Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

The Hate On White Garment Churches - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Hate On White Garment Churches (39786 Views)

Female Member Of A White Garment Church Seen Smoking Weed In Edo (Pix, Video) / Gbe Body Inside A White Garment Church (Photos) / White Garment Church Members Twerk In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by otipoju(m): 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2023
FxMasterz:

We don't speak unintelligible language when we speak in tongues. It's unintelligible to you because you don't understand the language. Sometimes the tongues are interpreted, and everyone understands what is being said.

Those whom you hear repeating just one word all the time are people who have not grown up spiritually. I speak a whole language at a go by the grace of God. I don't speak repeated syllables. I speak several languages too.

If you don't understand Fanti language of Ghana, and you hear someone saying Mi da o asi, mi da o asi, mi da o si, several times, wouldn't that look unintelligible to you? Meanwhile that person is giving thanks to God. Mi da o asi means, I give you thanks. The same way your own native language would look unintelligible to someone who doesn't understand it. Paul explained it by saying the fellow would look like a barbarian to you. We're not talking about those who are faking it. There are those who fake it. That's completely unscriptural. Very wrong. The first time you're baptised, your tongue moves uncontrollably. You're not in control of what you're saying. What you're saying looks unintelligible to even you the speaker. But the Lord understands the language.

Look, we do not mix anything together or train people on what to say or do. It's just a simple prayer of faith:

"Lord, this Your servant has a desire to be filled by Your Presence and to be baptised by Your Holy Spirit. We come before You because You've promised that anyone who asks receives. Give him Lord your Holy Spirit as You did on the day of Pentecost. Do it Father, for we pray in Jesus name." That's all. We leave the rest to God and He never fails to answer. Sometimes, the person speaks a full language same day he was baptized, and there'll be interpretation. It is purely from above without any human input or interference. That's how it was on the day of Pentecost.

Regarding the woman with the issue of blood. I understand that you're a leader and most possibly heading a church. You wouldn't love to give up on this practice but I'll tell you the truth.

First, it is blasphemy to say the woman drained Jesus of His power. You don't seem to understand who Jesus is. Jesus cannot be said to possess the power of God. That's an understatement because He Himself is the Power. The Bible calls Him "...the wisdom of God and the power of God."

Now, you seem to think that power is something quantifiable which could be reduced or increased and therefore could be deducted, leading to a drain. No. Not so.

The power of God is simply the Presence of the Holy Spirit and His manifestation in our lives. That's why Jesus said, "Ye shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you."

It's the work of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Spirit moves to do the things He wants to do, and He's not inhibited by a woman's mensural flow. Even Jesus said, "...the Father that dwells in me, He does the work. I can of my own self do nothing." What makes you think He could be drained? "For In Him dwelleth the fullness of the Godhead bodily."

Power isn't fluid. Though it moves like a river. It isn't drainable because it's a Person. The Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost Himself is called the Spirit of Christ.

For instance, if you're sharing your wisdom with someone from morning till night, wouldn't it sound absurd to you if someone suddenly walks in and says to the fellow you're sharing your wisdom with, "Leave the man alone, you've been receiving from his wisdom since morning, you're draining his wisdom." Just as wisdom cannot be drained, so also is power. Wisdom isn't fluid, same as power.

What happened was that Jesus knew that someone tapped from Him because He felt a sensation. And yeah, you could feel something like electric current coursing through you when you minister the power of God to somebody. You'll feel the Holy Spirit reaching out and touching someone. That's what Jesus felt. He was never drained.

We who are His servants never feel drained let alone the Lord. He's the source. And the source is infinite. Infinite and immeasurable manifestation of the Spirit of God. We are just channels. We're never sources. We're conduits through whom the Holy Ghost moves to bless lives. There's nothing like draining. It's heretic. And when used against the Lord, it's blasphemous. There's nowhere in the scriptures where the power of God was ever drained from someone. In the case of Samson, the Spirit of God simply departed from him. Only sin can obstruct the move of the Holy Ghost. Not menses. Menses may affect demons. Not the Spirit of God.

Regarding prophecies, yeah, we prophesy by the Spirit of God. "I prophesy into your life..." No, that's not prophesy. That's prophetic prayer. It's not telling you what has happened or what would happen. It's just a word of prayer. The same way Ezekiel prophesied to make the dry bones live. A prayer of command.

Prophecies usually start with "This saith the Lord." Or you could hear the man of God say "This is what God is telling me now..." That's prophecy or the Word of knowledge. We know the difference between prophetic prayers and prophecies, but people outside the Pentecostal walls think we're prophesying when we're making prophetic prayers. It's simply a prayer of positive confession or command. Prophecy is quiet different.

I will leave you to it. The Bible is very clear enough on all we have talked about.

Although I am a Celestian, I am very very conversant with Pentecostal doings...for 5 good years I had Pastors and Reverend as class mates...and I really see una finish.

Of the about 18 of them, not one inspired me as a good example of Christianity in any way. From cheating during tests and exams to sleeping with our female course mates to, petty bickering and lack of kindness. It will be very hard to place any "man made god" on a pedestal .

I also attended a number of Pentecostal and orthodox churches out of curiosity as an adult and by circumstances as a child.

Deeper life, Jehovah witnesses, Catholic Church, Anglican Communion, Redeemed, Four square, Christ Embassy, CAC, TREM, this Chris Okoties church where they use to pick us from our neighborhood in buses and pay us a token for coming to church and filling up chairs.

Power left me is power left me...but here you are giving it your own interpretation to suit your agenda.And if you ever jump started a dead car battery you will understand.

Electric power from a running car with a good car battery is used to to power up the dead car battery by CONNECTING them with cables...some electric currents will LEAVE the good battery and resurrect the dead one.

The woman got healed when power left Jesus's body and transferref to hers . That power stopped the unceasing death carrying fluid in her body and restored her to wholeness.

In this modern era where all the countries in the world and the languages they speak are well documented and easily translated with your mobile phone is what you are saying nonsense for.

Every language has structure, tonation Even though I may not understand what the words a person is saying, one can easily differentiate mindless blabbing from a language. The beauty of the Speaking in tounges is that by the power of the Holy Spirit, an individual is becomes able to speak a language that he did not learn at all. Wether as a child or as an adult.

What happened on Pentecost day was for a purpose, God knew that there were a lot of foreigners there on that day and chose to speak with them in their language using individuals that never learned the language. He displayed his power as Lord of the Universe and explained the good news of salvation in christ to them. Those unbelievers tool that good news back to their home countries...and so the gospel spread around the world from that incident.

Most of those who received that gift retained the gift and Paul in his letters made it known that the gift had served its purpose already and they should keep it private unless they had someone who can interprete... instead they should ask for a more practical gift...the ability to prophesy.

When a man in trouble or confusion comes to you as a Christian, and as a prophet you are able to be shown his past present and future and the source and solution to his problem, you stand a greater chance of converting him to Christianity than speaking in a foreign tounge.

The Spirit of Prophecy which is the Spirit of Christ is what the Celestial Church of Christ has among its members both young and old , male and female in Abundance...and that is why you see people rushing to the church when they have problems or are confused. The Spirit of Christ shines a light into the darkness of their life solves the problems and in recognition of Christ's lordship become Celestians themselves.

Many Pentecostal churches and Pastors do not have this gift at all or on a large scale and that is where the jealousy and demarketing comes from....dem hate to loose customers wey dem no fit satisfy their spiritual needs.

Power is not the "presence" of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit may be present and choose not to exercise power. Power is the ability to make something happen.

Luke 2:40 says of Jesus. And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.

If they child grew and became strong in spirit, one can infer that at he time he was not as strong in spirit at age 7 compared to age 12 for instance. Meaning if spiritual power can grow, it can also be depleted.

One again Jesus words were very clear.."I felt power leave me. " contact with the menstruating woman drained his power so much that he noticed even in that large crowd of many people touching him at the same time. The woman's faith did not drain him of power, the depth of her prolonged condition required power to heal.

And who told you that it is only sin that hinders the Holy Spirit's operation...and by extension answers to prayers.You clearly need to read your Bible from Genesis to Revelation properly to understand the Spiritual landscape.

Pray for understanding bro. God does not live in that box that you try to fit him into.

I spent 5 good years of from.my late teens to early twenties studying God and Religion in a formal and academic setting and have experienced the power and miracles of God in my life.

Nothing new wey you want tell me. I be practical Christian.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Didijiji: 1:56pm On Jun 22, 2023
FxMasterz:

We don't speak unintelligible language when we speak in tongues. It's unintelligible to you because you don't understand the language. Sometimes the tongues are interpreted, and everyone understands what is being said.

Those whom you hear repeating just one word all the time are people who have not grown up spiritually. I speak a whole language at a go by the grace of God. I don't speak repeated syllables. I speak several languages too.

