Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me (22440 Views)

Olajide Rilwan Lekan Graduates From Russian Medical School With As / UNN Medical School Thread / Cynthia Chizoba Okoye Graduates As Doctor From Tulane University Medical School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by Ekpekus(m): 1:37pm On Jun 20, 2023
playapayaski:
It's too wide n tideous.. especially anatomy n physiology.
Pathology and pharm na their oga.
Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by Sososo(f): 1:40pm On Jun 20, 2023
Interesting read.🤚
Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by ItisWell22(f): 1:41pm On Jun 20, 2023
Oritna94:
Hmm, medical school.. It brings back memories. The reading was not here. With occasional resits of courses and even repeating a class. Na God save man during medical school. A lot of my colleagues dropped out because they couldn't cope. Now I am reaping the fruit of my labour.

👏
Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by Ekpekus(m): 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2023
Dshocker:

My problem with all these, is after going through a medical school, you are faced with a salary of less than 150k, some medical doctors here in Nigeria earns below 60k.
Graduation from medical school is a door opener to many opportunities across the world. Take this to bank! Just ask the right questions and connect with people of like mind/interest, the world will be yours for the taking.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by toprealman: 1:44pm On Jun 20, 2023
VeryWickedMan:
Medical school taught me that inserting my preeq can wake a coma patient.

I can never forget that day.
We both screamed.
In some places, you did be arrested. Silly jokes or not, you have the potential of being a rapist.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by divinelydiffere(f): 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
A big congratulations to you@Tonye001.
I have been following your diary here on nairaland. Greater heights is yours

3 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by okrikaboi: 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
If you are a poor student you can oy survive medical school by running mad and becoming a priest. I suffer no be small, so many lecturers are sadists.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by drimzsmoke(m): 2:14pm On Jun 20, 2023
EleventhWeirdo:
Jesus Christ, this post is so underrated. [b]Under sane circumstances, it should be garnering about 1000+ likes rn. It's pathetic that people would rather engage posts about Hilda Baci, politics or Kenya sex marathon, and all these say a lot about why we are here as a society.[b] OP, God bless you as you've impacted me immensely by this post. Following you right away with my both accounts cheesy
Sake of say wetyn happen, go back and read point number 4 of the OP.... and moreover, all of us no fit become doctors!!!
Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by enomakos(m): 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2023
VeryWickedMan:
Medical school taught me that inserting my preeq can wake a coma patient.

I can never forget that day.
We both screamed.
Weldone
Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by drimzsmoke(m): 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2023
Dshocker:

My problem with all these, is after going through a medical school, you are faced with a salary of less than 150k, some medical doctors here in Nigeria earns below 60k.

It's lie that will finish you!!!
I haven't done induction and I don't earn less than times 3 of that ridiculous amount you posted

7 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by ItisWell22(f): 2:24pm On Jun 20, 2023
BucketMan:
are you trying to say Halima Buhari the daughter of former President Buhari who failed the Bar exams twice while her father was on seat was not an average student?

I'm not even talking about the basic law course done in universities, I'm talking about the professional one year programme at the Nigerian Law School, where former Governor Rotimi Amaechi is currently a student of... It's not something I can explain on the internet, you need to go there to experience it for yourself.

Who never go law school no go know.

I’m a medical student with typical storyline as the Op’s.

My baby sister graduated from law school with a 1st class (a double first 😊). She had her externship with me.
Guyyyyyy… she really worked! 🥹
My coursemates around here hold her in high esteem till date, as most said they had never seen any student as dedicated as her.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by ItisWell22(f): 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2023
drimzsmoke:

It's lie that will finish you!!!
I haven't done induction and I don't earn less than times 3 of that ridiculous amount you posted

You actually don’t dignify such humans with a response. 🥱

If you check well, na “school na scam” gang member most likely; and would do everything to make light of the effort people put into their study or coursework.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by drimzsmoke(m): 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2023
DeLaRue:

A student of above average capacity can do well in law school.

