Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,944 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1277285 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsM: 10:05am On Sep 20, 2012
Thank you so much for your reply pikinmama! My mind just relaxed as i saw your post because i must admit that i had my doubts! You're right. I always go to the doctor with loads of jotted down questions and he always answers them! You dont know what this post has done for me....all i can say is thank you! I know its God that gives children...but it'll be helpful to have a doctor who knows what hes doing! Thank you so much. Now i really feel like asking you a million questions! But i just found your eversmile posts and i plan to read every word! Thank you so so much.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2012

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bucacious: 5:22pm On Sep 20, 2012
God blesss u real gud pikinmama.u don't knw how relieved I am reading ur post. Kudos to all those dat av gotten positive results. I am startin my ivf procedure nxt month at st ives. Av met their med director severally and I can attest to the fact dat he his such a nice man.It is well
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by okz8(f): 2:34pm On Sep 21, 2012
believer84: Hi ladies,
Don't even knw how to start or express my gratituide to God 4 dese wondaful miracle and priviledge.
Had my ist IUI end of last month.Was so scared of the long wait(2ww) and finally summoned enuf courage 2 test on sunday exactly 14 days afta,and it was positive.Son shocked that I kept on testing everyday up until wednesday also did a blood test.Same
thing.
I just still in shock.Will be going for a scan nxt week to check that all's well.Doc says the chances of multiple is high,since I produced quite a number of follicles. Funny thing is,I feel so normal save for cramps and sore nipples

God is def still in d bizness of miracles.Pls dnt give up
please can u share with us the procedure your doctor used. I did my first IUI last month but unfortunately I didn't get a positive result. I just did the second one two days ago and I pray it will work this time around. I don't know whether total bed rest have any effect on the success rate. What did u do before and after the procedure. My doctor said I should continue with my daily activities that it doesn't have any effect on it. I need all the advise I can get in other to get a positive result this time.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 21, 2012
Hi OKZ8 i was stimulated with clomid at first but didn't respond 2 well so d doc added some injections(can't rem d name nw) and I responded in a jiffy.I had back to back insemination that's 2wice.day one of iui and 18 hours later,nothing more. I was/currently insertin cyclogest suppositories twice daily.
I only rested on the second day of the IUI therefater I just continued my daily activities.Work/School.
I will be honest with you my sister,I did nothing special or extra.I prayed yet had doubts in mind but God pleasantly surprised me.
B4 d bfp, felt occasional cramps in my ovaries and vagina then saw the implantation bleeding on day 12. At first,I thought twas my period,but I was reassured it wasn't after it stopped.Very light,lasted 5mins.
At the end of the day,we try our best and leave the rest to God.Try developing positive thoughts and consistent prayers.
Have u done HSG, transvaginal scan et al?

