Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,016 members, 7,859,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 04:06 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1292535 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (424) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by olivia3d: 9:55pm On Feb 12, 2013
MrsM: Hello again!,his count was pretty high...but i cant remember the exact number now...but like i said they were all non motile. I didnt take time off work before the procedure but i was on bed rest for two weeks after the transfer. Transfer was two days after egg retrieval. I'm having a single baby ooo....not triplets. Though I wouldnt have minded. smiley If you have any other questions i'll be glad to asnwer!
hallo M, im really happy 4 u! Congrats and Gods blessings!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Faith2013(f): 10:20pm On Feb 12, 2013
kike100:

Sis faith2013, please where are you taking your acupuncture? I have been looking for one in Lagos
At a referred acupunctrist here in Canada. This is my first time doing it to prepare for our third IVF with ICSI. I am also taking Coq 10 with prenatal supplement. I am based in Canada

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by safe06: 8:34am On Feb 13, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]@faith2013,its well,u married ur husband n he's no ill-luck to u,u both shall bear beautiful n blessed kids. Just b hopeful.
Olivia3d,congrats in advance,ur baby Ȋ̝̊̅§ here to stay. Kip d hope alyf.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by cjnone2000yaho: 9:07am On Feb 13, 2013
hi faith2013. hmmmmmmmmmmm. I thank God so much for your love, understanding, faith and patience
That is the spirit dear. no going back, forward ever, backward never until we carry our children soonest.
welcome dear.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by olivia3d: 9:43am On Feb 13, 2013
safe06: [color=#990000][/color]@faith2013,its well,u married ur husband n he's no ill-luck to u,u both shall bear beautiful n blessed kids. Just b hopeful.
Tnx Safe06, i really appreciate d positivity.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 12:10pm On Feb 13, 2013
@inwangobio, i guess ur ER went well and todays ET. wish u sticky bean. for ur support to ur wife ur effort will surely not be in vain. i admire ur sipirit an courage. regards to ur dw and let her show wen she gets her bfp few days frm today.
@abbiby and ovaisouth hope u guys are chilling prety wel.it will soon be over i can feel it. hm with d kind of baby dreams and breastfeeding dreams i get dis days, i know de will come to reality.@ all d new bees welcome ur joy is closer than u know.
@mama ibeji,hope u enjoying every phase of motherhood. GOD is ur strength ooo!
As u all may know, mine is a worse case scenario of ttc(no ovaries functioning , no montly AF) no be small problem. but i knw God's miracle is on d way. have a nice day.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 3:39pm On Feb 13, 2013
@inwangobio, wishing u nd ur wife success. congratulations on ur transfer and am sure u will share ur testimony with us soonest.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 4:00pm On Feb 13, 2013
@All, thanks for all the encouraging words/ prayers, i know our God is faithful to answer all the prayers. @Venuss pls i want you to keep faith alive, our God specializes in doing the impossible. you will still carry ur babies no matter the odds. Yea the transfer was done this morning, 4 embies i.e 2-A grade n 2-Bs were gotten, very much against my doctor's wish (maybe based on the recent happenings that few cases that 2embies were tranfered but they resulted into 4) i asked him to tranfer 3 and he did, am so happy because i am trusting God to get my 2boys n a girl from this procedure. @ Oviasouth, thanks for ur prayers and concern, pls my regards to ur DH, God will soon put smiles on our faces. We are to go for our tests on the 27th n i can't wait to share the testimony of BFP with you my beloved sisters in this forum. This thread is more of a feminine one but i dont mind sharing in your burden, besides GenBuhari in TTC thread has been an encouragement to me ( reading his posts in that thread has been an encouragement to me too).@ Blendy77, i hope those great Generals are doing fine, pls take care of them for usoooooooo.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Faith2013(f): 8:51pm On Feb 13, 2013
cjnone2000@yaho:
hi faith2013. hmmmmmmmmmmm. I thank God so much for your love, understanding, faith and patience
That is the spirit dear. no going back, forward ever, backward never until we carry our children soonest.
welcome dear.

Thanks hun!! I really appreciate it.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Faith2013(f): 8:54pm On Feb 13, 2013
safe06: [color=#990000][/color]@faith2013,its well,u married ur husband n he's no ill-luck to u,u both shall bear beautiful n blessed kids. Just b hopeful.

