Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,698 members, 7,831,178 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies (57442 Views)

Wike Sacks 21 Heads Of FCTA Agencies, Parastatals / FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals / Boards Have No Power To Suspend Ceos Of Parastatals, Says SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by siofragspot: 10:02am On Jun 20, 2023
lexy2014:

you are saying "he is building his 'own empire' with people he can trust, work with and hold accountable".

again, you have used the word "trust" when earlier you said that the people who were in the dissolved boards were "trustworthy. why were they removed if they were trustworthy?

could the people in the dissolved boards not be held accountable or could they not work with tinubu ?

remember that you said those same people were competent. if they were, why then can tinubu not build this "empire with the people in the dissolved boards since you said those people are competent and trustworthy?

what do you mean by "it is normally done this way"? what is normally done this way?

There is no contradiction here, know this. By the way, cut Tinubu some slack Mr Idealist would you...

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by favor914: 10:04am On Jun 20, 2023
GeneralDae:

1. Since the law is vague on suspension, if I were the president I would also do what BAT has done.

2. Doesn't matter. Officially naira was floated by the CBN. That's all that matters.

3. You are repeating questions. When you have one rate at 460 and another at 720, the gap is too wide giving room for arbitrage. Those who send dollars to Nigeria and are supposed to get it at the CBN rate have problems. Some people buy at 450 naira and sell at 750 naira. This is common sense and I don't know why you are repeating these questions. Do your research.

4. We don't know because the oil marketers would start importing from next month and most likely at this new exchange rate. If it remains 560 naira then it's likely there's still slight subsidy. If it increases then it means truly no subsidy at all. I favour 20% subsidy to leave it at 450-500 naira no matter what.

5. Auto correct. I meant to say Finance Minister Zainab. I'm sure you know but you are grasping at straws now.
NNPC made it clear they have been borrowing. Mele Kyari in his interview said they are almost defaulting and there's a 2.8 trillion naira debt. Do your research man.

6. I don't understand this question.
It seems you don’t know the Mumurist lexy2014? He will ask you the same question repeatedly.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by discusant: 10:04am On Jun 20, 2023
complexstuffs:

Get well soon

At least, I am mentally healthier than you.

Nobody who is mentally healthy will sideline all the presidential materials in Nigeria but goes for Tinubu to become president of his/her country.
Those who sidelined healthy and cleaner Osinbajo but put Tinubu with Shettima as VP have intention for a president Shettima shortly, I understand this; you don't have the mental capacity to understand this.

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 10:15am On Jun 20, 2023
favor914:
It seems you don’t know the Mumurist lexy2014? He will ask you the same question repeatedly.

where are the same questions i have asked him repeatedly
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by GeneralDae: 10:16am On Jun 20, 2023
lexy2014:

1. which law is there on suspension that you say is vague? can you quote the law? i didnt ask you about you would have done if you were tinubu. i asked if you say that the CBN governor is meant to eb idependent and then you justify his suspension by saying "when their monetary policies don't align with your fiscal policies, the people still blame you mostly. So you have to take critical decisions", how is that independence?

2. that is not all that matters. if you claim that Emefiele had to be suspended before floating of the naira could be done, then on whose instruction was the naira floated after the CBN governor was suspended?

3. what has that got to do with foreign investors? earlier you said it is about much they arent able to repatriate back home. now you are saying it is about "Those who send dollars to Nigeria and are supposed to get it at the CBN rate have problems.". which one are you saying?

(b)meanwhile, what benefits have accrued to nigerians with the floating of the naira?

4. I didnt ask you about when oil marketers will start importing and I didnt ask to state the reason for anything. this are my questions...its not a question of "we would know". it is YOU. there is no "we" except YOU have no idea what you talking about. is it removal or is it reduction? you have to be clear.

(b)what benefit has accrued to nigerians as a result of the removal of fuel subsidy?

