Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies (57455 Views)

Wike Sacks 21 Heads Of FCTA Agencies, Parastatals / FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals / Boards Have No Power To Suspend Ceos Of Parastatals, Says SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 7:31am On Jun 20, 2023
siofragspot:

I believe they were. But its always like this atleast most of the time when a new government comes in, they replace appointees. It seems you have special interest in the dissolution of this members. I am sorry if any of your relative(s) is affected.

We all want Nigeria on the path of progress.

if you are saying that the previous board members of agencies and parastatals were trustworthy and competent, how come you previously said that the reason tinubu dissolved boards of parastatals and agencies is so that he can "hire" competent people he can trust?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by dquantum21: 7:33am On Jun 20, 2023
I am beginning to like this man. May he continue this way and may God help him carry the burden of this country.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by GeneralDae: 7:36am On Jun 20, 2023
lexy2014:

1. if this isnt the first time a CBN governor has been suspended and it is a big decision, what is big about this decision and what is makes it special?

2. Probably in what way? kindly explain

3. what is "forex subsidy"? which "foreign players/investors" are you talking about? what have foreign players/investors got to do with forex and its floatation? what is round tripping and how will round tripping be reduced?

4. you have to be clear. was fuel subsidy removed or was it reduced which one?
was there no wind of change under buhari? what is the significance of not having the same fuel subsidy in april?

5. did NNPC ever borrow to import fuel or to subsidize? when did NNPC do that and from who did NNPC borrow?

6. what is good about appointing service chiefs "this fast"?
pls how long did it take Tinubus successors to appoint new service chiefs?

1. CBN Governor is meant to be independent but when their monetary policies don't align with your fiscal policies, the people still blame you mostly. So you have to take critical decisions.

2. It's logical to conclude Emiefele had to be suspended first given how fast the managed floating happened after his suspension.

3. Forex subsidy is what Emiefele has been doing. Inputing millions of dollars every week into the market to keep that wide CBN rate at 460 naira. Foreign investors now know how much profit they would take back home after investing. Look at Airlines for instance with trapped money.

4. We would only know if it was removed or reduced by next month. But a change has certainly occurred.

5. Former finance minister zainab made it clear in January that NNPC has been borrowing to fund fuel subsidy. NNPC says they are owing 2.8 trillion naira and they haven't remitted to Government koffers since June 2022.

6. It's a good sign that shows preparedness.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by complexstuffs(m): 7:39am On Jun 20, 2023
discusant:

Tinubu wants to use the short time he has to tell Igbos that he dislikes them to the bones.
Even Buhari was no as vindictive.
The Igbo will continue to oppose a religious political party which made Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬ become the poverty capital of the world. Tinubu can go to Satan with his political appointments; who is the Igbo that cares? The huge opposition against APC ethno-religious political party made Buhari fail woefully.

Get well soon
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 20, 2023
Beremx:
Willie Bassey, director of information? Dude has performed more than Lai Mohammed's wasted eight years as minister in just some days. 😎😎
Howdy!
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Allisgud: 7:40am On Jun 20, 2023
Tinubu should appoint buba Marwa efccc chairman,let's see if he will perform what he did on druggies on looters
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by arsenal33: 7:40am On Jun 20, 2023
SmartPolician:
That's what he should have done long ago!
Long ago?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by membranus: 7:50am On Jun 20, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
He acted immediately on 'fuel subsidy'. He didn't wait to get advice, study any reports or engage in any consultations. Okay, fair enough. The question now is whether we will see the same urgency of purpose in stopping the waste and graft in the public sector. That's going to be a lot harder to do and sadly, he doesn't have the sincerity and integrity to see it through to the bitter end.

^^^
These are yesterday's men - nobody is talking about these failed administrations any more. And you are dead wrong about their being let off easy as far as report implementation is concerned. A search on this very platform will confirm this.

^^^
grin

The sad thing is that far too many will actually take your advice and choose death by installment. 'Let's wait'? 'It's still too early?' OK. grin

This administration has its sights set on the most vulnerable members of society and they will bear the brunt of policy choices made - because they are an easy target. Its far, far easier to remove 'fuel subsidy' than it is to reform MDAs and trim a bloated public sector.

I predict a net transfer of wealth from low income groups to the so-called 'one percenters' over the life of this administration. The signs are there.

The unbelieving, nay sayer antagonists have always exist from the beginning of history and will continue to do so till the end. No matter what good thing you do, or planning to do they will find reasons to misreport it. So your's is no exception.

