Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1279425 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mytestimony: 10:33am On Jan 19, 2015
mamateniola1:
afternoon everyone pls@ladyg pls where did you buy the drugs? @mytestimony longtime! I dey try remember yur moniker since yu announced ya bfp on ttc thread. How yu dey push?

Thank God. Small small. Thanks for the mention.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by viviparity: 7:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
My ppl, i need advice pls the more i try it seems friutless. Frm fibriod to high prolactrn to pocs.though patent tubes.dh agreed for us to go through other means. where do i start?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by viviparity: 7:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
Why all these for only me?.the doc said conception is possible wit the fibriod bt hv nt miss period for 2yrs now.where do i start
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 10:57pm On Jan 19, 2015
viviparity:
My ppl, i need advice pls the more i try it seems friutless. Frm fibriod to high prolactrn to pocs.though patent tubes.dh agreed for us to go through other means. where do i start?
Welcome. It is well.
Ist get a gynae. Seems U have already done that
2. Treat the high prolactin and PCOS with the medication he gives U. I have a home remedy. Worked for me. Eat cabbage ist thing in the morning before breakfast. And as much as u can. Lowers the prolactin within 4 weeks.
3. Decide the best treatment plan with ur doctor eg, clomid, iui or what.
May God grant u ur heart's desires. Take your time in God's waiting room to get closer to God. And tell God what u want given at the end of your wait.
Shalom
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ebube2014: 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
@viviparity how have you been. Long time. Just chill and take it a day at a time. Its will all work out with patience and prayer. Like lady G said treat the prolactin and the PCOS. If you are on the heavy side loose some weight and do some exercise. But just be patient and keep faith. God is working on it....
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by napa: 6:16pm On Jan 20, 2015
In tears, started bleeding this afternoon, due for a blood test on Thursday. Is it possible to get a positive?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Shofas: 7:02pm On Jan 20, 2015
@vivaparity I also was told recently to have slightly high prolactin so I was told to start bromergon and the side effects were harsh for me but I'll use it for the positivity that I beleive will come out of it
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by beauty4ashes: 7:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
@Viviparity,it is well my sister.just to add to what our mamas have said,i read from the other thread that ewedu witout potash and vit b6 works well for high prolactin & as regards to the PCOS,i tink ur gynae would be in the best position to tell u what will work best for u. I look forward to hearing ur gud news...sticky baby dust to u.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by viviparity: 7:31pm On Jan 20, 2015
I appreciate ur love for me.i wil try to find who wil show me wat is ewedu nd hw to prepare it.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by meandhim: 9:24pm On Jan 20, 2015
@napa,so sorry to hear this but take heart my dear nd put ur trust in God evrtn wll b fine wit u.Blessing to u
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by faithfulwife(f): 10:37pm On Jan 20, 2015
Pls take heart Napa, God is still God! Take solace in Him.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by bukieluv(f): 12:14am On Jan 21, 2015
@ ladyguinivere please can you send a copy of supernatural childbirth to nikebature@gmail.com. Thank you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ebube2014: 2:37am On Jan 21, 2015
@napa it is well, just go and do your test on Thursday. God is God, trust in him.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by henmaris: 5:48am On Jan 21, 2015
Napa, my prayers are with you, God be your strength.
@viviparity, we all can feel your pain because we are somehow in same shoe.Don't ask why me because every problem has a solution just that God's timing is different from ours. Do as ladyg and others have said.Get a gyno,get treatment and it sure shall be well soon.

As for me, still waiting for AF, 22days and I'm counting.God alone knows what's next.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 8:46am On Jan 21, 2015
bukieluv:
@ ladyguinivere please can you send a copy of supernatural childbirth to nikebature@gmail.com. Thank you.
Sent
@Napa. Be still and know that He is God. No matter the outcome, God remains God.
No matter the outcome, remain thankful for your and girl babies
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ebi2009: 3:45am On Jan 22, 2015
Good day all. Can someone please tell me the current price of IUI and the best hospital for it. Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by akintr1: 11:37am On Jan 22, 2015
Good day to you all!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by napa: 1:29pm On Jan 22, 2015
Thank you all for your words of encouragement. The result was negative, though I had high hopes that it was going to work out. Doctor doesn't know what went wrong. I believe God remains God. He will answer me at His time. Best of luck to others that are on the waiting list.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 1:40pm On Jan 22, 2015
It is well darling. Be strong, God does not lie and his promises of fruitfulness will surely come to pass in our lives.