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by olikili: 11:47am On Sep 22, 2012
Hi all its been a while i posted on this thread and i've seen that alot has happened @psalm23 i so sorry for what happened but i still believe that God will bless u with ur own bundle of joy. i want u to know that all u've been through is not in vain for God also used u to help others. it was ur story that pushed me to try ivf and am sure that there are others like me. for those who are starting the the process the best advise for u is to trust God that he has done it yes its good to rest in my case immediately after my transfer my hubby took me to my mum's and for 2 weeks she didn't let me lift a finger but i believe above all this i believe it's the faith i built up in me that that made it possible and to God be the glory we are expecting 3 so keep the faith keep trusting. baby dust and sticky buns to all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by olikili: 11:58am On Sep 22, 2012
Hi all its been a while i posted on this thread and i've seen that alot has happened @psalm23 i so sorry for what happened but i still believe that God will bless u with ur own bundle of joy. i want u to know that all u've been through is not in vain for God also used u to help others. it was ur story that pushed me to try ivf and am sure that there are others like me. for those who are starting the the process the best advise for u is to trust God that he has done it yes its good to rest in my case immediately after my transfer my hubby took me to my mum's and for 2 weeks she didn't let me lift a finger but i believe above all this i believe it's the faith i built up in me that that made it possible and to God be the glory we are expecting 3 so keep the faith keep trusting. baby dust and sticky buns to all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 3:11pm On Sep 22, 2012
Congrats Olikili, triplets? God is truely awesome. Am happy for u! I pray this sort of blessing will go round to all who desire it IJN. Congrats Girl and baby dusts to all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 7:02am On Sep 23, 2012
@okili congrats my sister infact God is wonderful triplet am realy so happy for u and I wish u a smooth and stress free nine month.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 7:08am On Sep 23, 2012
@okili congrats my sister infact God is wonderful triplet! Am so happy for u o.I wish u a smooth and stress free nine month.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 7:19am On Sep 23, 2012
How are all our preggy moms doing today,sure everyone is doing fine,I wish u all a smooth and safe delivery.I pray we join you soon.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 23, 2012
Wow,Okili, a big big congrats may God grant u a smooth pregnancy.
So I went in 4 ma ist scan on sat and 2 d glory of God saw the sac,feotus/heartbeat and we cudnt have been happier.
I'm so grateful 2 God 4 giving me such a wondeful miracle and tesimony.I'm also most grateful for a 'symptomless' pregnancy so far and trust it is permanent.I pray my story inspires someone out there about the fact that God isn't asleep and is still in the business of answering prayers.
My sincere prayer and desire is that God answers our prayers and give us reasons to be thankfull!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bucacious: 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2012
Waoh! Olikili,congrats.this is soo inspiring! The Lord dat has started dis great work in u will see u thru the 9months without complications IJN.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by okz8(f): 9:16pm On Sep 23, 2012
believer84: Hi OKZ8 i was stimulated with clomid at first but didn't respond 2 well so d doc added some injections(can't rem d name nw) and I responded in a jiffy.I had back to back insemination that's 2wice.day one of iui and 18 hours later,nothing more. I was/currently insertin cyclogest suppositories twice daily.
I only rested on the second day of the IUI therefater I just continued my daily activities.Work/School.
I will be honest with you my sister,I did nothing special or extra.I prayed yet had doubts in mind but God pleasantly surprised me.
B4 d bfp, felt occasional cramps in my ovaries and vagina then saw the implantation bleeding on day 12. At first,I thought twas my period,but I was reassured it wasn't after it stopped.Very light,lasted 5mins.
At the end of the day,we try our best and leave the rest to God.Try developing positive thoughts and consistent prayers.
Have u done HSG, transviginal scan et al?
Thank u my sister. I did transviginal scan followed by HSG before my first IUI. The doctor said maybe it did not work because I was still bleeding due to the HSG on the day of my insemination. I did another transviginal scan on the day 10 of my cycle and the 3 largest follicles measured 20mm, 18mm and 15mm. I was then given HCG injection and did the insemination after 27hrs. I pray it work out for me this time around. Please what do u mean by back to back insemination?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 24, 2012
@okz8 back 2 back insemination means double insemination of sperm hours or a day apart just to be double sure that ovulation is well timed and well utilized.it increases the chances of the.sperm meeting the egg and the likelihood of pregnancy occuring.
Remain positve and remember that with God all things are possible!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by okz8(f): 9:18am On Sep 24, 2012
It's okay thanks. He did only one insemination and asked me to meet with my husband the second day in other to cover the cycle. This 2 weeks seems like eternity to me, I can't just keep my mind off it. My office wears are somehow tight on the waist, please do u know whether it's bad for me. Though I feel comfortable in them but i don't know whether I need to make my waist line free.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 12:24pm On Sep 24, 2012