Therefore keep on hating, keep on spewing out spurious articles to discredit him, Tinubu will surprise you yet, and that very soon.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Khyrvxjzy: 7:52am On Jun 20, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
Dear Nigerians, stop being foooled. Stop being fooled by same old wicked leaders. Una no go geh sense?
Let me ask a simple question. Is TINUBU in Nigeria or not? Dint we hear a breaki the news that he was headed to France? So why are we having news upon news that makes it seem Tinubu is around working at the moment
APC has started their media dressing and propaganda. You will be a fool to think this govt is serious abt anything aside getting enough money to loot.
Tinubu is presently sick, he's probably not in the country it's better we all know all these news Na wash.... don't expect anything. Cos these news is just to keep us busy and think a Tinubu will do something
Don't be a foool like the Agbados. Cos thats what APC wants us all to become

bro this technique is not working again
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Cassandraloius: 7:54am On Jun 20, 2023
And fuel is still expensive?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Larrydeko2987: 7:59am On Jun 20, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
Dear Nigerians, stop being foooled. Stop being fooled by same old wicked leaders. Una no go geh sense?
Let me ask a simple question. Is TINUBU in Nigeria or not? Dint we hear a breaki the news that he was headed to France? So why are we having news upon news that makes it seem Tinubu is around working at the moment
APC has started their media dressing and propaganda. You will be a fool to think this govt is serious abt anything aside getting enough money to loot.
Tinubu is presently sick, he's probably not in the country it's better we all know all these news Na wash.... don't expect anything. Cos these news is just to keep us busy and think a Tinubu will do something

Go get a life! Child of HATE

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Icon4s(m): 8:00am On Jun 20, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:
Wonderful...

PLEASE NO IGBOS IN THIS GOVERNMENT. LET US GO BACK HOME.
Continue to live in self denial
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Bigkoko: 8:04am On Jun 20, 2023
Good moves President Tinubu. Even though i oppose your govt; largely believed to be a nullity, i really appreciate these bold sweeping changes. My opposition to you is a matter of Principle, not hatred, not bad wishes. Make you make Nigerians happy in your short lived govt!
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 8:08am On Jun 20, 2023
GeneralDae:

1. CBN Governor is meant to be independent but when their monetary policies don't align with your fiscal policies, the people still blame you mostly. So you have to take critical decisions.

2. It's logical to conclude Emiefele had to be suspended first given how fast the managed floating happened after his suspension.

3. Forex subsidy is what Emiefele has been doing. Inputing millions of dollars every week into the market to keep that wide CBN rate at 460 naira. Foreign investors now know how much profit they would take back home after investing. Look at Airlines for instance with trapped money.

4. We would only know if it was removed or reduced by next month. But a change has certainly occurred.

5. Foreign minister zainab made it clear in April, NNPC has been borrowing to fund fuel subsidy. NNPC says they are owing 2.8 trillion naira and they haven't remitted to Government koffers since June 2022.

6. It's a good sign that shows preparedness.

1. if you say that the CBN governor is meant to eb idependent and then you justify his suspension by saying "when their monetary policies don't align with your fiscal policies, the people still blame you mostly. So you have to take critical decisions", how is that independence?

2. on whose instruction was the naira floated after the CBN governor was suspended?

3. what has Foreign investors now know how much profit they would take back home after investing got to do with forex
what benefit has accrued to nigerians as a result of floatation of forex?

4. its not a question of "we would know". it is you. there is no "we" except you have no idea what you talking about. is it removal or is it reduction you have to be clear?
what benefit has accrued to nigerians as a result of the removal of fuel subsidy?

5. "Foreign minister zainab...". when did Zainab become foreign minister? you claimed NNPC borrowed to import and subsidise fuel. when did NNPC do that and from who did NNPC borrow?

6. pls how long did it take Tinubus successors to appoint new service chiefs?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 8:09am On Jun 20, 2023
Bigkoko:
Good moves President Tinubu. Even though i oppose your govt; largely believed to be a nullity, i really appreciate these bold sweeping changes. My opposition to you is a matter of Principle, not hatred, not bad wishes. Make you make Nigerians happy in your short lived govt!

what will nigerians gain from this "good moves"?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by ogaontop(m): 8:24am On Jun 20, 2023
Mohisah:

Malami is not a major prob compared to Humanitarian Minister, Sadiya Umar. That woman suppose dey on detention since
The woman is Aisha Buhari's direct purse o
She's directly accountable to her, any attempt on her is an attack on Buhari's family!
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Mohisah: 8:35am On Jun 20, 2023
ogaontop:

The woman is Aisha Buhari's direct purse o
She's directly accountable to her, any attempt on her is an attack on Buhari's family!
Lol, e no concern us o πŸ˜‚, I gave 10 people Npower slots na so dis woman dey keep dem for 3 months no payment like she no dey get di allocation. Omo di kind call wey dem just dey call me like na me dey in position of Sadiya's officeπŸ˜‚

