, 2023
9182736455O1999:
Tribalists would always find all possible means to give away their ill-breded tribalic nature on every damn thread they open.
I'm not sure if you guys even realise how sickening the show is.

Is this your prison number shocked

1 Like

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by EmiDior(m): 10:26am On Jun 19, 2023
WannaHowzit:
Dang, that's more than South Africa's population of 60 million.

hatrick01 XMetroBoom ikillbrokehoes ednut1 EmiDior when I say you poop dust you don't believe

Let me go post this on SA socials
toilet addict

2 Likes

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by onuman: 10:26am On Jun 19, 2023
SELF-INFLICTED POVERTY.
‐---------------------------------------
What's the business of the World organisation with poverty in Nigeria?
A major Religious group in Nigeria inflicts the poverty on Nigerians.
The Religious group had since 1999 adopted unconstitutional Islamic sharia criminal justice system and literally carved a new boundary for Arewa Islamic Republic from Nigeria.
But the southern regions are on the throats of one another; therefore incapable of freeing their regions from the extreme religious group
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Ogene001: 10:27am On Jun 19, 2023
DevilsEqual:

Bro, i dont have the strength to go import stats from NBS or Statisense....You can check their websites to update yourself on the latest stats from 2022

Nigerians should read more and be content filled and not just rely on emotions to react to real life issues
Ondo state has the least number of poor people, kwara made top 10 and Oyo is ahead of Ebonyi...In fact, Ebonyi is the worst in the south

Reading up on facts easily pass you off as being current and learned, you would be able to debunk lies and counter claims with facts rather than emotions

By the way, I live in Anambra state and what do u mean by "your backyard"
You are using percentage. This is the actual number of poor people per state. Truly, Ebonyi is worse than Oyo considering the difference in total population

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Cj4charles(m): 10:27am On Jun 19, 2023
successmatters:
I wanted to doubt the news, till I visited Kwara state. You could meet poverty walking along every street.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Emmaomotob(m): 10:28am On Jun 19, 2023
successmatters:

Baba, quit relying on online gossips and check your own backyard. You will see poverty lurking there.
I did my NYSC in Ebonyi. It is very poor state. Nevertheless, there is extreme poverty everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by EmiDior(m): 10:28am On Jun 19, 2023
WannaHowzit:

hatrick01 XMetroBoom ikillbrokehoes ednut1 EmiDior when I say you poop dust you don't believe

Let me go post this on SA socials

which means 130million are rich.
Just imagine.
×2 of ur population.

2 Likes

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Reussite: 10:28am On Jun 19, 2023
festacman:
I agree. Reason why President Tinubu, having removed fuel subsidy, concluded plan to introduce tuition in Fed institutions and floated Naira, should NOW unveil his plan to stimulate the economic from agriculture, fishery, SMEs, entertainment, sports, etc. Also, plan to incentivize industrialization and entrepreneurship. It is about time.

My advice is that whatever Pres. Tinubu is doing, he should use his goodwill to involve state governors for multiplier effects in states across Nigeria. Unlike most of Buhari's programs that were only FG-driven with little impact.
Do not be deceived. They are all the same. If Tinubu is really interested in aiding the Fed Institution, just subsidize their fees by a certain percentage. It's as simple as that. The student loan is a monumental scam.🤚

2 Likes

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Ogene001: 10:30am On Jun 19, 2023
Emmaomotob:
I did my NYSC in Ebonyi. It is very poor state. Nevertheless, there is extreme poverty everywhere.
Its data from Ebonyi that normally pulls SE back
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by jrusky(m): 10:30am On Jun 19, 2023
We have heard this several time so it's no longer a news. The new govt is less than a month and the way they are moving that poverty figure will be reduce dratically so no more big deal.

We will rise as Jah liveth.
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by bonnyhope: 10:32am On Jun 19, 2023
successmatters:
I wanted to doubt the news, till I visited Kwara state. You could meet poverty walking along every street.

It is cut across all states.

The current petrol price has even worsen the situation. Those who were considered middle class before have been sent to poverty level due to the current economic reality

1 Like

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by WannaHowzit(m): 10:34am On Jun 19, 2023
EmiDior:

which means 130million are rich.
Just imagine.
×2 of ur population.

If you wanna fool yourself 😂😂😂

It simply means 70 million are extremely poor. 130 million are just normal poor hence the japa pandemic. Your per capita income🇳🇬 is a third that of SA🇿🇦 - why the heck would 130 million of you be rich? Stop clowning yourself son 😂

I know you studied under a tree and suffer from compressed flat-square-head syndrome, but try reading properly next time🤓

hatrick01 XMetroBoom ikillbrokehoes ednut1 EmiDior

7 Likes

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Reussite: 10:34am On Jun 19, 2023
Flets:
And the current FG is bent on increasing that number

Fuel subsidy removed ..... savings to be looted like that of kerosene and diesel
Electricity tariff to be increased July 1 ...... death to small and medium scale businesses
Funding of tertiary education stopped ...... many youths to drop out of school
Naira further devalued ..... USD to hit 1000 naira to USD in few months

The only constant, is that the looting continues for the political class. Tinubu already created the largesse by all the new policies and supposed savings.
....& someone is telling me Tinubu has the interest of Nigerians at heart.
What is the sense in halting the funding of tertiary education only to introduce loan.....even a layman knows he is out to further improverish the students & their families. If we thought Buhari govt was terrible, we might be having the worst govt in history by the time Tinubu is done.🤚

1 Like

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by justjify(m): 10:37am On Jun 19, 2023
But a certain clown said something about lifting Nigerians out of poverty

1 Like

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by DunyaJim: 10:37am On Jun 19, 2023
Dem go feel it
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by princeemma69: 10:38am On Jun 19, 2023
Sirseedorf:
Mehn abia state poverty is competing with Guinness world record in poverty, I doubt and disagree until I saw it with my korokoro eyes.
Mention the part of Abia State you visited
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Monzze: 10:40am On Jun 19, 2023
successmatters:

Eb9nyi poverty dey learn work for Oyo or Kwara own dey. Whole villages begging to feed each day.