@okz8 am sure all will be well. just relax. wishing u all the best.@ blendy, have u alws had a blast transfer or day 3?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 12:25pm On Sep 24, 2012
@okz8 am sure all will be well. just relax. wishing u all the best.@ blendy, have u alws had a blast transfer or day 3?hw r u cming along? hello evry one, babydust!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2012
I have always had a day 2 transfer not even day 3 because most of our ivf clinics here in Naija do not have the blast machine/incubator except Bridge. So had only blast transfered when I had my ivf done in Bridge early this year. But even with the blast I still didnt get pregnant so my Dear, its God that gives. How how you doing? Have you started your procedure yet? I wish you all the best, success is your portion IJN amen.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 8:37am On Sep 25, 2012
@blendy, thank you so much. i had a day 3 the last time. will be starting by nxt mnth hopefully when af arrives. thanks for the luck, though am a little apprehensive but i guess its just nerves and its quite normal.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 9:14am On Sep 25, 2012
Relax and hand everything over to God. Don't see it as a do or die affair. Just do your best and leave the rest to God. Am sure they did a day 3 transfer for you because you don't have enough embryos and they didnt want to risk incubating them for 5 days for fear of risking all hence the day 3 transfer with Bridge. I don't know if you have polycystic ovaries, if yes, discuss adding metformin to your protocol with your Dr. Infact Send me an email lets talk. Can't write out all the expos here cos it will be seen as drug prescription. Success my Dear.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by NEGOZI: 10:51am On Sep 25, 2012
CONGTRATS TO ALL WHO WENT THROUGH THE RIGOROUS WAY TO ACHEIVED THIS. MAY THE LORD CONTINUE TO HELP US AND SUPPORT US IN ALL OUR ENDEVOUR AMEN. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HIGHLIGHT US ON ALL THE PROCESSES TO UNDERGONE BEFORE TRANFERING EGGS. IS IT UP TO 1YR ACCORDING TO MY DOCTOR? I HAVE DONE THE FIRST TEST INCLUDING HIV WILL BE DOING TRANSVARGINAL RADIOGRAPHY ON 19 OF OCT WHILE HUBBY WILL DO HIS SPERM FLUID EXAM COME 27 THIS MONTH. SO FAR SO GOOD THE ONES WE HAVE DONE IS ALL OK. I JUST PRAY THAT ALL WILL GO WELL SO THAT I WONT BE EXPECTING TOO LONG BEFORE TRANSFERING.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2012
Different clinics have different proceduce. I wonder why yours is taking so long cos all the processes you mentioned can be achieved in one day except hormonal tests like fsh and ovarian reserve test (cant remember the name now) which works with AF. Your hubby's fluid can also be tested while you are doing yours so I honestly wonder why the long protocol of testing all these things on different days. Your Doc is probably taking his time.
Anyway, the next thing that should follow the test is the busserelin injection which is taken 21days after your last AF, there after you will proceed to the fsh injections after your AF arrives for about 10-12 days, depending on your response rate, collection is done after the lead follicle has reached 20-22mm, fertilization with your hubby's fluid, cultured for 2-5days then transfer.
I hope this helps cos everything I just said here has been mentioned on this forum before so maybe you should read through again to also learn from other people's procedure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 2:36pm On Sep 25, 2012
@blendy, thank u so much. dnt knw y d messages i sent to u is bouncing back. in my previous cycle i actually had many embryos but their branch in d north dint have d blast incubator neither did dey ve cypropreservation. i had 24eggs retrieved and 18mature. i hyperstimulated though i dint use metformin dat cycle.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by NEGOZI: 4:21pm On Sep 25, 2012
@BLENDY77,
Thanks for your explaination, like i said before i had done series of tests in different hospitals before arriving in conclusion of fertility . This came as a result of fibroid in my uterus and2 gynacologist advised us to undergone surgering which i may not be likely pregnant if done while the third told us to go for ivf since i have 80% possibility of getting pregnant that is why we concluded of getting ivf done so that during delivery the fibroid can be removed as well. Meanwhile the hospital is a govermnet hospital were you have to book for appoitment before anything and we were told that there so many awaiting patients before us. I just believe God that all things be equal come 2013 i will sing a new song . Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by champs: 5:43pm On Sep 25, 2012
@Blendy77, How was your 20weeks scan,i hope it went well. Do you mind if you share the sex of your babies?
@Believer84, I am glad your ultrasound scan went well,i am sending you loads of sticky vibes.
@All that is still in God's waiting room,he will surely answer your prayers soon.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 7:46pm On Sep 25, 2012
Champs, you caught me red handed, been avoiding that se.x part seriously. It didn't work out as prayed but I thank God sincerely for giving what I saw on scan. I don't want to be ungrateful but I'll be if I complain after waiting for 6yrs. So don't worry, january is around the corner, will announce the sex when they pop out (Lol). The sad thing is that I bought 2boxes full of clothes of the sex I believed God will give me but He has shown me yesterday that He is still in CHARGE so my sisters, I can't complain but rather thanK Him for dashing me what I saw. I only have to do my shopping all over again, buying thgs online today since I can't travel this year again but who am I to complain after 6 IVF and 6yrs of marriage and am almost crossing my mid thirties. Abeg make Una help thank BABA GOD!

