Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,325 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House (18510 Views)

Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / When Is The Best Age To Give Sex Education To Your Child / My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by FalseProphet1(m): 1:59pm On Jun 21, 2023
sad
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Kobojunkie: 2:00pm On Jun 21, 2023
talented321:
Pls leave people to live their lifes the way they want, living with your parent is not a barrier, somethings it is very fun if your parents are good, yours is to assist them with what you can. All this pressures they cause depression
Particularly for those who have yet to learn how to tackle loneliness, staying back at home with parents is the best at least they can help identify issues and maybe bring it to the mind of the kid even if he is unwilling to broach it. undecided
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by dyera(m): 2:00pm On Jun 21, 2023
Una don start again.

Anyway, there is no 30+ years old man that lives with his parents and his parents would not constantly nag about him leaving the house to go create his family.

No matter the contributions the man is making to the house, the parents would still prefer he send money to them while living away.

What this means is simple, there is no 30+ years old man that can live comfortably with his parents.

6 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by geesilver(m): 2:01pm On Jun 21, 2023
When you start making your own money or when you feel your privacy is more important to you

4 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by wink2015(m): 2:02pm On Jun 21, 2023
There is really no age limit as long as you have peace in your parents house.

But the wise thing is to be creative while there.

Learn skills that can make you self Independence.

If they have sufficient money they can give you loan to start up a business that can feed you for life and also get you your own accommodation.

5 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by phemmyfour: 2:05pm On Jun 21, 2023
RTID:
There is no shame in staying with your parents if you're not ready to move out.
It can only be a problem if you're eligible to be independent and you're not trying to do something about it.
When you can feed yourself and responsible for shelter over your head

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Deloe: 2:05pm On Jun 21, 2023
There's really no age limit it's all depends on when you feel comfortable enough to do things on your own and also taking the financial strength of your parent into consideration, if they are struggling to take care of the household it's not nice to add to their burden after finishing education, but generally it's best to start taking care of yourself as soon as you are through with your education.

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Onyiiobi7735(m): 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2023
There's nothing like the best age to move out.Once you are responsible enough,can adequately cater for yourself and have a steady source of income, you can move out even if you are 25.
Moreover if you are not financially stable enough to get a place for yourself, remain in your parents'house till you can be able to sort yourself out.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by olisefom: 2:10pm On Jun 21, 2023
The best age! When the person attains self sufficiency.

Financial/physical/mental.

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by blingxx(m): 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Lazy and Unserious Fellow.

What were you doing under the Roof of your Parents at the Age of A Whole 17 Years Old??

You stayed too long before you left.

I left my Parents House at the Age of 7 Years Old and I'm a Millionaire today.

See this lazy man.. Me that I left at 2yrs old.. After I learnt to walk undecided

5 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by abobote: 2:15pm On Jun 21, 2023
At any age you feel, you can take care of yourself and your bills
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by blingxx(m): 2:16pm On Jun 21, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
There's nothing like the best age to move out.Once you are responsible enough,can adequately cater for yourself and have a steady source of income, you can move out even if you are 25.
Moreover if you are not financially stable enough to get a place for yourself, remain in your parents'house till you can be able to sort yourself out.

You dey mind the Mumu pple cheesy someone even said he left at 7yrs cheesy to do what exactly trying to oppress others with their Mumu lies... I have one of my niqqa in his early 30s trying to talk me onto leaving knowing my monthly income o(no one is obviously feeding me).. Guess what.. He's dad still gives him monthly allowance of 50k from UK, he doesn't even buy his own clothes with his own money , I just hiss.. Na wrong advice dey kill some pple in this country

8 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Adewale1603(m): 2:18pm On Jun 21, 2023
verybadmouth:
How about those that don't have parents?
They automatically left when they became orphans
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Onyiiobi7735(m): 2:18pm On Jun 21, 2023
blingxx:

You dey mind the Mumu pple cheesy someone even said he left at 7yrs cheesy to do what exactly trying to oppress others with their Mumu lies... I have one of my niqqa in his early 30s trying to talk me onto leaving knowing my monthly income o(no one is obviously feeding me).. Guess what.. He's dad still gives him monthly allowance of 50k everything, I just hiss
Lol! So many liars abound here.
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Kobojunkie: 2:19pm On Jun 21, 2023
blingxx:
■ You dey mind the Mumu pple cheesy someone even said he left at 7yrs cheesy to do what exactly trying to oppress others with their Mumu lies... I have one of my niqqa in his early 30s trying to talk me onto leaving knowing my monthly income o(no one is obviously feeding me).. Guess what.. He's dad still gives him monthly allowance of 50k everything, I just hiss
The guy obviously hates your guts then, so why again do you call him your niqqa? undecided

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Adewale1603(m): 2:20pm On Jun 21, 2023
It is 18years in America.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Jerkbaba: 2:20pm On Jun 21, 2023
rubbish! next!

