Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,754 members, 7,831,418 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies (57443 Views)

Wike Sacks 21 Heads Of FCTA Agencies, Parastatals / FG To Dissolve Boards Of Federal Agencies, Parastatals / Boards Have No Power To Suspend Ceos Of Parastatals, Says SGF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Fujiyama: 3:14am On Jul 02, 2023
MeineMutter:

Honestly, I have not watched the video for up to 20 seconds but I guess what you saw was just a one-off thing. Those entourage you saw were not from presidential fleet. They were full of South-west political class’ vehicles and those of lobbyists and well wishers.

Let’s leave sentiment out of it, how long do you think a 120-convoy would be each time a president is going? That was to tell you that what you saw on that clip was like an home-coming welcome party for their ‘son’ and to ‘pepper’ APC’s perceived enemies - both at regional and national levels.

I repeat it, all those vehicles were not from presidential fleet. Most of them are from Southwest governors, senators etc.
south-west has 9 states, when Kwara and Kogi are included.

One check we way carry out is to watch, closely, plate numbers of those vehicles. They do not carry presidency’s plate numbers.
You can check out some of them on https://askniid.org/verifypolicy.aspx , to know know more about the vehicle’s insurance policy.

Who knows; Tinubu’s loyalists may want to break Obasanjo’s records or break his backbone by arranging such convoy to spike him because I heard Tinubu was in Egba land but he didn’t visit OBJ.

I still maintain my stand: let’s watch Tinubu more closely. It is too early. It takes up to a year and a half before you can start assessing or comparing a president’s performances.

He just inherited a very large office and complex country. He would first of all use what he meets on ground before fine-tuning things.

^^^
undecided

No.

No.

No.

I am not even going to try to unpack what you have in your first 3 paragraphs. All I will say is that I took the advice in your 4th paragraph and watched the video more closely - several times. Perhaps I shouldn't have.

There were:

At least 41 security vehicles (Prados, Hiluxes, Corollas, Land Cruisers, Nissan Frontiers, etc.) with DSS, police and military personnel on board, clearly visible...

At least 10 Toyota Hiace and Toyota Coaster buses...and at least 3 Marco Polo buses (popularly called luxurious buses)...

At least 20 top of the range (some of them probably armoured) Toyota Land Cruisers (V6 & V8 engines) and Lexus LX 570 sport utility vehicles. Some of these vehicles are clearly the official vehicles of service chiefs and/or the IGP...

A least 5 other luxury vehicles (Mercedes Benz Gelandewagen & ML 350, Range Rover Vogue, GMC Denali/Yukon, etc)...

At least 2 outriders on high end motorbikes...

And so on.

Please keep in mind that the clip doesn't capture the convoy from the very beginning.

The overwhelming majority of the vehicles in this clip ARE being funded from the public purse and the video shows one of the key reasons why Nigeria is poor. I have nothing but pity for the fellow whose voice can be heard over and over, urging "jagaban" on. If only he knew...undecided

With what I have seen here, the Tinubu administration is going to fail and it is going to fail hard.

Good day.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by MeineMutter: 3:41am On Jul 02, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
undecided

No.

No.

No.

I am not even going to try to unpack what you have in your first 3 paragraphs. All I will say is that I took the advice in your 4th paragraph and watched the video more closely - several times. Perhaps I shouldn't have.

There were:

At least 41 security vehicles (Prados, Hiluxes, Corollas, Land Cruisers, Nissan Frontiers, etc.) with DSS, police and military personnel on board, clearly visible...

At least 10 Toyota Hiace and Toyota Coaster buses...and at least 3 Marco Polo buses (popularly called luxurious buses)...

At least 20 top of the range (some of them probably armoured) Toyota Land Cruisers (V6 & V8 engines) and Lexus LX 570 sport utility vehicles. Some of these vehicles are clearly the official vehicles of service chiefs and/or the IGP...

