Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1283705 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (424) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 16, 2012
hi to all you beautiful ladies on here. I've been follown this thread 4 a few months now and the stories I've been reading here are beyond inspirational. Mighty congrats to all the Lord has blessd-blendy,believer,pikinmama, etc.What can I say but pray God continues to bless each and evry one of us according to our hearts' desires. I've been married 2yrs now and been waitn very expectantly on God for children. Hubby and I are the couple who wanted to start having kids right away, but that didn't happen,sadly sad. i'm 29, DH is 37 and we've been to quite a number of hospitals(consider dat it's only bn 2yrs). Finally got to Nordica,Ikoyi and b4 we knew it, were on enroute our 1st IVF procedure. did the long protocol(started early Aug. 2012) and long story short, it didn't work out. I know 4 a sure fact that it was God who brought me(and DH) out of the d darkness of devastation, sorrow and disappointment that enveloped us when we learnt it was a BFN. It had to be God himself who provided d strength to pull thru and that's further proof that He does have a plan for us, each and every one of us. I read all these stories of BFP's on this thread n even on the oda ttc thread on this forum and they practically make my day. lest I 4get,our diagnosis was high prolactin level for me,every oda tin checks out. For hubby, it's sperm motility bordern on the low side(40%) and slow movement of sperms(or somtin lyk dat)accordn to the last sfa he did. At this point,while still trusting God fully, I just honestly need advice from you ladies on how best to proceed. I don't know the next step to take as the doctors summarily put this infertility we r experiencing down to 'Unexplained'.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 9:06pm On Oct 16, 2012
Damsell, it is well. I feel your pain cos av gone through this route before and I can remember crying my eyes out when my first ivf turned negative and DH was just staring at me not knowing how to console me. It is well my sister. My prayer for every waiting mother is that God will visit them sooner than expected cos I really don't want to celebrate alone. It will do me no good to visit this thread this time next year n the same women are still waiting so God must answer all of us together so we all look back at 2012 and smile. My sisters, it will happen for all of you soon.
Since its unexplained apart from the high prolactin, have they tried treating the prolactin with drugs like parlodel? Also do you ovulate regularly with the high prolactin? Cos high prolactin inhibits ovulation but can't tell if its responsible for the failed procedure if u got high quality embies. Maybe you might need to try naturally as well while deciding on the way forward.

MrsAma thanks a bunch for the response. Pls I want to encourage all those whose tubes are stiill patent to give IUI a thought since more and more peeps are getting results through this less invasive and economic method. Let's chase infertility away this year. Baby dust to all our millenium momas in God's waiting room.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 17, 2012
@Blendy77,tanx for the encouraging words, very much apprctd. yes, ive been treated with parlodel b4,i took it for like two cycles but I do ovulate normally even when not on parlodel.i keep buying these ovulation kits and they do show the two lines dat say i'm ovulating. I've also had clomid for like 4cycles and I responded very well, had lots of mature eggs yet...we've also being on Fertility blend(supplements) for like 3months(both dh and I). This was all before the ivf. Right now, i'm not on anything,feel like i've tried evrytin and don't know what else to use.The only thing I know now is the unchangeable fact that in His time, He makes everything beautiful! I greet everyone here, it is WELL.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Tgr8t4all(m): 2:14pm On Oct 17, 2012
Doc & well learned people, my friend share his boding wit me yesterday, he told me dat His male organ is smaller to his age. He told me dis cos he alway ve misundastadin wit his girl, wen eva I ask him wat dey are all abt he wil said ntin. Nt until d girl, to him if he did nt do sometin abt it,she wil live him & expose evry tin to al his frds. so d guy said b4 she live or begging to expose him dat he shud share it wit me if @all I can help. Pls if dere any drugs he can take or any precaution he shud take? Pls your pieces of advice can make him good. Thanks anticipation
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2012
@tgr84all, dnt mean to be rude but this is not d right place to post such.as d topic implies. or r dey trying for a baby?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 5:26pm On Oct 17, 2012
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Adedoyinsola: 3:12pm On Oct 19, 2012
Hi all I read dis thread frm page one to d last!!! All I can say is dat d lord ll visit us all soon, ve been ttc for over three yrs now, we ve done all d test in d book all turned out normal and I did iui at St ives dis year around julyits didn't work... Am not giving up though.I belive my time ll come
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 3:46pm On Oct 19, 2012
@mrs m, hw r u doing? i see ur viewing the thread. hope u r resting up.@adedoyinsola, u r welcome dear, god will grant our heart desires. babydust!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 5:37pm On Oct 19, 2012
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by OloriL(f): 5:29am On Oct 20, 2012
smiley
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by omonikiba(f): 9:56am On Oct 20, 2012
Hello all, am new here and would love to have some clarity. I am considering IUI, why? Sperm.ies comes out after BD, and DH count is less than 1million, though he is on medications now, the issue I have here is that he doesn't use his medications religiously and I had to remind, atimes he uses and atimes he frown at me for reminding him, so am thinking I should go for IUI if we are able to manage and increase it to like 10million count.