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Ologbon1: 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2023
True talk..like many of my friend told me leave your parent house and you will be su ccessful..all na wash...even if I am with them I will still work hard, pay all bills by myself.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Kobojunkie: 2:25pm On Jun 21, 2023
Adewale1603:
It is 18years in America.
That one lie! 18 is simply age of adulthood, no be age to move out of home. Get it right. There are many even 40-year Olds still living at home for one reason or another here. After the last recession, people realized for themselves that it is foolishness to follow the crowd. undecided

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by easzypeaszy(m): 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2023
From my experience in life
The earlier the better.
1% mk it big in life in der father's house.
Most Nigeria celebrities are actually bad chuudren dat left home early.
If u dey form good girl good boy goo chld.. No gree comot house.. OYO is ur case

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Kobojunkie: 2:27pm On Jun 21, 2023
Ologbon1:
True talk..like many of my friend told me leave your parent house and you will be su ccessful..all na wash...even if I am with them I will still work hard, pay all bills by myself.
It is better to pitch in at home with your parents and save up to eventually move when you are good and ready than to cast yourself out there when you have nothing tangible in the way of earnings, resources, etc. undecided

4 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by easzypeaszy(m): 2:27pm On Jun 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That one lie! 18 is simply age of adulthood, no be age to move out of home. Get it right. There are many even 40-year Olds still living at home for one reason or another here. After the last recession, people realized for themselves that it is foolishness to follow the crowd. undecided
not a lie.. In America u may hv to pay fr everything in the house once u are 18
Some parents wl even send u out b4 the 18th.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Kobojunkie: 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2023
easzypeaszy:
■not a lie.. In America u may hv to pay fr everything in the house once u are 18
■ Some parents wl even send u out b4 the 18th.
I live in America. What you said amounts to bullsheet talk! undecided

2. Some parents sending their kids out before 18 has to do with individual reasons and not America. undecided

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Ebymyk(m): 2:28pm On Jun 21, 2023
True that...
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Blankstare(m): 2:29pm On Jun 21, 2023
Michaelspresh:
As a lady..I prefer to stay with my parents till I get married
But my dad won't let me ..he likes his children to be independent so they could survive anywhere, anytime without him

What can of principle is your dad using on you? A female staying alone is a no no
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
Some look down on people still living with their parents as poor or mediocre people not knowing that majority of those people are the ones taking huge responsibility of the family as the parents are more if retired people or aged people who have little to offer.....atimes they even cater for those that ran away to stay alone due to too much Billings in the family house....

There are only two kinds of people I can appluade in this issue.....

Those still staying with their parents and still contribute more than 50% in the house for upkeeps

And those that left their parents house and still contribute heavily for their parents and even siblings in the family house....

Apart from these two set of people....others are just mere opportunists seeking for either parasitic mode of life by still living with their parents or those avoiding calls and Billings from home by running away...lols

3 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 21, 2023
Anytime you want to. If your family is fun, there's every tendency you will stick around for as long as possible. But if they're not fun or if they start to encourage into your personal affair, try to dictate some aspects of your life to you. I say it's time to cut them up. Move. I think they've lived their lives and should allow you to live yours. Freedom is enshrined in the Nigerian constitution. If you allow yourself to live by another set of rules not dictated by the constitution, then it's either your an illiterate(can't read or write), uninformed or just simply daft. Because at that point, you're simply being controlled. Your a mumu!.

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by inkon: 2:33pm On Jun 21, 2023

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Kobojunkie: 2:34pm On Jun 21, 2023
Blankstare:
■ What can of principle is your dad using on you? A female staying alone is a no no
Females much like males are able to move out when they are good and ready to, although culture pretends it is right for the female to stay until marriage, ignoring the fact that there are cases where the female would chose not to want to marry at all, or even decide to pursue self improvement before marriage. undecided
Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by Exceed15: 2:34pm On Jun 21, 2023
When you are ready to cater for yourself.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Best Age For Someone To Leave His Or Her Parents House by haybee2018(m): 2:34pm On Jun 21, 2023
when your di3k nor fit stand erect again.... grin grin
if you know, you know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Do You Say When Someone Sneezes Around You: "Bless You"?? / An Open Letter To My Co-Tenant By A Nairalander / Husband Taking Meat From The Pot Of Soup/stew: Whats Ur Take On This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.