Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,570 members, 7,812,843 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1277247 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mercyooGod: 4:26am On Nov 07, 2021
Tutu82:

Good morning.Research into Mbanefo fertility hospital Enugu.My sister did hers there and iv heard some good things about them though as is consistent with most Nigerian health centres their bed side manners is rubbish.They will get the job done to the best of their ability but don’t expect them to be empathetic like hold your hand through the journey and say everything will be okay.
Thanks for the reply God bless you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mercyooGod: 4:33am On Nov 07, 2021
[quote author=Twinbella post=105548823][/quote]

Just confused about them, no one from the forum that have say positive result about them.
Some will say they got positive result and still miscarriage
I don't have money for several cycle
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mercyooGod: 8:34am On Nov 07, 2021
Ladygracy:
you mean agbor?

Please where is Divine am interested though I based at anambra
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ladygracy: 8:52am On Nov 07, 2021
mercyooGod:

Please where is Divine am interested though I based at anambra
Sorry mama I think you tagged the wrong handle
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 10:22am On Nov 07, 2021
Good morning All, I will advise anyone planning to use Primecare in the next 3-4 months to start engaging the Dr and if possible make a deposit before Jan 1 as there are plans to increase IVF fee by Jan due to the high cost of drugs. He said drugs he bought N7m in July were bought N10.5m two weeks ago so it's been very difficult for him except the dollar reduces. We are also in talks wt him to allow external surrogates as he uses only his surrogates for now. He agreed to speak with his lawyers and revert. Just tot to share the planned ivf increment especially for those planning to start soon so you are not caught unaware since a lot of us are planning to use him.
One love, its my prayer that God will come thru for everyone still in his waiting room

7 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by enye2000: 12:28pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hello everyone, please can someone tell me the estimated time frame for the procedure, i plan travelling to abuja (Prime care) for the treatment, how many days ll i lodge at the hotel or will i be able to travel to and fro lagos during the treatment before the egg retrieval..any shared experience will be appreciated thank you,

Thanks Blendy for the head up
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 12:51pm On Nov 07, 2021
I can give you heads up on how mine is going. You can email me

enye2000:
Hello everyone, please can someone tell me the estimated time frame for the procedure, i plan travelling to abuja (Prime care) for the treatment, how many days ll i lodge at the hotel or will i be able to travel to and fro lagos during the treatment before the egg retrieval..any shared experience will be appreciated thank you,

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by enye2000: 4:10pm On Nov 07, 2021
Fireandice0589:
I can give you heads up on how mine is going. You can email me

Thank you, i just send the email
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by cleish(m): 4:57pm On Nov 07, 2021
May God grant every expectant woman here, tears of JOY in 2022..

Meanwhile I’m a semen donor here in Lagos, Genotype is AA & blood group O-, height 6.1ft.

My DM is always open...
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Beautifulsenora: 6:39pm On Nov 07, 2021
Blendy77:
Good morning All, I will advise anyone planning to use Primecare in the next 3-4 months to start engaging the Dr and if possible make a deposit before Jan 1 as there are plans to increase IVF fee by Jan due to the high cost of drugs. He said drugs he bought N7m in July was bought N10.5m two weeks ago so it's been very difficult for him except the dollar reduces. We are also in talks wt him to allow external surrogates as he uses only his surrogates for now. He agreed to speak with his lawyers and revert. Just tot to share the planned ivf increment especially for those planning to start soon so you are nit caught unaware since a lot of us are planning to use him.
One love, its my prayer that God will come thru for everyone still in his waiting room
Thank you so much for the feedback
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 7:00pm On Nov 07, 2021
Blendy77:

The dollar thing is a real issue.
Yes he told me same about external surrogates.
How are you?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 7:02pm On Nov 07, 2021
enye2000:

Usually btw 2 weeks to 1month. Also depends on what you are dealing with and your schedule.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by waistbead: 8:13pm On Nov 07, 2021
Blendy77:
Good morning All, I will advise anyone planning to use Primecare in the next 3-4 months to start engaging the Dr and if possible make a deposit before Jan 1 as there are plans to increase IVF fee by Jan due to the high cost of drugs. He said drugs he bought N7m in July was bought N10.5m two weeks ago so it's been very difficult for him except the dollar reduces. We are also in talks wt him to allow external surrogates as he uses only his surrogates for now. He agreed to speak with his lawyers and revert. Just tot to share the planned ivf increment especially for those planning to start soon so you are nit caught unaware since a lot of us are planning to use him.

Na person you be God bless you/your's..

@Tutu82,how you doing ma'am?
Sticky bean to those cycling .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by uwasam(f): 9:54pm On Nov 07, 2021
Omojudy, i sent you an email. Please respond. Thank you.
Omojudy:

The dollar thing is a real issue.
Yes he told me same about external surrogates.
How are you?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Searchingvictor: 10:14pm On Nov 07, 2021
May God grant every expectant woman here, tears of JOY come 2022..

