Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,518 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1284053 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (424) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mrsbrightside(f): 12:11am On Oct 28, 2012
Hello ladies! just stumbled on this thread a few days while researching for a good IVF centre in lagos,the stories I have been reading here are really insipirational. Hearty congrats to all the new moms to-be,Blendy,Pikinmama,Beleiver,Topal etc. I have been married for 2years and been waiting on the lord for another child. DH and I have a georgeous 11years old boy when we were dating, due to some challenges we had in our relationship we went our seperate ways but as faith will have it we reconcille 21/2 years ago and got married. we started TTC straight away but that didn't happen sad. I am 36,DH is 46 we have been to few hospital,we finally decided to look into IVF. I already booked an appointment with Nordica Ikoyi but I have a change of heart after reading a lot of positive talk about Dr Emeka of olive branch from Blendy and some other ladies on this thread. My diagonsis is very high prolatin, every other things are okay and DH is okay. Blendy thanks alot for the info,God alimghty will deliver you safely
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by omogemi: 1:37am On Oct 28, 2012
@waistbead, blendy, all mums, thanx very much. . Blendy may u and other mothers on this forum bring forth safely lyk the Hebrew women IJN. . . Amen.
God provd Himself to me. Frm d tym i took in up till d tym i put to bed, its a miracle. I ll take my tym to tell u all abt my journey very soon. Do u knw i still feel i m in a dream?
Acc 2 d word of God wch says be fruitful and multiply, i strongly believe He has given u ur babies. Whateva u r doing pls do it with faith and leave d rest to God. Did i make mention dt i took in while taking metformin?
Pls whateva drug u r prescribed, take it but u must always ask questions as well as try and observe ur body; either during ur period or not and pls pray, pray, pray.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Adedoyinsola: 6:18pm On Oct 28, 2012
Omogemi congrats o! It is well with u and ur daughter,@ all pls I need ur advise cos am thinking of doing another iui...but d prob I wish I had closure on d reason y d first one didn't work, since nothing is wrong with dh and myself.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mrsbrightside(f): 8:27pm On Oct 28, 2012
Congrats Omogemi! may God bless you and the new baby
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Inspired4life: 2:00am On Oct 29, 2012
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Inspired4life: 2:02am On Oct 29, 2012
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 2:04am On Oct 29, 2012
Mrs Brightside, welcome on board. I sincerely pray you too will share your testimony on this thread very soon. Emeka is good but you know it's God who gives. So add prayer to every procedure you decide to embark on. You can actually give iui a chance if every other parameter is ok just that you need to work at reducing the prolactin since it inhibits ovulation on its own. Congrats on your 11 yr old son, it means you will soon be a G-Mama in no time. : wink.

Doyinsola I think you should talk to your Doc. It's only him that can tell you candidly why there was no implantation in the first attempt since he knows your history. Although they don't come up with any explanations most times especially when all parameters seem ok. With IUI you can't be sure the swimmers actually met with your eggs unlike IVF so you just have to keep trying till you get results. Even IVF is not a guarantee that the embryos will implant. Quite a number of peeps have been sharing good testimonies on IUI so hopefully your testimony will come soon.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsM: 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2012
Hello everyone! Just want to tell you all that God has done it! Got my positive blood test today. It took us more than 4 years and the first IVF try at St ives hospital..God answered our prayers! Help me to thank God! I'm just overwhelmed! Pikinmama where are you ooooo. smiley

7 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kikelomoje: 1:09pm On Oct 29, 2012
Hello all,am new here and would love to welcome your advice.I've been trying for 2yrs now,the issue is low fluid count and low motility.DH has been on medication for a year and there is just a little improvement.Recently,DH came with the idea of IUI and i did say much then because i don't know what my IUI chances will be with 3millions fluid count.Now,I'm thinking may be we should wait for sometime to gather money for IVF instead.BIG congrats to all preggo mummies in the house,may God deliver you safely.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 2:21pm On Oct 29, 2012
so happy for u mrs m, when is ur ultrasound? am sure u must be ecstatic. congrats oh! may d blessings go round.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by udoka2: 2:33pm On Oct 29, 2012
congrats MrsM. Happy nine months!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kikelomoje: 2:56pm On Oct 29, 2012
Waooooooooooooooo,first ivf,God is God of possibility.I'm happy for u MrsM,congrats and happy nine months.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by waistbead: 5:35pm On Oct 29, 2012
Awwwwwwwww!! Congrats MrsM,God that started this Good work will complete it,and keep you and baby in perfect health and at the appointed time,make you deliver like Hebrew Women IJN Amen...