5. based on your research, how does that answer the question...when did NNPC borrow to import and subsidise fuel and from who did NNPC borrow?

6. pls how long did it take Tinubus predecessors to appoint new service chiefs?
1. Go and read CBN act.

Yes the act is not clear on whether the president can suspend the CBN Governor or not but only listed conditions for the removal.

Therefore until the act is amended, there is room for the president to exploit this. That means, although CBN is meant to be independent, until the CBN act is amended the president can still suspend the CBN Governor.

2. I believe it was on BAT's instruction but we have no proof and that's the most important thing. BAT can simply say he advised the new acting CBN to float the naira and he took to his advice.

3. I am saying both. Read more about this topic. Also read the speech of the Airtel chairman who recently visited BAT so you get more understanding. Wide naira margins leaves foreign investors confused on how to get back their dollars since it's hard to get dollars back at the CBN rate.

b) The benefits accrued to Nigerians is that with more foreign investments there would be availability of dollars than ever. With availability of dollars, exchange rates become stable. You are then allowed to use your naira card again. If there's no arbitrage, then it means no round tripping for just a few, exporters make money, etc.

4) No one knows yet if it's removal or reduction until we import new products without subsidy. NMPDRA has given 6 licenses at the moment for new importers. When they import and sell to the market at this new exchange rate, then it would be clear. Because we can always compare to international prices.

b) Benefit is that Nigeria may not go broke or become a Sri Lanka anytime soon due to borrowing for what she can't subsidize. If Nigeria doesn't go bankrupt, common man still has hope.

5. Mele Kyari has explained it all 2 weeks ago. Go and do your research.

6. I don't know. You tell me.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Beremx(f): 10:19am On Jun 20, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Great.
Just wanted to say Hi. Have a great day!
you too dear.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 10:21am On Jun 20, 2023
siofragspot:

There is no contradiction here, know this. By the way, cut Tinubu some slack Mr Idealist would you...

were did i say anything about contradiction or not cutting tinubu slack or material? you are the one that made certain claims not tinubu. so its you am asking...

you are saying "he is building his 'own empire' with people he can trust, work with and hold accountable".

again, you have used the word "trust" when earlier you said that the people who were in the dissolved boards were "trustworthy. why were they removed if they were trustworthy?

could the people in the dissolved boards not be held accountable or could they not work with tinubu ?

remember that you said those same people were competent. if they were, why then can tinubu not build this "empire with the people in the dissolved boards since you said those people are competent and trustworthy?

what do you mean by "it is normally done this way"? what is normally done this way?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by siofragspot: 10:25am On Jun 20, 2023
lexy2014:

were did i say anything about contradiction or not cutting tinubu slack or material? you are the one that made certain claims not tinubu. so its you am asking...

There will always be change, and I think you are seeing the changes by now..

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 10:27am On Jun 20, 2023
siofragspot:

There will always be change, and I think you are seeing the changes by now..

that isnt what i asked you.

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by ogaontop(m): 10:32am On Jun 20, 2023
Mohisah:
Lol, e no concern us o 😂, I gave 10 people Npower slots na so dis woman dey keep dem for 3 months no payment like she no dey get di allocation. Omo di kind call wey dem just dey call me like na me dey in position of Sadiya's office😂

It was like she's placing the funds on 3months fixed deposit for her own gains. Na God knows di best truth sha
The scam in Npower is story for another day!!

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Adesina18111(m): 10:44am On Jun 20, 2023
Lol..maybe yes...but I keep telling people one thing about Tinubu...He has no godfather cos he is the only and over all godfather some of the governors, National Assembly members...so he has no excuse for failure...
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by siofragspot: 10:52am On Jun 20, 2023
lexy2014:

that isnt what i asked you.

what do you mean by "it is normally done this way''? what is normally done this way?

