Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From (4719 Views)

Atiku Vs Tinubu: Headless Mob Is Masturbating Over Nothing - Tinubu Lawyer Ogala / Ogala Is Yoruba Name Not Igala (pictures) / Oshiomhole Replies Babatunde Ogala APC Legal Adviser: You Take Directive From Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Ogene001: 4:03pm On Jun 20, 2023
Y
yemmight:
We done try and pick someone from your region and you are still saying that place in not south-east. When will you people stop wailing?
Are you sure you read the thread very well?
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Ogene001: 4:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
ganisucks:

What does Ogala mean in Igbo. You don't have to lie to prove your point.
It's their dialect. Only the people from that village know the meaning. What does Umahi mean in Igbo? What of Otti? Some names are from local dialects and have to translation in general Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Ogene001: 4:07pm On Jun 20, 2023
helinues:

Must you refer to others to deal with your issue?

That's whataboutism
Who are you to tell people how to live their lives?
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Jd10k(m): 4:16pm On Jun 20, 2023
Look at the people shouting one Nigeria during the last Lagos state Gubernatorial election here saying their Brother from Enugu state is not Igbos enough. This Hatred and Wailing is Eternal.

4 Likes

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Achobaisiochu: 4:26pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ezewuzie01:
Someone asked a pertinent question in the first thread that the OP has been dodging since. What does Ogalla mean in the Igbo language? This is why Yorubas are smarter than Igbos.Tinubu appointed an Igala man to take a position that should rightfully belong to Ndi Igbo and some efulefus are already celebrating angry
Ewu! What is wrong with you idi.ots! Even if he's Igala man as far as he is a South Eastern, we have been fully represented.
South East comprises of different ethnicity; Igbo majority and minorities like Igala, Idoma, Annangs and others.
So you are saying that these minorities tribes in South East will suffer and pass different hurdles with the Igbos and when it's celebration time, they will be relegated to the background.
This why the northerners are more formidable, they don't care about your tribe as long as you are a northerner and believe in North, even though Hausa is majority.
Do you know that Buhari, Dangote, Atiku, Shettima and some most high profile northerners are not of Hausa ethnicity.
Imagine me, as core Anambra boy and of South East origin, who believes, struggled and fight for my State and my region will be sidelined by my own people, God willing, I rose to a high profile position just because I'm of Igala origin.
It's very pathetic and discriminatory, I must be very honest.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Ogene001: 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2023
Jd10k:
Look at the people shouting one Nigeria during the last Lagos state Gubernatorial election here saying their Brother from Enugu state is not Igbos enough. This Hatred and Wailing is Eternal.
Are you sure you read the thread at all. You people are empty
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Ogene001: 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2023
Achobaisiochu:
Ewu! What is wrong with you idi.ots! Even if he's Igala man as far as he is a South Eastern, we have been fully represented.
South East comprises of different ethnicity; Igbo majority and minorities like Igala, Idoma, Annangs and others.
So you are saying that these minorities tribes in South East will suffer and pass different hurdles with the Igbos and when it's celebration time, they will be relegated to the background.
This why the northerners are more formidable, they don't care about your tribe as long as you are a northerner and believe in North, even though Hausa is majority.
Do you know that Buhari, Dangote, Atiku, Shettima and some most high profile northerners are not of Hausa ethnicity.
Imagine me, as core Anambra boy and of South East origin, who believes, struggled and fight for my State and my region will be sidelined by my own people, God willing, I rose to a high profile position just because I'm of Igala origin.
It's very pathetic and discriminatory, I must be very honest.
These Ronu miscreants are the bane of progress in Nigeria
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Raskimonojendor: 4:33pm On Jun 20, 2023
Jd10k:

Same hypocrites wanted to force Gbarebo that can't even pronounce his own name properly on Lagosians.

richie240:
Leave am, we like am like that!
Tinubu use one stone kill 2 birds: he chose a nc-se (igala-igbo) man.
grin. grin
grin grin grin

He threw confusion in their midst grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Goodvibes007: 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ezewuzie01:
Someone asked a pertinent question in the first thread that the OP has been dodging since. What does Ogalla mean in the Igbo language? This is why Yorubas are smarter than Igbos.Tinubu appointed an Igala man to take a position that should rightfully belong to Ndi Igbo and some efulefus are already celebrating angry
I support you nwanne. They are real efulefus
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Ogene001: 4:39pm On Jun 20, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

grin grin grin

You are the only confused person here. Enugu Ezike is a large town such that one town made up one local government. The only tiny Igala community in the LGA is Etteh. Ikechukwu Ogala is from Umuopu in Enugu Ezike. Ogala is not Igala name. Mention any Igala by that name. The name has roots in their own dialect. Not every Igbo name has meaning in general Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Ogene001: 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2023
Goodvibes007:

I support you nwanne. They are real efulefus
Shut up. He is from Enugu Ezike. Ogala/Ogara is popular Enugu Ezike name

1 Like

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Goodvibes007: 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Tinubu knows ethnic make up of Nigeria like the palm of his hands. He has been preparing for this job for a while. He deliberately chose Ogala to expose the bigotry in the SE.