What would you advise? Am really getting worried and I don't want it to go too far or having to think of it.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2012
Doyin welcome on board. I also pray God will grant u that which u so desire.

Olori, I think you should google Nigerian Ivf centers on the net to check online if any of them is into PGD. You can also call them to confirm as most of them readily display their contact numbers online. I heard medical art in Ikeja does it but not too sure.

Omonikiba, if fluid issues is involved then ur major bet is ivf/icsi where they can be sure the egg is actually fertilized before transfering back to u. But then, you might just be lucky with IUI as there is nothing God cannot do. Don't be worried as worrying has never solved any infertility issues. I've always advised people to try ManiX cos it worked for me. Begging Hubby to take his drugs is normal so keep encouraging and petting him. That is why we are called WOMEN. When the baby arrives you will still be petting both him and the baby even in your condition. So don't get tired now cos it doesn't end with TTC

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by omonikiba(f): 4:06pm On Oct 20, 2012
Thanks you Blendy, hope you fine and your LO? I always appreciate you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by walmart: 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2012
omonikiba: Hello all, am new here and would love to have some clarity. I am considering IUI, why? Sperm.ies comes out after BD, and DH count is less than 1million, though he is on medications now, the issue I have here is that he doesn't use his medications religiously and I had to remind, atimes he uses and atimes he frown at me for reminding him, so am thinking I should go for IUI if we are able to manage and increase it to like 10million count.

What would you advise? Am really getting worried and I don't want it to go too far or having to think of it.

Hello omonikiba, your story is like mine. DH count is 5million. We are also considering IUI. Please what drugs is he using? We want to try FertilAid and count boost to improve it. I am new in this forum and was encouraged to hear someone had a successful IUI.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by OloriL(f): 4:00am On Oct 21, 2012

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bucacious: 12:00pm On Oct 22, 2012
Hi,
To all those trying iui, I read sometimes that it only works wen thers no male issues. The sperm must av good count,motility and morphology for iui to work.also wen I met with my new doc, don't know if I should mention his hospital, he told me outrightly that iui with male factors is a waste of money. Though u can still give it a try sha. Nothin is imposible
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by omonikiba(f): 12:52pm On Oct 22, 2012
@Walmart, it is well oo, sorry I read in one of your post that you already have a baby naturally, did you get preggy of that baby with 5million fluid count?

I would advise you let him go on veggies and fruits before thinking of IUI, he should as well stop sugar intake, hubby is taking manix, vitamine E, C and once in a while folic acid. We would try and go for another test in two weeks to see how far. Beans too I read its ok, ugwu, reduce maggi and salt.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by walmart: 2:12pm On Oct 22, 2012
omonikiba: @Walmart, it is well oo, sorry I read in one of your post that you already have a baby naturally, did you get preggy of that baby with 5million fluid count?

I would advise you let him go on veggies and fruits before thinking of IUI, he should as well stop sugar intake, hubby is taking manix, vitamine E, C and once in a while folic acid. We would try and go for another test in two weeks to see how far. Beans too I read its ok, ugwu, reduce maggi and salt.

@omonikiba,yes oh it is well.Thanks for the advise. Hmmm. We got married three yrs ago and I got pregnant immediately, infact the next month. We were trying to conceive a few months after baby was born but nothing. I did hormone profile, scan, everything came out ok. We kept trying untill our GYN said my DH should come for SA 2 months ago. That was when we discovered the low count. So we cannot say what the numbers were before now. He has been on Vit E, it has not really helped. We want to try the FertilAid for Men for one month, then go for another test. Our GYN suggested ivf up front but I felt we should start with IUI.

