Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1285286 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (424) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 28, 2012
hello everyone. congrats dear @olikili on ur delivery! Indeed blessed are u and ur children forever! God be praised. hi my CB @abibby, i'm happy to hear dat ur ER went great, so shall d rest of the process be for u. @oviasouth, how u doing n hope ur cycle is coming on great, baby dust all d way babes. @believer 84,i dey hail o!!! @blendy77, good to knw dat evry is comn along nicely with u, bigness, tiredness, the works...lol. That's the whole point aint it? wishn u all d strength n good health u need all d way. I don't know about who the 7colours character is probably cos it's not been long since I startd postn here but I do know about @believer84 and Regenesis Fertility Clinic. True I did hear about the clinic first on this forum(from @believer's post) but I did my due diligence, checked them up online(they av a site, google got me there)and got the Dr's number from the site. I contacted him, booked an appointment and went with hubby. Of a truth, it is too important that everyone seriously checks up/out every info like dis before committing to any treatment in spite of what anyone here or elsewhere says and that's a piece of advice well given. So according to me o(I'm in my 2ww BTW), there's nothing illegit about Regenesis nor the doc there. Pill for pill, procedure for procedure, I compared evry treatment I received n still receivn from there with my 1st protocol(had it in an ivf centre I mentioned in my very 1st post here) and every other thing I know about ivf treatment from the internet, it all checks out. Add a more personalized approach and the fact that Dr. Norbert is as thorough as he is godly and I was sold. I prayerfully await my bfp from God(can't wait to get all big n tired) smiley, pls all, continue to join me in prayers as I do u.
@slushia, welcome on here and wishn u all d best and God's directions on all d decisions u guys will be needn to take.
Baby dust to everyone here.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by uc2hot: 2:39pm On Nov 28, 2012
Greetings all D̶̲̥̅̊ beautiful pple following this thread.pls after my period frm a failed ivf cycle ​I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ october.its 48 days now n I'm yet τ̅☺ seee the next period.I'm not preg cos DH has not been around since then.aπϑ I ve had regular cycles of 28-32 days prior the ivf.advise pls.I no understand this one oh!!!!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2012
@blendy77 a big AMEN to ur prayer ooooo.thanks so much.

@ladies i av something that is really bothering me oooo,when i started this my ivf cycle the nurse told me i should produce about 14 eggs,with my age,but when i started stimm they told me that i might have more than that,and immedeately reduce my dose when the follicle where too many,and i almost av OHSS and was very sick,and to God be the glory we had 30 eggs retrived yesterday,and they even told me that my DH fluid was very very good quality,but ladies to my surprise when the embryologist phone me today,he said out of our 30 eggs only 12 fertilized and this as been bothering me,am begining to think that most of my eggs are not of good quality.please ladies has anybody ever been in this kind of situation and still get their bfp or what do you think might be the cause of only 12 eggs fertilize out of 30 eggs this means that 18 eggs are not good quality,am so worried now about the quality of the remaining 12 ones as i will be having my transfer on friday.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by camrygmail: 4:30pm On Nov 28, 2012
@abibby.I don't know mu h about the IVF procedure except for what I read on here. But I think one thing pikin mama always says is that u should not allow anything to stress or worry you.during the IVF process . having said that my first response is that u should not worry much. 12 or 30 all that matters now is God should bless u this cycle.

@blendy iya ibeji, saanu o. You are holding on well. when u see their faces it will all be worth it.

@ olikili congratulations on the arrival of the triplets. God bless them and send you help and bless u and dh with all the wisdom and strength you will need to train them.

@palm23 it has been a while please drop and just let us know u are doing well.

@believer congratulations on your triplets. Wetin God no fit do ? May be u will have another surprise at your next appointment smiley .

@blendy I have followed believer from our days on the TTC thread. I am sure she and 7colors are not the same .
BFP announcement should fill this thread buy year end in Jesus name.

@venuss I just wanted to say your wait is over. In Jesus name.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 5:01pm On Nov 28, 2012
abibyy: @blendy77 a big AMEN to ur prayer ooooo.thanks so much.