napa:
Thank you all for your words of encouragement. The result was negative, though I had high hopes that it was going to work out. Doctor doesn't know what went wrong. I believe God remains God. He will answer me at His time. Best of luck to others that are on the waiting list.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by joyfulbabies: 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
@Napa, please take heart the Lord is your strength!

Good afternoon my brothers and sisters,
I am a silent reader on this forum, soon I would post my story/history. For now I need your assistance, I have been inserting cyclogest pensary since the day of EC and now am 11weeks 4days.
I came to Lagos from the Northern part of the country for the procedure, Glory be to God it was successful. Now because of the distance I decided to register for my antenatal in my place, the first doctor I met on Tuesday in a big hospital that I went is a gynecologist but he is not into IUI/IVF/ICSI, so he asked me to stop at 12weeks, though I was in Lagos on Monday and my IVF doctor also told me to use it till 12weeks and he also said I should ask my new doctor if I should continue or stop after 12wks.
Yesterday I went to another hospital (a recommended one) to register the doctor told me that IVF is not his line that he can only treat me for normal antenatal till I give birth, my questions now are:
When should I stop inserting Cyclogest?
Does too much progesterone (the one we are getting from cyclogest) have any negative effect on the baby or mother?
Is there any special treatment or antenatal for IVF patient?
Kindly help me o! I have been on this infertility for almost 10years now, your quick responds would be highly appreciated.
Aunty Blendy77, mytestimony, Safe06, Pinkinmama, Bro inwangobio and the rest of my sisters should please come to my rescue!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ebube2014: 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
@joyfulbabies most doctors will advise you to stop taking the cyclogest at 12 weeks because after then your placenta takes over the production of the progesterone needed for pregnancy.

Cyclogest (progesterone) is supposed to be produces by the ovaries but because the ovaries is kind of shut down during down regulation, they dont produce progesterone or dont produce enough, thus the need for the cyclogest but by 10 -12 weeks the placenta takes over and thats why they usually tell you to stop the progesterone at that time.

For more reassurance you can ask them to check your blood to make sure the levels are where there are supposed to be.

Apart from side effects such as bloating, constipation its almost safe in the first trimester for baby and mother. I dont know what happens afterwards.

There is no special treatment for IVF patient after the first trimester. The same reason you stop taking the Cyclogest. The placenta takes over and then its up to God at that point.

My dear relax and enjoy your pregnancy. God has already answered just keep faith.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ebube2014: 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
@Ebi2009 a friend did IUI at Bridge Clinic (Port Harcourt) and got positive and she paid about 150k with the medications included. I think IUI in most clinics in Lagos is around that price.

I dont know the best hospital for it and 1 personally believe its how lucky you are and if God says its time. And again what the reason for the IUI is. I have done about 5 IUI and all came out negative. But my case is unexplained infertility so basically its hard for me to get pregnant.

My friend that got positive was at her 3rd attempt in same bridge that God smiled at her. Her daughter is a year old now.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 5:01pm On Jan 22, 2015
joyfulbabies:

I am a silent reader on this forum, soon I would post my story/history. For now I need your assistance, I have been inserting cyclogest pensary since the day of EC and now am 11weeks 4days.
I came to Lagos from the Northern part of the country for the procedure, Glory be to God it was successful. Now because of the distance I decided to register for my antenatal in my place, the first doctor I met on Tuesday in a big hospital that I went is a gynecologist but he is not into IUI/IVF/ICSI, so he asked me to stop at 12weeks, though I was in Lagos on Monday and my IVF doctor also told me to use it till 12weeks and he also said I should ask my new doctor if I should continue or stop after 12wks.
Yesterday I went to another hospital (a recommended one) to register the doctor told me that IVF is not his line that he can only treat me for normal antenatal till I give birth, my questions now are:
Does too much progesterone (the one we are getting from cyclogest) have any negative effect on the baby or mother?
Kindly help me o! I have been on this infertility for almost 10years now, your quick responds would be highly appreciated.
Aunty Blendy77, mytestimony, Safe06, Pinkinmama, Bro inwangobio and the rest of my sisters should please come to my rescue!