OviaSouth, I can understand why they did day 3 transfer for u, its probably a small center unlike their Lag center. But they should have found a way of preserving it for u instead of making you go through the stress of stimming again. I ernestly pray this one works out for u o. Pls add pregnacare conception and the metformin I told u about. They don't give in Bridge but your Doc might agree if u discuss it with him. It improves egg quality and reduces OHss to a large extend. There's also this multivitamin they gave my hubby in Georges, selenium (not sure of the spelling) to also improve fluid quality then finally doxycycline for both of us befor the procedure. Bridge doesn't give all that cos they don't believe in it that is why u need to discuss wt ur Doc.

Negozi, I understand clearly why the different days. I wish both of you and MrsM a successful procedure. Pls Negozi can you share the name of the govt hospital and their price just to encourage those considering ivf but can't afford these expensive private clinics.
Baby dusts and God's blessing to all of you. I sincerely pray all of you will conceive before this year run out so all our babies will arrive in 2013 and we will all look back at 2012 and smile that yes, God did it.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 25, 2012
Na wa MOD what offence av I commited that u're banning me? All the multivitamins I mentioned, I said she should discuss with her Dr so why are you banning me na? Ok, pls edit my post and remove the drug if that is my offence o! Lol, no vex.

You guys should help me beg Oga or Madam Mod to unban Blendy77 for drug naming offences. Lol!!!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Topal: 8:25pm On Sep 25, 2012
@believer....our God is truly great!
I am so happy for u(really,am doing the happy dance!!).......God will keep u and the babies.its a wonderful feeling and I pray everyone here will experience it

@olikili.......ur own is triple happy dance o,singing agidigba God(even though am Yoruba),am soooooo happy for u.

I have been silent cos have been in and out of hospitals .....the devil tried to rear its ugly head but our God is sure,started to have fever,was admitted,then it moved to diarrhea and just as we were discharged and I had barely stayed 72hrs home,started spotting.hian!!
Imagine the scare,was taken to one silly hospital where I rejected to be admitted cos they didn't have light in their private rooms and the nurse had the audacity to tell me to use thetv light or she would bing a rechargeable lamp shocked
I was furious cos the idiot wanted to put me on drip o(would have love to write their name now but I dnt want this my long letter to be hidden)when I post this,I'll do another post with just their name.i went back home,rolled on the floor and prayed with annoiting oil,went to another hospital the next morning and was admitted for 4days.IT IS WELL

Most importantly,we are fine ,hubby is home now(he wasn't around during all that).have a lot of rules to follow but I know it is well.we shall not cast our young ones before its time.

To everyone just stimming,believe it will be fine,first time miracles do happen like it did for me but if it wasn't the case,I wouldn't have stopped trying to have MY BABY.you feel good when you show love to a child,but am sure it will feel better when it's ur child.the way I felt when I saw that scan and saw my baby fine and playing after the scare of spotting,nothing can replace that feeling for me.so yes,adoption is good but never lose hope that you can have your own,never agree that u aren't meant to have children(otherwise you would have been the man!)

Believe what you want is possible for you,believe God can do it through whatever treatment you are using and if you want to,adopt a beautiful child and show her love not because you can't have yours but because you want to
Greetings to everyone in the house,blendy(mama ejima alias my in law,)omogemi,Abiby,champs,bacacious,Oviasouth and all too many to mention.love u all

Baby dust to you all
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Topal: 8:34pm On Sep 25, 2012
Name of hospital that wanted me to stay in a room with no light and use tv light to see and use the bathroom or rechargeable lamp is st. Catherine's ph.
They took me to another room in the pediatrics ward that had light but the bathroom was a mess and the curtains looked that those of a burial parlour,plus the noise from the children and Mosquitos were too much for me to handle.

Some of my friends have nothing but praise for them but this is my personal experience with them and I wrote that in my file when then asked me to write that I insisted on being discharged against medical advice.

I do hope their management sees this and investigates and do something about it,cause I hear a lot of their doctors are good eg dr okoye but I wasn't fortunate to meet him and this is my experience.
WHO CAN BLAME ME FOR RUNNING?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 7:36am On Sep 26, 2012
Thanks for unbanning me, lol.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 26, 2012
@Topal na God go save person o,thank God 4 his mercies which ever sure.Its well with you ijn.@Blendy,just like u said wat matters most is a healthy mother and baby.
@all thanks 4 d well wishes. Without meaning to soundi ungratefull would love to know if its normal 2 have an almost symptomless pregnancy.though I know its pretty early in d day.Kindly respond

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.