If you don't understand Fanti language of Ghana, and you hear someone saying Mi da o asi, mi da o asi, mi da o si, several times, wouldn't that look unintelligible to you? Meanwhile that person is giving thanks to God. Mi da o asi means, I give you thanks. The same way your own native language would look unintelligible to someone who doesn't understand it. Paul explained it by saying the fellow would look like a barbarian to you. We're not talking about those who are faking it. There are those who fake it. That's completely unscriptural. Very wrong. The first time you're baptised, your tongue moves uncontrollably. You're not in control of what you're saying. What you're saying looks unintelligible to even you the speaker. But the Lord understands the language.

Look, we do not mix anything together or train people on what to say or do. It's just a simple prayer of faith:

"Lord, this Your servant has a desire to be filled by Your Presence and to be baptised by Your Holy Spirit. We come before You because You've promised that anyone who asks receives. Give him Lord your Holy Spirit as You did on the day of Pentecost. Do it Father, for we pray in Jesus name." That's all. We leave the rest to God and He never fails to answer. Sometimes, the person speaks a full language same day he was baptized, and there'll be interpretation. It is purely from above without any human input or interference. That's how it was on the day of Pentecost.

Regarding the woman with the issue of blood. I understand that you're a leader and most possibly heading a church. You wouldn't love to give up on this practice but I'll tell you the truth.

First, it is blasphemy to say the woman drained Jesus of His power. You don't seem to understand who Jesus is. Jesus cannot be said to possess the power of God. That's an understatement because He Himself is the Power. The Bible calls Him "...the wisdom of God and the power of God."

Now, you seem to think that power is something quantifiable which could be reduced or increased and therefore could be deducted, leading to a drain. No. Not so.

The power of God is simply the Presence of the Holy Spirit and His manifestation in our lives. That's why Jesus said, "Ye shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you."

It's the work of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Spirit moves to do the things He wants to do, and He's not inhibited by a woman's mensural flow. Even Jesus said, "...the Father that dwells in me, He does the work. I can of my own self do nothing." What makes you think He could be drained? "For In Him dwelleth the fullness of the Godhead bodily."

Power isn't fluid. Though it moves like a river. It isn't drainable because it's a Person. The Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost Himself is called the Spirit of Christ.

For instance, if you're sharing your wisdom with someone from morning till night, wouldn't it sound absurd to you if someone suddenly walks in and says to the fellow you're sharing your wisdom with, "Leave the man alone, you've been receiving from his wisdom since morning, you're draining his wisdom." Just as wisdom cannot be drained, so also is power. Wisdom isn't fluid, same as power.

What happened was that Jesus knew that someone tapped from Him because He felt a sensation. And yeah, you could feel something like electric current coursing through you when you minister the power of God to somebody. You'll feel the Holy Spirit reaching out and touching someone. That's what Jesus felt. He was never drained.

We who are His servants never feel drained let alone the Lord. He's the source. And the source is infinite. Infinite and immeasurable manifestation of the Spirit of God. We are just channels. We're never sources. We're conduits through whom the Holy Ghost moves to bless lives. There's nothing like draining. It's heretic. And when used against the Lord, it's blasphemous. There's nowhere in the scriptures where the power of God was ever drained from someone. In the case of Samson, the Spirit of God simply departed from him. Only sin can obstruct the move of the Holy Ghost. Not menses. Menses may affect demons. Not the Spirit of God.

Regarding prophecies, yeah, we prophesy by the Spirit of God. "I prophesy into your life..." No, that's not prophesy. That's prophetic prayer. It's not telling you what has happened or what would happen. It's just a word of prayer. The same way Ezekiel prophesied to make the dry bones live. A prayer of command.

Prophecies usually start with "This saith the Lord." Or you could hear the man of God say "This is what God is telling me now..." That's prophecy or the Word of knowledge. We know the difference between prophetic prayers and prophecies, but people outside the Pentecostal walls think we're prophesying when we're making prophetic prayers. It's simply a prayer of positive confession or command. Prophecy is quiet different.

Let me puncture the holes in your thought pattern and ability to interpret in your own understanding what the Bible records as SPEAKING IN TONGUES

Acts 2:6-8-9-10-11-7
Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

It simply means that I as a yoruba man for Eg, goes to Kano State and then under the influence of the Holy Spirit, the people of Kano heard us praying and speaking Hausa. Or myself as a Nigerian going to Ghana and under the influence of the Holy Spirit, Ghanaians hear me speaking their language. That was what happened practically and biblically.

But what do we see in Pentecostal churches today Christ Embassy would even want to compel you to speak even as a first timer or visitor without any encounter with the Holy Spirit! Like who does that?

From 1 Corinthians 14:28 (ESV) , Paul further admonished us to keep silent in some instances. It is obvious that Paul's definition of “keep silent” in 14:28 means that the tongue speaker is not to speak publicly or “from the pulpit” but rather he may speak “to himself and to God”. What is the Pentecostal version of speaking I’m tongues today?

I like it when you say that someone tapped from Him because He felt a sensation. Multitudes were following him , tapping him , some had 10% faith, others with 200% faith. But the one who created a sensation is from the woman with the issue of blood. Whilst it can be argued that there maybe other women on their monthly flow amongst the crowd also, this one that have persisted for years caused a sensation and reaction from the Master to the extent that the disciples asked him how he could be asking such a question knowing that there are thousands of persons touching him.

It’s high time the white garment churches began to explain their doctrines and back it up with biblical references.

There was a time C$S were insulted as the drumming sect or band sect but today Music and drumming having been taken over by the Pentecostal sects.

Anointing/Holy oil was an exclusive preserve of the white garment churches given and used freely but today Pentecostal churches not only manufacture and label, they also sell them.

Holy water was also an orthodox prayer item but today Pentecostal churches bottle, label and sell. One of the big daddies even have a pool of water where I hear people pay 50k to swim and receive “ healing & deliverance”

You see them conducting white service and ask all members to wear white for that day yet they insult white garment churches.

They do some cross over services asking members to bring candle and hold lighted candle during prayer yet insult white garment churches for praying with candle.

Omor this list is endless

May God help us

9 Likes

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by FxMasterz: 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2023
otipoju:

I will leave you to it. The Bible is very clear enough on all we have talked about.

Although I am a Celestian, I am very very conversant with Pentecostal doings...for 5 good years I had Pastors and Reverend as class mates...and I really see una finish.

Of the about 18 of them, not one inspired me as a good example of Christianity in any way. From cheating during tests and exams to sleeping with our female course mates to, petty bickering and lack of kindness. It will be very hard to place any "man made god" on a pedestal .

I also attended a number of Pentecostal and orthodox churches out of curiosity as an adult and by circumstances as a child.

Deeper life, Jehovah witnesses, Catholic Church, Anglican Communion, Redeemed, Four square, Christ Embassy, CAC, TREM, this Chris Okoties church where they use to pick us from our neighborhood in buses and pay us a token for coming to church and filling up chairs.

Power left me is power left me...but here you are giving it your own interpretation to suit your agenda.And if you ever jump started a dead car battery you will understand.

Electric power from a running car with a good car battery is used to to power up the dead car battery by CONNECTING them with cables...some electric currents will LEAVE the good battery and resurrect the dead one.

The woman got healed when power left Jesus's body and transferref to hers . That power stopped the unceasing death carrying fluid in her body and restored her to wholeness.

In this modern era where all the countries in the world and the languages they speak are well documented and easily translated with your mobile phone is what you are saying nonsense for.

Every language has structure, tonation Even though I may not understand what the words a person is saying, one can easily differentiate mindless blabbing from a language. The beauty of the Speaking in tounges is that by the power of the Holy Spirit, an individual is becomes able to speak a language that he did not learn at all. Wether as a child or as an adult.

What happened on Pentecost day was for a purpose, God knew that there were a lot of foreigners there on that day and chose to speak with them in their language using individuals that never learned the language. He displayed his power as Lord of the Universe and explained the good news of salvation in christ to them. Those unbelievers tool that good news back to their home countries...and so the gospel spread around the world from that incident.

Most of those who received that gift retained the gift and Paul in his letters made it known that the gift had served its purpose already and they should keep it private unless they had someone who can interprete... instead they should ask for a more practical gift...the ability to prophesy.

When a man in trouble or confusion comes to you as a Christian, and as a prophet you are able to be shown his past present and future and the source and solution to his problem, you stand a greater chance of converting him to Christianity than speaking in a foreign tounge.

The Spirit of Prophecy which is the Spirit of Christ is what the Celestial Church of Christ has among its members both young and old , male and female in Abundance...and that is why you see people rushing to the church when they have problems or are confused. The Spirit of Christ shines a light into the darkness of their life solves the problems and in recognition of Christ's lordship become Celestians themselves.

Many Pentecostal churches and Pastors do not have this gift at all or on a large scale and that is where the jealousy and demarketing comes from....dem hate to loose customers wey dem no fit satisfy their spiritual needs.

Power is not the "presence" of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit may be present and choose not to exercise power. Power is the ability to make something happen.

Luke 2:40 says of Jesus. And the Child grew and became strong in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.