Subsequent Presidents have followed this precedent. Presidents have differed in their opinions as to the utility of appointees or members of the Executive

You ehn. grin

Let me simplify it, you think of a clique in your Secondary school right now grin ,that clearly has one prominent leader. This main leader selects who gets to be part of the clique amongst others. However, once in the clique, the members may have their own opinions and voice them, but it is entirely up to the leader's discretion on whether or not they use their advice. Appointees are similar in that way, where the prominent leader is the President and the appointees members are the clique members.

The appointees serves at the pleasure of the President, meaning that the President can fire them whenever he wants after a President comes into office.

Enjoy your class section wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 10:56am On Jun 20, 2023
GeneralDae:

1. Go and read CBN act.

Yes the act is not clear on whether the president can suspend the CBN Governor or not but only listed conditions for the removal.

Therefore until the act is amended, there is room for the president to exploit this. That means, although CBN is meant to be independent, until the CBN act is amended the president can still suspend the CBN Governor.

2. I believe it was on BAT's instruction but we have no proof and that's the most important thing. BAT can simply say he advised the new acting CBN to float the naira and he took to his advice.

3. I am saying both. Read more about this topic. Also read the speech of the Airtel chairman who recently visited BAT so you get more understanding. Wide naira margins leaves foreign investors confused on how to get back their dollars since it's hard to get dollars back at the CBN rate.

b) The benefits accrued to Nigerians is that with more foreign investments there would be availability of dollars than ever. With availability of dollars, exchange rates become stable. You are then allowed to use your naira card again. If there's no arbitrage, then it means no round tripping for just a few, exporters make money, etc.

4) No one knows yet if it's removal or reduction until we import new products without subsidy. NMPDRA has given 6 licenses at the moment for new importers. When they import and sell to the market at this new exchange rate, then it would be clear. Because we can always compare to international prices.

b) Benefit is that Nigeria may not go broke or become a Sri Lanka anytime soon due to borrowing for what she can't subsidize. If Nigeria doesn't go bankrupt, common man still has hope.

5. Mele Kyari has explained it all 2 weeks ago. Go and do your research.

6. I don't know. You tell me.

1. you are the one who said that there is law. so why cant you quote the what the law says? suspension or removal...what is the difference? if you say that the law says that the president can remove the CBN governor and that the CBN governor is independent yet "when their monetary policies don't align with your fiscal policies, the people still blame you mostly. So you have to take critical decisions", how is that independence?

2. what is the most important thing? if you believe that the CBN acted on tinubus instruction to float the naira, then it contradicts your claim of independence which means that Emefiele didnt need to be sacked before the naira could be floated. when you said you "believe", did you have proof before you believed?

3. you arent talking about both. how is it hard for the foreign investors to get back their dollars at CBN rate? are the foreign investors looking to get back their dollars here in nigeria? is it here that they want to use their dollars?

(b) is there no availability of dollars are people not getting dollars to use at the moment or before the floating of the naira? how much is a dollar now?

4. How can you say "no one knows if it's removal or reduction"?
(b) is it you that doesnt know or "no one" knows? why dont you speak for yourself?
(c) did the government say that "no one knows if it's removal or reduction until we import new products without subsidy"?
(d) who are the "we" you are referring to?
(e) are you saying that all the loan buhari has been borrowing was meant for fuel subsidy?

5. It is my research am doing by asking you these questions. if you say Mele Kyari explained it 2 weeks ago and you were privy to that explanation, then you be able to tell me when did NNPC borrow to import and subsidise fuel and from who did NNPC borrow?

6. so if you dont know when Tinubus predecessors appointed service chiefs, why making it look as tinubu appointing service chiefs is the 9th wonder of the world?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 11:00am On Jun 20, 2023
siofragspot:

Subsequent Presidents have followed this precedent. Presidents have differed in their opinions as to the utility of appointees or members of the Executive

You ehn. grin

Let me simplify it, you think of a clique in your Secondary school right now grin ,that clearly has one prominent leader. This main leader selects who gets to be part of the clique amongst others. However, once in the clique, the members may have their own opinions and voice them, but it is entirely up to the leader's discretion on whether or not they use their advice. Appointees are similar in that way, where the prominent leader is the President and the appointees members are the clique members.