@ladies i av something that is really bothering me oooo,when i started this my ivf cycle the nurse told me i should produce about 14 eggs,with my age,but when i started stimm they told me that i might have more than that,and immedeately reduce my dose when the follicle where too many,and i almost av OHSS and was very sick,and to God be the glory we had 30 eggs retrived yesterday,and they even told me that my DH fluid was very very good quality,but ladies to my surprise when the embryologist phone me today,he said out of our 30 eggs only 12 fertilized and this as been bothering me,am begining to think that most of my eggs are not of good quality.please ladies has anybody ever been in this kind of situation and still get their bfp or what do you think might be the cause of only 12 eggs fertilize out of 30 eggs this means that 18 eggs are not good quality,am so worried now about the quality of the remaining 12 ones as i will be having my transfer on friday.
It is very natural for all the eggs not to fertilize, if it were to be anytime an egg meets with sp.erm fertilization takes place then human being would have been thickly populated,thats how God made it. Besides, for you to have 12 fertilized embies is a great number by every standard. the highest that will be transfered in some hospitals is 2 A-grade embies out of the 12, the rest can be frozen if they have the equipment. Pls dont worry yourself, thank God that you even have that number, what will you say of ppl who dont produce eggs again or a very small number that may not even last till the transfer? stay positive and receive this gift that God has for you. It is well with you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 28, 2012
@abibby, calm down already dearie, I think ure doin well. Remember it takes just one eh? and u've got 12! somtin similar did happen in my 1st cycle tho, my stimming dosage was reduced cos there were way many follicles developn but come ER, we were informed that they got only 7. Only 4 out of them 7 went on to fertilize but did I let dat bother me, no wayz. I was readn a story on one of these other foreign forums and one woman whose ER was almost cancelled due to very poor response evn to very high doses of stimming drugs.The dr just decided to go ahead n eventually got 3 eggs out of which only one fertilized and it wasn't even of good quality accordn to her. They went ahead and did d ET and to everybody's surprise, she got preggos. So at this time, u shldnt be stress over nothn pls, ur body n mind need to stay relaxed, remember u offerd me dis same advice after my ET last week. Let God do His thing, it's wat He does-the Creator and LifeGiver that He is.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2012
hello all.@damsel, hw r u enjoying ur 2ww. am sure u cant wait. do u intend to poas?? when r u scheduled for ur PT?
@ abibbyy, please dont be bothered. a similar rate of fertilisation was what i had during my first procedure which ended in miscarriage. bear in mind that not all the 30eggs would ve been matured. so only the matured ones were icsi-ed. another the thing is i dont knw if u used icsi or conventional ivf. but in any case. the most important thing is that u ve 12 that ve fertilised normally. grow embies grow. afm,just had my er today. infact am still resting.babydust ladies!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 5:44pm On Nov 28, 2012
@thank u everyone for ur response,may be the depressionn am having is due to reaction from the drugs,i really appreciate everyones comment,and av leave God to take control,again thanks so much.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 5:54pm On Nov 28, 2012
@oviasouth so happy ur er went well today,i beleive u re doing fine,babydust dear.

@we used conventional ivf.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 6:16pm On Nov 28, 2012
@abibbyy,since u used conventional ivf, i must say u ve a good number.coz we had a similar fertilisation rate despite icsi. how many do u intend to transfer?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2012
@oviasouth,we will be having only 2 embies transfered,because we re in europe and we cant hav more than that,since am less than 38 years.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 28, 2012
@damsell,I hail back o.I wish you a BFP in Jesus name,in fact i pray God grants u a miracle that will leave you in awe of his wonders. Thank god you've re-echoed my thoughts about Regenesis at least it has become clearer that i am not 7 colours or a scam.I was not/am not being paid to advertise the clinic but just trying to help someone out there. Prior to your post,I had made up my mind not to mention the name of the hospital any longer for fear of being misconstrued.
@Camrygmail, abeg o i don't want any more surprises abeg, in fact that has already been ruled out as my last scan showed triplets in 3 different sacs so a 4th or 5th child is impossible o. The radiologist checked every corner so my mind is at rest.lol 3 is a handful already and i'm still psyching myself on how best to assume this new responsibility. Hope you're doing fine?