If they child grew and became strong in spirit, one can infer that at he time he was not as strong in spirit at age 7 compared to age 12 for instance. Meaning if spiritual power can grow, it can also be depleted.

One again Jesus words were very clear.."I felt power leave me. " contact with the menstruating woman drained his power so much that he noticed even in that large crowd of many people touching him at the same time. The woman's faith did not drain him of power, the depth of her prolonged condition required power to heal.

And who told you that it is only sin that hinders the Holy Spirit's operation...and by extension answers to prayers.You clearly need to read your Bible from Genesis to Revelation properly to understand the Spiritual landscape.

Pray for understanding bro. God does not live in that box that you try to fit him into.

I spent 5 good years of from.my late teens to early twenties studying God and Religion in a formal and academic setting and have experienced the power and miracles of God in my life.

Nothing new wey you want tell me. I be practical Christian.

Truth be told, there are bad eggs in all denominations. That's why my emphasis isn't on personalities but denominational doctrines. I can also talk about many pastors of celestial churches who have a reputation for defiling female members but that would be offboard if I use that to judge the entire celestial church as you're judging the Pentecostals. I'll focus on doctrines, not on men because false prophets and apostles are everywhere.

The Power of God is the Presence and manifestation of the Holy Spirit. The car battery analogy does not fit in. No Holy Spirit, no power. You experience power when the Holy Ghost makes things happen through you. You're not the one making things happen, it's the Holy Ghost.

Even in the life of Samson, shortly before he manifests super-human abilities, you'll read "...and the Spirit of God came upon him." He is the One at work when the sick are healed; the dead are raised to life or whenever any miracle happens in the name of Jesus. He can't be drained. There's no biblical basis for that. The inferences you're drawing are purely your own derivatives. Let Jesus say it Himself that power was drained from him, don't put words in His mouth.

The celestial church isn't envied by Pentecostals. That's untrue. You yourself know that you cannot biblically explain many of your practices. Almost everybody is aware that many celestial churches perform fetish rites. This neither Jesus nor the apostles did. Again, do it the way they did it. You'll have the same results. Do not add anything to it. if the Bible and prayer is not enough for you, then I don't know what you want. If Celestial churches are manifesting the power of God in line with scriptures without those weird practices, Pentecostals would freely mingle with them and regard them as co-workers with God. There's no room for envy. I'll gladly learn from you if your mode of operation isn't questionable.

The Pentecostal movement I Nigeria is greatly influenced by the west. We beat drums, speak in tongues, heal the sick, conduct deliverance and prophesy, not by copying celestial Churches but through the mentorship of men of God from the West. People like Kenneth Hagin, Oral Robert, Kenneth Copeland, Billy Graham and others influenced such men as Benson Idahosa who in turn influenced David Oyedepo and others who have become founding founders of present day Pentecostalism in Nigeria. There's no influence of celestial churches. When your practices don't resemble that of Jesus but bears a striking resemblance to a juju priest, you make us dissociate ourselves from you. Especially when you cannot biblically explain what you're doing.

I laughed when you said Paul wrote that the gift of speaking in tongues has already fulfilled its purpose and so people should be silent. Would you show me that from the scriptures? The gift of tongues is different from the speaking in tongues that comes during Holy Ghost baptism. And all the 9 gifts the apostle Paul wrote about were given full explanations which clearly showed their importance in Paul's letter to the Corinthians. I can't remember Paul saying a particular gift was no longer necessary.

The purpose of tongues is primarily personal edification. And throughout the scriptures, there's no record that the operation of any gift is terminated. I'll be glad if you can prove me wrong.

Yeah, every language has structures. When I started, I spoke in few syllables. Like a child learning a new language, as I continued to speak it in my private prayer life, it grew until I have reached the stage I am now. You'll call it mindless babblings the first day I ever spoken but today, I speak clear coherent languages by the Spirit of God. Don't base your judgement on those who stopped speaking in tongues the day they got baptised. They'll never grow and so each time they speak during a gathering, they'll speak repeated syllables which you call mindless babblings. Meanwhile, they're still edifying themselves.

Yeah Christ grew and became strong in Spirit. That doesn't imply that He could be drained. Regular fellowship with Holy Spirit brings more intimacy and therefore greater manifestation. The Spirit of God would move through you depending on your level of relationship with Him. You can't drain the power of God my brother.

CC:
Didijiji

6 Likes

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by otipoju(m): 6:22pm On Jun 22, 2023
FxMasterz:

Truth be told, there are bad eggs in all denominations. That's why my emphasis isn't on personalities but denominational doctrines. I can also talk about many pastors of celestial churches who have a reputation for defiling female members but that would be offboard if I use that to judge the entire celestial church as you're judging the Pentecostals. I'll focus on doctrines, not on men because false prophets and apostles are everywhere.

The Power of God is the Presence and manifestation of the Holy Spirit. The car battery analogy does not fit in. No Holy Spirit, no power. You experience power when the Holy Ghost makes things happen through you. You're not the one making things happen, it's the Holy Ghost.

Even in the life of Samson, shortly before he manifests super-human abilities, you'll read "...and the Spirit of God came upon him." He is the One at work when the sick are healed; the dead are raised to life or whenever any miracle happens in the name of Jesus. He can't be drained. There's no biblical basis for that. The inferences you're drawing are purely your own derivatives. Let Jesus say it Himself that power was drained from him, don't put words in His mouth.

The celestial church isn't envied by Pentecostals. That's untrue. You yourself know that you cannot biblically explain many of your practices. Almost everybody is aware that many celestial churches perform fetish rites. This neither Jesus nor the apostles did. Again, do it the way they did it. You'll have the same results. Do not add anything to it. if the Bible and prayer is not enough for you, then I don't know what you want. If Celestial churches are manifesting the power of God in line with scriptures without those weird practices, Pentecostals would freely mingle with them and regard them as co-workers with God. There's no room for envy. I'll gladly learn from you if your mode of operation isn't questionable.

The Pentecostal movement I Nigeria is greatly influenced by the west. We beat drums, speak in tongues, heal the sick, conduct deliverance and prophesy, not by copying celestial Churches but through the mentorship of men of God from the West. People like Kenneth Hagin, Oral Robert, Kenneth Copeland, Billy Graham and others influenced such men as Benson Idahosa who in turn influenced David Oyedepo and others who have become founding founders of present day Pentecostalism in Nigeria. There's no influence of celestial churches. When your practices don't resemble that of Jesus but bears a striking resemblance to a juju priest, you make us dissociate ourselves from you. Especially when you cannot biblically explain what you're doing.

I laughed when you said Paul wrote that the gift of speaking in tongues has already fulfilled its purpose and so people should be silent. Would you show me that from the scriptures? The gift of tongues is different from the speaking in tongues that comes during Holy Ghost baptism. And all the 9 gifts the apostle Paul wrote about were given full explanations which clearly showed their importance in Paul's letter to the Corinthians. I can't remember Paul saying a particular gift was no longer necessary.

The purpose of tongues is primarily personal edification. And throughout the scriptures, there's no record that the operation of any gift is terminated. I'll be glad if you can prove me wrong.

Yeah, every language has structures. When I started, I spoke in few syllables. Like a child learning a new language, as I continued to speak it in my private prayer life, it grew until I have reached the stage I am now. You'll call it mindless babblings the first day I ever spoken but today, I speak clear coherent languages by the Spirit of God. Don't base your judgement on those who stopped speaking in tongues the day they got baptised. They'll never grow and so each time they speak during a gathering, they'll speak repeated syllables which you call mindless babblings. Meanwhile, they're still edifying themselves.

Yeah Christ grew and became strong in Spirit. That doesn't imply that He could be drained. Regular fellowship with Holy Spirit brings more intimacy and therefore greater manifestation. The Spirit of God would move through you depending on your level of relationship with Him. You can't drain the power of God my brother.

CC:
Didijiji

Some of your words make sense...but most is just a pile of misguided nonsense.

Jesus himself said " I felt power leave me" ..you are still insisting no..that is not what he meant. I leave you to you.

But its common sense that If anything has demonstrated the ability increase, it invariably also has the ability to decrease.

The precense of God is not the same as the Power of God. Stop mixing stuff.

I may be present at a place but not demonstrate my power. Power is different from precense. God is omnipresent but does not manifest his precense to man's five senses all the time.

He is omni potent but does not demonstrate his power all the time.
Gods precense does not automatically translate to him demonstrating his power.

The gift of tounges is the spiritual gift that that enables a person to speak a language that he did not learn. No more no less.

You have no single biblical proof to say the "gift of tounges" is different from "speaking in tounges." You are engaging in what we call circular definition.

You are also saying the made up mindless unintelligible blabbing that you guys speak is the gift of speaking in tounges. May God forgive you. That is what I will tell you. If you repeat meaningless words enough your memory and brain will become accustomed to it and you can pile upon it. It is still not a language.

I have seen people who speak actually speak in tounges. The first is yoruba man, who starts to speak Arabic whenever the Spirit of God descends on him. that he never learned it and cannot speak it until he is in Spirit.

