Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From (4717 Views)

Atiku Vs Tinubu: Headless Mob Is Masturbating Over Nothing - Tinubu Lawyer Ogala / Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) / Oshiomhole Replies Babatunde Ogala APC Legal Adviser: You Take Directive From Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by AlexBells(m): 1:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
Monsignor22:
The fact that the identity of an Igbo man from a typical Igbotic place like Enugu-Ezike is still being debated in 2023 worries me...why do we Igbos have to always go extra miles to validate our identity- much less to idiots who have never traveled beyond Lagos-Ibadan expressway before in their entire lives? This thread is absolutely unnecessary. Ikechukwu Ogalla is a very proud and unapologetic Igbo man whose family I happen to know very well.
Look at your last sentence you did the same thing you said is unnecessary, we owe outsiders our stories cause they may be truly ignorant
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Footballer754: 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2023
ganisucks:

What does Ogala mean in Igbo. You don't have to lie to prove your point.

Ibos disgracing themselves!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by AlexBells(m): 2:02pm On Jun 20, 2023
helinues:

The whataboutism is one of the issue una have. We have raised the issue, deal with it without referring to others
I said what about Germany, you didn't see me mention your tribe or anyone aside Germany that experienced and overcame exact scenery
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by helinues: 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
AlexBells:
I said what about Germany, you didn't see me mention your tribe or anyone aside Germany that experienced and overcame exact scenery

Must you refer to others to deal with your issue?

That's whataboutism

2 Likes

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by AlexBells(m): 2:05pm On Jun 20, 2023
helinues:

That's whataboutism
yes it is called exemplary leadership, something like that have happened elsewhere borrow a leaf

1 Like

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Ezewuzie01: 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2023
Someone asked a pertinent question in the first thread that the OP has been dodging since. What does Ogalla mean in the Igbo language? This is why Yorubas are smarter than Igbos.Tinubu appointed an Igala man to take a position that should rightfully belong to Ndi Igbo and some efulefus are already celebrating angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Tinubucocainesn: 2:15pm On Jun 20, 2023
helinues:

That's whataboutism

Get a job man
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by ObiaboAdoka(m): 2:21pm On Jun 20, 2023
Whether Igbo or Igala. He is a Nigerian nd has been appointed Chief of Naval Staff. Nd nothing u can do about it.

1 Like

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Khyrvxjzy: 2:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
SpartaOfLagos:
shut up abeg, Enough of this nonsense.

Ogalla ikechukwu is from Enugu state.

wonderful.. they(igbos) are now fighting themselves

4 Likes

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by okeysoninv: 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ezewuzie01:
Someone asked a pertinent question in the first thread that the OP has been dodging since. What does Ogalla mean in the Igbo language? This is why Yorubas are smarter than Igbos.Tinubu appointed an Igala man to take a position that should rightfully belong to Ndi Igbo and some efulefus are already celebrating angry
ogalla is agbaja direct . Means an elder, elderest , is a pure Igbo word in agbaja clan.

1 Like

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Khyrvxjzy: 2:35pm On Jun 20, 2023
ganisucks:

Be enjoying your echo chamber. Very soon, the door will be opened and you'll just have to hear other voices.

bro me i do like to ask questions. why did you say ogalla is not igbo when is bio say enugu?...

anything you know on this matter tell us please dont keep us in dark(i am yoruba)

last question is where is ogalla from? is he yoruba or hausa, is he impersonating east?

1 Like

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
ABEG MAKE UNA STOP ALL THIS LoNG ESSAY NOISE. Ada in Igbo(first female) is different from Ada(cutlass) in yoruba

IGALLA IS DIFFRENT FROM OGALA.

OGALLA IS IGBO,IT MEANS HE HAS GONE SOMEWHERE,AND THIS MAN LIVES HIS NAME BECAUSE HE IS ALWAYS GOING SOMEWHERE AT SEA AS ADMIRAL grin

Ogala is Yoruba it means.......Ask Babatunde Ogala SAN,APC lawyer always TALKING on TVC. grin

OGALLA NA CONFIRM IGBO SON, PTINUBU IS SO SMART TO PICK HIS TEAM,TO KEEP YOU RUMOUR MONGERS /TALKATIVES BUSY.
THE MATTER IS FULLY SETTLED.QED grin

2 Likes

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Khyrvxjzy: 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2023
Monsignor22:
The fact that the identity of an Igbo man from a typical Igbotic place like Enugu-Ezike is still being debated in 2023 worries me...why do we Igbos have to always go extra miles to validate our identity- much less to idiots who have never traveled beyond Lagos-Ibadan expressway before in their entire lives? This thread is absolutely unnecessary. Ikechukwu Ogalla is a very proud and unapologetic Igbo man whose family I happen to know very well.

