Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1285778 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (424) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 1:12pm On Sep 26, 2021
[quote author=meetme01 post=106169779]Mama's, when do you outrightly confirm that it's a failed cycle.

No period or 14days after transfer with negative BPT.

Also, after 14days BPT negative, is it possible to still have BPT positive? If yes,time range.

[/quoxte]

If your Bpt means blood pregnancy test, it's most likely a failed cycle. The chances are very slim for it to change to positive if it's still showing negative as at 14 days post transfer. Some people don't see their period until they stop the progesterone even if the cycle has failed.

But if your test wasn't blood test, there's still hope. All the best sis.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 1:15pm On Sep 26, 2021
Mamajolly:
Mama's in the house, I dey greet ooo, pls which fertility clinic in lagos can be suggested to me that does iui procedure with a good success rate, una thank you.

People speak highly of st Ives Ikoyi, when it comes to iui.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mamajolly: 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2021
Uririandme:

Thank you so much, would check them out, I also read about kingswill hospital, don't know if they are good.

People speak highly of st Ives Ikoyi, when it comes to iui.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blessgerald: 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
Please when exactly should one do endometrium scratch before FET and how to take PREDNISONE,thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MamaByu: 6:18pm On Sep 26, 2021
Please I would like to hear personal experiences of people who have used primecare fertility clinic at Garki abuja before? I’m planning on going there next month. I have read on their success rates on here but I need to know what to expect please. Thank you and baby dust to us all
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bunny19: 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2021
MamaByu:
Please I would like to hear personal experiences of people who have used primecare fertility clinic at Gwarinpa abuja before? I’m planning on going there next month. I have read on their success rates on here but I need to know what to expect please. Thank you and baby dust to us all
Primecare is not in gwarinpa,.its Fertilaid that is in gwarinpa
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MamaByu: 12:14am On Sep 27, 2021
Bunny19:
Primecare is not in gwarinpa,.its Fertilaid that is in gwarinpa

Ohh yes That was a mistake, it’s one at garki actually. Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Azaebere: 12:26am On Sep 27, 2021
MamaByu:
Please I would like to hear personal experiences of people who have used primecare fertility clinic at Garki abuja before? I’m planning on going there next month. I have read on their success rates on here but I need to know what to expect please. Thank you and baby dust to us all

I used them. They are good. Just be positive about the whole thing with prayers. The Dr and other staff are good to be with.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nnennachiji(f): 3:46am On Sep 27, 2021
Blessgerald:
Please when exactly should one do endometrium scratch before FET and how to take PREDNISONE,thanks
Endometrial scratch is done 6 weeks before FET and for prednisone it’s 10mg morning and night from start of your period continue till positive and then tapper down from 8 weeks , start with 5mg morning and night and then 2.5 mg morning and night , then 2.5 mg daily and stop finally at 12 weeks

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Azaebere: 7:22am On Sep 27, 2021
Towerofgrace:
Hello Mama's good morning to everyone,

Please i have an urgent question concerning progynova, i was told to stop at 10weeks and scared to stop cold turkey, but this drug is showing me shege undecided i intended to stop gradually i.e weaning myself off it but i just want to feel better also.

Please mamas share your experience on when and how you stopped and if you stopped at once without any issues. I am tired of taking too many drugs cry

cc henmaris
MummyNeto
Blendy77
Lamay
lapagegirl

Congratulations mama. God is great. This is mama lynsunny
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MikeMichel: 8:28am On Sep 27, 2021
Good morning Mamas in the house,
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MikeMichel: 8:30am On Sep 27, 2021
MikeMichel:
Good morning Mamas in the house,
I would like to make enquiries about considering treating infertility outside the country.
I have endometriosis and my husband has issues with sperm count and motility.
We have had failed iui and Ivf, we are thinking of relocating to canada but l am abit scared of many uncertainties. So many questions yet no answers. We all know how this journey can only be understood by those who wear the same shoes . People who don't have an idea can be insensitive, yes there are priorities but do we then make our life stagnant and not move on with other life goals, my parents are not helping matters at all, no matter what l achieve they still find a way of telling me my struggles about child bearing .
Please who has taken this step before and how did you pull through to have a successful pregnancy outside the country.
M.37
F.31

Thank you all.
It's really hard finding balance.
Depression is almost setting in and l get scared all the time what if ...
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Towerofgrace: 9:33am On Sep 27, 2021
Azaebere:

Congratulations mama. God is great. This is mama lynsunny

Hey my sis from way back, thank you ma'm.