I have seen another man who can speak the language of birds. He will be cooing like a pidgen and delivering messages. An interpreter who has the gift of interpretation of tounges will be beside him to translate. She would translate and the person who came to consult God will confirm that the revelations from the cooing match with events in his or her life.

I know because I used to sit there and transcribe the messages. Same thing with the Arabic tounged prophet.

So dear, I know exactly what speaking in tounges and prophecy is.

As a member of the Celestial Church of Christ, we know and understand why Jesus Christ founded our denomination.
It is a " life problem's"solving Church where people come to for solutions.
It is not a motivational speaking center.

To carry out the Churches mandate, Jesus Christ empowered the church with his Spirit.. and the testimony of Christ the Spirit of prophecy.

When your members have challenges that surpass their brains and social connections...they know where they come to encounter the wisdom and power of God...we are always ready with open arms to minister to their needs...even though a lot of yall are a bunch of ingrates.

Yes we know that due to the nature of our divine commission, some dark elements masquerade as true celestians to commit atrocities and take advantage of members of the public. But any true Celestian is quickly able to identify them by their actions and doings.

I know currently the church adapts the mindset of let the weed and wheat grow together, and God will judge everyone...but we might have to start doing some internal cleansing.

Doctrine wise...I have examined all our doctrines and I have not found any one that does not have a biblical precedent or example.

I am glad that you got off your high horse and admitted that it is not all perfect in pentecostal churches so I'll let you be with a final admonition: who are you to judge another man's servant. We worship Jesus Christ, believe in the salvific power of his name and blood,constantly rebuke the devil and his spiritual and human agents and expect to be admitted into heaven after our time on earth.

Live and let live. With all the thousands of pentecostal churches in every nook and cranny of the country, you lots are the most thieving,double faced, corrupt and dubious humans on the planet.

All talk, and no real adherence to the leading of Christ.

Rest abeg!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Didijiji: 6:53pm On Jun 22, 2023
otipoju:

Jesus himself said " I felt power leave me" ..you are still insisting no..that is not what he meant. I leave you to you.

But its common sense that If anything has demonstrated the ability increase, it invariably also has the ability to decrease.

I may be present at a place but not demonstrate my power. Power is different from precense. God is omnipresent but does not manifest his precense to man's five senses all the time.

The gift of tounges is the spiritual gift that that enables a person to speak a language that he did not learn. No more no less.

You have no single biblical proof to say the "gift of tounges" is different from "speaking in tounges." You are engaging in what we call circular definition.

You are also saying the made up mindless unintelligible blabbing that you guys speak is the gift of speaking in tounges. May God forgive you. That is what I will tell you. If you repeat meaningless words enough your memory and brain will become accustomed to it and you can pile upon it. It is still not a language.

I have seen people who speak actually speak in tounges. The first is yoruba man, who starts to speak Arabic whenever the Spirit of God descends on him. that he never learned it and cannot speak it until he is in Spirit.

I have seen another man who can speak the language of birds. He will be cooing like a pidgen and delivering messages. An interpreter who has the gift of interpretation of tounges will be beside him to translate. She would translate and the person who came to consult God will confirm that the revelations from the cooing match with events in his or her life.

I know because I used to sit there and transcribe the messages. Same thing with the Arabic tounged prophet.

As a member of the Celestial Church of Christ, we know and understand why Jesus Christ founded our denomination.

To carry out the Churches mandate, Jesus Christ empowered the church with his Spirit.. and the testimony of Christ the Spirit of prophecy.

When your members have challenges that surpass their brains and social connections...they know where they come to encounter the wisdom and power of God...we are always ready with open arms to minister to their needs.

Yes we know that due to the nature of our divine commission, some dark elements masquerade as true celestians to commit atrocities and take advantage of members of the public. But any true Celestian is quickly able to identify them by their actions and doings.

I know currently the church adapts the mindset of let the weed and wheat grow together, and God will judge everyone...but we might have to start doing some internal cleansing.

Doctrine wise...I have examined all our doctrines and I have not found any one that does not have a biblical precedent or example.

I am glad that you got off your high horse and admitted that it is not all perfect in pentecostal churches so I'll let you be with a final admonition: who are you to judge another man's servant. We worship Jesus Christ, believe in the salvific power of his name and blood,constantly rebuke the devil and his spiritual and human agents and expect to be admitted into heaven after our time on earth.

Live and let live. With all the thousands of pentecostal churches in every nook and cranny of the country, you lots are the most thieving,double faced, corrupt and dubious humans on the planet.

Rest abeg!!!

As in ehnnnn

Na dem steal, Dey dubious pass.

See banking fraud! One Christ Embassy pastor that buys me religious books and lot of biblical stuff, leads our prayer sessions na him go forge customer signature and moved customer’s money. A well respected pastor o.

3 Likes

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by FxMasterz: 9:02pm On Jun 22, 2023
otipoju:

When your members have challenges that surpass their brains and social connections...they know where they come to encounter the wisdom and power of God...we are always ready with open arms to minister to their needs.

Rest abeg!!!

Smiling.

My brother, I don't know you or what you do but if you burn candles and incense, bath people in rivers, conduct midnight rituals and do any of the things Christ Jesus did not command, you need to repent.

I'm not judging you. I can't judge His servants, 'to his master, he standeth or fall.' However, I can be my brother's keeper, and my brother can be my keeper too.

There's no perfect church anywhere. We're all working towards perfection. Our ultimate goal is to please the Master and complete our assignments accordingly to His expectations.

The fact that you've witnessed people who speak in tongues is an indication that tongues have not ceased. They're still as relevant today as they were in the days of the apostles.

The gift of tongues which a man receives as one of the gifts of the Spirit is very much different from the baptism of the Holy Spirit. When you're baptised in the Holy Spirit, you speak in tongues as evidence. This evidence is not the gift of tongues. The gift you received is the gift of the Holy Spirit also called the Promise of the Father. The Gift of the Holy Spirit which comes with the evidence of tongue is different from the gift of Tongues. Infact, the gift of tongues gives the ability to speak several languages, not just one. That's why it's called the Gift of Tongues - Plural. It is often accompanied with the gift of interpretation of tongues. While the Gift of the Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost Baptism) is available for every child of God, the gift of tongues is for selected individuals. Not everyone can have the gift of tongues but everyone can have the Gift of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues. There's a clear demarcation between the two. In fact, 1Cor. 12:10 says ...to another, diverse kinds of tongues." That is to say as the Spirit distributes according to His will, He gives some gifts to one, and to another He gives the ability to speak diverse tongues. Meanwhile the Gift of the Holy Spirit which the disciples received on the day of Pentecost is for all. Peter said: ...for the promise is into you, and to your children; and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. Acts 2:39. Before then, Peter had told the crowd of Elamites, Pathians, Greecians, Egyptians, Medes and all the Nationals of the various countries witnessing the event on that day 'Repent and be baptised, everyone of you... for the remmission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:38. Meanwhile, the gift of diverse tongues in 1Corinthians 12:10 is not for everyone. I suppose you can see the difference now.

Research more into what you're calling mindless babblings. You don't have the correct information about what we do, why we do it and how it happens among us. The Pentecostal movement has positively influenced other Orthodox denominations, Baptists, Anglicans, Methodists, etc. Even Catholics are not left out with the Charismatic renewal movement.
What do you think they saw after years of criticisms and internal persecutions?

Let's talk briefly about the power of God. When the Presence of God is with you, you're a carrier of the power of God because you can manifest that Presence anywhere. Witches and wizards and all the powers of darkness would avoid you because they know you carry power. The Presence of God in a man's life is the power of God upon His life. The Presence of God in the life of Samson was God's power in his life. When the Spirit of God departed from him, he wanted to go out and do as he usually does, not knowing that "the Spirit of the Lord had departed from him." The moment the Spirit of God leaves you, you're powerless.

The manifestation of power is in accordance to intimacy, and intimacy is developed through personal fellowship. The more you fellowship, the more intimate you become, and the more the intimacy, the greater the manifestation. There's nothing like increasing or decreasing, or the draining of power. There can only be increased intimacy leading to increased manifestation and vice versa. Power moved from Christ to heal the woman the same way it moves from Him to heal everyone. That's why He said, 'Someone touched me.' He didn't say someone polluted me or oh, someone has defiled me. Power moved out of Him every time someone is healed. He knew someone has had a miracle. He was never drained. Never stained. Never polluted. Never corrupted. A woman's menses is not a threat to the supernatural power of God.

I don't know why you have so much disdain for Pentecostals. Every Church denomination knows to be wary of white garment churches especially celestial. It is generally believed that they're diabolical. This position is not a Pentecostal position, it's general. That's why you usually make friends amongst yourselves.

There are many thieving, double faced, corrupt and dubious humans in Celestial churches, and this is well known. I think you should look into that. Those guys who charge money to conduct deliverance for people, or sell holy water, special anointing oil, etc are not Pentecostals. They're charlatans. Be wary of them.

