Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,221 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House (18610 Views)

Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child / My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Jamie1000: 5:03pm On Jun 21, 2023
360clips:
So you moved out of your father's house because you wanted to get more respect from vagina people? How did that play out for you? You must be the most foolish simp I've ever met on here. Stewpid nigga!

And this is the only point you picked out of this. You must be a coward. I moved out early and it helped me assume responsibility, network better, start up a business, family and Completely independent. Who wants to marry a man who is in his 40s and still in his father's house. I won't give my daughter out to such a fool.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by oleary(m): 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2023
Different strokes for different folks.

Years before I left home, I was doing well enough (to the best of my ability then) as a young person to afford moving away from home but I did not.

Why pay rent somewhere else in the same city when home was comfortable for me? I stayed back, contributed to some home expenses like gas, fuel for generator and would occasionally give my parents and siblings a treat by coming home with goodies ( I wasn't mandated to do so). This way, I was never seen as a burden.

October 2021, I got a two bedroom bungalow but didn't move in.
November 11 & 13 2021 I got married.
November 16 2021 i moved my things from my parents place to my apartment and on the 17th I began sleeping in the apartment.

I moved at 30!

Do what works for you and never succumb to useless pressure. Do your analysis and be realistic.

3 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Jamie1000: 5:16pm On Jun 21, 2023
Even a white man will kick his son out of the House once he's 25 and still leaving under the same roof. The difference is African life is slow.over there A 25 year old is already way ahead in life. But, you will see a 30 year old, still eating Mommy Thank you. And if care is not taken, he will remain there until 40.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by juman(m): 5:40pm On Jun 21, 2023
Dont stay idle doing nothing.
You must be doing one thing or the other earning money.
Start from any job.
You can join your friends in what they do.
You can join your neighbour in their job.
You can join your parents in the job they got money they used to train you.

You are committing crime against your soul by doing nothing stay idling around.
You are irresponsible.

Go and work.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by yemi1504: 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2023
RTID:
There is no shame in staying with your parents if you're not ready to move out.
It can only be a problem if you're eligible to be independent and you're not trying to do something about it.

Exactly! Once you can pay the bills and not starve being alone, you can move. No go starve for your own house based on wetin people go say.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by yemi1504: 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2023
talented321:
Pls leave people to live their lifes the way they want, living with your parent is not a barrier, somethings it is very fun if your parents are good, yours is to assist them with what you can. All this pressures they cause depression

Abi
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by juman(m): 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2023
Modern nigeria is possible.

A country where at age of eighteen, the adult child can easily move out of the parents house and live independently.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by yemi1504: 5:50pm On Jun 21, 2023
GodWrites:
Once you graduate from Uni, don't ever think of going back to your father's house. Being an adult is no child's play, but you will be proud you left. The comfort zone is not a place to be.

With no jobs and underemployment outside? Hmmmm. Your face show.

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by juman(m): 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2023
You see eighteen, nineteen, twenty years old live by their own, studying and doing some little job in the evening and use a car.

Better nigeria is possible.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Kobojunkie: 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2023
Jamie1000:
■ And this is the only point you picked out of this. You must be a coward. I moved out early and it helped me assume responsibility, network better, start up a business, family and Completely independent. Who wants to marry a man who is in his 40s and still in his father's house. I won't give my daughter out to such a fool.
FYI, a woman would rather marry a man who left home after building himself up and maybe even built his own house and company from there, than marry a man who moved out early and was unable to save up anything or even build anything for himself in the name of hustle as a result. undecided

Commonsense is key! Women ultimately desire men who are not only capable but are proven, not men who are all mouth and no substance as is the case with the vast majority who rushed out early thinking that hustling is all it takes to succeed. undecided
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by yemi1504: 5:52pm On Jun 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What you described in bold is indicator that one is rather still immature and not properly able to separate ego from reality. You leave when you are sure and need to, not when you think you have to. undecided

Abi
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Kobojunkie: 5:56pm On Jun 21, 2023
juman:
Modern nigeria is possible.