Thanks!! I never agree with the doctor in the first place. My hubby is truly a God sent, and we are moving forward!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 11:29am On Feb 14, 2013
Inwangobio congratulations on a successful ER and ET. I join my faith with us for a positive outcome and a stressless 9m ahead. Tell Madam to take things easy this time around. No heavy lifting, no sweet and sugary foods and above all, she should take her cyclo religiously. Was she given baby aspirin? I think that's the only thg my Doc does differently becos they don't give in bridge also. Above all, love and pet her this period cos those little angels need to hear good things from Daddy this period to know they will be loved when they are born eventually. All the best my brother. Didn't know Genbuhari was a guy o!!! Anyways thanks for making our thread unisex. Lolz

Venuss, it is well my sister. All hope is not lost. I will ping u later to link you up with another lady I met here on NL who has same issues as you just to let u know u're not alone. She's almost due with her pregnancy so my Sister all hope is not lost. God is still on the throne. You will surely carry ur babies. Quote me!

All, keep the good work going. Am loving this thread more than ever before. With the support I see here, I know this thread will last for a very very long time. Baby dusts to all of us.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 2:42pm On Feb 14, 2013
@Blendy77, a million thanks, i really trust God to do it this time around. she is really resting, as for my taking care of her, u can trust ur brother now,lol. No she wasnt given any aspirin but she is on other medications besides the cyclo which i help her in bringing it out from the fridge cos i no want hear story say she don forget. We have taken all the necessary precautionary measures cos its worth making any sacrifice for. Yea GenBuhari is a guy, he is very popular in politics section. Am sure one or too more men will join me someday here so as to make it more unisex, lol. till then i will keep being the lone-ranger. Thanks once again n regards to the Generals. With the info one is getting from here, I bet this thread will go on and on for a very long time.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by akintr1: 2:47pm On Feb 15, 2013
Hello everybody,
Am a newcomer,infact I joined this forum just this morning,I hope I would find it helpful.
I have been in state of TTC for the past 7years, we have try all we could but we haven't found any solution.
My hubby has azospermia no sperm cell at all,when I heard about this IVF I was very happy but we needed to save money for the project and since 2008 we have
been saving for just 1millon,we have gotten 840k now, but we don't know where to go for this treatment,we can not afford to
lose this money.we came from humble background so to speak(we can't save more than 40kper month)
Please we need advice where can we go out of all the fertility center you have been talking about.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by safe06: 3:05pm On Feb 15, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
@iwangobio,God bless u as u take care of madam,ur efforts shall not b in vain insha Allah. Amin.
@akintr1,God Ȋ̝̊̅§ ur strength,u dint say where u are based?lagos?I av heard so much about dr emeka,I think from st.ives,(not sure though),heard he's gud,n I think dey ar even doin promo. Inbtw,av u both checked extensively to b certain its only azoospermia ur Dh iz suffering from?av faith n b happy,ur miracle iz closer than u think.
Sparkling baby dust on us all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by akintr1: 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2013
@safe06 Thank you very much for your concern,I reside in Lagos, as for stives I heard that they are not very good when it comes to ICSI,although I don't know how far it is true,our Dr said we need a place where they have powerful machines that can get the sperm out and they have to treat it before it can be used, because they do not grow to maturity in the "sack"
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 4:13pm On Feb 15, 2013
akintr1 welcome. u can use the bridge clinic, they are the only ones i know in naija that can perform TESE in asospermic men for use in icsi.since there is no sperm present they ve to surgically get ant they can find out during ur egg retrieval. i think sme pple in same condition ve had success using this procedure wit them all the best. may God strengthen u.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Faith2013(f): 11:06pm On Feb 15, 2013
akintr1: Hello everybody,
Am a newcomer,infact I joined this forum just this morning,I hope I would find it helpful.
I have been in state of TTC for the past 7years, we have try all we could but we haven't found any solution.
My hubby has azospermia no sperm cell at all,when I heard about this IVF I was very happy but we needed to save money for the project and since 2008 we have
been saving for just 1millon,we have gotten 840k now, but we don't know where to go for this treatment,we can not afford to
lose this money.we came from humble background so to speak(we can't save more than 40kper month)
Please we need advice where can we go out of all the fertility center you have been talking about.