CC:
Didijiji

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Didijiji: 9:39pm On Jun 22, 2023
FxMasterz:

Smiling.

My brother, I don't know you or what you do but if you burn candles and incense, bath people in rivers, conduct midnight rituals and do any of the things Christ Jesus did not command, you need to repent.

I'm not judging you. I can't judge His servants, 'to his master, he standeth or fall.' However, I can be my brother's keeper, and my brother can be my keeper too.

There's no perfect church anywhere. We're all working towards perfection. Our ultimate goal is to please the Master and complete our assignments accordingly to His expectations.

The fact that you've witnessed people who speak in tongues is an indication that tongues have not ceased. They're still as relevant today as they were in the days of the apostles.

The gift of tongues which a man receives as one of the gifts of the Spirit is very much different from the baptism of the Holy Spirit. When you're baptised in the Holy Spirit, you speak in tongues as evidence. This evidence is not the gift of tongues. The gift you received is the gift of the Holy Spirit also called the Promise of the Father. The Gift of the Holy Spirit which comes with the evidence of tongue is different from the gift of Tongues. Infact, the gift of tongues gives the ability to speak several languages, not just one. That's why it's called the Gift of Tongues - Plural. It is often accompanied with the gift of interpretation of tongues. While the Gift of the Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost Baptism) is available for every child of God, the gift of tongues is for selected individuals. Not everyone can have the gift of tongues but everyone can have the Gift of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues. There's a clear demarcation between the two. In fact, 1Cor. 12:10 says ...to another, diverse kinds of tongues." That is to say as the Spirit distributes according to His will, He gives some gifts to one, and to another He gives the ability to speak diverse tongues. Meanwhile the Gift of the Holy Spirit which the disciples received on the day of Pentecost is for all. Peter said: ...for the promise is into you, and to your children; and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. Acts 2:39. Before then, Peter had told the crowd of Elamites, Pathians, Greecians, Egyptians, Medes and all the Nationals of the various countries witnessing the event on that day 'Repent and be baptised, everyone of you... for the remmission of your sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:38. Meanwhile, the gift of diverse tongues in 1Corinthians 12:10 is not for everyone. I suppose you can see the difference now.

Research more into what you're calling mindless babblings. You don't have the correct information about what we do, why we do it and how it happens among us. The Pentecostal movement has positively influenced other Orthodox denominations, Baptists, Anglicans, Methodists, etc. Even Catholics are not left out with the Charismatic renewal movement.

Let's talk briefly about the power of God. When the Presence of God is with you, you're a carrier of the power of God because you can manifest that Presence anywhere. Witches and wizards and all the powers of darkness would avoid you because they know you carry power. The Presence of God in a man's life is the power of God upon His life. The Presence of God in the life of Samson was God's power in his life. When the Spirit of God departed from him, he wanted to go out and do as he usually does, not knowing that "the Spirit of the Lord had departed from him." The moment the Spirit of God leaves you, you're powerless.

The manifestation of power is in accordance to intimacy, and intimacy is developed through personal fellowship. The more you fellowship, the more intimate you become, and the more the intimacy, the greater the manifestation. There's nothing like increasing or decreasing, or the draining of power. There can only be increased intimacy leading to increased manifestation and vice versa. Power moved from Christ to heal the woman the same it moves from Him to heal every. That's why He said, 'Someone touched me.' He didn't say someone polluted me or oh, someone has defiled me. Power moved out of Him every time someone is healed. He knew someone has had a miracle. He was never drained. Never stained. Never polluted. Never corrupted. A woman's menses is not a threat to the supernatural power of God.

I don't know why you have so much disdain for Pentecostals. Every Church denomination knows to be wary of white garment churches especially celestial. It is generally believed that they're diabolical. This position is not a Pentecostal position, it's general. That's why you usually make friends amongst yourselves.

There are many thieving, double faced, corrupt and dubious humans in Celestial churches, and this is well known. I think you should look into that. Those guys who charge money to conduct deliverance for people, or sell holy water, special anointing oil, etc are not Pentecostals. They're charlatans. Be wary of them.

CC:
Didijiji
my brother if you collect tithe, first fruit, collect consultation fee, sell anointing sticker, anointing handkerchief and anointing oil Christ did not command you need to repent if so

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Anas09: 10:00pm On Jun 22, 2023
Didijiji:
It is sad we are discussing this but it has to be addressed abeg
He came out from there, so knows what he is talking about

3 Likes

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Didijiji: 10:08pm On Jun 22, 2023
Anas09:

He came out from there, so knows what he is talking about
what does he know or he has a grudge after what happened before he left?
Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by FxMasterz: 10:08pm On Jun 22, 2023
Didijiji:
my brother if you collect tithe, first fruit, collect consultation fee, sell anointing sticker, anointing handkerchief and anointing oil Christ did not command you need to repent if so

Thanks my brother.

As I said earlier, all those who do these are charlatans. They're merchants pretending to be men of God under the guise of Pentecostalism. Please run away from such.

1 Like

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Didijiji: 10:18pm On Jun 22, 2023
FxMasterz:

Thanks my brother.

As I said earlier, all those who do these are charlatans. They're merchants pretending to be men of God under the guise of Pentecostalism. Please run away from such.
okay
Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Anas09: 10:50pm On Jun 22, 2023
Didijiji:
You have spoken well.

If only he spoke like you

If only he said “SOME”
Pls o, which white Garment churches are good?

1 Like

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Anas09: 10:51pm On Jun 22, 2023
Didijiji:
what does he know or he has a grudge after what happened before he left?
Ah, he grew up inside there na. If he says their activities are demonic, I don't think I shd argue with him o.

1 Like

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by otipoju(m): 12:12am On Jun 23, 2023
FxMasterz:

Smiling.

The manifestation of power is in accordance to intimacy, and intimacy is developed through personal fellowship. The more you fellowship, the more intimate you become, and the more the intimacy, the greater the manifestation. There's nothing like increasing or decreasing, or the draining of power. There can only be increased intimacy leading to increased manifestation and vice versa. Power moved from Christ to heal the woman the same it moves from Him to heal every. That's why He said, 'Someone touched me.' He didn't say someone polluted me or oh, someone has defiled me. Power moved out of Him every time someone is healed. He knew someone has had a miracle. He was never drained. Never stained. Never polluted. Never corrupted. A woman's menses is not a threat to the supernatural power of God.

CC:
Didijiji

So you know better than Elijah who told Naaman to go bath in the river to heal his leprosy.

Or you know better than Jesus christ who told the blind man to go WASH his eyes with WATER?

Or you know better than the Almighty God who told Moses to take off his sandals and be barefooted because where he stood in his precense had become Holy Ground.

Finally go and read the book of Revelations, Isaiah, Ezekiel and other prophets who had visions into heaven and the throne of God.

You will see a lot of angels,white garments,lighted lamps representing the seven spirits of God, holding of palm fronds by the redeemed saints and regular burning of incense during prayers around God's heavenly throne....that is the heaven that you are aspiring to go to ooo.

If these are common place in heaven, how can you in your right senses say that they are fetish?

Understanding of biblical Spiritual matters is not for the proud.

And let me give you a bit of perspective. In the late 80's and early to mid 90's when the new Pentecostal churches started springing up. Their mantra was to demarket Celestial Church of Christ by calling them demonic.

Sadly most of our fathers then walked by faith and had childhoods where it was the Clergy only that had access to bibles and readand preached to the laity...so many did not understand or know the scriptural basis for what they did.

All they knew was they had witnessed the power of God in the Celestial Church of Christ.

Interestingly these abuses made our church leadership begin to research the bible for biblical foundations for our faith and practices. They were amazed by what they found and established Sunday schools for parishes, a central bible fellowship and Bible classes in various parishes as well.

The beauty of it is that after the hard work of about a decade and half, you had the average young Celestial with a firm grasp and understanding of the biblical basis for everything that we did.

Everything was explained with biblical passages backing them. Worship, Music, Prayer items , reason for the church and more importantly living a moral righteous life with contentment and kindness to others in humility.

A lot of new adult members too over time have teachers who can explain the why's of whatever we do.

We pay no homage or have any allegiance to Satan or demons as they are our eternal enemies.

We are not afraid of the devil, his demons and his human agents and rebuke them in the name of Jesus.

We praise and pray humbly Jehovah and command his angels to carry out God's will for us because we are more than conquerors and he has promised to never leave us or forsake us.

We know we are saved by the precious blood of Jesus Christ that was shed for the remission of our sins and try to live a lifestyle worthy of his name and pleasing to him.

If that is not enough for you...you can continue your false unintelligible blabbing that you call speaking in diverse tounges.

But when you see wetin pass you, you will run come our church and the Spirit of Christ will reveal the source and solutions to your problems with laser aimed prayer points to help solve them.

