Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,427 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies (57459 Views)

Wike Sacks 21 Heads Of FCTA Agencies, Parastatals / FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals / Boards Have No Power To Suspend Ceos Of Parastatals, Says SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Fujiyama: 5:37am On Jun 20, 2023
Theomarvelus:
it takes seconds to demolish, but days to rebuild, we have been enduring all this while, just relax and follow the trend, renew hope...💪💪

^^^
grin

You understand your countrymen all right, I'll give you that.

Endurance is their forte.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by allthingsgood: 5:40am On Jun 20, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:
Wonderful...

PLEASE NO IGBOS IN THIS GOVERNMENT. LET US GO BACK HOME.

Eluupee grin
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by SpecialAdviser(m): 6:04am On Jun 20, 2023
blowjohn:

He has hit the ground running.
He has taken more decisions in the last few weeks, more than buhari took in his first 6 months.
Hit the ground running on what base? What are the decisions? Do you still remember all Buhari decisions? You need to revert to Jonathan decisions in early days in office. He still failed. Buhari decisions in early days, he still failed. Every presidents takes decisions when they enter office. It's too early to judge Tinubu my man. Wait after some years. All these are mere propagandas.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by yahmohy27: 6:10am On Jun 20, 2023
PeterObi4Presid:
Dear Nigerians, stop being foooled. Stop being fooled by same old wicked leaders. Una no go geh sense?
Let me ask a simple question. Is TINUBU in Nigeria or not? Dint we hear a breaki the news that he was headed to France? So why are we having news upon news that makes it seem Tinubu is around working at the moment
APC has started their media dressing and propaganda. You will be a fool to think this govt is serious abt anything aside getting enough money to loot.
Tinubu is presently sick, he's probably not in the country it's better we all know all these news Na wash.... don't expect anything. Cos these news is just to keep us busy and think a Tinubu will do something
Don't be a foool like the Agbados. Cos thats what APC wants us all to become
What's this one saying
Please ,go and sleep back
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by ejembi28(m): 6:14am On Jun 20, 2023
Adesina18111:
Like play like play this man dey win my heart oo but I still dey observe sha...at least he looks and seems prepared for the job...no time to check time...action left and right
I dey tell you

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 6:16am On Jun 20, 2023
siofragspot:
President Hitting it right on the spot.

Keep firing on all cylinders...

how will dissolving boards of parastatals and agencies move nigeria forward?

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 6:17am On Jun 20, 2023
blowjohn:

He has hit the ground running.
He has taken more decisions in the last few weeks, more than buhari took in his first 6 months.

how has he hit the ground running?

what decisions has in the last few weeks that suggest that he has hit the ground running?

are all his receiving visitors part of his "hitting the ground running"?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 6:20am On Jun 20, 2023
abefeabebi:
Baba really mean business,may God see him through

means business in what way?

is this the first time a president will dissolve boards of agencies and parastatals?

dont governors do it al the time?

what is the benefit that will accrue to nigerians as a result of the dissolution?

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by GeneralDae: 6:21am On Jun 20, 2023
lexy2014:

how has he hit the ground running?

what decisions has in the last few weeks that suggest that he has hit the ground running?

are all his receiving visitors part of his "hitting the ground running"?
CBN Governor suspension to allow for exchange rate managed floatation.

Removal/reduction of fuel subsidy.

Rejigging of the security architecture within 3 weeks.

and counting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Chemicalsolo: 6:21am On Jun 20, 2023
Oga stop being a hater. I voted Obi and prayed he gets there, but the way the Igbos are behaving is funny. I regret not voting BAT. This man is working day and night and he is in the country. Yes he is going on a national assignment to France and if he chooses to see his medical doctors then what. Allow him. What he has done in just 2 weeks is more than what Buhari did in 8 years.