Ebube has already told u all about cyclogest and Drs managing IVF patients. From 12wks its the same thg. As for the cyclogest you can take it up to 14wks to be on the safe side. Though most Drs advice 12wks because ur baby's placenta is supposed to produce its own progesterone from 12wks. Read more online
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 6:53pm On Jan 22, 2015
@Joyful babies. Most doctors say stop at 12 weeks. Other people continue to avoid stories that touch.
My sister used it up to 28 weeks. Gestone injection not even cyclogest.
@Napa *hugs! It is well and will end in praise. Remain blest
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by 1dafuGod: 7:12pm On Jan 22, 2015
Good evening all, am new here and have been following. Please I would like to have the ebook sent to me. Ronkek1@gmail.com
The Lord will open his book of remembrance to All.
Baby dust to all. Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 8:03pm On Jan 22, 2015
1dafuGod:
Good evening all, am new here and have been following. Please I would like to have the ebook sent to me. Ronkek1@gmail.com
The Lord will open his book of remembrance to All.
Baby dust to all. Thanks
Sent
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mytestimony: 8:13pm On Jan 22, 2015
joyfulbabies:

Ebube has said it all. Congratulations
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Anewdawn: 11:26pm On Jan 22, 2015
Hello house. I did iui on d 5th, and some days after d procedure during the 2 weeks wait, I started having serious nausea everymorning and any other time of d day. My 14th day which was on monday 19th, I didn't see AF, d next day being tuesday 20th, I did a hpt and it came out negative. Then yesterday, being wednesday 21th, d nausea was horrible then later in dat day I started cramping which was followed by blood. Af started and I put pad, but thou its not heavy but its just normal/scanty flow but with small clots. This morning 22nd I still had serious nausea again. I'm confused and don't know what to attibute to this situation.

Please what do u guys think? Have any one experienced such. D pad I put since like 7 dis evening, ther is nothing on it and I'm still having cramps. If I'm not preggy, what cud be causing dis kind of nausea that just throws me off balance.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Akpaumuaka: 7:57am On Jan 23, 2015
@Newdawn...that could be implantation bleeding o so congrats on ur bfp(by faith).I guess u should go for a blood test or better still wait for the monday the doc asked u to wait.I'm sure our sabi sabi mamas will soon attend to u.
Gudmorning all

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by napa: 8:04am On Jan 23, 2015
@Anewdawn, I think it's better you go for a blood test to be rest assured of exactly what is going on.

Please can anyone recommend a good and tested hospital for fibroid removal. My gynea said he doesn't want to operate it because he feels it shouldn't stop me from conceiving. The clinic I used for my failed ivf said same thing too, but I'm not just comfortable with it been there cos of the pain and heavy bleeding I experience monthly. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by napa: 8:12am On Jan 23, 2015
Mothers how soon can one start fasting "the MFM deliverance type" after a failed cycle. Hope it won't cause any ugly effect especially due to all the hormonal drugs and injections taken. Just want to be sure.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by joyfulbabies: 10:20am On Jan 23, 2015
WHAT A WONDERFUL FAMILY I JUST FOUND!
Thank you very much my sisters am indeed very grateful, God bless you all.
@Ebube,Blendy,mytestimony and LadyGuinivere, I appreciate you all kiss
I was not happy when the doctor said he only offer normal antenatal, (I asked myself, Does that mean mine is abnormal?) but now am very happy to hear from my sister that "There is no special treatment for IVF patient after the first trimester" so I can receive treatment from any good hospital as long as they have maternity, so we are not different from other pregnant women?
Please if there is any other drug(s) that I can be taken apart from folic acid, Bco and Vitamin C that they give in hospital through out 9months, let me know so that I can get them.
I have one 1/2 packs of Cyclogest, I would finish it and stop that would make it 14weeks 2days. Hope is not too much?

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.