Adios

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Didijiji: 5:28am On Jun 23, 2023
Anas09:

Ah, he grew up inside there na. If he says their activities are demonic, I don't think I shd argue with him o.
Have you asked about the issue that made him leave? Or you think he just left?
Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Didijiji: 5:28am On Jun 23, 2023
Anas09:

Pls o, which white Garment churches are good?
You mean all are bad?
Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Anas09: 10:21am On Jun 23, 2023
Didijiji:
You mean all are bad?
No, that's not what I mean. I really don't know much about them, except what I have read about them, (Who their founders were, and the encounters they had before starting the organizations).

They all have connections with water. Sacrificing to the water or besides the water mostly at nights.

The summoning and the seemingly worship (adulation) of Angels which the Bible highly prohibits.

But, I will like for someone to put me through. Is what I have read and what I have listened to people say lies?

Far back, in this forum, there has been very serious discussions about the operations of the white Garment churches. Their former members (deep insiders and elders) revealed not so comfortable (unchristian) practices going on there.

Like I said, Pastor David came out from there. He was born and raised inside. Some of his family I believe are still there. So, he shd know what he is talking about.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Anas09: 10:23am On Jun 23, 2023
Didijiji:
Have you asked about the issue that made him leave? Or you think he just left?
Oh, he met Christ and got born again. He was living in Lagos at the time. He had an encounter with the Lord Jesus, so he left. I have listened to that message. Am not a member of his church tho

2 Likes

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Didijiji: 10:30am On Jun 23, 2023
Anas09:

Oh, he met Christ and got born again. He was living in Lagos at the time. He had an encounter with the Lord Jesus, so he left. I have listened to that message. Am not a member of his church tho
See your mouth.....
yhen yhen yhenn

so you dont think he had issues in the church that made him leave? Now e don become say he met Christ...

So there is no Christ in White garment churches. I would love to listen to the message.

It will be glad to have him come for an open debate with members that knew him them in Aggrey road PH.

3 Likes

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by FxMasterz: 11:50am On Jun 23, 2023
otipoju:

So you know better than Elijah who told Naaman to go bath in the river to heal his leprosy.

Or you know better than Jesus christ who told the blind man to go WASH his eyes with WATER?

Or you know better than the Almighty God who told Moses to take off his sandals and be barefooted because where he stood in his precense had become Holy Ground.

Finally go and read the book of Revelations, Isaiah, Ezekiel and other prophets who had visions into heaven and the throne of God.

You will see a lot of angels,white garments,lighted lamps representing the seven spirits of God, holding of palm fronds by the redeemed saints and regular burning of incense during prayers around God's heavenly throne....that is the heaven that you are aspiring to go to ooo.

If these are common place in heaven, how can you in your right senses say that they are fetish?

Understanding of biblical Spiritual matters is not for the proud.

And let me give you a bit of perspective. In the late 80's and early to mid 90's when the new Pentecostal churches started springing up. Their mantra was to demarket Celestial Church of Christ by calling them demonic.

Sadly most of our fathers then walked by faith and had childhoods where it was the Clergy only that had access to bibles and readand preached to the laity...so many did not understand or know the scriptural basis for what they did.

All they knew was they had witnessed the power of God in the Celestial Church of Christ.

Interestingly these abuses made our church leadership begin to research the bible for biblical foundations for our faith and practices. They were amazed by what they found and established Sunday schools for parishes, a central bible fellowship and Bible classes in various parishes as well.

The beauty of it is that after the hard work of about a decade and half, you had the average young Celestial with a firm grasp and understanding of the biblical basis for everything that we did.

Everything was explained with biblical passages backing them. Worship, Music, Prayer items , reason for the church and more importantly living a moral righteous life with contentment and kindness to others in humility.

A lot of new adult members too over time have teachers who can explain the why's of whatever we do.

We pay no homage or have any allegiance to Satan or demons as they are our eternal enemies.

We are not afraid of the devil, his demons and his human agents and rebuke them in the name of Jesus.

We praise and pray humbly Jehovah and command his angels to carry out God's will for us because we are more than conquerors and he has promised to never leave us or forsake us.

We know we are saved by the precious blood of Jesus Christ that was shed for the remission of our sins and try to live a lifestyle worthy of his name and pleasing to him.

If that is not enough for you...you can continue your false unintelligible blabbing that you call speaking in diverse tounges.

But when you see wetin pass you, you will run come our church and the Spirit of Christ will reveal the source and solutions to your problems with laser aimed prayer points to help solve them.

Adios

Elisha told Naaman to go wash and be healed, did he actually do that to anyone else? Was it not a specific instruction from God to Naaman? Are your church members Naaman? Do they have leprosy? After Jesus put mud in the eyes of the blind man, wouldn't he wash off the mud? If Jesus chose for him to go wash in a pool, was that not specific to him? Did Christ do the same to anybody else? Did the apostles make a doctrine out of it? Do your church members have mud in their eyes? I'm afraid you're misinterpreting scriptures.

Interestingly, the holy ground where Moses was asked to put off his sandals was situated in Midan. Did God ever tell Moses afterwards in all his journeys with God to put off his sandals? Even when he climbed holy mountains such as Sinai and Horeb, was he ever asked to put off his sandals? Even Joshua his servant never did. We should expect that the holiest grounds would be in Israel or at least in Jerusalem, most especially the locations of the Tabernacle and the Temple. Did God ever instruct the children of Israel to put off their sandals in any of those places? The Midian episode was just a one time episode. It never recurred. Why make a doctrine of it when even Moses and the Israelites never did? Anyway, walking bare footed isn't sin. That doesn't stop anyone from making heaven except you have some rituals attached to it, but it's an unnecessary discomfort. It neither adds nor take anything from you. God wouldn't reward anyone for walking barefooted all his life. He wouldn't punish the person either. The person already punished himself enough.

Yeah, we see all those things done in heaven. They were done in heaven, they were never commanded to to be done on earth. And all those things were symbols. You might never get to see them when you get to heaven. Symbols would remain symbols. When you have the real thing, what would you need symbols for? The symbols were just for the purpose of the visions. For example, if the seven lamps were not symbolized, how would we know that there are seven Spirits of God? That's the purpose the symbols serve. You don't know better than the Lord Jesus and the Apostles who never used them. They didn't even make any allusion to them in all the over 100yrs of their ministries. John the Revelator himself who received the revelations never used them. He was the longest living apostle in his days, he never used any of those stuffs you're using. He didn't deliver it to his proteges. Even Polycarp, who was one of John's strongest disciples would consider your practices to be strange and completely alien. He served as a Bishop for complete 84yrs after the death of John, he never remembered to burn one candle. It seems you even know better than John who had the revelations.

My brother, we won't burn any physical candles in heaven. They were just symbols. The incense represents the prayers of the saints. Each time we pray, we're burning spiritual incense. God has no respect for physical incense. The white garments represent the righteousness of the saints. Candles were only used in the Holy of Holies in the Old Testament. Incense and candles are shadows in the old Testaments, in the new, prayer is the real body for incense and the indwelling Presence of the Holy Spirit is the real body for the candles. The shadow has been done away with. Or would you condemn Jesus and His apostles for not burning incense or candles like you do? Please stop making all these weak defences.

I was involved in the Pentecostal revolutions of the 80s and 90s. I have first hand experience of how Pentecostalism started in Nigeria. There was no demarketing whatsoever. It was Deeper Life that actually demarketed all other churches in its early days. And truly, Kumuyi walked in the power of God which was a rare occurrence in the ,70s. As a matter of fact, everyone knows that Cele is fetish. Even sinful youths know very well to avoid Cele girls because they're believed to be fetish. They're afraid a cele girl could ruin their lives. Please I just need to tell you the truth because you may not even know how your church is perceived out there. People attend the church only when they have no other option. After being there for many years, they'll find out that when one problem leaves, some other 10 would surface. They continue solving one problem or the other all their lives. Finally, some of them find their ways into Pentecostal churches where they get delivered. The other day I was praying for a group of just 7 people. Immediately I laid hands on the first person on the line, the woman who was at the other end of the line began falling and rising. I have not even touched her. It wasn't her turn yet. We weren't even conducting deliverance, just a normal prayer for blessings. That woman scattered the whole place that day. Later I was told after the service that the woman was a new member of that church, and that she came in from Cele. Everyone said said no wonder!

My brother, let's leave denominationalism aside. If Christ comes today, would He be pleased with the strange and weird things you do? Do you really think you're serving Jesus or you have another Master? Jesus never commanded us to do any of those weird things. Who exactly do you serve? Who's your master?

There are powers my brother. There are powers. Even the magicians of Egypt countered Moses with their powers. They replicated some of the miracles Moses did. But what was their source? The source is what matters. Not every miracle is from God.

Please look deeply into your source. The so called biblical explanations your clergy gave you are flawed. Very flawed. Who knows maybe God could use you to bring a revolution and reintroduce the true gospel into the Celestial church. We would be so glad to see someone kindle the fire of revival in the white garment churches.
These conversations are not happening for nothing. Please note that your loyalty should be to Christ and not to your denomination.