How far na, how is it going, how have you been? longest time
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Towerofgrace: 9:59am On Sep 27, 2021
Blessgerald:
Good day everyone, please am planning to go for my FET frozen transfer after a failed cycle.Please can you tell me what and what to do for a successful cycle thanks in advance

Hello Sis, i pray God will surprise you pleasantly this time around.

though I had a fresh cycle, apart from the drugs i took i made sure to keep my feet warm from ER and all through the 2ww, I ate warm/hot meals and avoided cold drinks i was majorly on bed rest during this period, though i didn't have a choice cos i was battling ohss for most part but above all it was prayers and God.

I couldn't stand the no bathing after ET so i took my warm bath as usual, watched alot of comedy movies/videos and kept myself happy and in a relaxed mood all through the 2ww, spoke to all my reproductive organs to work together for conception and pregnancy including all the drugs and injections too. I continued all my prenatal supplements (Vit E 400iu 2ce daily, Omega 3 Fish oil 1000mg 3ce daily, Osteocare 1tab 2ce daily and pregnacare original, i stopped Coq10 100mg 2ce daily few days after ET)

I have no idea on endo scratch and for prednisone, i started at ET 10mg 2ce daily and starting weaning at 9weeks to stop at 10weeks

If you are still using same hospital, pls ask them for breakdown of the entire process from start to finish including drugs/injections so you can know if anything is out of place this time around and raise alarm if need be. Pls no surprises this time around. Better still it is not too late to transfer your embies to another trusted hospital ooo

All the best Sis.

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tabontabon: 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2021
Good morning all mummies and daddies.
Please, with a budget of 1.2million naira, which reputable IVF clinic can one consider within Lagos? I need recommendations please because budget is tight.

N.B. I'm not too keen on using the St Ives promo. This is due to observations from previous participants.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by baroun04(m): 1:28pm On Sep 27, 2021
opportunity2020:
Pls, has anyone tried IVF with Ayomide fertility centre in Osogbo. What is the experience like? what is about the success rate and cost like?
Your response will be appreciated.

I also need recommendation of fertility clinic in portharcourt, success rate and cost. Appreciated
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DoubleeT: 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2021
opportunity2020:
Pls, has anyone tried IVF with Ayomide fertility centre in Osogbo. What is the experience like? what is about the success rate and cost like?
I wanted to use ayomide last year but asked my sister to make enquiry about them for me cos she stays in Oshogbo. She told my they don't really have success like that. I eventually used Grabbo in Abuja this year after reading about their success rate here
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tabontabon: 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2021
Please how did it go at grabbo? Was it successful?

DoubleeT:

I wanted to use ayomide last year but asked my sister to make enquiry about them for me cos she stays in Oshogbo. She told my they don't really have success like that. I eventually used Grabbo in Abuja this year after reading about their success rate here
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Azaebere: 3:38pm On Sep 27, 2021
Towerofgrace:

Hey my sis from way back, thank you ma'm.

How far na, how is it going, how have you been? longest time

I'm good mama.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Beautifulsenora: 3:55pm On Sep 27, 2021
[quote author=MikeMichel post=106210035][/quote] I dont think you should place your life or goals on hold due to your ivf plans.

Relocating to a different country wouldnt stop you from achieving a pregnancy whether natural or not.
Please proceed with your relocation plans, enjoy your life the best you can whilst planning for a pregnancy and then pray and trust that God will grant all your heart desires .

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MikeMichel: 4:00pm On Sep 27, 2021
Hmmmm

You can explore other places
I used them this year
It resulted in a failed cycle.

opportunity2020:
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DoubleeT: 4:29pm On Sep 27, 2021
tabontabon:
Please how did it go at grabbo? Was it successful?

Yes it was successful

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MikeMichel: 5:16pm On Sep 27, 2021
Thank you so much for this. Much appreciated
Amen to your Prayers.
God bless you exceedingly.

Beautifulsenora:
I dont think you should place your life or goals on hold due to your ivf plans.

Relocating to a different country wouldnt stop you from achieving a pregnancy whether natural or not.
Please proceed with your relocation plans, enjoy your life the best you can whilst planning for a pregnancy and then pray and trust that God will grant all your heart desires .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by monchat(m): 6:06pm On Sep 27, 2021
Hello house pls who can interpret this scan result for me. Thank you

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MamaByu: 9:44pm On Sep 27, 2021
Azaebere:

I used them. They are good. Just be positive about the whole thing with prayers. The Dr and other staff are good to be with.
Ok, thanks a lot !!!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 3:40am On Sep 28, 2021
tabontabon:
Good morning all mummies and daddies.
Please, with a budget of 1.2million naira, which reputable IVF clinic can one consider within Lagos? I need recommendations please because budget is tight.