On twitter, the ibos have been running around like headless chickens wailing that the man is not Ibo. They are wailing because the so called drug lord chose an igala man from Enugu 😂

1 Like

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Achobaisiochu: 4:41pm On Jun 20, 2023
AlexBells:

There has been fights there in Etteh however like you say, about 40% of the people in the Geographical Etteh are Igbos howeber these Igbos are mainly from UmuOpu and Arji the remaining sixty percent are mixed with Idoma and so on, those ones agitate to be part of Kogi however the Etteh people the core ones have a lot of disparity from we Igbos for instance,

last two years the governor's league was going on in Igbo Eze North the came for the league without their passport in their file which they could be swapping players from their interior closer to Igala by substituting with Igala players, we said no, the said match was supposed to be Etteh and my community Igogoro we walked them over, so the Igbos amonng them are from Enugu Ezike, there are however some Succesful Etteh politicians like Alachi who are successful in Igbo Eze North politics
My brother, this people are your brothers and sisters don't use because of all these inner Igbos discriminative mindset and deny them.
We all understood how most of our towns and villages at the boundaries are formed whether you speaks Igbo or Igala.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Goodvibes007: 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

wonderful.. they(igbos) are now fighting themselves
It's the Lord's doing 🤣

2 Likes

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Goodvibes007: 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2023
CockAndBullStor:
Yorubas, please stay off this thread. Let's keep laughing at them as they fight dirty at the market square.

Ogalla is Ibo, oh no he's not ibo!

OSUs, you all have the floor, fight dirty - killed or be killed!

grin
🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Raskimonojendor: 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2023
Goodvibes007:

It's the Lord's doing 🤣
And it's marvelous in our sight. They have never been United. Their governors are always fighting each other. Tinubu seems to be uniting them now. I remember the video that circulated during the election period when a man an elderly said a man whose great grandfather is from Ebonyi and for that reason, he could not be one a governor in Enugu.

They also have the OSU caste system. They don't see Ebonyi people as real ibo. We also saw the exco selection book in Alaba where Ebonyi people, and I think Enugu people were given very little Exco slots. We can go on and on.

I have laughed so much on twitter and Facebook today eh. Confused people now hoping to serve under the drug baron they insulted several times grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by AlexBells(m): 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2023
Achobaisiochu:
My brother, this people are your brothers and sisters don't use because of all these inner Igbos discriminative mindset and deny them.
We all understood how most of our towns and villages at the boundaries are formed whether you speaks Igbo or Igala.
They don't want to be Igbo, it is just like saying do not use this or that to deny Ikwerre, he that chase himself out of Vehicles should not say the Vehicle did not reach him, Igbos are no longer in that stage of begging anyone, anyone who deny us should stay that way, if you accept honestly we dont chase anybody
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by TERMlNATOR(m): 4:56pm On Jun 20, 2023
AlexBells:

Ogala that I can treck to his house from my house in Igogoro Enugu Ezike lol,
ishi side ole ne enugu ezike?
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Raskimonojendor: 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
Footballer754:

Ibos disgracing themselves!!!
Yes o.

1 Like

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by AlexBells(m): 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
TERMlNATOR:
ishi side ole ne enugu ezike?
Abekwam onye Igogoro Onichabede
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by maxist2020(m): 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ogalla is an Igbo man by Western geographic demarcation. Ogalla is an igala name that is particulate with the Kogi east, however the community (that is Enugu Ezike) was formally under igala kingdom, this is the same with almost all Nsukka communities. We have such communities like UNADU OBAKA, (enedu Obaka who was a junior brother to Ajogwu the founder of Akpanya whom both of them left Idah on hunting expenditure) ENUGU EZIKE, IBAGWA (Ibe egwa heart of beans) OBUKPA (OBU KPA which means Na toto kill ) AND NSUKKA ASADU (ACHADU the wife of ATTAH the wife of ATTAH Igala) all the names I mentioned above are all igala names and they also know about it as most of the family have refused to change their igala names, they still answer names like Aba, idoko, ogbaje, Ameh, Onu, osai, Igala, Arji,Abu etc.
Even in tradition the communities I mentioned have their place in ATTAH igala palace as they are still recognised as part of igala even though they are in another state.
I believe with this the dout about his identity will be cleared

1 Like

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by kozmokaz(m): 5:57pm On Jun 20, 2023
ganisucks:

What does Ogala mean in Igbo. You don't have to lie to prove your point.

What does Otis mean in igbo?
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by nengibo: 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2023
ekineme:

Ogalla Means " He will go" it's a native name, I am sure most people don't know names like, Ogalla, Ogodo, Jaja, Okpoto, Amalla, Eke etc are all igboid native names.