The appointees serves at the pleasure of the President, meaning that the President can fire them whenever he wants after a President comes into office.

Enjoy your class section wink

"Subsequent Presidents"? are there presently subsequent presidents?

how does everything you said answer these questions?

1. again, you have used the word "trust" when earlier you said that the people who were in the dissolved boards were "trustworthy. why were they removed if they were trustworthy?

2. could the people in the dissolved boards not be held accountable or could they not work with tinubu ?

3. remember that you said those same people were competent. if they were, why then can tinubu not build this "empire with the people in the dissolved boards since you said those people are competent and trustworthy?

4. what do you mean by "it is normally done this way''? what is normally done this way?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Amaly: 11:08am On Jun 20, 2023
Does this involve the governing councils of federal universities?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by ufuosman(m): 12:23pm On Jun 20, 2023
Beremx:
Willie Bassey, director of information? Dude has performed more than Lai Mohammed's wasted eight years as minister in just some days. 😎😎
😂😂😂😂😂
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by GeneralDae: 12:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
lexy2014:

1. you are the one who said that there is law. so why cant you quote the what the law says? suspension or removal...what is the difference? if you say that the law says that the president can remove the CBN governor and that the CBN governor is independent yet "when their monetary policies don't align with your fiscal policies, the people still blame you mostly. So you have to take critical decisions", how is that independence?

2. what is the most important thing? if you believe that the CBN acted on tinubus instruction to float the naira, then it contradicts your claim of independence which means that Emefiele didnt need to be sacked before the naira could be floated. when you said you "believe", did you have proof before you believed?

3. you arent talking about both. how is it hard for the foreign investors to get back their dollars at CBN rate? are the foreign investors looking to get back their dollars here in nigeria? is it here that they want to use their dollars?

(b) is there no availability of dollars are people not getting dollars to use at the moment or before the floating of the naira? how much is a dollar now?

4. How can you "no one knows if it's removal or reduction"?
(b) is it you that doesnt know or "no one" knows? why dont you speak for yourself?
(c) did the government say that "no one knows if it's removal or reduction until we import new products without subsidy"?
(d) who are the "we" you are referring to?
(e) are you saying that all the loan buhari has been borrowing was meant for fuel subsidy?

5. It is my research am doing by asking you these questions. if you say Mele Kyari explained it 2 weeks ago and you were privy to that explanation, then you be able to tell me when did NNPC borrow to import and subsidise fuel and from who did NNPC borrow?

6. so if you dont know when Tinubus predecessors appointed service chiefs, why making it look as tinubu appointing service chiefs is the 9th wonder of the world?
It's logical to conclude Emiefele had to be suspended first given how fast the managed floating happened after his suspension.
1. Go and read the CBN act, then come back.

2. Read my previous answer again. You are going in circles. CBN is supposed to be independent but there are loopholes in the CBN act that gives room for such restrictive independence in Nigeria we see today.
I don't have proof BAT told the CBN to do so but it's common sense to believe so or at least to believe they did what he wants.

3. You are going in circles. Learn more about Forex and why multiple exchange rates far apart is not good for foreign investments. I can't teach you everything. Also learn about how the previous system encouraged arbitrage in addition to lesser foreign investments. Check the stock markets as well, and the reduction of foreign investments there since 2021. Compare data and come back to ask me questions. I'll be willing to help.
Airplanes found it hard to get back dollars from CBN at 450 rate.
MTN have been having that problem.
Airtel admitted such issues recently.

b) My answer above would help you on this one.

