Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:36 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1280450 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by udoka2: 9:32am On Sep 26, 2012
Believers84
I will say enjoy the moment, it could kick in any time for you or remain same thruought ur pregancy which is fine. Dont even try to google it pls (easier said than done). For me l think its normal this early. let experienced mums talk shaa smiley
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 2:46pm On Sep 26, 2012
Topal thank God for you o! The devil is a liar as our joy shall not be cut short IJN amen. Kpele Inlaw.

Believers, better be kissing that baby every morning you wake up for a job well done. Tell him/her how much you love him/her so she should just continue to behave and also be thanking God for plenty enjoyment now cos when they start......... I reserve my comment. Congrats for a hitch free preggy.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 26, 2012
Thanks ladies, am a lot relieved to know its pretty normal.May almighty God see us through the remaining weeks of this wonderful journey amen.May he also grant every woman TTCing in this forum,the miracle of conception in Jesus name
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bucacious: 7:17am On Sep 27, 2012
@ topal,pls and pls its very normal. I got preggo naturally in Jan and am sure I lost it @ 7wks coz of worries of not seeing any symptom! I started googling all stuff. I was testing wit preg strip per second. Was also asking everybody if it was normal and trust google, it must av somethin to say. Then I read in the bible abt Job who said those things he worries abt came upon him! So, dear just forget abt google for now.just start thankin God for His blessings. My sis inlaw has 2 kids now and she always hav symptomless pregnancies.it is well$
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by NEGOZI: 9:03am On Sep 28, 2012
@ Blenddy 77,

Im sorry i could not reply on time . I am not in nigeria,am in europe and my husband is using his COVERING INSURANCE if there is any need for that for here in europe medicals are free.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 12:17pm On Sep 28, 2012
ok, all the best with your procedure. I wish you lots and lots of baby dust and sticky vibes.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DeGenius3(m): 6:44pm On Sep 28, 2012
haven't tried any
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by olikili: 7:18pm On Sep 28, 2012
hi all thanks for your good wishes i'm so excited that sometimes its as if i want to show my bulging stomach to the whole world to see God's mercy upon my life. well the babies are doing well but with each passing day they are getting heavier though am not complaining but i can't wait till they are here. i'll have to stop work soon though cos the docs say i have to be on bed rest till i have the babies.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Beetle: 7:48am On Sep 29, 2012
@ Believer84, Congratulations on your pregnancy. Wish you a stress free pregnancy. Much love!

Beetle
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2012
Hello everyone,am new on d forum,am sorry if I get anything wrong while posting,am just anti social media,congrats to evry one who is preggo now and plenty congrats to dos still trying we will all become joyful mothers so I've. Been trying for 7yr though I've been so inconsistent but disgnosis I'd pcos,tubes fine,DH SA soliid,its not just happening.I got preggo in 2009 though thru clomid and some injectn I don't even know the name but had a mc at 7 and 18 weeks respectively,twas a multiple,nothing has happened since den and am confused a gynae wants me to do iui but am just so lost.I've heard positive stories abt georges on dis trend can someone pls advice me on the nxt step,am trying hard to hold back tears ,if u had a positive. Result from a first iui can u pls pm me on iyaibeji3@gmail.com,bendy pls can u pm me,I really want to see your mail
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 4:35pm On Sep 30, 2012
Sent you an email yesterday. Don't worry, just relax, you've been pregnant before so you will definitely get pregnant again. Keep the faith that it must stay this time around cos with God all things are possible. George's is good, I've posted Dr Emeka's number on this forum several times, 08032011536. You can talk to him and he will advice you on the way forward. Secondly, I just discovered a new center on Adeola Odeku, it's called true care fertility. One of my friends got Preggy with quads there with just 600k. My Sis Inlaw also visited the place and confirmed they are good so for all of you who want to cut cost and still get results, maybe you can try True Care for IVF and IUI. I haven't been there before o, am only writing based on people's result so also share your experience if you've been there. Baby dusts to all our millennium mamas in the house.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ladyjay: 5:23pm On Sep 30, 2012
Dear sistas, i just joined this forum, i have been reading lots of interesting and helpful posts, it sure makes the whole ttc journey more bearable. I have been on the ttc journey for 2 yrs now and it no joke. But we gats to keep up our faith, we serve a God who doesnt know how to fail. He ' l not learn it in our case. I am exploring other alternatives and will keep you all posted.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 8:32pm On Sep 30, 2012
Hi blendy tanx I know tru care very well,I used to see d gynae der then infact he was the one that diagnosed pcos and suggested IVF,however he left tru care to start his practice,he's told me to come do ivf with him but am not so sure abt dat yet,I already spoke to Dr Emeka of georges and he's sent me a maail that I shld fix an appointment.How are u and ur lil one holding up?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 12:16pm On Oct 01, 2012
Ladyjay welcome on board. we are glad you found most of the posts here useful. you are definitely not alone on this and I sincerely pray you will share your testimony soon as the bfp fever is still going round. by the way, have you seen a gynae? what did they diagnose as the cause of infertility? Its always good you spill it out as you might just find someone who has same issues as you and you will be able to learn one or two things from what they did differently. also spill the cause on the ttc thread if your tubes are still viable for advice from experienced hands.