Stop praying for the fall of our country pls. Good morning
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by WorkaholicB(m): 6:21am On Jun 20, 2023
Anywhere this government is going I pray it blesses the common man on the street. I also pray that my fellow youths who have developed themselves for the task of leadership be uplifted.
Any one that has connect should please help me. I really need a job.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 6:21am On Jun 20, 2023
TemplarLandry:
This includes the board of the fraudulent Nigerian Air that Sirika formed about a month ago.
Tinubu is working.💜
Nigeria will be great again.
#RenewedHope.

what has tinubu done that he is working

how is nigerian air fraudulent

are you saying that the buhari administration was fraudulent
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 6:22am On Jun 20, 2023
WorkaholicB:
Anywhere this government is going I pray it blesses the common man on the street. I also pray that my fellow youths who have developed themselves for the task of leadership be uplifted.
Any one that has connect should please help me. I really need a job.

in developed countries, nobody prays for the government activities to bless the common man.

if you believed so much in your prayer, you would have said a prayer for yourself. you pray to God for nigeria and for the youths but you beg for job from men instead of praying to God

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 6:25am On Jun 20, 2023
Chemicalsolo:
Oga stop being a hater. I voted Obi and prayed he gets there, but the way the Igbos are behaving is funny. I regret not voting BAT. This man is working day and night and he is in the country. Yes he is going on a national assignment to France and if he chooses to see his medical doctors then what. Allow him. What he has done in just 2 weeks is more than what Buhari did in 8 years.

Stop praying for the fall of our country pls. Good morning

which work is tinubu working that we havent seen in the history of nigeria

so pls explain how what tinubu did in two weeks took buhari 8years to do

2 Likes

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 6:30am On Jun 20, 2023
GeneralDae:

CBN Governor suspension to allow for exchange rate managed floatation.

Removal/reduction of fuel subsidy.

Rejigging of the security architecture within 3 weeks.

and counting.

is this the first time in the history of nigeria that a CBN governor is suspended?

did Emefiele need to be suspended before exchange rate could be floated?

why was Emefiele arrested? what is his crime?

pls what is the benefit that will accrue to nigerians as a result of this floatation?

you arent even sure whether fuel subsidy was removed or reduced. if you arent sure, how then are you listing it as something tinubu has done?

what have nigerians gained from this fuel subsidy "Removal/reduction"?

what is special about "Rejigging of the security architecture" has it never happened before in nigeria?

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Fujiyama: 6:43am On Jun 20, 2023
MeineMutter:
Let’s still give him time. He is barely a month on the throne. He has to study the report, consult and listen to advices before he could go ahead. Don’t forget he wasn’t the president when the report was submitted.

^^^
He acted immediately on 'fuel subsidy'. He didn't wait to get advice, study any reports or engage in any consultations. Okay, fair enough. The question now is whether we will see the same urgency of purpose in stopping the waste and graft in the public sector. That's going to be a lot harder to do and sadly, he doesn't have the sincerity and integrity to see it through to the bitter end.

MeineMutter:
Even GEJ and Obasanjo that had a combination of 14 years to implement various conference reports didn’t do so and nobody nailed them.

^^^
These are yesterday's men - nobody is talking about these failed administrations any more. And you are dead wrong about their being let off easy as far as report implementation is concerned. A search on this very platform will confirm this.

MeineMutter:
So, let’s wait. It’s still too early because some of the reports could have been outdated and need fine-tuning.

^^^
grin

The sad thing is that far too many will actually take your advice and choose death by installment. 'Let's wait'? 'It's still too early?' OK. grin

This administration has its sights set on the most vulnerable members of society and they will bear the brunt of policy choices made - because they are an easy target. Its far, far easier to remove 'fuel subsidy' than it is to reform MDAs and trim a bloated public sector.

I predict a net transfer of wealth from low income groups to the so-called 'one percenters' over the life of this administration. The signs are there.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by siofragspot: 6:45am On Jun 20, 2023
Its a normal thing....
lexy2014:

how will dissolving boards of parastatals and agencies move nigeria forward?