4) Again, no one knows. We would all know when first stocks are imported for July.
b) Repitition
c) Government don't have to say everything.
d) Needless Repitition
d) We the common people. You and I.
e) NNPC have not been remitting since June 2022 and remitted below standard for a long time now. So maybe Buhari wouldn't have borrowed so much. So indirectly yes.

5) First read up on what Mele said first. I am not Mele. I believe it because it corroborates what Finance Minister also said in January. I don't know who they borrowed from. It's like asking who is Buhari borrowing from or who does Dangote borrow from, etc.

6) It's not the 9th wonder of the world.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Umadam: 12:38pm On Jun 20, 2023
Hatred still lingers in ur dirty heart and will kill u, idiot.
Even if he is not around, his bells will stil jingles... educational illiterate, which angles are u reasoning from?
Everyone is happy for his good work, look at what u are saying, dirty pig.... Nigeria will shall be better and shame on u, dog.

[quote author=PeterObi4Presid < Nigerians, stop being foooled. Stop being fooled by same old wicked leaders. Una no go geh sense?
Let me ask a simple question. Is TINUBU in Nigeria or not? Dint we hear a breaki the news that he was headed to France? So why are we having news upon news that makes it seem Tinubu is around working at the moment
APC has started their media dressing and propaganda. You will be a fool to think this govt is serious abt anything aside getting enough money to loot.
Tinubu is presently sick, he's probably not in the country it's better we all know all these news Na wash.... don't expect anything. Cos these news is just to keep us busy and think a Tinubu will do something
Don't be a foool like the Agbados. Cos thats what APC wants us all to become [/quote]
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Godsplan89: 12:41pm On Jun 20, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
Dear Nigerians, stop being foooled. Stop being fooled by same old wicked leaders. Una no go geh sense?
Let me ask a simple question. Is TINUBU in Nigeria or not? Dint we hear a breaki the news that he was headed to France? So why are we having news upon news that makes it seem Tinubu is around working at the moment
APC has started their media dressing and propaganda. You will be a fool to think this govt is serious abt anything aside getting enough money to loot.
Tinubu is presently sick, he's probably not in the country it's better we all know all these news Na wash.... don't expect anything. Cos these news is just to keep us busy and think a Tinubu will do something
Don't be a foool like the Agbados. Cos thats what APC wants us all to become
you are a big fool, the same Tinubu that met with Bill Gates and Dangote yesterday is not in Nigeria, your gullibility ain't from this planet. Clown 🤡
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 2:08pm On Jun 20, 2023
GeneralDae:

1. Go and read the CBN act, then come back.

2. Read my previous answer again. You are going in circles. CBN is supposed to be independent but there are loopholes in the CBN act that gives room for such restrictive independence in Nigeria we see today.
I don't have proof BAT told the CBN to do so but it's common sense to believe so or at least to believe they did what he wants.

3. You are going in circles. Learn more about Forex and why multiple exchange rates far apart is not good for foreign investments. I can't teach you everything. Also learn about how the previous system encouraged arbitrage in addition to lesser foreign investments. Check the stock markets as well, and the reduction of foreign investments there since 2021. Compare data and come back to ask me questions. I'll be willing to help.
Airplanes found it hard to get back dollars from CBN at 450 rate.
MTN have been having that problem.
Airtel admitted such issues recently.

b) My answer above would help you on this one.

4) Again, no one knows. We would all know when first stocks are imported for July.
b) Repitition
c) Government don't have to say everything.
d) Needless Repitition
d) We the common people. You and I.
e) NNPC have not been remitting since June 2022 and remitted below standard for a long time now. So maybe Buhari wouldn't have borrowed so much. So indirectly yes.

5) First read up on what Mele said first. I am not Mele. I believe it because it corroborates what Finance Minister also said in January. I don't know who they borrowed from. It's like asking who is Buhari borrowing from or who does Dangote borrow from, etc.

6) It's not the 9th wonder of the world.

