Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,134 members, 7,821,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others (41255 Views)

FG Approves Salary Increase For Civil Servants. / Tinubu Appoints Desmond Akawor As RMAFC Federal Commissioner / RMAFC Denies Salary Increase For Tinubu, Govs, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by Raskimonojendor: 7:55pm On Jun 21, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Last i checked, he pioneered it.
He showed other states how to loot the treasury through pension law.
He's done it before, he can do it again
Then let him go ahead and do it. If he approves it, Would he also be in control of the National Assembly too? Best you start sending emails or calling your senator and representatives to reject it. Even better if they are in opposition parties. cool

5 Likes

Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by sukar886: 7:57pm On Jun 21, 2023
And poor masses are suffering , chaiiii
Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by Reflect7: 7:58pm On Jun 21, 2023
drsibz66:
This is heartlessness at its peak. People who are already earning in millions, don't pay for fuel ,diesel or electricity are the same People who gets their salary doubled post subsidy removal and increase in electricity tariff.

The intentions of this administration is clear.

It’s not been approved.

You’re wasting your energy condemning something that has not happened.

4 Likes

Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by sukar886: 8:01pm On Jun 21, 2023
Flets:
This is sad

And lest we forget

1. 7.5% VAT on diesel
2. Fuel subsidy removed
3. Electricity tariff hiked
4. University tuition increased to 400K+
5. Naira devalued
6. Same old politicians lined up to continue the looting

While
7. FG Votes ₦24 Billion For 10th NASS Members’ Accommodation
8. Elected Politicians, Judges Set To Get 114% Salary Raise

Anybody still in doubt should have all their doubts cleared at this time. All of the policies so far is to make more money available for looting ….. the Nigerian masses are not part of the plan. Tinubu’s game is to ensure the poor masses subsidize the political class. This is his style of political leadership.

The only solution is Nigerians must shun tribalism and religion and hold these politicians responsible. Or else we will all die.
They won't , Tribalism have killed this country , and they keep deceiving them , make una expect more suffering , my town is dry car don reduce for road, people don park there car

2 Likes

Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by SIONKPO1(m): 8:02pm On Jun 21, 2023
NLC should just shut this country or the Military should just take over.
The president removed Subsidy but nothing in place to cushon the effects but this useless legislooters that are already heavily paid he increased their salary

1 Like

Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by obi4eze(m): 8:03pm On Jun 21, 2023
Cooldowntemper:

Dance and shout ronu

Him no get wetin to talk. The next thing now na regret him go dey regret.

2 Likes

Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by victorsola: 8:03pm On Jun 21, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe .

As for minimum wage, workers must wait and committee's must be constituted, which in turn will take months or even year's before the 5k grin will be added,but it took the speed of light for their own increments to happen.

I don't blame our politicians at all,it's the common Nigerians I blame. Instead of tackling our common enemies we are busy talking about religion,tribe and defending our politicians.

The politicians know our mumu spot. Just the mention that Christians or Muslims are taking over and see action.

which common enemy even na obi reach there they can’t cut down that payment . This are legislative arm that will even destroy his governance.. the real evil are the red and green chamber and each for years in-respective of dir party dey are all the same . Greedy people

1 Like

Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by LagBae(f): 8:04pm On Jun 21, 2023
Metrofox:
grin
Good morning Nigerians.. let the feast begin.
Una go get sense by force especially the tribal ediots whose prayer point is that this government to favor them and their family

Trust me, most of them still won't get sense. No be curse.

Increase in politicians salary would still favour them and their family, loool grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by sukar886: 8:05pm On Jun 21, 2023
All these people that supported tinubu becos of Tribalism , hope una the fuel una car , drive am comfortably, abi una don park am, they have increase house members allowance , hope the increase una own, soon all of una go shade tears .... See where Tribalism keep us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by Bluntemperor: 8:05pm On Jun 21, 2023
anthonyuncle:
them don start

The RMAFC is one of those govt Agencies that should be unbundled due to serious encroachment on the Populace Resources,as regards this Agency relationship with Politicians!
Those working there are manipulating things for so long and President Tinubu should investigate them!
Sebi, recently,we see another Agency that is padding Salaries of a Junior Staff of 60k as N244k.
Shameful!
Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by Henrychino(m): 8:06pm On Jun 21, 2023
APC change grin