I’m a semen donor here in ibadan, Genotype is AA & blood group A+, height 5.8ft.

My DM is always open...
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mamajolly: 4:15am On Nov 08, 2021
Mamas in the house. Please is cyclogest used within the two weeks wait or after pregnancy is confirmed in iui,tanx
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Towerofgrace: 11:24am On Nov 08, 2021
Mamajolly:
Mamas in the house. Please is cyclogest used within the two weeks wait or after pregnancy is confirmed in iui,tanx

It depends on your P4 level if it is low, some Dr will ask you to commence immediately after insemination, if p4 level is okay you may not be asked to use it except you start spotting or there is a need for it

My 1st iui bfp cycle i was not placed on it, 2nd cycle i was placed on 200mg cyclogest daily just as a precaution but it ended in bfn. The explanation is that for iui since it is very similar to a natural cycle and there is no retrieval of follicles from the ovaries, the ovaries still retain parts that will produce p4 naturally to support pregnancy except in cases where one have low level of p4 naturally.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Madamk: 12:34pm On Nov 08, 2021
[Please what's wheatgrass?

quote author=nnennachiji post=106678270] I have been taking supplements and then wheatgrass to help reduce my FSH.
My last FSH was 13 miu/ L.
I rechecked again yesterday it was 7.5 barely 3 weeks of taking wheatgrass
Please try taking wheatgrass if your FSH is high.
Lower FSh is better for stimulation and helps with higher follicular yield [/quote]
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Madamk: 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2021
Hello everyone, I'm new here and still finding my way round here please pardon me.

I'm planning on doing IVF this year, did polyps removal last month, do you think it's okay to do the IVF now or I should wait?

Also what can I take as drugs and food as my AMh is 1:71, and Fsh 11:6. I'm presently on Coq10, Dhea, and pregnacare. Please what else should I take and eat?

Thank you and would appreciate opinions
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nnennachiji(f): 5:48pm On Nov 08, 2021
Madamk:
Hello everyone, I'm new here and still finding my way round here please pardon me.

I'm planning on doing IVF this year, did polyps removal last month, do you think it's okay to do the IVF now or I should wait?

Also what can I take as drugs and food as my AMh is 1:71, and Fsh 11:6. I'm presently on Coq10, Dhea, and pregnacare. Please what else should I take and eat?

Thank you and would appreciate opinions

Wheatgrass is a supplement , it can be found in capsule or powder form
Am taking the powdered form
You can also take acai berry , pterostibene, truniagen, vitamin C, E. The all help to increase egg quality, also add low dose aspirin for increased blood flow to the uterus

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by FruitfulTee: 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2021
I spoke to Dr Ese today and he forwarded the price list and policies to me... Oh I wish I had money, I don't mind going to abuja...this 4 years childlessness is not funny....God hear my prayer...

Tutu82:

(NO.5 Ilorin street Area 8 Garki .Abuja).
It costs 20k for initial consultations and 100k fertility investigations.
There maybe other things involved depending on your situation and ovary response but the general cost is;
650k(1cycle)
1m(2 cycles)
1.4m(3 cycles)

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mamajolly: 6:51pm On Nov 08, 2021
Thank you so much for this explanation,
i was the one that asked my doc if i can go for it after the insemination, he said if i can afford it i can, i started using it, had used for for some days but something happened When j used it yesterday, after like few minutes,
I felt a wumbiling noise and force movement like kpum in my lower part of my stomach, infact the thought of it disturbed my sleep last, I think I will stop on it for now, was just using it as precaution of Pcos cos it has been years back i had low progesterone but it built back and I had conceived naturally but lost it at 3 month, I think I will stop the cyclogest for now cos I am scared of using it since that incidence last nyt.
Towerofgrace:

It depends on your P4 level if it is low, some Dr will ask you to commence immediately after insemination, if p4 level is okay you may not be asked to use it except you start spotting or there is a need for it

My 1st iui bfp cycle i was not placed on it, 2nd cycle i was placed on 200mg cyclogest daily just as a precaution but it ended in bfn. The explanation is that for iui since it is very similar to a natural cycle and there is no retrieval of follicles from the ovaries, the ovaries still retain parts that will produce p4 naturally to support pregnancy except in cases where one have low level of p4 naturally.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bennytwin: 8:21pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mamajolly:
i was the one that asked my doc if i can go for it after the insemination, he said if i can afford it i can, i started using it, had used for for some days but something happened When j used it yesterday, after like few minutes,
I felt a wumbiling noise and force movement like kpum in my lower part of my stomach, infact the thought of it disturbed my sleep last, I think I will stop on it for now, was just using it as precaution of Pcos cos it has been years back i had low progesterone but it built back and I had conceived naturally but lost it at 3 month, I think I will stop the cyclogest for now cos I am scared of using it since that incidence last nyt.