CC:
Didijiji

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by FxMasterz: 12:39pm On Jun 23, 2023
Anas09:

No, that's not what I mean. I really don't know much about them, except what I have read about them, (Who their founders were, and the encounters they had before starting the organizations).

They all have connections with water. Sacrificing to the water or besides the water mostly at nights.

The summoning and the seemingly worship (adulation) of Angels which the Bible highly prohibits.

But, I will like for someone to put me through. Is what I have read and what I have listened to people say lies?

Far back, in this forum, there has been very serious discussions about the operations of the white Garment churches. Their former members (deep insiders and elders) revealed not so comfortable (unchristian) practices going on there.

Like I said, Pastor David came out from there. He was born and raised inside. Some of his family I believe are still there. So, he shd know what he is talking about.

You can just imagine. Their founders even have connections with rivers and perform sacrifices at nights. Well, I think that should apply to Celestial. Moses Orimolade who founded C&S was a true man of God. The C&S was bastardized after him when his successors couldn't replicate the miracles he performed. They resorted to unwholesome fetish practices to keep their members. You can see a few Godly C&S churches today but they're very rare. The same cannot be said of Cele. The very foundation of that church is faulty.

Would you care to share what you read about Osofa? I read a lot of different stories about him. I don't even know what to believe. All the stories about his call to ministry are actually very weird.

2 Likes

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Tayorshd87: 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
paxonel:
My question about white garments is, what are the significance of the white garments and walking bare foot on streets?

And, is it really true that white garment churches put people's names in a bottle of ogogoro and cause them to behave drunk according to what that pastor said?

When u have hatred for something the. U Wil always find something to attach to it for others to hate it too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by ShaqFu: 2:19pm On Jun 23, 2023
Anas09:

Is. There any church in Nigeria where insane and ungodly practices doesn't happen? Why single out white garment churches?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Anas09: 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2023
ShaqFu:
Is. There any church in Nigeria where insane and ungodly practices doesn't happen? Why single out white garment churches?
I agree, evil people or unreasonable people who join associations or organizations carrying on with their previous held values, are in every church. But, that's not the case here. The point under review here is the tenets upon which the white Garment churches are built on.

In Islam for example, there's a branch of Islam called Sofism. Sofism is a metaphysical sec (the practice of spiritism) within Islam which deals with black magic, enchantments and spells. In Nigeria here, the Alphas are into that Branch of islam. They practice Spiritism using the umbrella of Islam. This sec was morphed into Islam from the Druid religion when Islam conquered the Middle East, they continued their practices inside Islam. Will you now say Wahabism, the Shi'at sec, the Sunna Islam and the other branches are practicing black magic? No. But, you can't erase the fact that satanic agenda is being fostered inside Islam.

Black magic is the base of Sofi Islam, so if anyone wants to say SoFism is not satanic in Islam, then we wld have to go right back to the beginning and check.
Now, back to Christianity and the the peculiar belief system of the White Garment churches and their practices in Nigeria, will you say they stand solely on the commandments of the Bible as handed down from the Lord Jesus Christ?.

Well, if you say some individuals amongst them are falsifying scriptures, hence planting heresies in the church, let us also go back to their founders and their individual specific encounters which let to them starting the churches? Was it God indeed who called them, or an Angel appeared to them?
If an Angel appeared to them, can we say what they were told aligns with the dictates of scriptures?

4 Likes

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Anas09: 3:47pm On Jun 23, 2023
FxMasterz:

You can just imagine. Their founders even have connections with rivers and perform sacrifices at nights. Well, I think that should apply to Celestial. Moses Orimolade who founded C&S [/b]was a true man of God[/b]
You can without a doubt vouch for that? Sir, do you know that Moses Orimolade was into Timber business when one of those days he was in the forest cutting wood when a snake appeared to him with a human face, with only one tooth of a human, speaking with the voice of a human, telling him that he was chosen to serve God in the capacity of a prophet?
This creature presented itself like a special Angel to Moses Orimolade.
Do you know that this was the encounter he had that made him leave his business and ventured ministry? Pls tell me how this can be from Jesus.

The name alone "Cherubim and Seraphim" signifise that their adherence is to Arch Angels instead of Jesus. Sir, do you know that humans are not permitted to summon Angels for anything? We are to petition YHWH, they Jesus will dispatch Angels to attend to us.

Sir, Cherubim and Seraphim worships Angels, and it's a sin. Angels don't accept worship from men. So, any Angel who accepts worship from men is not from God. That's Satan sir.

FxMasterz:

The C&S was bastardized after him when his successors couldn't replicate the miracles he performed.
In true Christianity, miracles, signs and wonders are not the bases to judge a true Christian or a ministry backed my Jesus the founder of the church. The word of God and the sound doctrine primarily based on the scripture is what we use in judging the member of the body of Christ.

Jesus warned us to watch out, because when false prophets come, it is miracles they will use to decieve many.

FxMasterz:

They resorted to unwholesome fetish practices to keep their members. You can see a few Godly C&S churches today but they're very rare.
How wow. This what I was looking for. I need someone to put me through. If they are solely Scriptural doctrines in S&C that are not extra Biblical, I wld need to know. So, tell me sir. God bless.
FxMasterz:

The same cannot be said of Cele. The very foundation of that church is faulty.
How so? Didn't Cele break out of S&C?
The name Celestial -Means 'Heavenly body'. Extra Terrestrial.
The Earth is Terrestrial, the spiritual is Celestial. Still worship of Angels. But this is more marine that sky.

FxMasterz:

Would you care to share what you read about Osofa? I read a lot of different stories about him. I don't even know what to believe. All the stories about his call to ministry are actually very weird.
All of the white Garment churches have very weird encounters. Very weird.

4 Likes

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Anas09: 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2023
Didijiji:
See your mouth.....
yhen yhen yhenn

so you dont think he had issues in the church that made him leave? Now e don become say he met Christ...

So there is no Christ in White garment churches. I would love to listen to the message.

It will be glad to have him come for an open debate with members that knew him them in Aggrey road PH.
Lolzzzzz. Oh, so you know some people who knew him before he left the Church? Well, he received his encounter in Lagos, not in Port Harcourt. But good luck with the debate.
Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Didijiji: 3:54pm On Jun 23, 2023
Anas09:

You can without a doubt vouch for that? Sir, do you know that Moses Orimolade was into Timber business when one of those days he was in the forest cutting wood when a snake appeared to him with a human face, with only one tooth of a human, speaking with the voice of a human, telling him that he was chosen to serve God in the capacity of a prophet?
Do you know that this was the encounter he had that made him leave his business and ventured ministry? Pls tell me how this can be from Jesus.

The name alone "Cherubim and Seraphim" signifise that their adherence is to Arch Angels instead of Jesus. Sir, do you know that humans are not permitted to summon Angels for anything? We are to petition YHWH, they Jesus will dispatch Angels to attend to us.

Sir, Cherubim and Seraphim worships Angels, and it's a sin. Angels don't accept worship from men. So, any Angel who accepts worship from men is not from God. That's Satan sir.

In true Christianity, miracles, signs and wonders are not the bases to judge a true Christian or a ministry backed my Jesus the founder of the church. The word of God and the sound doctrine primarily based on the scripture is what we use in judging the member of the body of Christ.

Jesus warned us to watch out, because when false prophets come, it is miracles they will use to decieve many.

How wow. This what I was looking for. I need someone to put me through. If they are solely Scriptural doctrines in S&C that are not extra Biblical, I wld need to know. So, tell me sir. God bless.

The Earth is Terrestrial, the spiritual is Celestial. Still worship of Angels. But this is more marine that sky.

See how you are displaying ignorance with so much pride and confidence.... Hhahahahah

Na your type dey wan prove say 2+3=4

Snake appeared to Orimolade where abeg? Even with your lies you said the supposed snake told him to serve God as a Prophet. GOD NA SATAN?
Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Didijiji: 4:07pm On Jun 23, 2023
Anas09:

Lolzzzzz. Oh, so you know some people who knew him before he left the Church? Well, he received his encounter in Lagos, not in Port Harcourt. But good luck with the debate.
Hahahahahahaha

He received his encounter in Lagos abi....

People know him and have his history and the reason he left.

Has it not occurred to you that maybe this man just dey attack white garment churches because of grudges?

Or he hasn't seen or heard any Pentecostal church doing evil. Has he ever mentioned he hated those type of churches but he always picks on white garment churches
Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by otipoju(m): 4:27pm On Jun 23, 2023
FxMasterz:

Elisha told Naaman to go wash and be healed, did he actually do that to anyone else? Was it not a specific instruction from God to Naaman? Are your church members Naaman? Do they have leprosy? After Jesus put mud in the eyes of the blind man, wouldn't he wash off the mud? If Jesus chose for him to go wash in a pool, was that not specific to him? Did Christ do the same to anybody else? Did the apostles make a doctrine out of it? Do your church members have mud in their eyes? I'm afraid you're misinterpreting scriptures.