2 Likes

Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by vickydevoka(m): 8:07pm On Jun 21, 2023

1 Like

Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by princejohnard(m): 8:08pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hopefully the LP will mandate her elected members in federal legislative arm to PROTEST against this salary review as the NEW NIGERIA PARTY they professed to represent...
Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by prophetfire: 8:09pm On Jun 21, 2023
EyeCumInPiece:
shocked shocked shocked
This is more than double their salaries.
...while most sane Nigerians are advocating for reduction in cost of governance.

I give up on this country...
Bwahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa grin grin grin. BATifiers, how far? I hope they increased your online ranting allowance too?

1 Like

Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by Goodvibes007: 8:12pm On Jun 21, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Then let him go ahead and do it. If he approves it, Would he also be in control of the National Assembly too? Best you start sending emails or calling your senator and representatives to reject it. Even better if they are in opposition parties. cool
That's what people do abroad. They will pick up the phone, visit their constituents office, send emails e.t.c. Nigerians are politically illustrates. They don't know politicians are meant to serve them and not the other way around.
Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by FasasiAkeem(m): 8:14pm On Jun 21, 2023
iwaeda:

https://dailytrust.com/fg-approves-114-salary-increase-for-tinubu-shettima-govs-others/
may GOD cure balablulu supporters from whatever they are suffering from,
Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by Menclothing: 8:15pm On Jun 21, 2023
They don’t need it

Only civil servants needs increase
Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by Goodvibes007: 8:15pm On Jun 21, 2023
sukar886:
All these people that supported tinubu becos of Tribalism , hope una the fuel una car , drive am comfortably, abi una don park am, they have increase house members allowance , hope the increase una own, soon all of una go shade tears .... See where Tribalism keep us
This has nothing to do with Tinubu. The proposal was during Bubari's era. It's now left for Tinubu to approve or not, then it would go on the the National and states assemblies.

As per tribalism. It was actually the other way around. I was not in Nigeria during the elections but it I was, I would have voted Tinubu or Atiku. The reason I won't vote for Obi is just because of his past religious bigotry and tribalism in his days at APGA.

Even as at now, he doesn't appear to have changed. The "yes daddy call" and his legal team plus witnesses are majorly from one part of the country.
Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by larryj09(m): 8:17pm On Jun 21, 2023
Is a good move, only if the minimum wage increment should follow immediately, to stop the poor from getting poorer and the rich 🤑 getting richer in our dear country naija.
Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by stormborn28(m): 8:18pm On Jun 21, 2023
helinues:

If you give a mad man a hoe, he must first make ridges for himself. Same case with the FG, before increasing workers salary, they want to increase theirs first.. grin

This your adage no correct.. No madman go know say hoe na to dig ridges..

Shame dey catch you for wetin APC government just do. Meaning they did it secretly in January...
It is a pity you no dey reason at all..

2 Likes

Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by MrFly(m): 8:20pm On Jun 21, 2023
See finishing, let the masses die in penury. Agbadorians over to u
Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by Poanan: 8:25pm On Jun 21, 2023
APC e-rats will avoid this thread like a plague.
Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by Occurstaem(m): 8:25pm On Jun 21, 2023
What kind of fùckery is this?
Too bad. It's obvious this is nonsense.

I hope this doesn't see the light of the day.
Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by Poanan: 8:25pm On Jun 21, 2023
Goodvibes007:

This has nothing to do with Tinubu. The proposal was during Bubari's era. It's now left for Tinubu to approve or not, then it would go on the the National and states assemblies.

As per tribalism. It was actually the other way around. I was not in Nigeria during the elections but it I was, I would have voted Tinubu or Atiku. The reason I won't vote for Obi is just because of his past religious bigotry and tribalism in his days at APGA.