@Tanidabi, Emeka is good I can assure you as am a living testimony. At least you dont get to pay anything on first visit and followup. you only pay when u're sure you want to start the procedure. All the best Dear. my babies send their love and sticky vibes to all of you. we shall join all of you to celebrate soon.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ladyjay: 1:01pm On Oct 03, 2012
@Blendy Thanks a lot. My issues are analovulatory issues caused by hormonal imbalance coupled with high Fsh. I have tried alternative medicine and western medicine to try to bring the hormones at par, the doctors suggested ivf which am going to do soonest.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Inspired4life: 6:06pm On Oct 04, 2012
I've been following this thread with keen interest and also researching cheaper ivf options. The cost of ivf on the average is 900 - 950k. However, a cheaper IVF option is the Natural cycle IVF. It may be worth discussing this treatment option with your clinician if your periods are fairly regular and you are ovulating normally.

What is natural cycle IVF?

Natural cycle IVF involves collecting and fertilising the one egg that you release during your normal monthly cycle. No fertility drugs are used in this treatment.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 4:30am On Oct 06, 2012
@blendy can't sleep pls can u send me anoda pm on dketubah@gmail.com,I never saw the last one,really would want to talk to u .Gd morning
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 1:07pm On Oct 07, 2012
Just seeing this mail as I havent visited this thread for a while. Hope you're good? I've sent you a reply with my number so you can call if you want us to talk about it. If you don't find the email in your box, do check your spam as the mail might just be hiding there. or send me an email as it will be easier to reply you just incase am not typing your email addr correctly. ruonar2000@yahoo.com

All the best to everyone undergoing ivf this period. congrats in advance cos you will all smile by God's grace.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 07, 2012
I knt really say much my dears... But I have a solution.. My cousin drank somr kinf of root after 3yrs of trying.. It worked for her. U kan try it before resorting to dt.call 08175707800... It works and its affordable.. Am a witness.. Money bk guarantee
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by walmart: 8:50am On Oct 12, 2012
Hello, Please has anyone in the house used Save a Life Medical Mission in Port harcourt for IUI, how good are they?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kike100: 2:14pm On Oct 13, 2012
I have been following this group at the background and I must confess you are amazing people! This shows ow kind our souls are. I av conceived before but removed it cos we were in school but now we are married for 2yrs and nothing tii date. I was diagonised with PCOS- Polysystic Ovarian Syndrome and trust me it's depressing and agonizing especially when you hear it has no cure else managed. I have taken at least 6 rounds of clomid, 2 HCG, progesterone, M2 tone amongst other numerous fertility drugs and permanently on Metformin,including numerous agbo, I am worn out and zapped. Has anyone been diagonised and gotten pregnant even with this syndrome? Which clinic did you go to?
I celebrate all our preggys!!! wink wink
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 8:37pm On Oct 13, 2012
lots of peeps do get pregnant with pcos if every other parameter is ok. like patient tubes and hubby's sfa. was your Dr able to get you to ovulate with the metformin and other fertility drugs you were given? once your pcos is taken care of and you're able to ovulate normally, you should have a higher probability of getting preggy by God's grace. Have you done hormonal assay, sfa and hsg? your Dr should also screen you n hubby for infections if you havent done so already. All the best Dear.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kike100: 9:07pm On Oct 13, 2012
@blendy77,I was able to ovulate but nothing still. I have done hormonal hassay etc. I was using omni hospital but been thinking of changing it, hence the request. Tx blendy77

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 6:13am On Oct 14, 2012
Infertility is one roller coaster ride that is beyond human comprehension especially when everything is ok. Its only God that understands it and gives without any conditions. If you want to try Dr Smith, send me an email so I can forward his address to u.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kike100: 9:32am On Oct 14, 2012
@blendy77,tx a zill....
Anuwale2000@yahoo.com
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2012

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 2:28pm On Oct 15, 2012
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsAma: 7:21pm On Oct 15, 2012
Ladies, i have indeed recived a lot of inspiration from the stories shared on thsi forum. When i decided to opt for medical assistance after 9months of marriage, i had no clue what to do and where to go. I stumbled on this thread during one of my searches on google, and took up the opportunity to pay a visit to Dr. Emeka who after several dicussions advised we opt for an IUI since our challenge was getting my husband to deposit semen in me during sex. My husband currently has a medical situation where he is unable to ejaculate during sex. The cut the long story short, we started medications and had my IUI procedure 17 days ago and Praise be to God! i tested positive at the hospital last saturday and looking forward to carrying my twins. God bless you on this forum and wishing you all baby dust!!!. I recall one of the conversations on this forum where a lady expressed doubt concerning the viability of IUI. Well am a living testimony that it works. i think it all depends on the complexity and peculiarity of the challenges.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 11:03am On Oct 16, 2012
@mrs Ama congratulations to u. thats great. hw is everyone else.?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsM: 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2012
wonyi: Pls I am new in this forum, is their anyone that has tried st ives hospital. pls I need to hear ur experience and what is their success rate?

Wonyi I'm currently using St ives and so far doctor okewale and the staff have been amazing! I had my ET recently and keeping my fingers crossed for a bfp. Pikinmama is very right...please listen to her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.