Anyway, Great question

Hiring competent people you know you can trust and respect them to do the job for you in the right way, will achieve results, resulting in a win win for the country and the citizens

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Nolevel666: 6:47am On Jun 20, 2023
Ttalk:
Nice one.

Babagofast of Obodo naija is moving at the speed of jet. We can't wait to have the economy of the country back on track

How much is your dollar now?

Well, let’s be watching
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 6:48am On Jun 20, 2023
siofragspot:
Its a normal thing....

Anyway, Great question

Hiring competent people you know you can trust and respect them to do the job for you in the right way, will achieve results, resulting in a win win for the country and the citizens

where the previous board members of parastatals and agencies not competent and trustworthy?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by ifinger: 6:49am On Jun 20, 2023
Tofax:
The North seems to have 11 appointees, the South West has 9 appointees, and South East 1, and South-South 1. That is fairness and equity?

No fairness he is doing this to spite the east
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 6:50am On Jun 20, 2023
Ttalk:
Nice one.

Babagofast of Obodo naija is moving at the speed of jet. We can't wait to have the economy of the country back on track

where was the economy before that you cant wait for it to get back on track?

was the economy off track ?

if yes, who was responsible for it being off track?

how is dissolving boards of agencies and parastatals moving at jet speed?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by GeneralDae: 6:59am On Jun 20, 2023
lexy2014:

is this the first time in the history of nigeria that a CBN governor is suspended?

did Emefiele need to be suspended before exchange rate could be floated?

why was Emefiele arrested? what is his crime?

pls what is the benefit that will accrue to nigerians as a result of this floatation?

you arent even sure whether fuel subsidy was removed or reduced. if you arent sure, how then are you listing it as something tinubu has done?

what have nigerians gained from this fuel subsidy "Removal/reduction"?

what is special about "Rejigging of the security architecture" has it never happened before in nigeria?
He is taking effective decisions in 3 weeks. Which means in his first 100 days, some things would have been settled for him to build on.

Managed floating of the naira is a better decision than what we had before.

I don't know why Emiefele must be arrested but I support his suspension.

I prefer fuel subsidy reduction by 20% max than a full removal. In the coming months we would know if it's a reduction or complete removal. Nigeria stands to gain a lot from it.

Rejigging of security architecture in 3 weeks is a good sign. It means no time to waste. Hit the ground running.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 7:03am On Jun 20, 2023
GeneralDae:

He is taking effective decisions in 3 weeks. Which means in his first 100 days, some things would have been settled for him to build on.

Managed floating of the naira is a better decision than what we had before.

I don't know why Emiefele must be arrested but I support his suspension.

I prefer fuel subsidy reduction by 20% max than a full removal. In the coming months we would know if it's a reduction or complete removal. Nigeria stands to gain a lot from it.

Rejigging of security architecture in 3 weeks is a good sign. It means no time to waste. Hit the ground running.

that isnt what i asked you except maybe you didnt understand the questions.

1. is this the first time in the history of nigeria that a CBN governor is suspended?

2. did Emefiele need to be suspended before exchange rate could be floated?

3. pls what is the benefit that will accrue to nigerians as a result of this floatation?

4. you arent even sure whether fuel subsidy was removed or reduced. if you arent sure, how then are you listing it as something tinubu has done?

5. what have nigerians gained from this fuel subsidy "Removal/reduction"?

6. what is special about "Rejigging of the security architecture"? has it never happened before in nigeria?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Tzar(m): 7:09am On Jun 20, 2023
Mazi Jagaban!

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by God2man2again(m): 7:09am On Jun 20, 2023
This is the true meaning of CHANGE.

Change!

Whenever there is a positive change in the right direction, there must be progress.

I salute your Courage, Mr.President.

Salute to PBAT.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by siofragspot: 7:09am On Jun 20, 2023
lexy2014:

where the previous board members of parastatals and agencies not competent and trustworthy?

I believe they were. But its always like this atleast most of the time when a new government comes in, they replace appointees. It seems you have special interest in the dissolution of this members. I am sorry if any of your relative(s) is affected.