1. since you read the CBN act, why cant you answer the question....if you say that the law says that the president can remove the CBN governor and that the CBN governor is independent yet "when their monetary policies don't align with your fiscal policies, the people still blame you mostly. So you have to take critical decisions", how is that independence?

2. if you dont have proof, how then do you believe that the CBN floated forex on instruction from tinubu? if you believe that is what happened, then how was Emefieles suspension now needed to float forex?

3. where is the circles? since you have read everything concerning stocks and you have compared all the data, then my questions should be a walk over. i dint ask you who couldnt get dollars. I asked how is it hard for the foreign investors to get back their dollars at CBN rate? are the foreign investors looking to get back their dollars here in nigeria? is it here that they want to use their dollars?

(b) your previous response doesnt do justice to the question. is there no availability of dollars are people not getting dollars to use at the moment or before the floating of the naira? yes or no. how much is a dollar now?

4. How can you say "no one knows if it's removal or reduction"?
(b) repitition because you havent answered the question... is it you that doesnt know or "no one" knows? yes or no
why dont you speak for yourself?
(c) if government doesnt have to say everything, why are you referring me to what Kyari and Zainab said about NNPC borrowing money?
did the government say that "no one knows if it's removal or reduction until we import new products without subsidy"?
(d) do you and I and the common people import fuel? who are the "we" you are referring to?
(e) which one is "indirectly yes"? indirectly in what way?

5. if you know what Mele said corroborated what Zainab said, then theres no need for to read what you have already read. it is just for you to tell me what they said with regards my question...when did NNPC borrow money to import fuel and subsidise fuel and from who did they borrow?

6. i thought it was because you said "Rejigging of security architecture in 3 weeks is a good sign. It means no time to waste. Hit the ground running."
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by complexstuffs(m): 5:46pm On Jun 20, 2023
discusant:

Nobody who is mentally healthy will sideline all the presidential materials in Nigeria but goes for Tinubu to become president of his/her country.
Those who sidelined healthy and cleaner Osinbajo but put Tinubu with Shettima as VP have intention for a president Shettima shortly, I understand this; you don't have the mental capacity to understand this.

Na wa ooo... See as IPOB just dey foam for mouth.

You go dey alright las las
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by discusant: 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2023
complexstuffs:

Na wa ooo... See as IPOB just dey foam for mouth.

You go dey alright las las

You go for IPOB. The last answer from a retardd.
You are most likely to be a member of Yoruba Nation/Oduduwa Republic agitation group; a group sponsored by Tinubu as Plan B if Arewa fails to hand power over to him.
Or you may be from one of the 12 Sharia states of Northern Nigeria whose leaders adopted unconstitutional Islamic sharia criminal laws and drew a boundary for an Arewa Islamic Republic for the sharia states.

IPOB kee you there.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by complexstuffs(m): 6:51pm On Jun 20, 2023
discusant:

You go for IPOB. The last answer from a retardd.
You are most likely to be a member of Yoruba Nation/Oduduwa Republic agitation group; a group sponsored by Tinubu as Plan B if Arewa fails to hand power over to him.
Or you may be from one of the 12 Sharia states of Northern Nigeria whose leaders adopted unconstitutional Islamic sharia criminal laws and drew a boundary for an Arewa Islamic Republic for the sharia states.

IPOB kee you there.

It's very normal for IPOB to display their usual characters of foaming at the mouth and rolling on the floor from ENVY and JEALOUSY.

If you kee yasef due to envy, we no go miss you
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by discusant: 6:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
complexstuffs:

It's very normal for IPOB to display their usual characters of foaming at the mouth and rolling on the floor from ENVY and JEALOUSY.

If you kee yasef due to envy, we no go miss you

Envy you over what? You got an octogenarian cocaine pusher from your ethno-religious group as leader of the country. You must be high on Oshogbo weed.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by complexstuffs(m): 8:36pm On Jun 20, 2023
discusant:

Envy you over what? You got an octogenarian cocaine pusher from your ethno-religious group as leader of the country. You must be high on Oshogbo weed.