A country where at age of eighteen, the adult child can easily move out of the parents house and live independently.
Possible only if there are jobs and opportunities to help with that. Even in developer nations, many no longer leave home at that age as recession has taught them to stay back and find their footing before leaving. So na for Nigeria you go dey blow this kain trumpet for? undecided
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by juman(m): 5:59pm On Jun 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Possible only if there are jobs and opportunities to help with that. Even in developer nations, many no longer leave home at that age as recession has taught them to stay back and find their footing before leaving. So na for Nigeria you go dey blow this kain trumpet for? undecided

Recession will not be there forever.
Hope biden is voted out.
War in ukraine is big problem to world economy.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Kobojunkie: 6:01pm On Jun 21, 2023
juman:
■ Recession will not be there forever.
Hope biden is voted out.
War in ukraine is big problem to world economy.
Stop deviating. The point is Nigeria with its terrible economic situation is no place for any child to be in a rush to leave home unless there is danger at home. undecided
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Jamie1000: 6:01pm On Jun 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
FYI, a woman would rather marry a man who left home after building himself up and maybe even built his own house and company from there, than marry a man who moved out early and was unable to save up anything or even build anything for himself in the name of hustle as a result. undecided

Commonsense is key! Women ultimately desire men who are not only capable but are proven, not men who are all mouth and no substance as is the case with the vast majority who rushed out early thinking that hustling is all it takes to succeed. undecided

What you don't understand is ppl who move out in due time have more zeal to succeed than you still at home saving kobo kobo. Satan purnish, Eventually,
family problem will take it all. And even if you need to move, you will willl require more capital to start. Check your frnds who are still at home. Compare to those who move out at the right time. You're even more prone to meet like minds and share information.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by juman(m): 6:07pm On Jun 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Stop deviating. The point is Nigeria with its terrible economic situation is no place for any child to be in a rush to leave home unless there is danger at home. undecided

I wrote modern nigeria is possible.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Kobojunkie: 6:09pm On Jun 21, 2023
Jamie1000:
■ What you don't understand is ppl who move out in due time have more zeal to succeed than you still at home saving kobo kobo. Satan purnish, Eventually,
family problem will take it all. And even if you need to move, you will willl require more capital to start. Check your frnds who are still at home. Compare to those who move out at the right time. You're even more prone to meet like minds and share information.
There is absolutely no truth to any of what you just said. The zeal to succeed has nothing to do with zeal to succeed as it is quite possible to succeed from wherever you find yourself, it instead depends on what it is you are looking to succeed at. undecided

Sitting at home does not mean family problem will overwhelm you. And meeting like minds has to do with networking with people not living with said people. So, let's stop confusing things in order to justify that which can't sanely work in all cases. If you work in a company for example, among all those who you think are doing well, you will find those still living with their parents and those struggling to find a decent place to live. There are so many business owners today who started their company right in their parent's home. Some eventually moved out while others simply moved the business alone out of the house. undecided
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Jun 21, 2023
juman:
■ I wrote modern nigeria is possible.
What good is your modern Nigeria to anyone on this thread today? undecided
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by GodWrites: 6:13pm On Jun 21, 2023
yemi1504:

With no jobs and underemployment outside? Hmmmm. Your face show.

Is it by staying home that you will get the job?
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by yemi1504: 6:15pm On Jun 21, 2023
GodWrites:

Is it by staying home that you will get the job?