It was like she's placing the funds on 3months fixed deposit for her own gains. Na God knows di best truth sha

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by shegra58: 8:35am On Jun 20, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:

Aiye lo ma baje
Oloriburuku
Emi lo pe ni Omo Ibo? Ko ni daa fun e

Imagine the rubbish u typed...oloshi
; grin angry grin E pain am

Oya cry I wan drink your tears cheesy
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Beremx(f): 8:44am On Jun 20, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:

Howdy!
I am good, you?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by charlizonto: 8:45am On Jun 20, 2023
I dunno how all these hiring and firing appointments affects a common man trying to earn a decent living

What is our gain if I may ask ?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by shortgun(m): 8:47am On Jun 20, 2023
Mumu people, is this not the same thing Buhari did when he newly became president.

Of what value is this action if not to fill the positions with cronies and reward party members with appointments.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 20, 2023
Very good, reduce overhead costs, most of these agencies are just funnels of waste for Nigeria.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by kingsmaila(m): 9:07am On Jun 20, 2023
May God help PBAT

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Xammie001(m): 9:09am On Jun 20, 2023
Weldon for your observation, but Mr President is still around and he's doing well and he will be travelling soon

PeterObi4Presid:
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by GeneralDae: 9:10am On Jun 20, 2023
lexy2014:

1. if you say that the CBN governor is meant to eb idependent and then you justify his suspension by saying "when their monetary policies don't align with your fiscal policies, the people still blame you mostly. So you have to take critical decisions", how is that independence?

2. on whose instruction was the naira floated after the CBN governor was suspended?

3. what has Foreign investors now know how much profit they would take back home after investing got to do with forex
what benefit has accrued to nigerians as a result of floatation of forex?

4. its not a question of "we would know". it is you. there is no "we" except you have no idea what you talking about. is it removal or is it reduction you have to be clear?
what benefit has accrued to nigerians as a result of the removal of fuel subsidy?

5. "Foreign minister zainab...". when did Zainab become foreign minister? you claimed NNPC borrowed to import and subsidise fuel. when did NNPC do that and from who did NNPC borrow?

6. pls how long did it take Tinubus successors to appoint new service chiefs?

1. Since the law is vague on suspension, if I were the president I would also do what BAT has done.

2. Doesn't matter. Officially naira was floated by the CBN. That's all that matters.

3. You are repeating questions. When you have one rate at 460 and another at 720, the gap is too wide giving room for arbitrage. Those who send dollars to Nigeria and are supposed to get it at the CBN rate have problems. Some people buy at 450 naira and sell at 750 naira. This is common sense and I don't know why you are repeating these questions. Do your research.

4. We don't know because the oil marketers would start importing from next month and most likely at this new exchange rate. If it remains 560 naira then it's likely there's still slight subsidy. If it increases then it means truly no subsidy at all. I favour 20% subsidy to leave it at 450-500 naira no matter what.

5. Auto correct. I meant to say Finance Minister Zainab. I'm sure you know but you are grasping at straws now.
NNPC made it clear they have been borrowing. Mele Kyari in his interview said they are almost defaulting and there's a 2.8 trillion naira debt. Do your research man.

6. I don't understand this question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by siofragspot: 9:18am On Jun 20, 2023
lexy2014:

if you are saying that the previous board members of agencies and parastatals were trustworthy and competent, how come you previously said that the reason tinubu dissolved boards of parastatals and agencies is so that he can "hire" competent people he can trust?

More so, there are many more other competent and trusted individuals he could work with but, he is building his 'own empire' with people he can trust, work with and hold accountable. Com'on its normally done this way. What don't you understand.

Adesina18111:
Like play like play this man dey win my heart oo but I still dey observe sha...at least he looks and seems prepared for the job...no time to check time...action left and right

You must be a realist?! wink

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 9:32am On Jun 20, 2023
GeneralDae:

1. Since the law is vague on suspension, if I were the president I would also do what BAT has done.

2. Doesn't matter. Officially naira was floated by the CBN. That's all that matters.

3. You are repeating questions. When you have one rate at 460 and another at 720, the gap is too wide giving room for arbitrage. Those who send dollars to Nigeria and are supposed to get it at the CBN rate have problems. Some people buy at 450 naira and sell at 750 naira. This is common sense and I don't know why you are repeating these questions. Do your research.

4. We don't know because the oil marketers would start importing from next month and most likely at this new exchange rate. If it remains 560 naira then it's likely there's still slight subsidy. If it increases then it means truly no subsidy at all. I favour 20% subsidy to leave it at 450-500 naira no matter what.