It's not funny at all.

NBS? Are you kidding me? 😳

Zamfara is the capital of poverty

it's a well known fact that north is where poverty resides but it headquarters is in Zamfara.

3 Likes

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 10:43am On Jun 19, 2023
WannaHowzit:

hatrick01 XMetroBoom ikillbrokehoes ednut1 EmiDior when I say you🇳🇬 poop dust💩💩💩 you don't believe☹️☹️☹️

Let me go post this on SA socials 🇿🇦🏃🏽‍♂️🏃🏽‍♂️🏃🏽‍♂️😂

What about the remaining 130 million that aren't poor? or is 70 million greater than 130 million? you are an epitome of dumbness. 😒

2 Likes

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by viodemus: 10:46am On Jun 19, 2023
Stealibu, will make it even more than worst, if God personally don't intervene.

The world's laziest leader is not only an advanced fraudulent tribalist criminal, his associates are a level below him in crime, but he is also very very greedy in his fraudulent conduct.

May God help us all.
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Blackdisciple(m): 10:48am On Jun 19, 2023
Armaggedon:
That is why they are 'successful' in Nigerian politics. Poverty is a tool of power ascendancy. Southwest is getting there.

That is their weapon
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by WannaHowzit(m): 10:51am On Jun 19, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
What about the remaining 130 million that aren't poor? or is 70 million greater than 130 million? you are an epitome of dumbness. 😒

The rest of you are normal poor. Why else would you be japaring all over the place, even to Niger and South Sudan?😂

Go learn what 'extremely' means.

1 Like

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by SKIBiNSKI(m): 10:52am On Jun 19, 2023
Graciousnaija:
It's the same across the world, Why are they not showing us the slums in US, Europe and other so called developed places?
No one is poor in the US, i don't know why some of you always compares naigeria with the US or Europe, how many naigerians receives welfare monies from naigerian government? how many naigerians receives free educations, free medical treatments or lives in local authorities/council free houses?

Accept there is a problem first, then the solution comes.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by freemanq(m): 10:53am On Jun 19, 2023
If we are 200 million then 170 million are poor
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by viodemus: 10:57am On Jun 19, 2023
Ogene001:

You are using percentage. This is the actual number of poor people per state. Truly, Ebonyi is worse than Oyo considering the difference in total population

Many states from those great areas need to do well, but please take their tribalist statistics with a grain of hot pepper.

We need overall improvements and need to do better, but don't really trust their lowered numbers. Theirs is way higher than they gave, if some neutral good people didn't watch the numbers carefully, am sure they would have given kano number to Ebonyi or abia or imo.

They have been discriminating financially, that even akwa ibom is restrained from growth, because their targeted cousins might feel the success. They are only okay with the useless leaders from the east, as long as those useless leaders are not using wisdom to do and encourage great works in the east.
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by arantess: 10:57am On Jun 19, 2023
successmatters:
Lol

Them plenty for nairaland here

1 Like

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by RosyIsBlessed: 10:58am On Jun 19, 2023
If this statistics is true y'all politicians caused it.
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by onuman: 10:58am On Jun 19, 2023
Removal of subsidy on fuel may double the poverty figure already presented.
Nigeria 🇳🇬 is a country where the different ethnic groups are competing against one another but not competing to bring wellbeing to Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by onuman: 11:04am On Jun 19, 2023
Poverty grows in Nigeria because the country is ungovernable and most dysfunctional due to the centrifugal forces from the major ethnic groups of Nigeria acting on the country.
If Nigeria is in Europe, it would have been peacefully divided into more manageable countries.

But a northern Nigeria group blindfolded the southern groups with an unnatural dictum: Nigeria 🇳🇬 is indivisible; whereas, no country on earth was created to remain indivisible.

2 Likes

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by saintkel(m): 11:06am On Jun 19, 2023
festacman:
I agree. Reason why President Tinubu, having removed fuel subsidy, concluded plan to introduce tuition in Fed institutions and floated Naira, should NOW unveil his plan to stimulate the economic from agriculture, fishery, SMEs, entertainment, sports, etc. Also, plan to incentivize industrialization and entrepreneurship. It is about time.

My advice is that whatever Pres. Tinubu is doing, he should use his goodwill to involve state governors for multiplier effects in states across Nigeria. Unlike most of Buhari's programs that were only FG-driven with little impact.
I saw agriculture n I laughed.....if we truly want Nigeria to be great again....we must first n foremost tackle security....once we get it right....other sectors will improve

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

InfraCorp: FG To Unveil N15trn Infrastructure Company In October — CBN / Court Vacates Order Sentencing IGP Baba To 3-months Imprisonment / Bitter Pill Must Be Administered To Build Better Future For Nigeria - Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.