Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock (12315 Views)

91 Million Nigerians Now Living In Extreme Poverty - World Poverty Clock / Why Nigeria Emerged World Poverty Headquarters – Keyamo / Nigeria Overtakes India As Number 1 In World's Poverty Rating - Brookings Instit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Procashtips(m): 11:08am On Jun 19, 2023
This is about 30% of the population.

I thought previous reports said about 70% were extremely poor?
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:09am On Jun 19, 2023
AntiChristian:
grin
What exactly is funny here
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by AntiChristian: 11:12am On Jun 19, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

What exactly is funny here

We just need to laugh!
Wetin we gain if we dey cry/frown face?
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Mujinho4b(m): 11:19am On Jun 19, 2023
successmatters:
I wanted to doubt the news, till I visited Kwara state. You could meet poverty walking along every street.

Pls talk about your state. 😂😂
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Opemiposi123(m): 11:21am On Jun 19, 2023
Good morning Sirs/Mas, I'm currently in a competition for the most likes on a comment on Instagram, and I humbly need the help of Nairalanders to help like my comment so I can win.

The link is;

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtmTCMDJ4eZ/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Or you can kindly go to @get_fundall page on Instagram, and check for their pinned post, my comment is with the name (@ennieobanke) please Sirs/Mas, this will mean a lot to me. Thank you so much!
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by RawSex(m): 11:24am On Jun 19, 2023
EmiDior:
which means 130million are rich.
Just imagine.
×2 of ur population.
130 are rich? grin u no dey shame?

Typical Nigerian, Keep living in self deceit.

Our eyes go clear soon cheesy
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by RawSex(m): 11:26am On Jun 19, 2023
WannaHowzit:

If you wanna fool yourself 😂😂😂

It simply means 70 million are extremely poor. 130 million are just normal poor hence the japa pandemic. Your per capita income🇳🇬 is a third that of SA🇿🇦 - why the heck would 130 million of you be rich? Stop clowning yourself son 😂

I know you studied under a tree and suffer from compressed flat-square-head syndrome, but try reading properly next time🤓

hatrick01 XMetroBoom ikillbrokehoes ednut1 EmiDior
Don't blame him

He's probably one of the reasons why we have a high poverty rate cheesy

1 Like

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by hush15: 11:27am On Jun 19, 2023
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by gloryman91: 11:28am On Jun 19, 2023
Please tell President Tinubu to pay Federal Civil Servants Salaries for the month of June before 22nd of June to celebrate Sallah and get better things.
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by JOemmy(m): 11:29am On Jun 19, 2023
DevilsEqual:

Have u been to ebonyi recently, bro?

You'd think their ancestors reached a concensus in 1812 to only birth very impoverished individuals for centuries to come

There are NBS and Statisense facts that backed this my statement sef

I travel to ebonyi just two weeks ago it's not really all that bad as u want people to believe here.
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by RawSex(m): 11:29am On Jun 19, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
What about the remaining 130 million that aren't poor? or is 70 million greater than 130 million? you are an epitome of dumbness. 😒
You sound like the dumb one. Sorry!
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by EmiDior(m): 11:29am On Jun 19, 2023
RawSex:
130 are rich? grin u no dey shame?
Typical Nigerian, Keep living in self deceit.
Our eyes go clear soon cheesy
tinubt urch!n, rest

1 Like

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by dododawa1: 11:33am On Jun 19, 2023
JOemmy:

I travel to ebonyi just two weeks ago it's not really all that bad as u want people to believe here.
please how much transport fare now.
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Love56743: 11:34am On Jun 19, 2023
successmatters:

Baba, quit relying on online gossips and check your own backyard. You will see poverty lurking there.

Bro poverty get staged by staged, like you can't compel the poverty in delta State and the one in kwara state, God bless Yahoo
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by JOemmy(m): 11:36am On Jun 19, 2023
dododawa1:
please how much transport fare now.

Okigwe to ebonyi #1500

1 Like

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Lovelyn451(f): 11:41am On Jun 19, 2023
Only the way my kids eat alone is draining me and the means of getting this food is very thin, my 7yr old finished #800 loaf of bread this morning, pack all the leftover rice in the pot and still collected #200 from his father and ran away to school...i don enter...

1 Like

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by sammirano: 11:43am On Jun 19, 2023
DevilsEqual:

Bro, i dont have the strength to go import stats from NBS or Statisense....You can check their websites to update yourself on the latest stats from 2022

Nigerians should read more and be content filled and not just rely on emotions to react to real life issues
Ondo state has the least number of poor people, kwara made top 10 and Oyo is ahead of Ebonyi...In fact, Ebonyi is the worst in the south

Reading up on facts easily pass you off as being current and learned, you would be able to debunk lies and counter claims with facts rather than emotions

By the way, I live in Anambra state and what do u mean by "your backyard"
Don't mind that headless ipig grin I'm certain he is currently hiding in Kwara from UGM. Ungrateful ipig
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Nasige(m): 11:44am On Jun 19, 2023
Shamefully this is a pure reality of what is on ground in Nigeria, The poverty rate will continue to increase exponentially if we continue on this thread of very few Nigerians controlling the vast resources meant for all.