Welcome. God is your strength. Sorry I don't know of any Clinic in Naija for I do not reside there. I just want to let you know that we also have male infertility issue and have been trying for more than 5years. We have done 2 failed IVF with Icsi, 1 failed FET and 4 failed IUI. Not to discourage you, but put your hope and faith in GOD while planning on IVF. God is the only one that can guarantee IVF success. all the best!! Baby dust!!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by smiler(f): 10:25am On Feb 16, 2013
akintr1: Hello everybody,

My dear sister! Me and you are in the same boat.exactly the same diagnosis but we have been TTC for 11years.

Presently, I am planning on starting a cycle with Dr. Emeka of Olivebranch (not St. Ives). Like him many fertility clinic in Nigeria offer SSR (surgical Sperm retrieval).

I have read on hear about REGENESIS fertility clinic. I think there is a lady who is presently pregnant with triplet who had her treatment there, the reason I mentioned them is because they have a promo till March.

Finally, I have come to realise that fertility treatment is basically in the hand of God. Every clinic seem to achieve a level of success. As a result of your financial constraint I would also suggest that you also check out LUTH's fertility center. Just pray and ask God to make your first attempt to be your final attempt irrespective of the clinic you use.

In addition, I have sincerely heard of testimony where a sterile man went on to achieve pregnancy with his wife. In his case when he was diagnosed he rejected it and told his wife that they were not seeking any medical treatment but that they would trust God. It took them 7 years but God honoured his faith.

But the good thing about our God is that HE meets us at our level of faith.
Wishing us all the joy of the LORD.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 3:05pm On Feb 16, 2013
I don't think Emeka does TESE. Its Bridge I'm sure is good at performing TESE but will find out from him. And with Bridge, you should be looking at spending close to N1.2m. I salute your courage in saving this much to achieve your heart's desire. I pray Baba God who sees the hearts of all men and also your effort will not allow that money to go in vain. St Ives is currently doing a promo for N450k but I can't say for sure if they are into TESE and I also can't tell of their success rates during promos like these.
Heard regenesis is also cheap about 450-500k.
Also UBTH is about 250k without drugs. Just that its a bit far from you but my sister, if u're not working or u can take a month's leave, I suggest you give it a try. This is because ivf can't guarantee u success at first attempt although miracles do happen and because of how precious this money is, I wouldn't want you to burn it. Above all PRAY for God's direction.

Will find out about TESE from Dr Emeka and get back to u. Though his prices starts from 900k excluding tests but he can consider u if he's actually into TESE.

@Smiler, 11yrs? I pray God uses Emeka to bless u this time around as He did for me. It is well.

Baby dusts to all of us still waiting as I wish u a fantastic weekend.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by smiler(f): 3:22pm On Feb 17, 2013
@Blendy Amen.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by akintr1: 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2013
Good evening my people,
I have read through your post,it is faith strengthen, I would have to wait for some months again so that we can get up to 1.2m before we go to any center, or what do you think? then somebody talk about UTH I don't know the place is it in Lagos?
Also my hubby problem was not blockage because we have gone for Xray, CT scan and other test than can reveal the blockage but there was none,and it is like TESE is for blockage am not sure anyway.
am also waiting for Blendy77,to give me update about Dr Emeka so that I will know what else to do. My people I need your prayer,because am tire already.I can not stand all these reports of people who have gone for 3IVF, 2ICSI I sweat through my nose before we could get this money. Please what can I do?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by smiler(f): 7:38pm On Feb 17, 2013
@ Akintr, Dr. Ikenna Emeka does Surgical retrieval of sperm, I have spoken to him and that is what we plan to do with him.

I talked about LUTH (university of LaGos teaching hospital)and Blendy talked abouth BUTH (university of Benin teaching hospital).

Google Regenesis fertility clinic its in Lagos.

I have a friend who has done ICSI twice and in each case she got pregnant and she has 2 girls from 2 ICSI.

The younger you are the easier it is to get pregnant.