5. Auto correct. I meant to say Finance Minister Zainab. I'm sure you know but you are grasping at straws now.
NNPC made it clear they have been borrowing. Mele Kyari in his interview said they are almost defaulting and there's a 2.8 trillion naira debt. Do your research man.

6. I don't understand this question.

1. which law is there on suspension that you say is vague? can you quote the law? i didnt ask you about you would have done if you were tinubu. i asked if you say that the CBN governor is meant to eb idependent and then you justify his suspension by saying "when their monetary policies don't align with your fiscal policies, the people still blame you mostly. So you have to take critical decisions", how is that independence?

2. that is not all that matters. if you claim that Emefiele had to be suspended before floating of the naira could be done, then on whose instruction was the naira floated after the CBN governor was suspended?

3. what has that got to do with foreign investors? earlier you said it is about much they arent able to repatriate back home. now you are saying it is about "Those who send dollars to Nigeria and are supposed to get it at the CBN rate have problems.". which one are you saying?

(b)meanwhile, what benefits have accrued to nigerians with the floating of the naira?

4. I didnt ask you about when oil marketers will start importing and I didnt ask to state the reason for anything. this are my questions...its not a question of "we would know". it is YOU. there is no "we" except YOU have no idea what you talking about. is it removal or is it reduction? you have to be clear.

(b)what benefit has accrued to nigerians as a result of the removal of fuel subsidy?

5. based on your research, how does that answer the question...when did NNPC borrow to import and subsidise fuel and from who did NNPC borrow?

6. pls how long did it take Tinubus predecessors to appoint new service chiefs?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 20, 2023
Beremx:
I am good, you?
Great.
Just wanted to say Hi. Have a great day!

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by MeineMutter: 9:39am On Jun 20, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
He acted immediately on 'fuel subsidy'. He didn't wait to get advice, study any reports or engage in any consultations. Okay, fair enough. The question now is whether we will see the same urgency of purpose in stopping the waste and graft in the public sector. That's going to be a lot harder to do and sadly, he doesn't have the sincerity and integrity to see it through to the bitter end.

^^^
These are yesterday's men - nobody is talking about these failed administrations any more. And you are dead wrong about their being let off easy as far as report implementation is concerned. A search on this very platform will confirm this.

^^^
grin

The sad thing is that far too many will actually take your advice and choose death by installment. 'Let's wait'? 'It's still too early?' OK. grin

This administration has its sights set on the most vulnerable members of society and they will bear the brunt of policy choices made - because they are an easy target. Its far, far easier to remove 'fuel subsidy' than it is to reform MDAs and trim a bloated public sector.

I predict a net transfer of wealth from low income groups to the so-called 'one percenters' over the life of this administration. The signs are there.

Trust me: it’s too early. The subsidy he removed is more of administrative task than security issues. It’s not included in the budget already approved by last administration. There’s nowhere Tinubu will get money to fund subsidy beyond June.

Security is more strategic than subsidy removal.
We need to keep insurgency under checks so that farmers can return to farms quickly to ease food prices and lessen the effect of subsidy removal.
None of those security heads was there less than two years (if I am right) and we have seen that they were there just wearing khakis up and down and carrying women.

Upon all trillions of Naira thrown at them by Bubu, they achieved less than 2% of set target security objectives.

I would like EFCC to investigate all of them. They have stolen Nigeria bend 😁😁.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 9:40am On Jun 20, 2023
siofragspot:

More so, there are many more other competent and trusted individuals he could work with but, he is building his 'own empire' with people he can trust, work with and hold accountable. Com'on its normally done this way. What don't you understand.
You must be a realist?! wink

you are saying "he is building his 'own empire' with people he can trust, work with and hold accountable".

again, you have used the word "trust" when earlier you said that the people who were in the dissolved boards were "trustworthy. why were they removed if they were trustworthy?

could the people in the dissolved boards not be held accountable or could they not work with tinubu ?

remember that you said those same people were competent. if they were, why then can tinubu not build this "empire with the people in the dissolved boards since you said those people are competent and trustworthy?

what do you mean by "it is normally done this way"? what is normally done this way?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by eddynaira125: 9:42am On Jun 20, 2023
Tofax:
The North seems to have 11 appointees, the South West has 9 appointees, and South East 1, and South-South 1. That is fairness and equity?

That means north have 11 and south is still 11

So keep quiet

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by favor914: 9:59am On Jun 20, 2023
Beremx:
Willie Bassey, director of information? Dude has performed more than Lai Mohammed's wasted eight years as minister in just some days. 😎😎
Lai Mohammed, The ipob slayer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

BREAKING: Buhari Won Niger In A Landslide / Who Is The Founder Of Labour Party In Nigeria? / Senator Mohammed Kabiru Jibril Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.