Even as at now, he doesn't appear to have changed. The "yes daddy call" and his legal team plus witnesses are majorly from one part of the country.
Including okutepa. So Buhari signed It?
Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by Goodvibes007: 8:29pm On Jun 21, 2023
Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by Franchise21(m): 8:29pm On Jun 21, 2023
Minimum wage them never increase, them get mind dey increase Politicians salary with 114% increment. This country!
Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by positive11: 8:30pm On Jun 21, 2023
we need to know why they have to increase their salaries when they cant increase civil servants by even 40 %, P Tinubu will will not buy this one
Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by GeneralPula: 8:33pm On Jun 21, 2023
bitbillionaire:

Do you even realise that it is possible for salary increment to be approved now but its effective date is backdated?

The question is, if this 114% increment took effect since 1st of January as claimed, why is it just being announced?

Baba, until I see contrary evidence, I prefer to believe it is Tinubu that just approve this increment and authorise it to be backdated in order to fool people like you
Bro, the president is yet to approve it..

This same issue was raised in 2015 and it was eventually rejected..

1 Like

Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by Goodvibes007: 8:36pm On Jun 21, 2023

Written by Mark Itsibor

The Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) has denied media report (not in LEADERSHIP) that it has approved the increment of salaries of political office-holders, judicial and public office holders by 114 per cent.

In an exclusive discussion with LEADERSHIP, RMAFC Public Relations Officer, Christian Nwachukwu, said President Bola Tinubu has not given approval for the increment of salaries of public servants.

Rakiya Tanko-Ayuba, a Federal Commissioner in the Commission, had made the salary increment remark when she represented RMAFC chairman, Mohammad Shehu, at the presentation of the reports of the reviewed remuneration package to Kebbi State Governor, Nasir Idris, in Birnin Kebbi, on Tuesday.

Tanko-Ayuba reportedly said that implementation of the reviewed remuneration packages was effective from January 1, 2023, a claim that has been strongly denied by the Commission’s spokesman.

“Not my chairman. Not my chairman. My chairman has never made any statement on it. And I have not made any statement on it. No statement from chairman, no statement from me. So, I don’t know. I heard one of the Commissioners said it. I don’t want to be quoted,” the RMAFC spokesperson told our Correspondent while denying the Commissioner’s assertion.

“No approval yet. There is no approval yet. I don’t know the source of that story. Everything is under the process. It has to come as a Bill for Mr President to assent.

“The President has not given assent. Until the President gives assent, you cannot take it as if it has taken effect. You know that. You are a journalist.

“I don’t want to be quoted wrongly. The President has not given assent to it. It is still under the process,” Nwachukwu said over a phone chat with this writer.

Asked if the National Assembly has begun work on the proposal, he said: “it will be sent to National Assembly. Whichever way, whether it has been sent or not, the President has not assented to it. All those legislative process has to be completed; finally, it will land on Mr President’s table for assent. That has not been completed.”

When our correspondent asked if that means that the story making the rounds on salary increment was not true, Nwachukwu said: “just take it the way you understand it so that you don’t quote me anyhow.”

Asked whether the RMAFC has sent the executive bill through FEC to the National Assembly for deliberation, Nwachukwu simply said: “everything is under the process.”

https://leadership.ng/rmafc-denies-salary-increase-for-tinubu-govs-others/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by GeneralPula: 8:36pm On Jun 21, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
For further clarification:
A thread needs to be made up for this clarification..

1 Like

Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by fabuloz1(m): 8:37pm On Jun 21, 2023
GeneralPula:

He said the implementation of the reviewed remuneration packages was effective from January 1, 2023, adding that the move was in accordance with the provision of paragraph 32(d) of part 1 of the Third Schedule of the 1999 constitution of the federal government (as amended).

At least, be reading before spitting out your gibberish..

Something wey don dey effective since Jan1, even before election..
You really have no idea how workers salaries are paid when reviewed. Whenever salaries are reviewed, they pay arrears
Re: RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others by stormborn28(m): 8:41pm On Jun 21, 2023
omenka:
I sincerely hope this isn't true. I sincerely hope so.

You never see anything...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Tinubu To Reshuffle Cabinet, Five Ministers likely to Be Dropped - The Will / EFCC Detains Fayose As Fayemi Threatens Probe / Supreme Court Nullifies APC's Appeal On Rivers Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.