We all want Nigeria on the path of progress.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by GeneralDae: 7:11am On Jun 20, 2023
lexy2014:

that isnt what i asked you except maybe you didnt understand the questions.

1. is this the first time in the history of nigeria that a CBN governor is suspended?

2. did Emefiele need to be suspended before exchange rate could be floated?

3. pls what is the benefit that will accrue to nigerians as a result of this floatation?

4. you arent even sure whether fuel subsidy was removed or reduced. if you arent sure, how then are you listing it as something tinubu has done?

5. what have nigerians gained from this fuel subsidy "Removal/reduction"?

6. what is special about "Rejigging of the security architecture"? has it never happened before in nigeria?

1. No, but whenever the suspension happens, it's a big decision. Nobody said it's the first time.

2. Probably.

3. Removal of forex subsidy. More clarity for foreign players/investors. Big reduction of round tripping.

4. Whether removal or reduction. There is a wind of change in that direction because he didn't waste time in implementing what Buhari had planned. For now we don't have thesame fuel subsidy we had in April.

5. Nigerians would gain because it means NNPC wouldn't have to keep borrowing to import and subsidize large volumes of fuel.

6. No one said rejigging has never happened but it's good it's happened this fast.

Anymore Question?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by alobright17(m): 7:14am On Jun 20, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
undecided

Oh...indeed.

When it comes to doing something about the welfare of ordinary Nigerians, the story is that 'it is too early for such', or 'there are processes to be followed'. But it wasn't too early to act on 'fuel subsidy' on day 1. undecided

The public sector in Nigeria's net contribution to the economy is negative. There are tons of reports that have made it abundantly clear that public sector/MDA/civil service reforms are long, long overdue. We shall see how well these reports will be implemented...or if they will even be implemented at all.

Rules for thee but not for me.

It is their way.

You're obviously taking the thing to a different angle.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by bestower: 7:20am On Jun 20, 2023
[I swear me too dey wait for am seriously...motherf**kerquote author=ogaontop post=123907330]This one go reach everybody finally, let's hope they do better, if not they will be as useless as the sacked ones except that NDLEA man. He too try. I expect him to be rewarded.

BTW, what of Malami, I've not heard of him of late.
When DSS go arrest am
His own suppose pass sack!
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Alajiki(m): 7:22am On Jun 20, 2023
SmartPolician:
That's what he should have done long ago!

How long ago? 2 weeks?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by lexy2014: 7:26am On Jun 20, 2023
GeneralDae:

1. No, but whenever the suspension happens, it's a big decision. Nobody said it's the first time.

2. Probably.

3. Removal of forex subsidy. More clarity for foreign players/investors. Big reduction of round tripping.

4. Whether removal or reduction. There is a wind of change in that direction because he didn't waste time in implementing what Buhari had planned. For now we don't have thesame fuel subsidy we had in April.

5. Nigerians would gain because it means NNPC wouldn't have to keep borrowing to import and subsidize large volumes of fuel.

6. No one said rejigging has never happened but it's good it's happened this fast.

Anymore Question?

1. if this isnt the first time a CBN governor has been suspended and it is a big decision, what is big about this decision and what is makes it special?

2. Probably in what way? kindly explain

3. what is "forex subsidy"? which "foreign players/investors" are you talking about? what have foreign players/investors got to do with forex and its floatation? what is round tripping and how will round tripping be reduced?

4. you have to be clear. was fuel subsidy removed or was it reduced which one?
was there no wind of change under buhari? what is the significance of not having the same fuel subsidy in april?

5. did NNPC ever borrow to import fuel or to subsidize? when did NNPC do that and from who did NNPC borrow?

6. what is good about appointing service chiefs "this fast"?
pls how long did it take Tinubus successors to appoint new service chiefs?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

BREAKING: Buhari Won Niger In A Landslide / Who Is The Founder Of Labour Party In Nigeria? / Senator Mohammed Kabiru Jibril Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.