you started well but u end badly

una see say una get problem one person is more igbotic than the other as you guys said

leave that lagos man that have only travel to ibadan all his life alone, he is not feeling superior to ibadan

igbo problem is simple i will narrate it in a sentence if 2 igbo is fighting, if u try to separate them, they will stop fighting and both of them will begin fighting u,
their problem is hate and propaganda their solution is also hate and propaganda

thank you

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by fregeneh(m): 2:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
ganisucks:

ganisucks:

ganisucks:

What does Ogala mean in Igbo. What does okala mean in igbo? You don't have to lie to prove your point.
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Jogs1900: 2:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
yemmight:
We done try and pick someone from your region and you are still saying that place in not south-east. When will you people stop wailing?
These people can never be satisfied. The President in his wisdom tried to share the appointments among geo political zones not making tribes. Will it make sense to share posts among 300 tribes in Nigeria? No
I don't know why these people are complaining.
It may be because of this petty reason that Buhari ignored their region since he knows that they are insatiable.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Igboid: 3:06pm On Jun 20, 2023
ObiaboAdoka:
Whether Igbo or Igala. He is a Nigerian nd has been appointed Chief of Naval Staff. Nd nothing u can do about it.

Oga rest. He isn't an Igala. There are no Igalas in Enugu.
He is Igbo.

4 Likes

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Igboid: 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2023
AlexBells:
Mischief makers are determined on their divisive antics against the Igbo Nation but this time, Ezikoba is Not some Igbophobic part of AlaIgbo, we are a core part of the Igbo Nation. I had never hidden that I'm from Ezikoba and Ikechukwu Ogala is a proud son of Umopu Ada in Enugu Ezike, AlaIgbo, Nigeria.

The difference I used to have with some of my Igbo brothers and sisters here is that I believe in the Federal Republic of Nigeria but that's quite minor as the Igbo in me is greater than the Nigerian in me and if there's ever a referendum and Biafra wins, I will gladly join my brothers and sisters, I however wish that Nigeria get better than divide and if division becomes eminent, I had always prefered AlaIgbo Republic to Biafra having said that not just Ikechukwu but the entire Ezikoba apart from Etteh community which while being in Igbo Eze North is not part of Enugu Ezike as such may not be Igbo.

They said that we are stone but see who is in charge of the fleets, I continue to maintain that the Igbo Nation don't have issues with Yorubas and apart from the terrorisms of some Fulanis we also don't have issues with them, the only people we have slight issues with are the Ijaws and I had always said this issue can be settled peacefully however the creeks are about to be in the right hand for those recklessly accusing our navy especially.

We shall explore all peaceful option and like I said I stand with Peter Obi until the court have done their due diligence however I thank Bola Tinubu for some of the actions so far especially the removal of the qouter system in education albeit indirectly.

Etteh is Indigenously Igbo. But the Idomas currently constitute the majority there, like 60% while Igala and Igbo share the remaining 40%.
The Igala trouble makers in Etteh know how they got there from Idah and were accommodated by the Igbo aboriginals of Etteh.
If they are tired of being Igbo, they can go back to Idah. Case closed.
All their attempts to take Etteh to Olamaboro LGA of Kogi state have been rebuffed by the Igbo aboriginals and their Idoma allies in Etteh.
I thought you are from this area, you should be conversant with these issues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by idari: 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ogala is Igbo,just like we have Ameh, ossai, Iyida, Abugu, Ali ,Idoko, etc as surname from same local government,see me see wahala so enugu ezike no be Igbo again

2 Likes

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Igboid: 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2023
Finally it feels good to have a proudly Igbo people rubbishing non Igbos plans to divide Igboland and ridicule the rest of Ndiigbo.

Imagine if Ogalla Ikechukwu were from places like Ika, Ukwuani, Ikwerre.
Efulefus from those areas would have come out to join non Igbos to deny Igbo and then ridicule and make Ndiigbo sound like land grabbers.
Nothing as sweet as brother you are embracing, embracing you same time and making a fool of enemies who gathered like vultures to feast on the occasion.

Alexbells, thanks for this thread.
Send my greetings to your Onyishi in Enugu-Ezike.
Ohaneze Ndiigbo will soon release a public communique to congratulate a worthy Igbo son Ogalla Ikechukwu on the attainment of the Pinnacle of his career.

Udo.

4 Likes

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by ekineme: 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2023
ganisucks:

Ogalla Means " He will go" it's a native name, I am sure most people don't know names like, Ogalla, Ogodo, Jaja, Okpoto, Amalla, Eke etc are all igboid native names.