Your tears are delicious grin..

Keep it coming...
After I've drank to my satisfaction, I go take the remaining baff grin
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Fujiyama: 8:42pm On Jun 20, 2023
membranus:
The unbelieving, nay sayer antagonists have always exist from the beginning of history and will continue to do so till the end. No matter what good thing you do, or planning to do they will find reasons to misreport it. So your's is no exception.

^^^
undecided

Predictable.

You cannot fault my argument. Your only option is to brand me a naysayer or antagonist or whatever the epithet of the week is.

Roll on.

membranus:
Therefore keep on hating, keep on spewing out spurious articles to discredit him, Tinubu will surprise you yet, and that very soon.

^^^
grin

Yet more overly emotional language.

Your principal is only a man. You may not like it but he has weaknesses and deficiencies - just like any other man born of a woman. If pointing out this simple fact is a 'hate' crime then I am guilty as charged - and I make absolutely no apologies for that.

He will be held accountable. That's the way it should be.

Whether you like it or not. wink
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by GeneralDae: 8:47pm On Jun 20, 2023
discusant:

Thesame Osibanjo you speak so beautifully about worked for Tinubu and was part of Tinubu's team. If Tinubu is as bad as you think how did he work with great talents like Osibanjo as the leader? Think about it.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Fujiyama: 9:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
MeineMutter:
Security is more strategic than subsidy removal. We need to keep insurgency under checks so that farmers can return to farms quickly to ease food prices and lessen the effect of subsidy removal. Upon all trillions of Naira thrown at them by Bubu, they achieved less than 2% of set target security objectives.

^^^
I didn't touch on security but since you've mentioned it...

The whole country is waiting to see what this administration will do to actually to fix the security problem. In your own words, the last administration's security performance was abysmal. Which of course raises the question of why Nigerians voted the same party back into power - even with this glaring incompetence? undecided

But enough of that. We will see over the short to medium term whether this administration has the answers (security wise) or not.

MeineMutter:
Trust me: it’s too early. The subsidy he removed is more of administrative task than security issues. It’s not included in the budget already approved by last administration. There’s nowhere Tinubu will get money to fund subsidy beyond June.

^^^
I'm not sure what you mean by 'administrative task'...

Let's even take the removal of 'fuel subsidy' as inevitable. It has been done. A reversal is all but impossible right now.

What I can assure you is that you will not get the same single minded, laser like focus in killing the waste and rot in Nigeria's public sector. It is not a matter of it being 'too early'. The will simply isn't there - because there is an alignment of interests between this administration and crooked public sector employees.

Mark my words.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by MeineMutter: 3:58pm On Jun 21, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
I didn't touch on security but since you've mentioned it...

The whole country is waiting to see what this administration will do to actually to fix the security problem. In your own words, the last administration's security performance was abysmal. Which of course raises the question of why Nigerians voted the same party back into power - even with this glaring incompetence? undecided

But enough of that. We will see over the short to medium term whether this administration has the answers (security wise) or not.

^^^
I'm not sure what you mean by 'administrative task'...

Let's even take the removal of 'fuel subsidy' as inevitable. It has been done. A reversal is all but impossible right now.

What I can assure you is that you will not get the same single minded, laser like focus in killing the waste and rot in Nigeria's public sector. It is not a matter of it being 'too early'. The will simply isn't there - because there is an alignment of interests between the administration and public sector employees.

Mark my words.

Trust me, and in fairness to them, it’s too early. I am not defending them.

We need to give them some months to see how they would start.

For the admin task, I mean it’s a routine. Subsidy office already has processes in place and accounting entries they pass. Once subsidy is removed, they stop all processes hay have to do with subsidy administration. But for security, it’s dynamic.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Fujiyama: 9:38pm On Jul 01, 2023
MeineMutter:

Let’s still give him time. He is barely a month on the throne. He has to study the report, consult and listen to advices before he could go ahead. Don’t forget he wasn’t the president when the report was submitted.