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 10:57pm On Nov 28, 2012
Believer my full apologies for linking you to 7colours. I was really skeptical about 7colours clinic because the few times I called her advertised numbers (while looking for a center to do my 5th ivf b4 going to Bridge) to make enquiries about the hospital, her response sounded like someone who had somethg to hide as she even refused to mention the name of the MD. Afterwards she insulted Psalm23 on one of her donor egg thread and a lot of NLanders scolded her for what she did and we didn't hear from her for a while except one ivf promo stuff at her clinic b4 Believer came on board this thread . I innocently asked her if its same clinic as 7colours clinic and she never posted again on this thread till this triplet miracle came up. On a good day I wouldn't have based my suspicions on assumptions but then other NLanders noticed it and also voiced their fears via emails I received. But all the same, am sorry if I had a bad impression about u. No harm meant. I just don't want anyone to take advantage of all these ladies who are already depressed and saving so hard to fulfill their heart's desire at an extra cost. Don't mind me jare, I just don't know how to keep quiet over injustice. Na so I go find trouble for ttc thread over prayers and no prayers. It is well o, whether this bellie sef follow be reason why I dey fight for everybody sef, even mata wey no concern me. No vex.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kikelomoje: 11:31pm On Nov 28, 2012
@Believer don't be offended o,it's just dat bad person has spoiled good one,besides there is nothing bad in doing research b4 using any clinic very important,i wil check their site for more info.We are still family here,my loves to ur triplet.@Blendy pls take care o,u are almost there.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 28, 2012
@blendy nd kikelomo no hard feelings I do understand its only natural to be a bit sceptical.afterall,its life and money that's involved.
Regards
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mrscolite(f): 1:44am On Nov 29, 2012
Hi everyone,bn following this thread for awhile now. Congrats to olikili and others,May God protect them for you. And to those still TTC,God hasn't forgotten you. My elder sister went through these trials for 12good years..blocKed tubes..operations...weak uterus. Trust me it was difficult for everyone,especially my mum.(Cos my sister sort of said y was our mum alive& if she(my sister) could still have all these troubles) My sister finally settled for surrogacy&it was another battle to get an african surrogate. Bless be the name of the Lord,my nephew arrived july 13,2010 and he has bn a blessing to us all. Am sort of skeptical about saying this but someone might need this info so incase anyone needs help with surrogacy,I know an experienced & registered surrogate that can help.
Ps: it is illegal to charge for surrogacy in the uk,so this might be another option. Baby dust to you all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 10:04am On Nov 29, 2012
Surrogacy is a very good option. Infact I would have embraced it after my 2nd ivf if I had wind of where to get a surrogate in Naija that won't become a pain in the neck later. Secondly, surrogacy is not legalized in Naija and so if either party defaults, it becomes an issue. There's absolutely nothing wrong in surrogacy, its embraced in most western countries and its actually a better option to adoption since its your flesh and blood but you know our Naija mentality. Most women who can afford it will prefer to keep trying IVF and other means for centuries all in the name of wanting everyone to see them with pregnancy bump before bringing a child into this world.
When you talk of experienced and registered surrogate, are you refering to Nigeria or UK? Secondly, would you mind giving us a break down of their price and what it entails for those who might be considering it?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2012

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 6:13pm On Nov 29, 2012
@pikinmama thanks so much 4 d encouraging words.@to my cycle buddies may God crown our effort with success AMEN.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Joyfulmom(f): 9:53am On Nov 30, 2012
@ Pikinmama, u cannot imagine how much u encouraged me with ur post because I have a similar situation. Am currently in my 2ww, had only 3 eggs retrieved(which was a miracle on its own cos abt a year ago,my enemies were diagnosed wit POF/premature menopause @ d age of 34 o) only 2 fertilized & were put back. I deliberately did not ask for d quality of d 2 dat were put back because I don't want any information dat will affect my faith or discourage me o. So am just trusting God dat d 2 will stick & will av a BFP for d 1st time in 7yrs.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by udoka2: 10:46am On Nov 30, 2012
@joyful mom
Your post brought goose pimples on me. Seven is a number of Perfection, God will perfect everything for you. When we think its impossible is when God proves His Mightiness. He will give you pleasant surprises! you shall be a joyful mom indeed!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 11:01am On Nov 30, 2012
congrats joyful mum. i believe we shall all celebrate with the goodies God is packaging ur way. sticky vibes.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 12:17pm On Nov 30, 2012
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2012
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2012
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Joyfulmom(f): 12:56pm On Nov 30, 2012
@ Pikinmama,Udoka & Oviasouth,I say a big AMEN to all d prayers in Jesus name. Thanks so much.