People from Ebonyi state bears the name too.
There is Igbo language and there is Igbo dialect.
Most igboid communities has distinct native names. The problem we have is people that has not travelled out of their maternal home talking authoritatively as if they have knowledge of what they know nothing about.

4 Likes

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by AlexBells(m): 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2023
Igboid:
Finally it feels good to have a proudly Igbo people rubbishing non Igbos plans to divide Igboland and ridicule the rest of Ndiigbo.

Imagine if Ogalla Ikechukwu were from places like Ika, Ukwuani, Ikwerre.
Efulefus from those areas would have come out to join non Igbos to deny Igbo and then ridicule and make Ndiigbo sound like land grabbers.
Nothing as sweet as brother you are embracing, embracing you same time and making a fool of enemies who gathered like vultures to feast on the occasion.

Alexbells, thanks for this thread.
Send my greetings to your Onyishi in Enugu-Ezike.
Ohaneze Ndiigbo will soon release a public communique to congratulate a worthy Igbo son Ogalla Ikechukwu on the attainment of the Pinnacle of his career.

Udo.
You have also been a strong voice for the Igbo here on nairaland, I really appreciate your effort as we

3 Likes

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by AlexBells(m): 3:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
Igboid:

Etteh is Indigenously Igbo. But the Idomas currently constitute the majority there, like 60% while Igala and Igbo share the remaining 40%.
The Igala trouble makers in Etteh know how they got there from Idah and were accommodated by the Igbo aboriginals of Etteh.
If they are tired of being Igbo, they can go back to Idah. Case closed.
All their attempts to take Etteh to Olamaboro LGA of Kogi state have been rebuffed by the Igbo aboriginals and their Idoma allies in Etteh.
I thought you are from this area, you should be conversant with these issues.
There has been fights there in Etteh however like you say, about 40% of the people in the Geographical Etteh are Igbos howeber these Igbos are mainly from UmuOpu and Arji the remaining sixty percent are mixed with Idoma and so on, those ones agitate to be part of Kogi however the Etteh people the core ones have a lot of disparity from we Igbos for instance,

last two years the governor's league was going on in Igbo Eze North the came for the league without their passport in their file which they could be swapping players from their interior closer to Igala by substituting with Igala players, we said no, the said match was supposed to be Etteh and my community Igogoro we walked them over, so the Igbos amonng them are from Enugu Ezike, there are however some Succesful Etteh politicians like Alachi who are successful in Igbo Eze North politics

1 Like

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by fx45(m): 3:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
ganisucks:

While I might not know the meaning of Ogala, but I believe the pronunciation might help in passing across the meaning. Find out how it is pronounced.

By the way, what is the meaning of Okala? (Patrick Okala)
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by tishbite42: 3:31pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ezewuzie01:
Shut up your mouth. He's an Igbo

1 Like

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by mdimefields: 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2023
ganisucks:

Are you from Anambra State? Try and be calming down, Igbos are divers and speak in different dialects.

1 Like

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Upright750: 3:33pm On Jun 20, 2023
Damn .. some people reason from anus .. this man is from same Local Government with me .. infact 2 guys right now with me are from same community with him. Called Umopu community .. are you in anyway saying am not an Igbo ? What exactly is ur point oga?

3 Likes

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by cpu2006(m): 3:36pm On Jun 20, 2023
ganisucks:

dont denies your Brother. he is your Brother

1 Like

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by hafeeanubasy: 3:38pm On Jun 20, 2023
Monsignor22:
Your great grand fathers up to this generation are Idiots,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by mdimefields: 3:45pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ezewuzie01:
Keep quiet bro. What effect does an appointment has on general Igbo well being. What effect does it have on you, rather than bragging right.
Go and study the history of Igbo Eze North, that is bordering Kogi, then you will know that Igbos of that axis borrowed a lot from their neighbors, these include names. This is normal as Igbos on the fringe will always borrow from their neighbors, vice versa.
Why are you guys this emotional over everything. I wouldn't want to site your state of origin.
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by wonder233: 3:52pm On Jun 20, 2023
There are some ibo names that even the most deep ibo speaker don't know their meanings:
For instance OBILAKABA, a friend of mine from Imo state bears that name, till date, no other ibo person could say what the name means.
One of my colleagues during NYSC surname was OKOGBUE, she kept trying to defend her ibo heritage when we all gist.
ganisucks:

1 Like

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Ogene001: 4:02pm On Jun 20, 2023
ganisucks:
Ogalla is not from the south east. There's no such name in the South East.
He is from Osogbo. Olodo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

London Court Freezes Akingbola‘s £83m Properties / Okorocha Declares Imo Bankrupt / Undeniable Bitter Truth About Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.