People from Ebonyi state bears the name too.
There is Igbo language and there is Igbo dialect.
Most igboid communities has distinct native names. The problem we have is people that has not travelled out of their maternal home talking authoritatively as if they have knowledge of what they know nothing about.

Jaja( JuwoJuwo) is not Igboid but an Ibani native name.
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Okoroawusa: 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2023
As an Igbo man I am ashamed of this thread. To even think that this will be a topic for discussion is beyond my wildest imagination.

E np go better for the person wey do Igbos this thing....I swear!

2 Likes

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by ekineme: 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
nengibo:

Jaja( JuwoJuwo) is not Igboid but an Ibani native name.

Jaja Anucha Wachukwu, is from Enugu state, Check his biography
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Monsignor22: 8:58pm On Jun 20, 2023
hafeeanubasy:

Your great grand fathers up to this generation are Idiots,
One of the grand imbeciles proves my point!
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Monsignor22: 9:05pm On Jun 20, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

you started well but u end badly

una see say una get problem one person is more igbotic than the other as you guys said

leave that lagos man that have only travel to ibadan all his life alone, he is not feeling superior to ibadan

igbo problem is simple i will narrate it in a sentence if 2 igbo is fighting, if u try to separate them, they will stop fighting and both of them will begin fighting u,
their problem is hate and propaganda their solution is also hate and propaganda

thank you

Focus on your region and leave Igbos alone!!! The problem with you yorubaas is that you are too annoyingly meddlesome, nobody asked for your daft psychoanalytic opinions about Igbos, we're not the ones who fought a bloody Kiriji war like your people that tore apart your civilization for years until the British came to save your savage asses. The Igbos regardless of which state they come from built themselves up from the ashes of a bloody uncivil war, it didn't whether you came from Abia, Enugu, Anambra, Imo or Ebonyi...we came TOGERHER as one Igbo race and fucking bounced back to our former glory. We're the ONLY ethnic group in Nigeria that financially empower each other through the apprenticeship system that we've practiced for years, regardless of state an Igbo man who has made it big will always go back home, pick one of his brother who is struggling and teach him the business of how to run a business, and after some years of service he will settle that his brother to set up his own business- that's the value of of wealth distribution and selflessness of the Igbo value!

Focus on your myopic ignorance in your Lagos-Ogun expressway bubble and leave us the Bleep alone.

2 Likes

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by JOemmy(m): 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2023
ganisucks:
Ogalla is not from the south east. There's no such name in the South East.

Go kill urself na to prove ur point.

1 Like

Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by Fortruth: 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2023
AlexBells:
Mischief makers are determined on their divisive antics against the Igbo Nation but this time, Ezikoba is Not some Igbophobic part of AlaIgbo, we are a core part of the Igbo Nation. I had never hidden that I'm from Ezikoba and Ikechukwu Ogala is a proud son of Umopu Ada in Enugu Ezike, AlaIgbo, Nigeria.

The difference I used to have with some of my Igbo brothers and sisters here is that I believe in the Federal Republic of Nigeria but that's quite minor as the Igbo in me is greater than the Nigerian in me and if there's ever a referendum and Biafra wins, I will gladly join my brothers and sisters, I however wish that Nigeria get better than divide and if division becomes eminent, I had always prefered AlaIgbo Republic to Biafra having said that not just Ikechukwu but the entire Ezikoba apart from Etteh community which while being in Igbo Eze North is not part of Enugu Ezike as such may not be Igbo.

They said that we are stone but see who is in charge of the fleets, I continue to maintain that the Igbo Nation don't have issues with Yorubas and apart from the terrorisms of some Fulanis we also don't have issues with them, the only people we have slight issues with are the Ijaws and I had always said this issue can be settled peacefully however the creeks are about to be in the right hand for those recklessly accusing our navy especially.

We shall explore all peaceful option and like I said I stand with Peter Obi until the court have done their due diligence however I thank Bola Tinubu for some of the actions so far especially the removal of the qouter system in education albeit indirectly.

Aligbo Republic lol

Nonsense

Biafra is what we know
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by AlexBells(m): 9:43pm On Jun 20, 2023
Fortruth:

Aligbo Republic lol

Nonsense

Biafra is what we know
It is within your right to have preference, I respect that and taken note, when and if the time is ever right, then you caste your vote on that and let others do theirs
Re: Clearing The Air On Issue Of Whether Ikechukwu Ogala Is Igbo, Myself Being From by delpee(f): 9:43pm On Jun 20, 2023
Ezewuzie01:

I'm not Igbo but I know there are ethnic groups within every tribe with different dialects. You'll have to understand every dialect (not just central Igbo) before coming to the conclusion that the name has no meaning in Igbo language.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Military regimes and anti-corruption initiatives / Nigeria's First Lady Flies Into Rage On Missed D.C Trip---huffington Post / Military Releases Pics Of Weapons Seized From BH After Recapturing territories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.