@Bucacious.Hmmm. I think some Nigerian doctors are pessimistic when it comes to IUI. I went to a fertility clinic and the doctor told me he only does ivf and does not do IUI because it is not different from what couples do at their home (intercourse). Well I had done a bit of research on IUI and I had to explain to him that it is not the same from what I have read. In IUI the sperm that is used is pre-washed and only the ones with good motility, etc is used. And it is inseminated right through the cervix into the womb so it does not have to swim too far. Which is different from intercourse. I have read in other forums that IUI can work even with low count. Like you said nothing is impossible. <http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/intrauterine-insemination-iui/2020210727-very-low-sperm-count-iui.html>.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by omonikiba(f): 3:01pm On Oct 22, 2012
@walmart, pls be patience with your hubby since you have one for now, let him take the fertilaid, stop drinking, smoking, take cucumbers and other fruits, should also stop taking any canned food, prepare his meals to take to work so that he won't be tempted to take anything that will be hinder his medications. Instead of canned drinks rather make fruit juice for him, this what am doing now, ghive him more of beans, in form of moi moi, beans, cucumber I read is very good, boiled eggs, let's try this for the next one month and let's come back to post our result and see how it will improve.

As regard IUI bucacious, I support walmart post on it, I have gheard about washed fluid, they will seperate the slow and dead fluid from the active one and perform all other medical thing sha before insemination. I have made some findings, the only thing I found out is that fluid count must be up to 10million atleast.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by walmart: 8:47pm On Oct 22, 2012
Thanks Omonikiba. Will post the result
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by NEGOZI: 8:13am On Oct 25, 2012
@ BLENDDY77 HOPE YOUR KIDS ARE KICKING FINE AND OTHERS WHO HAVE SUCCEEDED HOPE YOU GUYS ARE REALLY ENJOYING THE UPS AND DOWN SICKNESS LOL .Anyway is one of those sacrifice you may need to make to become real mum. i dey wish una dooooooooooooooooo , ndooooooooooooooo or pele. For me am still battling in- between .I have done all tests including hubby all came out good except the same fibroid am battling with whether to undergo surgery or not but yesterday it has come to my notice after trans vaginal radiography that the fibroid increased by 2mm and blocked the entrance of the uterus so if operation is not carried nothing can happen even ivf cannot be done since it has to pass through the entrance. This is the third hospital i have gone all said the same thing but am really scared though i have no other choice than to go and do it since the doctors has confirmed that after the surgery i can conceive even without IVf . When i read about negative things of people who have done that in Nigeria and after continue bleeding could not take in i ask myself why me.But ladies i cant go back i have to summon courage and do it believing God all things work together for good.

Meanwhile, there was an advert here on nairaland especially on medicine on fibroid name CLEANSHIELD.i was able to get their contact in lagos called them they gave me a whole 100% assurance that the medicine will melt the fibroid . i sent someone to get 10bottles@N3000 each and sent it(N22,900) to me via airline to Europe behold after taking it all i saw was my skin full of rashes like chicken pox which last about 3months to stop. i have to go to hospital and done analysis before they could give me antibodies drugs. Please after spending such amount i plead all ladies should be very careful and avoid self prescription and all these quick short way to deliverance. ABOVE ALL I NEED YOUR PRAYERS .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bucacious: 8:08pm On Oct 25, 2012
:@ Negozi, kpele, I can imagine what u are going thru. Don't want to sound religious but pls tell it to Him! God can direct u on what to do! That a lot of pple had complications after fibroid treatment doesn't mean d same thing will be applicable to u! And who says it can't even pass out of ur body afterall there are such testimonies!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by olikili: 6:29am On Oct 26, 2012
@ walmart let him take fertilaid for men it works our problem was low fluid and motility and our doc recommended it for DH and he took it for about 3 months by the time we were doing the ivf proper the doc told us that the fluid had improved so much that we could had done iui instead so give fertilaid a try
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 7:51am On Oct 26, 2012
Negozi, really dont know what to say. This is such a terrible experience. When I noticed your post was hidden yesterday, I kept wondering what's in the content to warrant your being banned.
My sister, kpele. We had an arguement over this cleanshield stuff on another thread where a pregnant women was being cajoled into taking it to remove her fibroid and keep her unborn baby safe. When I criticized the drug abi herbs, was told by the marketer that the drug is US or Uk approved with gurantee and the lady went ahead to place her order. Dont know how many of us saw that post.
My Dear, am glad you pulled thru with the rashes. You didnt say if the fibroid actually left or got reduced in size but all the same, thank God for your life. As bucacious suggested pls take it to God in prayers and while listening to wise counsel from your Drs especially after 3 different Drs told you the same thing.
What we go thru as women just to bring a child into this world, only God knows and understands and I pray He sees all of us through this ordeal. Baby dusts to all of us still in God's waiting room.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by NEGOZI: 10:16am On Oct 26, 2012
@BLENDDY THANKS FOR ALL ,