Interestingly, the holy ground where Moses was asked to put off his sandals was situated in Midan. Did God ever tell Moses afterwards in all his journeys with God to put off his sandals? Even when he climbed holy mountains such as Sinai and Horeb, was he ever asked to put off his sandals? Even Joshua his servant never did. We should expect that the holiest grounds would be in Israel or at least in Jerusalem, most especially the locations of the Tabernacle and the Temple. Did God ever instruct the children of Israel to put off their sandals in any of those places? The Midian episode was just a one time episode. It never recurred. Why make a doctrine of it when even Moses and the Israelites never did? Anyway, walking bare footed isn't sin. That doesn't stop anyone from making heaven except you have some rituals attached to it, but it's an unnecessary discomfort. It neither adds nor take anything from you. God wouldn't reward anyone for walking barefooted all his life. He wouldn't punish the person either. The person already punished himself enough.

Yeah, we see all those things done in heaven. They were done in heaven, they were never commanded to to be done on earth. And all those things were symbols. You might never get to see them when you get to heaven. Symbols would remain symbols. When you have the real thing, what would you need symbols for? The symbols were just for the purpose of the visions. For example, if the seven lamps were not symbolized, how would we know that there are seven Spirits of God? That's the purpose the symbols serve. You don't know better than the Lord Jesus and the Apostles who never used them. They didn't even make any allusion to them in all the over 100yrs of their ministries. John the Revelator himself who received the revelations never used them. He was the longest living apostle in his days, he never used any of those stuffs you're using. He didn't deliver it to his proteges. Even Polycarp, who was one of John's strongest disciples would consider your practices to be strange and completely alien. He served as a Bishop for complete 84yrs after the death of John, he never remembered to burn one candle. It seems you even know better than John who had the revelations.

My brother, we won't burn any physical candles in heaven. They were just symbols. The incense represents the prayers of the saints. Each time we pray, we're burning spiritual incense. God has no respect for physical incense. The white garments represent the righteousness of the saints. Candles were only used in the Holy of Holies in the Old Testament. Incense and candles are shadows in the old Testaments, in the new, prayer is the real body for incense and the indwelling Presence of the Holy Spirit is the real body for the candles. The shadow has been done away with. Or would you condemn Jesus and His apostles for not burning incense or candles like you do? Please stop making all these weak defences.

I was involved in the Pentecostal revolutions of the 80s and 90s. I have first hand experience of how Pentecostalism started in Nigeria. There was no demarketing whatsoever. It was Deeper Life that actually demarketed all other churches in its early days. And truly, Kumuyi walked in the power of God which was a rare occurrence in the ,70s. As a matter of fact, everyone knows that Cele is fetish. Even sinful youths know very well to avoid Cele girls because they're believed to be fetish. They're afraid a cele girl could ruin their lives. Please I just need to tell you the truth because you may not even know how your church is perceived out there. People attend the church only when they have no other option. After being there for many years, they'll find out that when one problem leaves, some other 10 would surface. They continue solving one problem or the other all their lives. Finally, some of them find their ways into Pentecostal churches where they get delivered. The other day I was praying for a group of just 7 people. Immediately I laid hands on the first person on the line, the woman who was at the other end of the line began falling and rising. I have not even touched her. It wasn't her turn yet. We weren't even conducting deliverance, just a normal prayer for blessings. That woman scattered the whole place that day. Later I was told after the service that the woman was a new member of that church, and that she came in from Cele. Everyone said said no wonder!

My brother, let's leave denominationalism aside. If Christ comes today, would He be pleased with the strange and weird things you do? Do you really think you're serving Jesus or you have another Master? Jesus never commanded us to do any of those weird things. Who exactly do you serve? Who's your master?

There are powers my brother. There are powers. Even the magicians of Egypt countered Moses with their powers. They replicated some of the miracles Moses did. But what was their source? The source is what matters. Not every miracle is from God.

Please look deeply into your source. The so called biblical explanations your clergy gave you are flawed. Very flawed. Who knows maybe God could use you to bring a revolution and reintroduce the true gospel into the Celestial church. We would be so glad to see someone kindle the fire of revival in the white garment churches.
These conversations are not happening for nothing. Please note that your loyalty should be to Christ and not to your denomination.

CC:
Didijiji

How you perceive our church has zero effect on our faith.

Have you ever visited or sat down an a celestial church of christ, have you ever picked up a Celestial Church of Christ hymnbook to read understand the church beliefs religious beliefs?

I am sure you answer is no.

My big question to you is still, if these items that you are agree are found in the Bible and used in one way or the other in worshipping God....why do you label them as fetish or demonic...because Christ did not command it?

Okay if we want to use your logic now answer these questions?

Did Jesus command you to pay tithe? Why do your pastors collect tithes.

Did Jesus command you to use anointing oil? Why do your pastors use anointing oil?

Did Jesus command you to speak in tounges? Why then do you blabbing unintelligible nonsense

Did Jesus command you sing? Whey then do you sing in church.

Did Jesus command you to play musical instruments in church, why then do you do so?

Did Jesus command you to build physical churches? Why then do you build church buildings?

Did Jesus command your Pastors to collect offerings every service? Why do your pastors do so?

I can go on and on but I have another question for you?

Did the Son of God begin to exist only after he was born as flesh, or was he already active in the world before his birth?

Does commandments by God to the Israelites his chosen ones become irrelevant because Jesus did not command it.

You are very very asleep. The Bible is not a novel and should not be treated as one.

The gospel of Christ is not complex...it is simply for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him may not perish but have everlasting life.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by FxMasterz: 4:38pm On Jun 23, 2023
Anas09:

Wow, you're very knowledgeable about these white garment churches. So, it was a snake with human head that commissioned Orimolade? Wonders shall never end. That's surely a demonic commissioning. Thank you for the enlightenment. Meanwhile, the ignorant members would be looking for scriptures to back up those weird encounters. They'll start turning the word of God upside down and start misinterpreting scriptures.

There's a white garment church that pulled out from C&S. They're called Movement. I don't know much about them but they don't burn candies, go to rivers or do incantations. I visited one of their pastors some years ago and was shocked to see Kenneth Hagin's books on his table. I'm not conversant with their entire doctrines and activities but I know they're different.

Please tell me more about how Cele was founded. I'll really appreciate it. I think it's high time I started researching deeply into these things.

1 Like

Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Didijiji: 5:05pm On Jun 23, 2023
otipoju:

How you perceive our church has zero effect on our faith.

Have you ever visited or sat down an a celestial church of christ, have you ever picked up a Celestial Church of Christ hymnbook to read understand the church beliefs religious beliefs?

I am sure you answer is no.

My big question to you is still, if these items that you are agree are found in the Bible and used in one way or the other in worshipping God....why do you label them as fetish or demonic...because Christ did not command it?

Okay if we want to use your logic now answer these questions?

Did Jesus command you to pay tithe? Why do your pastors collect tithes.

Did Jesus command you to use anointing oil? Why do your pastors use anointing oil?

Did Jesus command you to speak in tounges? Why then do you blabbing unintelligible nonsense

Did Jesus command you sing? Whey then do you sing in church.

Did Jesus command you to play musical instruments in church, why then do you do so?

Did Jesus command you to build physical churches? Why then do you build church buildings?

Did Jesus command your Pastors to collect offerings every service? Why do your pastors do so?

I can go on and on but I have another question for you?

Did the Son of God begin to exist only after he was born as flesh, or was he already active in the world before his birth?

Does commandments by God to the Israelites his chosen ones become irrelevant because Jesus did not command it.

You are very very asleep. The Bible is not a novel and should not be treated as one.

The gospel of Christ is not complex...it is simply for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in him may not perish but have everlasting life.

if you touch tithe you don kill them o. No go that side
Re: The Hate On White Garment Churches by Didijiji: 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2023
FxMasterz:

Wow, you're very knowledgeable about these white garment churches. So, it was a snake with human head that commissioned Orimolade? Wonders shall never end. That's surely a demonic commissioning. Thank you for the enlightenment. Meanwhile, the ignorant members would be looking for scriptures to back up those weird encounters. They'll start turning the word of God upside down and start misinterpreting scriptures.

There's a white garment church that pulled out from C&S. They're called Movement. I don't know much about them but they don't burn candies, go to rivers or do incantations. I visited one of their pastors some years ago and was shocked to see Kenneth Hagin's books on his table. I'm not conversant with their entire doctrines and activities but I know they're different.

Please tell me more about how Cele was founded. I'll really appreciate it. I think it's high time I started researching deeply into these things.
your type are all the people Daddy Freeze call sheeples…. Easily brain washed with little or no self thinking ability? So you just read that snake met Orimolade and whether it is your or not, you accepted the jargon and even went further to paint it that snake commissioned the church?

May God forgive all of you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Which Is Your Best Gospel Songs And Artists? / Rude Things People Do In Church / Dunamis Church 'Fake Testimony': Anyim Vera Deserves An Apology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 334
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.