Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,960 members, 7,852,244 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:34 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1290563 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (424) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 9:30am On Sep 20, 2021
What do you think about doing an ivf next cycle after a failed one? Think its better to wait some time or what? Opinions. Especially from those who don do am please.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Jumeaux: 10:00am On Sep 20, 2021
Good morning house,
Thank God for this forum.
I am just tired.
Please i need recommendation for clinics with good success rate in Lagos and Abuja also price friendly.
I know Abuja is more price friendly.
I am 40yrs old with two failed cycles.
I am confused and don't even know how to commence another cycle.
A friend mentioned st. Ives.
Please help me, i know it's God that gives children but i just need a clinic that is all about achieving success not just the try your luck vibe.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 2:06pm On Sep 20, 2021
Jumeaux:
Good morning house,
Thank God for this forum.
I am just tired.
Please i need recommendation for clinics with good success rate in Lagos and Abuja also price friendly.
I know Abuja is more price friendly.
I am 40yrs old with two failed cycles.
I am confused and don't even know how to commence another cycle.
A friend mentioned st. Ives.
Please help me, i know it's God that gives children but i just need a clinic that is all about achieving success not just the try your luck vibe.

You have got a friendly one in Lagos already and you heard of Primecare in abj already if u had been following this thread. 40 is high in age but not too high. Did you use your eggs both times?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Jumeaux: 2:58pm On Sep 20, 2021
Omojudy:

You have got a friendly one in Lagos already and you heard of Primecare in abj already if u had been following this thread. 40 is high in age but not too high. Did you use your eggs both times?

Yes, i read about the prime care here today, i also called them this morning and they said from #1, 500 for two cycles.

I just called St. Ives now and they said there is a Promo for 1 cycle for #950k.

YesI used my eggs for both Cycle.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 3:21pm On Sep 20, 2021
Jumeaux:

Yes, i read about the prime care here today, i also called them this morning and they said from #1, 500 for two cycles.

I just called St. Ives now and they said there is a Promo for 1 cycle for #950k.

Maybe consider IVes and add surrogacy to it? Prime care doesn't accept outside surrogates which makes it a little more pricey.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 20, 2021
Jumeaux:

On this page iv heard of Primecare,Jece,and Joje Abebe all in Abuja.The last one is doing promo at the minute till the end of the month.
Perhaps use Donor egg with your husband’s sperm and your womb might keep it if the issue is not failure to implant but egg quality.
Surrogacy both traditional and gestational is very expensive so you don’t need to think about that now.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bunny19: 5:16pm On Sep 20, 2021
Tutu82:

On this page iv heard of Primecare,Jece,and Joje Abebe all in Abuja.The last one is doing promo at the minute till the end of the month.
Perhaps use Donor egg with your husband’s sperm and your womb might keep it if the issue is not failure to implant but egg quality.
Surrogacy both traditional and gestational is very expensive so you don’t need to think about that now.
Exactly!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 4:14am On Sep 21, 2021
Tutu82:

Expensive is relative. And traditional, i never advise it.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 21, 2021
Omojudy:

Expensive is relative. And traditional, i never advise it.
I agree with you Omojudy but feel she should explore all other options first.Remember surrogacy is never 100% guaranteed to work either.I am not against it at all and have been doing my research into it so hope you understand my position better.
To expatiate on surrogacy,whether she chooses traditional or surrogacy is her decision but in Nigeria where we have family law not reproductive law,traditional would pose more of a problem as the egg belongs to the surrogate and she can change her mind while in traditional they use your eggs or the egg of someone else so there is no Dna and the wife not the surrogate is registered on the birth certificate.
Both are just as expensive,you looking at 5m-20m Naira.While to try Donor egg in your womb which may or may not take just as surrogacy is 709k-2m so the maths speaks for itself.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 21, 2021
Omojudy:
What do you think about doing an ivf next cycle after a failed one? Think its better to wait some time or what? Opinions. Especially from those who don do am please.
Most doctors advice you to skip a menstrual cycle or two to let your body expel all the medication and rest to get emotionally ready before you try again.
Also some advice to try icsi instead of ivf where the sperm is injected directly into the egg for better fertilisation especially if it is a weak sperm factor for better outcome.
Wait a little sis.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 10:04am On Sep 21, 2021
Tutu82:

I agree with you Omojudy but feel she should explore all other options first.Remember surrogacy is never 100% guaranteed to work either.I am not against it at all and have been doing my research into it so hope you understand my position better.
To expatiate on surrogacy,whether she chooses traditional or surrogacy is her decision but in Nigeria where we have family law not reproductive law,traditional would pose more of a problem as the egg belongs to the surrogate and she can change her mind while in traditional they use your eggs or the egg of someone else so there is no Dna and the wife not the surrogate is registered on the birth certificate.
Both are just as expensive,you looking at 5m-20m Naira.While to try Donor egg in your womb which may or may not take just as surrogacy is 709k-2m so the maths speaks for itself.
What i suggested was implantating in her and a surrogate at the same time and same cycle. She normally will pay ivf fees for her cycle. An additional 200k usually will cover second person rather than a full ivf fee of about another 1m or so. Then a surrogate only gets paid largely if she gets pregnant and carries to term. And that can be less than 1.5m to 2m and only if successful. Moreover one doesnt go through two rounds of treatments and retrieval. My only fear usually is having two successful pregnancies and plenty babies.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2021
Omojudy:

What i suggested was implantating in her and a surrogate at the same time and same cycle. She normally will pay ivf fees for her cycle. An additional 200k usually will cover second person rather than a full ivf fee of about another 1m or so. Then a surrogate only gets paid largely if she gets pregnant and carries to term. And that can be less than 1.5m to 2m and only if successful. Moreover one doesnt go through two rounds of treatments and retrieval. My only fear usually is having two successful pregnancies and plenty babies.
Having two successful pregnancies in my case would be a blessing but i cannot speak for her.
Whether a surrogate gets pregnant or not i feel she should be compensated as she has sacrificed her body and time.
The figures i gave on here are based on what i was quoted from a few hospitals in Abuja namely Jece,Deda and Diff.Please share your hospital with people on here and you may help someone.
Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 1:35pm On Sep 21, 2021
Tutu82:

Having two successful pregnancies in my case would be a blessing but i cannot speak for her.
Whether a surrogate gets pregnant or not i feel she should be compensated as she has sacrificed her body and time.
The figures i gave on here are based on what i was quoted from a few hospitals in Abuja namely Jece,Deda and Diff.Please share your hospital with people on here and you may help someone.
Regards.
Yes surrogates are compesated some sum at embryo transfer.
Talking about quotes is why my first reply to her was that certain hospitals don't accept outside surrogates. Such hospitals obviously charge much to monitor the surrogates on your behalf.
So its more of the management of the surrogate than the clinic. We work with most clinics that welcome private provision of surrogates by their patients and hence can offer more subsidized charges.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bunny19: 2:01pm On Sep 21, 2021
Omojudy:

all this millions u are calling, no be everybody get am o. Some of us dey pray make e just click once,surro matter no be beans grin grin
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 2:56pm On Sep 21, 2021
Bunny19:
all this millions u are calling, no be everybody get am o. Some of us dey pray make e just click once,surro matter no be beans grin grin
I understand sis. Na so many people no fit imagine ivf even if na 300k. Shame dey catch me to talk about my babies self with one friend who runs a small provision shop who was ttc together with me after i did ivf. She once said to me "if i get money now, i for try wetin you do".
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bunny19: 3:38pm On Sep 21, 2021
Omojudy:

I understand sis. Na so many people no fit imagine ivf even if na 300k. Shame dey catch me to talk about my babies self with one friend who runs a small provision shop who was ttc together with me after i did ivf. She once said to me "if i get money now, i for try wetin you do".
hmm...it is well sis. May God provide for us all

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 4:12pm On Sep 21, 2021
Bunny19:
hmm...it is well sis. May God provide for us all
He should just surprise us with natural unassisted reproduction pregnancy!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bunny19: 4:42pm On Sep 21, 2021
Omojudy:

He should just surprise us with natural unassisted reproduction pregnancy!
Amen! and also help us achieve success in the assisted one. Its a win win cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 4:46pm On Sep 21, 2021
Bunny19:
Amen! and also help us achieve success in the assisted one. Its a win win cheesy
Lastly only God gives children.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bunny19: 4:46pm On Sep 21, 2021
Omojudy:

Absolutely!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Jumeaux: 8:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
Omojudy:

That's what my husband has been saying. I pray God perfects every move we make.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nnennachiji(f): 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2021
If you are 40 and above and taking supplements to help with egg quality also consider taking hormones like HGH for example Omnitrope. It has helped a lot of people with number of eggs retrieved and egg quality too.
Usually start about 8 weeks before stimulation and continue during stimulation

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bunny19: 5:40am On Sep 22, 2021
nnennachiji:
If you are 40 and above and taking supplements to help with egg quality also consider taking hormones like HGH for example Omnitrope. It has helped a lot of people with number of eggs retrieved and egg quality too.
Usually start about 8 weeks before stimulation and continue during stimulation
Can u enlighten us more about this? Do u need a doctors prescription to get this and can one suggest this option to their ivf doctor?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nnennachiji(f): 11:35am On Sep 22, 2021
Bunny19:
Can u enlighten us more about this? Do u need a doctors prescription to get this and can one suggest this option to their ivf doctor?
In Nigeria you can actually get any medications without prescription but USA you need a prescription.
It’s Human growth hormone it helps in improving the odds of ivf by increasing number of eggs retrieved and the quality too especially in women 40 and above and those with diminished ovarian reserve. It’s a subcutaneous injection given below the belly button it’s given with insulin syringe so not painful
A lot of people start with 6 units, 8 weeks before stimulation because you want it to act on your Antral follicles and increase up to 25 units during stimulation . You stop at HCG trigger
Yes you can suggest it to your ivf doctor and see what he recommends

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bunny19: 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2021
nnennachiji:

In Nigeria you can actually get any medications without prescription but USA you need a prescription.
It’s Human growth hormone it helps in improving the odds of ivf by increasing number of eggs retrieved and the quality too especially in women 40 and above and those with diminished ovarian reserve. It’s a subcutaneous injection given below the belly button it’s given with insulin syringe so not painful
A lot of people start with 6 units, 8 weeks before stimulation because you want it to act on your Antral follicles and increase up to 25 units during stimulation . You stop at HCG trigger
Yes you can suggest it to your ivf doctor and see what he recommends
Thanks for the info
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by utchaaay: 11:42pm On Sep 22, 2021
Good day,
Been TTc for 4 years now, I have done 4 Ivfs the last 2 resulted in pregnancy but in both cases I had a blighted ovum( early miscarriage)
Has anybody here gone through this?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by opportunity2020: 6:40pm On Sep 25, 2021
Pls, has anyone tried IVF with Ayomide fertility centre in Osogbo. What is the experience like? what is about the success rate and cost like?
Your response will be appreciated.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by meetme01: 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2021
Mama's, when do you outrightly confirm that it's a failed cycle.

No period or 14days after transfer with negative BPT.

Also, after 14days BPT negative, is it possible to still have BPT positive? If yes,time range.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mamajolly: 11:14pm On Sep 25, 2021
Mama's in the house, I dey greet ooo, pls which fertility clinic in lagos can be suggested to me that does iui procedure with a good success rate, una thank you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 5:04am On Sep 26, 2021
meetme01:
Mama's, when do you outrightly confirm that it's a failed cycle.

No period or 14days after transfer with negative BPT.

Also, after 14days BPT negative, is it possible to still have BPT positive? If yes,time range.

Add a blood test to the urine test if the urine test is negative. Hugs Sister.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blessgerald: 11:29am On Sep 26, 2021
Good day everyone, please am planning to go for my FET frozen transfer after a failed cycle.Please can you tell me what and what to do for a successful cycle thanks in advance
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bunny19: 12:44pm On Sep 26, 2021
Blessgerald:
Good day everyone, please am planning to go for my FET frozen transfer after a failed cycle.Please can you tell me what and what to do for a successful cycle thanks in advance
Pls read some few pages backwards,its loaded and u can get all u need. Best of luck and success with ur transfer

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (424) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.