THE CLEAN-SHIELD DID NOT REDUCE ANYTHING INSTEAD IT HAD AN INCREMENT OF 2MM . I HAVE NO CHOICE THAN TO GO FOR THE SURGERY B4 THE IVF. THE BIBLE SAY THERE SHALL NEVER BE A BARREN WOMAN IN THE ISRAEL SO WHY WONT I HAVE MY OWN CHILD AND EXPERIENCE LIKE OTHERS? I AM OUT FOR IT AND I MUST SUCCEED TO PROCLAIM THE FAVOR OF GOD IN MY LIFE AND FAMILY.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by walmart: 4:15pm On Oct 26, 2012
olikili: @ walmart let him take fertilaid for men it works our problem was low fluid and motility and our doc recommended it for DH and he took it for about 3 months by the time we were doing the ivf proper the doc told us that the fluid had improved so much that we could had done iui instead so give fertilaid a try
@olikili. Thanks, we are giving it a try. Congratulations on your babies.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 7:00pm On Oct 26, 2012
Hello all d mamas in d house,sorry I can't keep a tab on evryone's name but OloriL PGD is not available in Naija,I did dat research yrs ago,Dr Ashiru of MART said he does it but they will need to freeze ur embryo first nd send cells from d embryo to d states.Your best bet for PGD is in the UK and US I know PGD alone in d UK is abt £3800 to £4200 depending on which part of towm u are,but weigh all ur options,if I may ask y do u want a PGD? @ blendy I finally saw Dr Emeka o ,we'll run some tests in my nxt cycle nd dat will depend on d course of treatment,Dr Emeka told me am still young I laughed o @ 33?,I met a woman who has been trying for 20yrs y'day,she had so much positive energy ard her I had to ask her how she's been coping with her inlaws she simply said her hubby is her focus not her inlaws.I suspect I mite be doing IUI first cos my tubes are good and hubby's SA is solid,anyone with success stories of IUI?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 10:18pm On Oct 26, 2012
20yrs of ttc? na wa o! God thank you for changing my story and so many women on NL. My Sister 20yrs is not moimoi o. I waited for 6yrs within which I felt so lonely and forsaken and even gave adoption a try. I ernestly pray God will meet that Lady at the point of her need.
Back to you Tanidabi, if your tubes are still intact as you said, you shod give iui a trial cos its less invasive and very economical. Moreover, quite a number of peeps have been sharing their testimonies of iui so give it a trial B4 burning 1m on ivf. Heard Emeka does it for 200k or less.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by omogemi: 3:47pm On Oct 27, 2012
Hi mums. . ,i knw i should have been here earlier than now to tell my good news. . . I put to bed a baby girl last wednesday. Praise d Lord for me o . . . I knw the Lord has startd a new thing for me and everyone of u. Just believe and it will be so for u all. To all women out there, there isnt any barren coz God creatd us women fruitful and we are all wonderfuly made. Pls dnt lose hope no matter d report. . . God has done it for us all. He did it for me, He's already done it for u all. . Frm my daughter and i we say baby dust to all.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by waistbead: 8:37pm On Oct 27, 2012
Awwwwwwwww!! Omogemi congrats dear,God bless you and your daugther real good....
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 9:02pm On Oct 27, 2012
Omogemi congrats!!!!!! I can still remember vividly when you wanted our advise on where to do IVF and how you got pregnant naturallly eventually. We thank God for safe delivery. Congrats Girl, my love and kisses to DD. God bless her real good and I pray this sort of blessing will go round for all those who desire it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (424) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: Dijaaa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.