Don't start with fear. Some clinics have donor programmes where if you donate some of your eggs, the money You pay will be reduced, if you don't mind that you can alSo try that route.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 8:39pm On Feb 17, 2013
Smiler is right, just confirmed that Dr Emeka does it. I've always assumed only Bridge clinic does it. All the best Dear. If you decide to use Dr Emeka's clinic let me know so I can talk him into giving u discounts due to the circumstances with which u saved for this proceduce. Send me an email, ruonar2000@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by safe06: 8:57am On Feb 18, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
@akintr1,av faith everything iz gonna b fyn,do not entertain any form of fear,d devil Ȋ̝̊̅§ a liar,ur first ivf iz gonna b a success insha Allah. Amin.
@Blendy,nyc one,God bless u.
Sparkling baby dust on us all. Wish u all a blessed week.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by akintr1: 11:19am On Feb 18, 2013
@ smiler am 34yrs but I look like 25yrs, I have been to LUTH and two other gov hospitals but they all said they don't do neither IUI nor IVF/ICSI. One doctor in that hospital asked me to go to Nodical Fertility center, but since we don't have enough money then, we didn't bother to go, but now we want to start from somewhere, God's willing I know that I would laugh at last.
Blendy77, I will tell you when we have up to 1m so that you can discuss with Dr Emeka.
I read from one hand bill that before you can see any Doctor or Nurse in the bridge you must pay 100k is that true?
safe06, thanks for your usual prayer. God bless you.
This is the address I got from google for Regenesis (15b ,Atinuke Olabanji Street, Ikeja, Ikeja, Lagos,)
What do you know about them?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 12:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
Akintr is it Emeka u want to use? Just let me know when u're ready. u don't need to wait till u save up to 1m. I'll arrange for u to do it at 800k if u're sure u want to use him. I've given him enough customers to warrant a discount for one person and I don't mind giving it to u. So pray about it and if u and ur hubby settles for him, just let me know.
First consultatn with Bridge is 25k to see a Dr at first visit. Don't know if they've reviewed their prices upwards but that was what I paid when I used them last january. This is their number u can call to find out, 0700843274343, 014627448 and 014627446.

One of us on this thread used Regenesis for IUI and got triplets at first attempt. Their prices are reasonable if u want to check them out.
St ives is also doing a promo for 450k.

Uniben teaching hospital does ivf for 250k. Don't know about Luth but very sure of uniben as I have friends who used them.

@Damsell: where are u U also used regenesis. How did it go? Spill the good news na my sister!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by akintr1: 1:04pm On Feb 18, 2013
Thanks Blendy77, we are not going for IVF,becuase it is male issue that we have not even low sperm count but azospermia, and as I said earlier,it is not blockage
that is why I don't want to go to st ives, and it is like IVF is common unlike other options, but if Dr Emeka can handle it I would be very happy to meet him.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by smiler(f): 6:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
akintr1: Thanks Blendy77, we are not going for IVF,becuase it is male issue that we have not even low sperm count but azospermia, and as I said earlier,it is not blockage
that is why I don't want to go to st ives, and it is like IVF is common unlike other options, but if Dr Emeka can handle it I would be very happy to meet him.

Akintr, Most fertility Clinics offer IVF/ICSI. With the option of TESE or PESA.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by akintr1: 10:25am On Feb 19, 2013
Ok thanks,I would get back to you soon,
We will choose between the bridge and Dr Emeka
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Angelic25(f): 8:07pm On Feb 22, 2013
Good Evening fruitful women. Have been a silent reader here in this forum and would be stating my ivf procedure in march due to the fact that we having male factor.hubbys sperm count was less than 15million as the doctor advise us to do ivf .and we using doctor emeka .so worried .would not mind if any one could enlighting on how to manage my self to increase the chances. Many thanks inadvance
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 8:55am On Feb 23, 2013
[quote author=Angelic25]Good Evening fruitful women. Have been a silent reader here in this forum and would be stating my ivf procedure in march due to the fact that we having male factor.hubbys sperm count was less than 15million as the doctor advise us to do ivf .and we using doctor emeka .so worried .would not mind if any one could enlighting on how to manage my self to increase the chances. Many thanks inadvance.

Seconded please, those of us who have gone through this journey and are now mothers of beautiful children, what did you do differently? Been a silent reader and follower on this forum too. Thank you and God bless you as you enlighten us. Will also love to use Dr. Emeka. So many wonderful testimonies from people who went there.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by olugiveme: 1:21pm On Feb 23, 2013
ST IVES INFERTILITY PROMO WILL END NEXT MONDAY 25TH FEBRUARY 2013, HURRYYYYYYYY
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL 08038183212
THANK YOU.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (424) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.