Pls don't stop using ur cyclogest insert if I may suggest. Especially as you have previous history of low progesterone and a previous miscarriage. Progesterone and low dose aspirin has been said to help preventmiscarriage.
Use your insert judiciously each night and 75 mg aspirin.( You can verify the aspirin info from your gynaecologist)
Affliction shall not rise a second time in Jesus name, Amen

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Madamk: 9:25pm On Nov 08, 2021
Thanks sis, I appreciate

nnennachiji:

Wheatgrass is a supplement , it can be found in capsule or powder form
Am taking the powdered form
You can also take acai berry , pterostibene, truniagen, vitamin C, E. The all help to increase egg quality, also add low dose aspirin for increased blood flow to the uterus
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Mamajolly: 9:37pm On Nov 08, 2021
Hmmm,it is well, God will not allow TTC to consume me Amen,the low prog was years back in 2015 there about, I have done other hormones profile which shows prog is in range but the miscarriage is recent, my concern is that I was feeling some preg symptoms not until that thing happened, can cyclogest stop implantation, did i insert it wrongly cos I use finger push am inside as usual but I noticed I pushed more inside cos it looks like the cervix, not sure is cervix they call it went more in, I have tried reading previous posts here on nairaland to get clue but apart from those that did ivf that started within egg retrieval, most normal insemination and iui patients used it when pregnancy was confirmed, sabi mama's, abeg make una touch light this for me. Am I going the right direction or not, I need help biko,thank you.
Bennytwin:

Pls don't stop using ur cyclogest insert if I may suggest. Especially as you have previous history of low progesterone and a previous miscarriage. Progesterone and low dose aspirin has been said to help preventmiscarriage.
Use your insert judiciously each night and 75 mg aspirin.( You can verify the aspirin info from your gynaecologist)
Affliction shall not rise a second time in Jesus name, Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ladygracy: 5:38am On Nov 09, 2021
Mamajolly:
Hmmm,it is well, God will not allow TTC to consume me Amen,the low prog was years back in 2015 there about, I have done other hormones profile which shows prog is in range but the miscarriage is recent, my concern is that I was feeling some preg symptoms not until that thing happened, can cyclogest stop implantation, did i insert it wrongly cos I use finger push am inside as usual but I noticed I pushed more inside cos it looks like the cervix, not sure is cervix they call it went more in, I have tried reading previous posts here on nairaland to get clue but apart from those that did ivf that started within egg retrieval, most normal insemination and iui patients used it when pregnancy was confirmed, sabi mama's, abeg make una touch light this for me. Am I going the right direction or not, I need help biko,thank you.
Insert from the backdoor
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bennytwin: 7:14am On Nov 09, 2021
Mamajolly:

Ok dear. Didn't see that earlier. Please all usages I know as well was after pregnancy was confirmed. That's when the person found out she was pregnant.
So if that's ur worry,then pls wait till u confirm then u can start. Didn't know u hvnt confirmed dear.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 8:02am On Nov 09, 2021
uwasam:
Omojudy, i sent you an email. Please respond. Thank you.
I responded.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Towerofgrace: 8:42am On Nov 09, 2021
Mamajolly:

Don't worry i don't think it is something you should worry about it, i would say don't stop it unless you check your p4 level 1st but also it good to trust you instincts.

All the best sis, i wish you bfp, trailer load of baby anointing on you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by imsettled2: 11:33am On Nov 09, 2021
Mamajolly:
Mama you can take vit B6 that is what I have been taking since 4days after insemination. I wish you BFP

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Tripletwins222: 4:19pm On Nov 09, 2021
Tripletwins222:
Greetings to all.

Available For Sale:

* Doctors Best High Potency Serrapeptase: 16k
* Xi Xian Cao Chinese Herbs: 11k
* Yi Mu Cao Chinese Herbs: 11k
* Swanson Astagalus root capsules: 6k
* Qunol Ubiquinol(Coq10) 100mg, 60 Capsules: 18k
*Qunol Ubiquinol 200mg+Omega3, 90 Capsules: 25k
* Natures Way Vitex: 5k
* Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test(Smiley Face), 20 Tests: 28k
* Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test(Smiley Face), 10 Tests: 18k
* Clearblue Easy Ovulation Test , 10 Tests + 1 Pregnancy Test: 10k
* Ovulation Predictor Strips, 25 pcs: 5k

If interested in any of the products, please kindly send me a pm.
Thanks.

Available!

(1) (2) (3) ... (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.