1 Like

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Johncuppa(m): 11:47am On Jun 19, 2023
festacman:
I agree. Reason why President Tinubu, having removed fuel subsidy, concluded plan to introduce tuition in Fed institutions and floated Naira, should NOW unveil his plan to stimulate the economic from agriculture, fishery, SMEs, entertainment, sports, etc. Also, plan to incentivize industrialization and entrepreneurship. It is about time.

My advice is that whatever Pres. Tinubu is doing, he should use his goodwill to involve state governors for multiplier effects in states across Nigerian. Unlike most of Buhari's programs that were only FG-driven with little impact.
To what extent will that go among Nigerians without prejudice like fuel and free education?
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Fintiri: 11:49am On Jun 19, 2023
Helinues
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by 9182736455O1999(m): 11:49am On Jun 19, 2023
IVORY2009:

Is this your prison number shocked
Lol. Prison number don reach 9 thrillion?
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:50am On Jun 19, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

Mumu, the 3 things you stated Tinubu did in your first paragraph are policies that will further impoverish the already poor Nigerians.

I thought you were being satirical initially, but i later realized you were serious, and undoubtedly one of the hypocritical asslickers.
It's amazing how poorly you guys reason!
You didn't read his post carefully
He was not asslicking but rather calling attention to the effect the 3 things will have on in already bad situation.
You should apologise for insulting him
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by David160(m): 11:52am On Jun 19, 2023
Omooba77:

https://dailytrust.com/over-70m-nigerians-extremely-poor-world-poverty-clock/

Tomorrow a Tinubu slave will come and say that Obi hates Northerners... Thank God the data is speaking for itself

1 Like

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 19, 2023
Over 180m
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:55am On Jun 19, 2023
Robertgreene1:
Una too dey born born for this Country
That's just una problem
Ethiopia and Egypt (Arab country oo) that is the 2nd and third most populous countries in Africa are both less than 120 million people..but una dey chase 350 million or even more now sef
Tufiakwa!!!..Dem use born into poverty swear for una?
I personally don't agree with Nigeria's population statistics. There has been historical inflation of our population figures from the 1960s till date.
The North is basically more scantily populated per sq km yet they are reputed to be almost double the population of the south.
Our population statistics is patently false. Look at our election figures for example. A little introduction of technology and the total votes cast dropped below 25m. Yet we claim to have over 96m voters.

2 Likes

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by MeineMutter: 11:56am On Jun 19, 2023
festacman:
I agree. Reason why President Tinubu, having removed fuel subsidy, concluded plan to introduce tuition in Fed institutions and floated Naira, should NOW unveil his plan to stimulate the economic from agriculture, fishery, SMEs, entertainment, sports, etc. Also, plan to incentivize industrialization and entrepreneurship. It is about time.

My advice is that whatever Pres. Tinubu is doing, he should use his goodwill to involve state governors for multiplier effects in states across Nigeria. Unlike most of Buhari's programs that were only FG-driven with little impact.

We are the ones to hold our state governors accountable. FG can only admonish states to govern well.

‘Godfatherism’ and election bankrolling are also parts of what is killing our state.

They have captured our gullible and hungry youths in the state.

There’s no state that doesn’t have one yeye youth vanguard or one youth dynasty or one youth movement/association that these politicians are using for them to remain in power for long.
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by gtassure: 11:58am On Jun 19, 2023
albreezy4eva:
Yet churches have been preaching prosperity over a decade.
They have been preaching prosperity messages for over 40 years( Winners). Unfortunately, the only person getting rich is Oyedepo!

2 Likes

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by mohd001: 11:58am On Jun 19, 2023
successmatters:
I wanted to doubt the news, till I visited Kwara state. You could meet poverty walking along every street.

kwara of all states?? hmm you are joking. How many states you have already been to? if I may ask you
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Emma4real333(m): 11:59am On Jun 19, 2023
Ireportlive:

My own name kikikiiiki

Abegiii all this fake reports ,

no Nigerian doesn't spend atleast $2 a day on food , transport or accomodation even if you dey fast

From your comment here i can see one of the reasons Nigeria is moving backwards.
Let me give you a simple task, divide minimum wage by $2 and drop your answer here so the whole world can see
Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by gtassure: 12:00pm On Jun 19, 2023
Efisimilala:
By the end of this year it will be double of that
Sure, For your Family!

1 Like

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by Zedoo(m): 12:08pm On Jun 19, 2023
successmatters:

Baba, quit relying on online gossips and check your own backyard. You will see poverty lurking there.

This part. Nigerians always make me laugh. They act blind. There is NO STREET in Nigeria without extremely poor people EVEN in banana island roadworkers and menial job doers there are extremely poor and inhumanely treated.

Poverty resides on every street corner, people cannot even keep any valuable thing outside their door even in a compound where they live alone but they want to travel to ebonyi and Kwara to confirm poverty. If you live in any apartment in a house where your roof isn’t leaking and you have access to clean water and can afford to eat twice a day you are doing better than 60% of Nigerians by default.

3 Likes

Re: Over 70m Nigerians Extremely Poor – World Poverty Clock by ufuosman(m): 12:10pm On Jun 19, 2023
I still bliv is more than dis figures

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Realistic Options For Opposition Presidency In 2015? / The South-east Is Like A Private Construction Zone / APC & Labour Party: "Same Scam Different Era" - Omoyele Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.