Even GEJ and Obasanjo that had a combination of 14 years to implement various conference reports didn’t do so and nobody nailed them.

So, let’s wait. It’s still too early because some of the reports could have been outdated and need fine-tuning.

^^^
I mentioned 40 vehicle convoys in the post you quoted on this thread. I was surprised by how prescient that comment turned out to be - barely 2 weeks later, the man was in the news for (by some accounts) a 120 vehicle convoy - after landing in Lagos for Sallah. undecided

The dispute by supporters and critics over how many of the vehicles were for the presidential motorcade is irrelevant. That convoy had governors, the NSA, ministers, party big wigs etc. The point is that the vehicle costs, security and admin personnel costs, fuel costs, maintenance & logistics costs etc. will still come from the public purse. This is one of the key reasons why Nigeria is poor.

Some wise person said you can't give what you don't have. Nigeria's current president is no different from his predecessors - he simply lacks the personal depth of character to lead by example in these difficult times. He is a true believer in the "rules for thee but not for me" school. While he continues to dismantle social safety nets for the most vulnerable, not a kobo (and I mean not one kobo) will be shaved off the perks that Nigeria's public sector Brahmins consider to be theirs by right.

Business as usual.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by MeineMutter: 12:28am On Jul 02, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
I mentioned 40 vehicle convoys in the post you quoted on this thread. I was surprised by how prescient that comment turned out to be - barely 2 weeks later, the man was in the news for (by some accounts) a 120 vehicle convoy - after landing in Lagos for Sallah. undecided

The dispute by supporters and critics over how many of the vehicles were for the presidential motorcade is irrelevant. That convoy had governors, the NSA, ministers, party big wigs etc. The point is that the vehicle costs, security and admin personnel costs, fuel costs, maintenance & logistics costs etc. will still come from the public purse. This is one of the key reasons why Nigeria is poor.

Some wise person said you can't give what you don't have. Nigeria's current president is no different from his predecessors - he simply lacks the personal depth of character to lead by example in these difficult times. He is a true believer in the "rules for thee but not for me" school. While he continues to dismantle social safety nets for the most vulnerable, not a kobo (and I mean not one kobo) will be shaved off the perks that Nigeria's public sector Brahmins consider to be theirs by right.

Business as usual.

Honestly, I have not watched the video for up to 20 seconds but I guess what you saw was just a one-off thing. Those entourage you saw were not from presidential fleet. They were full of South-west political class’ vehicles and those of lobbyists and well wishers.

Let’s leave sentiment out of it, how long do you think a 120-convoy would be each time a president is going? That was to tell you that what you saw on that clip was like an home-coming welcome party for their ‘son’ and to ‘pepper’ APC’s perceived enemies - both at regional and national levels.

I repeat it, all those vehicles were not from presidential fleet. Most of them are from Southwest governors, senators etc.
south-west has 9 states, when Kwara and Kogi are included.

One check we way carry out is to watch, closely, plate numbers of those vehicles. They do not carry presidency’s plate numbers.
You can check out some of them on https://askniid.org/verifypolicy.aspx , to know know more about the vehicle’s insurance policy.

Who knows; Tinubu’s loyalists may want to break Obasanjo’s records or break his backbone by arranging such convoy to spike him because I heard Tinubu was in Egba land but he didn’t visit OBJ.

I still maintain my stand: let’s watch Tinubu more closely. It is too early. It takes up to a year and a half before you can start assessing or comparing a president’s performances.

He just inherited a very large office and complex country. He would first of all use what he meets on ground before fine-tuning things.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos: Military prepared to take on massive aggressive APC supporters in Rivers / Femi Adesina In Igbo Attire, Spotted With Buhari Aboard Air Force Jet 001 / Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.