A least 5 other luxury vehicles (Mercedes Benz Gelandewagen & ML 350, Range Rover Vogue, GMC Denali/Yukon, etc)...

At least 2 outriders on high end motorbikes...

And so on.

Please keep in mind that the clip doesn't capture the convoy from the very beginning.

The overwhelming majority of the vehicles in this clip ARE being funded from the public purse and the video shows one of the key reasons why Nigeria is poor. I have nothing but pity for the fellow whose voice can be heard over and over, urging "jagaban" on. If only he knew...undecided

With what I have seen here, the Tinubu administration is going to fail and it is going to fail hard.

Good day.

Thanks for your observations. As I have said earlier: it’s too early to judge. The convoy you saw are from, mostly, southwest governors and politicians. They are not from FG. These people too use DSS officials.
So, it is their states’ treasury that is funding this but not the FG.

Let’s watch out for Tinubu’s official trips till the end of the year to other regions in Nigeria other than Southwest and Northeast (where the VP hails) and see the number of convoy he has.

I am sure all those you saw in last video could not drive by road down to Ogun and Lagos all the way from Abuja. Otherwise, we would have seen their videos as they drove from Abuja through Kogi, Ondo/Ekiti, Osun, and Oyo.

The video only surfaced in Ogun and Lagos, which could mean that they assembled in these states.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Fujiyama: 6:07pm On Nov 01, 2023
MeineMutter:
Trust me, and in fairness to them, it’s too early. I am not defending them.
We need to give them some months to see how they would start.

MeineMutter:
I repeat it, all those vehicles were not from presidential fleet.
I still maintain my stand: let’s watch Tinubu more closely. It is too early. It takes up to a year and a half before you can start assessing or comparing a president’s performances.

^^^
https://www.nairaland.com/7896914/fg-budgets-5bn-presidential-yacht#126734931

https://www.nairaland.com/7895923/budget-tinubu-spend-6.9bn-vehicles#126720589

undecided

I told you they had nothing to offer.

1 Like

Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by MeineMutter: 6:30pm On Nov 01, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
https://www.nairaland.com/7896914/fg-budgets-5bn-presidential-yacht#126734931

https://www.nairaland.com/7895923/budget-tinubu-spend-6.9bn-vehicles#126720589

undecided

I told you they had nothing to offer.

You said so but these are perks that come with holding that office only that it’s too much. He doesn’t need more than 2 bullet-proof vehicles which shouldn’t cost more than 500k, in total.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Fujiyama: 10:08pm On Nov 01, 2023
MeineMutter:

You said so but these are perks that come with holding that office only that it’s too much. He doesn’t need more than 2 bullet-proof vehicles which shouldn’t cost more than 500k, in total.

^^^
There you go.

It isn't that hard to figure these people out - don't just listen to what they say...watch what they do.

How can this sort of profligacy be justified when there is such great hardship in the land? How? undecided

And...we now also have the latest outrage of Seyi Tinubu gatecrashing FEC meetings undecided.

I knew it would turn out this way. The sad thing is there's still a lot more to come.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Fujiyama: 11:47pm On Dec 07, 2023
MeineMutter:

He just inherited a very large office and complex country. He would first of all use what he meets on ground before fine-tuning things.

^^^
undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/7934280/nigeria-spends-n3-billion-send

https://www.nairaland.com/7931708/outrage-two-fg-agencies-sign

https://www.nairaland.com/7930446/why-tinubu-failed-deliver-speech

I told you they were no good. undecided
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Fujiyama: 12:13pm On Dec 14, 2023
MeineMutter:

^^^

https://www.nairaland.com/7939364/oshiomhole-tackles-doris-uzoka-proposing/4#127463062

undecided

I told you Bola Tinubu and his 'teamship' crew undecided have absolutely nothing to offer. A billion US dollars for a trip to Switzerland? For a minister who doesn't know anything about Nigeria's trading partners or trade volumes?
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by MeineMutter: 1:46pm On Dec 14, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^

https://www.nairaland.com/7939364/oshiomhole-tackles-doris-uzoka-proposing/4#127463062

undecided

I told you Bola Tinubu and his 'teamship' crew undecided have absolutely nothing to offer. A billion US dollars for a trip to Switzerland? For a minister who doesn't know anything about Nigeria's trading partners or trade volumes?