@ Pikinmama, dis is my 1st IVF attempt too. If u see d way I praised God when I got d info dat I had 3 eggs & 2 fertilized, infact u will think dat na d babies don arrive sef. Meanwhile, on d day of my last scan(3 days) b4 retrieval, d doc saw only one follicle o but I was not moved. I just agreed wit DH dat God shld do a quick work before retrieval & He did. God has indeed been faithful.

Abeg share useful tips for dis 2ww o.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by slushia(f): 3:19pm On Nov 30, 2012
@pikinmama...thank u for sharing ur story,its very encouraging.God will surely visit everyone on the waiting list.amen!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2012
@pikinmama I bless God 4 ur life and happy that you shared ur story 4 all 2 listen/be encouraged.I loved d response u gave dat ur neibo cos in d real sense,TTC is a very lonely place 2 be in esp when u dnt have friends who're TTCing as well.Sometimes u feel happy 4 d ones who're courageous enuf 2 inform u of dier pregnancy/childbirth and sad that noting's happning 2 u.I always pray that God blesses us all,that way we can be genuinenly haPpy 4 does rejoicing.God is nevr late or asleep and as such will bless evry single woman with fruits of the womb by his grace.I strongly believe that before december 31,2012,many stories will change 4 d better in Jesus name.
Keep the faith y'all

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Nov 30, 2012
@pikinmama I bless God 4 ur life and happy that you shared ur story 4 all 2 listen/be encouraged.I loved d response u gave dat ur neibo cos in d real sense,TTC is a very lonely place 2 be in esp when u dnt have friends who're TTCing as well.Sometimes u feel happy 4 d ones who're courageous enuf 2 inform u of dier pregnancy/childbirth and sad that noting's happning 2 u.I always pray that God blesses us all,that way we can be genuinenly haPpy 4 those rejoicing.God is nevr late or asleep and as such will bless evry single woman with fruits of the womb by his grace.I strongly believe that before december 31,2012,many stories will change 4 d better in Jesus name.
Keep the faith y'all
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 30, 2012
@ joyful mom,and all in their 2ww i want to say a big congrats to you. I hav got my dancing shoes ready to dance and rejoice with u cos u are having ur BFP.JUst relax and be positive in ur thoughts. @ those stimming dz period how has it being?. Hope no stress. Well it will soon be over. @ all my wonderful sisters (pikinmama,blendy77,mrsM,oviasouth, etc) here, i dey salute o!. God bless.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mrscolite(f): 12:44am On Dec 01, 2012
Blendy77: Surrogacy is a very good option. Infact I would have embraced it after my 2nd ivf if I had wind of where to get a surrogate in Naija that won't become a pain in the neck later. Secondly, surrogacy is not legalized in Naija and so if either party defaults, it becomes an issue. There's absolutely nothing wrong in surrogacy, its embraced in most western countries and its actually a better option to adoption since its your flesh and blood but you know our Naija mentality. Most women who can afford it will prefer to keep trying IVF and other means for centuries all in the name of wanting everyone to see them with pregnancy bump before bringing a child into this world.
When you talk of experienced and registered surrogate, are you refering to Nigeria or UK? Secondly, would you mind giving us a break down of their price and what it entails for those who might be considering it?

I will be brief as possible,nt to derail this wonderful thread. The prices here vary depends on the host surrogate but ranges from 7k to at most 15k which is much better than the states. I think it better to be registered,it is safer that way and easier to meet a confirmed host surrogate,my sister registered with surrogacy UK,to avoid stories that touch.I don't think nigerians are that open minded to surrogacy,ordinary CS sef dem go talk. I can gv more information if contacted privately. Good luck to all. May God grant you healthy&happy babies IJN.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (424) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.