Is it by getting a house that you will get a job? Some people like they starve in order to impress other people sha.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by juman(m): 6:17pm On Jun 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What good is your modern Nigeria to anyone on this thread today? undecided

Okay my aunty.
I surrender. I agree with you ma.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Kobojunkie: 6:19pm On Jun 21, 2023
GodWrites:
■ Is it by staying home that you will get the job?
You mean you must move out before you can get a job? Curse dey your papa house or wetin? undecided
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Jamie1000: 6:19pm On Jun 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
There is absolutely no truth to any of what you just said. The zeal to succeed has nothing to do with zeal to succeed as it is quite possible to succeed from wherever you find yourself, it instead depends on what it is you are looking to succeed at. undecided

Sitting at home does not mean family problem will overwhelm you. And meeting like minds has to do with networking with people not living with said people. So, let's stop confusing things in order to justify that which can't sanely work in all cases. If you work in a company for example, among all those who you think are doing well, you will find those still living with their parents and those struggling to find a decent place to live. There are so many business owners today who started their company right in their parent's home. Some eventually moved out while others simply moved the business alone out of the house. undecided

Do what suits you. Maybe you should move out at 50
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Jun 21, 2023
Jamie1000:
■ Do what suits you. Maybe you should move out at 50
Look, moving out it something some do while others don't. Pretending it has to be done in order to obtain success is to be unaware of reality as it really exists. No law says one must move out, nor is there a cultural mandate that one move out no matter what. It is all for good reason as it lets individuals decide when it is best for each to leave if it is a desire. undecided

So, a 50-year-old staying back breaks no law and so should not be looked down on, particularly by the ignorant masses. undecided
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by akube34: 6:46pm On Jun 21, 2023
NwaliE01:

Yes bro.. i did and still do.
na so una go Dey lie. 17 wey never finish secondary school for Nigeria. Which landlord go rent house give 17 years old boy. Abeggi
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Jamie1000: 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Look, moving out it something some do while others don't. Pretending it has to be done in order to obtain success is to be unaware of reality as it really exists. No law says one must move out, nor is there a cultural mandate that one move out no matter what. It is all for good reason as it lets individuals decide when it is best for each to leave if it is a desire. undecided

So, a 50-year-old staying back breaks no law and so should not be looked down on, particularly by the ignorant masses. undecided

Kudos
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by SirLakes: 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2023
Don't leave your parents house and still depend on them for house rent and feeding allowance. That's not cool, you are a burden to them if you do that.

Alot of people do this without shame, and still pressure others saying they are independent.... it's very bad!!!

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by 360clips: 7:11pm On Jun 21, 2023
Jamie1000:

And this is the only point you picked out of this. You must be a coward. I moved out early and it helped me assume responsibility, network better, start up a business, family and Completely independent. Who wants to marry a man who is in his 40s and still in his father's house. I won't give my daughter out to such a fool.
oh! So it's all about vagina women and how to impress them. What a slowpoke. What about doing of all these for yourself and personal achievement. Instead of doing all these bullshit you posted up there for women. They wouldn't still like you! To tell you the truth, your foolish wife never loved you and never will! Just did it to escape poverty. lipsrsealed
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Jamie1000: 7:22pm On Jun 21, 2023
360clips:
oh! So it's all about vagina women and how to impress them. What a slowpoke. What about doing of all these for yourself and personal achievement. Instead of doing all these bullshit you posted up there for women. They wouldn't still like you! To tell you the truth, your foolish wife never loved you and never will! Just did it to escape poverty. lipsrsealed

Go and wash plate make mommy give you food....40 years old man

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Jun 21, 2023
Jamie1000:
■ Go and wash plate make mommy give you food
LOL.... do you not wash plate where you live right now? Or do you think yourself better having to do it all alone? undecided

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:05pm On Jun 21, 2023
Totally agree. I wish to live with my parents, especially my mum forever, and wish to be there to help when she gets older. life has it that I have to move on to fend for my own family. No rush!
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by 360clips: 8:08pm On Jun 21, 2023
Jamie1000:

Go and wash plate make mommy give you food
mumu man! Next!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's So Special About Twins??? / Pastor Blessed With Triplets After 25yrs Of Childlessness! / Living In Nigeria Without A Job, How Are You Enjoying The Holidays? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.