Boss 😁. It’s a request. Let’s see if Tinubu would approve it. Then we can start to put him in those people’s category.

I would still give Tinubu one year to do all he is doing and then assess him, based on my little understanding.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by Fujiyama: 2:12pm On Dec 14, 2023
MeineMutter:
Boss 😁. It’s a request. Let’s see if Tinubu would approve it. Then we can start to put him in those people’s category.

I would still give Tinubu one year to do all he is doing and then assess him, based on my little understanding.

^^^
grin

I will keep tagging you with each new outrage. It is a blood feud. cheesy

You have been far, far too generous to this man. You don't know him and those who surround him...their value system simply cannot take this country to where it needs to go. BAT and his team can't give it...because they don't have it.

Where do we start?

The convoy nonsense that started it all...

The UNGA jamboree...

The supplementary budget bazaar...(the N5 billion yacht, the presidential & vice presidential palace renovations, the N1 billion first lady official vehicles purchase etc...) undecided

Seyi Tinubu's use of official aircraft for leisure purposes...and his gatecrashing FEC meetings undecided

Folashade Tinubu-Ojo's N10 million 'guest' accommodation/hotel fees...covered by the vice president's office undecided

The COP 28 jamboree undecided

And so on...

The Doris Uzokas of this world and their DGs, directors, permsecs etc. were emboldened to slot that request into the budget because they know exactly the kind of man who's leading the country. I wager you know men and women who if they had the top job in the country - and this kind of budget was submitted - they would make sure that would be the end of that federal minister. But not BAT.

BAT cannot do this job. What I expect now is that the administration will soon go into overdrive to prevent these disclosures to Nigerians. Going forward, this government will now do everything in its power to cover its tracks and keep Nigerians in the dark. Whether they will succeed is the big question.

BAT is not the answer.
Re: President Tinubu Approves Dissolution Of Boards Of Parastatals, Agencies by MeineMutter: 8:32pm On Dec 14, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
grin

I will keep tagging you with each new outrage. It is a blood feud. cheesy

You have been far, far too generous to this man. You don't know him and those who surround him...their value system simply cannot take this country to where it needs to go. BAT and his team can't give it...because they don't have it.

Where do we start?

The convoy nonsense that started it all...

The UNGA jamboree...

The supplementary budget bazaar...(the N5 billion yacht, the presidential & vice presidential palace renovations, the N1 billion first lady official vehicles purchase etc...) undecided

Seyi Tinubu's use of official aircraft for leisure purposes...and his gatecrashing FEC meetings undecided

Folashade Tinubu-Ojo's N10 million 'guest' accommodation/hotel fees...covered by the vice president's office undecided

The COP 28 jamboree undecided

And so on...

The Doris Uzokas of this world and their DGs, directors, permsecs etc. were emboldened to slot that request into the budget because they know exactly the kind of man who's leading the country. I wager you know men and women who if they had the top job in the country - and this kind of budget was submitted - they would make sure that would be the end of that federal minister. But not BAT.

BAT cannot do this job. What I expect now is that the administration will soon go into overdrive to prevent these disclosures to Nigerians. Going forward, this government will now do everything in its power to cover its tracks and keep Nigerians in the dark. Whether they will succeed is the big question.

BAT is not the answer.

Let’s still wait a little sir. 😁😁.

I am certain: he is not the right man. But let’s see his strokes by half year 2024. May God spare our lives beyond then.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Femi Adesina In Igbo Attire, Spotted With Buhari Aboard Air Force Jet 001 / Buhari Arrives Chatham House, London [Photos] / APC Members "Flogged" Out Of Port-Harcourt During Massive Rally. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.