N.B. I'm not too keen on using the St Ives promo. This is due to observations from previous participants.
Please tell us some of the observations.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 7:39am On Sep 28, 2021
Hello mamas, pls who has travelled from lagos to Abuja for an ivf procedure and it was successful?
I inted to that as the hospital i started with in lagos (Nordica) has increased their prices snd its now really expensive � this is coming after I've done all my preliminary tests et al

Pls kindly briefly share your experience, was it too stressful? Dis it result in a positive? Help pls!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blessgerald: 10:56am On Sep 28, 2021
Thanks so much
nnennachiji:

Endometrial scratch is done 6 weeks before FET and for prednisone it’s 10mg morning and night from start of your period continue till positive and then tapper down from 8 weeks , start with 5mg morning and night and then 2.5 mg morning and night , then 2.5 mg daily and stop finally at 12 weeks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blessgerald: 10:58am On Sep 28, 2021
Thanks so much
Towerofgrace:

Hello Sis, i pray God will surprise you pleasantly this time around.

though I had a fresh cycle, apart from the drugs i took i made sure to keep my feet warm from ER and all through the 2ww, I ate warm/hot meals and avoided cold drinks i was majorly on bed rest during this period, though i didn't have a choice cos i was battling ohss for most part but above all it was prayers and God.

I couldn't stand the no bathing after ET so i took my warm bath as usual, watched alot of comedy movies/videos and kept myself happy and in a relaxed mood all through the 2ww, spoke to all my reproductive organs to work together for conception and pregnancy including all the drugs and injections too. I continued all my prenatal supplements (Vit E 400iu 2ce daily, Omega 3 Fish oil 1000mg 3ce daily, Osteocare 1tab 2ce daily and pregnacare original, i stopped Coq10 100mg 2ce daily few days after ET)

I have no idea on endo scratch and for prednisone, i started at ET 10mg 2ce daily and starting weaning at 9weeks to stop at 10weeks

If you are still using same hospital, pls ask them for breakdown of the entire process from start to finish including drugs/injections so you can know if anything is out of place this time around and raise alarm if need be. Pls no surprises this time around. Better still it is not too late to transfer your embies to another trusted hospital ooo

All the best Sis.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by GMs: 11:10am On Sep 28, 2021
Good morning mamas. Please recommend clinics for me, I was at A fertility clinic on the island in Lagos and I have been so down with their charge, haven’t paid for consultation and tests amounting 270,000, the bill they gave us was 4,7M for two cycles and 3.6M for one cycle, and that’s way out of budget, The breakdown for one cycle is;

Hysteroscopy; 400K

FET; 850K

iVf: 1M

Drugs 833K

Additional drugs 380K

And other stuffs I don’t remember, please I need your help! Recommend clinics for me pls

I prefer Lagos but I don’t mind traveling to Abuja as long as it’s a good clinic with drs who’s not just about money but achieving result
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Expectantmom: 11:16am On Sep 28, 2021
GMs:
Good morning mamas. Please recommend clinics for me, I was at A fertility clinic on the island in Lagos and I have been so down with their charge, haven’t paid for consultation and tests amounting 270,000, the bill they gave us was 4,7M for two cycles and 3.6M for one cycle, and that’s way out of budget, The breakdown for one cycle is;

Hysteroscopy; 400K

FET; 850K

Drugs 833K

Additional drugs 380K

And other stuffs I don’t remember, please I need your help! Recommend clinics for me pls

I prefer Lagos but I don’t mind traveling to Abuja as long as it’s a good clinic with drs who’s not just about money but achieving result
People have recommended grabbo(Abuja), st Ives (Lagos) and some others with affordable prices ranging from 1.2m-2.5m
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 11:54am On Sep 28, 2021
Same situation as you, only difference is that I've done my hysteroscopy and tests. Ivf and drugs is still at 1.8m. Reason I'm willing to go to abuja. I just need someone that has been in my shoes to encourage me.

GMs:

Hysteroscopy; 400K

FET; 850K

Drugs 833K

Additional drugs 380K

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (424) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.