It is unlikely that law is in the same category as medicine in terms of the effort required to pass. The tales I have heard about getting through medical school all seem harrowing. They can't all be exaggerating.

The issue with many law students is they don't start getting truly serious until they get to year 3 or 4.

They all lied to you, take it from me, all courses are hard in their own way(in the case of medicine, the senior colleagues and lecturers/consultants make it look hard) , there's nothing special about medicine.....

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by playapayaski: 2:40pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ekpekus:

Pathology and pharm na their oga.

I wonder how people n scientist still consider chemistry harder than all of these. How, I wonder?
Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by sgtponzihater1(m): 3:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
Every med students should take this seriously. I can copy this and give this to a younger one on the medical path.

Congrats Tonye and wish you a bright prosperous career.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by NoToPile: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2023
The human brain can retain so much information and remember a lot lots of us hardly make use of it.

Whatever we want to do we can.

Nice one @TONYE001 I have been following your diary since.

Congrats.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by soccerlite: 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2023
Medicine studies in nigeria should metamorphose into what's obtainable in the US.

Where it's a post graduate studies

I think the advantage outweighs the disadvantage

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by soccerlite: 5:16pm On Jun 20, 2023
BucketMan:
It's similar to what is obtainable in Law School, we had several people fainting in the hall during the Bar Final Exams... Bottom line is to be a Big Man is not easy.

Year 3 medical exams self no be beans moreover final exams

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by abobote: 5:33pm On Jun 20, 2023
Very interesting write, I was patient enough to read all, even though I don't have any business with medical school.

Congrats
Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by Olaideolayemi(m): 6:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
Good write up!!!sorry op,Am not criticizing the article neither ridicule the post.But,Y putting the first in the last?I think the first should be God and others should followed.. secondly,In the article, you said anything is possible,To me, Anything have a limit in life..Your capability and strength will determine,if it's possible or not,After secondary education,I didn't think about going to medicine or other courses beyond my level.. Rather I go for my passion and the best subject I enjoyed most..Many choose courses or project of their dreams that they can't cope with,talkless of being successful..Even when all the resources are available.. Wishing you more progressive in your choosing career....
Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by NamelessOGBENI(m): 6:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
Some folks who can deal with the shadows will have problem with the last one: GOD!
Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by Stallion93(m): 6:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
This applies to all endeavors in Life and on Studies, it actually applies to all of them. My request is please write smth similar to this as life Post MBBS. That’s where the Koko of the matter is grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by okoroemeka(m): 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2023
Angel55555:
Impressive 👏
very impressive but not EVERY human mind can stretch and contort itself to adapt to such huge academic loads,that's is why medical school is for a select few that has ability for such,
Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by Angel55555(m): 7:51pm On Jun 20, 2023
okoroemeka:
very impressive but not EVERY human mind can stretch and contort itself to adapt to such huge academic loads,that's is why medical school is for a select few that has ability for such,
I agree with you, Sir.
Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by Bluntemperor: 9:21pm On Jun 20, 2023
OP, beautiful propositions.
Please,keep it up!
Medical Students, particularly in Nigeria,no be Una Mate o! It's alway reading and Studying Non- Stop untill they Awards you the MBBS!
No Be Small Thing To Become A Doctor Because it's about Life!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by Exceed15: 11:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by Jayson504(m): 8:31am On Jun 21, 2023
I agree with all you just said. Medical school is a different ball game on its own. You just reminded me of my preclinical days, the sleepless nights, the days where we had to read like our life depended on it, the lectures, the practicals, and the days of the dreaded 2nd MB professional exam. it's something I'll never forget.
Re: 10 Lessons Medical School Taught Me by litaninja(m): 9:10am On Jun 21, 2023
So, basically every tertiary institution level course?
ok.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Full Further Maths Project 2 Textbook / Official Thread For Jamb 2012 Accredited Registration Centres / Meet Olugbenga Alabi: OOU's First Distinction In Medicine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.