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kikelomoje: 5:52pm On Oct 29, 2012
@ blendy,thanks so much,u've being a source of inspiration on this thread.I will get him Manix,after taking it for a month and go for SA test, then we will know the next step to take.Hope our Twins are kicking well,a lot of kiss to them.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 8:20pm On Oct 29, 2012
@mrsm congrat my sister i wish you a smooth and stress free nine month.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mrsbrightside(f): 12:26am On Oct 30, 2012
@ Blendy, thanks alot dear! Really do appreciate you taking time out replying my post,The lord will surprise you IJN. Guess the twins are kicking you well smiley loads of love and kisses to them. Hearty congrats to MrsM!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 10:58am On Oct 30, 2012
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 30, 2012
Greetings to all d wonderful mamas in dz thread. Althogh i'm new here but have read so many testimonies about ivf n iui. Congrats to everyone, d one that is so fresh in my mind now is mrsM's testimony. God is faithful.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 30, 2012
Double post.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by camrygmail: 1:23am On Oct 31, 2012
Mrs M congratulations o. Praise God for you.

@Mrs brightside wow I thank God for restoration of your relationship after 11 yrs. Concerning the high prolactin a lady on the TTC board who overcame high prolactin with prayers and eating a lot of ewedu. I will find her post and copy it here for you.

@blendy how r the twins?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
@ Pikinmama i hav read some of ur post before now and found them so useful and inspiritional, so 2day i decided to go 2ru all ur posts, my dear sister thanks a lot for all u shared and thanks to Almighty God who has made u an inspiration 2 many women on dz thread, cos u are given out what u have. I pray ur next conception will be twins a boy and a girl in JSN. @ Blendy77 u are also wondaful ur posts have been so encouraging. U wil neva cease to sing songs of joy. @ Topal congrats my sister, ur joy wil last 4ever. @ mrsM can't stop rejoicing with u. @ everybody u are all wonderful people. May God grant all of us our heart desires. No more tears, only congratulation is permitted in our lives.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 4:04pm On Oct 31, 2012

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 6:32pm On Oct 31, 2012
Godiya you have heard from PikinMama's mouth o, all the best with this procedure. We shall all rejoice with you and all our other sisters this year in Jesus name, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 01, 2012
@ Pikinmama thanks so much. In fact d only work now is spending time with God in worship, thanking God in advance, studying my bible and holding unto God's word concerning fruitfulness, taking a walk, drinking enough water, taking fruits and calling people dat i know wil make me laugh & laugh, imgining myself with pregancy and we, dancing to d altar for dedication of d twins, and light house chores which i will soon stop. By God's grace i will share d good news here before d year runs out. @ Blendy i have heard her o!!! thanks and God bless.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bucacious: 5:36pm On Nov 01, 2012
Congrats mrsm. Wishing u a successful nine month.c
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 4:31pm On Nov 03, 2012
@ mrm
congrats.the 11th hour miracle that located you will locate every ttc mom, unusual favor will cm our way.i bless God cause he is being faithful

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 4:33pm On Nov 03, 2012
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 04, 2012
Good day All,
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 3:12pm On Nov 04, 2012
Hello Baba Bosun, I think you should go for the hormonal test to check your levels and there after follow your Drs advice and prescription in order to balance your hormones. Hormonal disorder in infertility cases is about the easiest to treat because they have readily affordable and available drugs for its treatment. The worse that can happen is ivf even when you dont have a single spermatozoa. At least I know there's a technology now in Nigeria called TESE where spermatozoa is gotten from the source to fertilize the female eggs before transfer to uterus. I know a lot of couple who used that procedure and they all have wonderful kids today even here on NL so dont get depressed nor give yourself a death sentence by pronouncing yourself infertile. First thg first. Go for the tests and get treatment.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 3:55pm On Nov 04, 2012
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
@ Baba-Bosun It's well with u, i will like u to be strong and encourage urself. By God's grace u are not infertile, but just do all d neccessary test ur docs have asked u to do while u keep speaking postively to urself and asking God to intervern. If u don't have d money to carry out the tests simply let ur parents know, so they can help, there is nothing shameful about that. And even if at day end of d day the docs said u can't father a child on ur own, it's not still hopeless, u can use assisted method called ivf just as blendy and others told u. But first thing first, run all d test and get d recommended treatments, i pray God help u becos with Him all things are possible.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (424) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.