Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1283653 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (424) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 8:49am On Nov 10, 2021
Hello mamas,
Egg retrieval done, 12 fertilised. I am supposed to do embryo transfer tomorrow but i have mild OHSS, doctor said we might move the transfer forward if it progresses. cry

Pls who has had this experience ? How did you handle it? Did you go on to have a successful cycle?

Pls your response will be highly appreciated. Thank yiu
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by bimkas(f): 9:41am On Nov 10, 2021
Drink water at least 12 sachets of pure water per day and relax. if you have OHSS don't transfer hold on till the next cycle for your transfer.All the best

author=Fireandice0589 post=107484128]Hello mamas,
Egg retrieval done, 12 fertilised. I am supposed to do an embryo transfer tomorrow but I have mild OHSS, doctor said we might move the transfer forward if it progresses. cry

Pls who has had this experience? How did you handle it? Did you go on to have a successful cycle?

Pls you,r response will be highly appreciated. Thank yiu[/quote]
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by bimkas(f): 9:44am On Nov 10, 2021
Good morning,
Pls who can recommend a good acupuncture in Lagos and how to prepare for embryo transfer.
Thanks in advance
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 1:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
Thank you so much

bimkas:
Drink water at least 12 sachets of pure water per day and relax. if you have OHSS don't transfer hold on till the next cycle for your transfer.All the best

author=Fireandice0589 post=107484128]Hello mamas,
Egg retrieval done, 12 fertilised. I am supposed to do an embryo transfer tomorrow but I have mild OHSS, doctor said we might move the transfer forward if it progresses. cry

Pls who has had this experience? How did you handle it? Did you go on to have a successful cycle?

Pls you,r response will be highly appreciated. Thank yiu
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by swtbiddy(f): 4:36pm On Nov 10, 2021
Good evening everyone. I had a repeat myomectomy last Tuesday in preparation for ivf please when can I start taking serrapeptase to prevent formation of adhesions.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Towerofgrace: 7:53pm On Nov 10, 2021
Fireandice0589:
Hello mamas,
Egg retrieval done, 12 fertilised. I am supposed to do embryo transfer tomorrow but i have mild OHSS, doctor said we might move the transfer forward if it progresses. cry

Pls who has had this experience ? How did you handle it? Did you go on to have a successful cycle?

I had ohss but mine started after transfer I.e late ohss, even though I had a successful cycle it was an unpleasant experience I don’t wish on anyone.

I like that you Dr is considering moving the transfer forward, that will give your body enough time to heal and rest. Ohss is usually aggravated with hcg so chances are that it will get worse if you decide to go ahead with transfer and then get a bfp.

Are your embryos day5 blastocysts?
Though a frozen egg transfer cycle involves additional cost but it is advisable cos even with ohss you will still spend to treat it if you decide to go ahead with ET and the stress on you body and health is not worth it

All the best sis

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Towerofgrace: 8:06pm On Nov 10, 2021
swtbiddy:
Good evening everyone. I had a repeat myomectomy last Tuesday in preparation for ivf please when can I start taking serrapeptase to prevent formation of adhesions.

I think anytime between 4weeks - 6weeks after surgery to let your site heal first before it is administered so it doesn’t interfere with the healing process, you can also include gentle massage Of surgery site after 6weeks nothing too intense ooo pls

I had myomectomy too 6 months before my Ivf cycle, I was considering taking serrapeptase too but ended not taking it and only did gentle self massages occasionally like 1-2months before my ivf cycle.

I wish you all the best sis

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 10:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
Fireandice0589:
Hello mamas,

I don't have experience with ohss. I just want to congratulate you on your good fertilization report. Having 12 embryos is awesome. I hope they all make it to day 5 blastocysts.
I heard coconut water/juice (not the milk, pls) is very good for ohss.

Best of luck sis.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 10:43pm On Nov 10, 2021
Thanks so much for your response. Yes they are 5 day blastocyst. Which is tomorrow. Doc said he will run a scan first, which will determine if we will go ahead or not.

Towerofgrace:

I had ohss but mine started after transfer I.e late ohss, even though I had a successful cycle it was an unpleasant experience I don’t wish on anyone.

I like that you Dr is considering moving the transfer forward, that will give your body enough time to heal and rest. Ohss is usually aggravated with hcg so chances are that it will get worse if you decide to go ahead with transfer and then get a bfp.

Are your embryos day5 blastocysts?
Though a frozen egg transfer cycle involves additional cost but it is advisable cos even with ohss you will still spend to treat it if you decide to go ahead with ET and the stress on you body and health is not worth it

All the best sis
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 4:10am On Nov 11, 2021
Fireandice0589:
Hello mamas,

Could you request freezing of the embryos you wont use? 12 is a lot to just waste and it would be less easy to get high grade eggs as one ages.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 5:47am On Nov 11, 2021
Thank you so much mama. Okay, coconut water duly noted.

Uririandme:

I don't have experience with ohss. I just want to congratulate you on your good fertilization report. Having 12 embryos is awesome. I hope they all make it to day 5 blastocysts.
I heard coconut water/juice (not the milk, pls) is very good for ohss.

Best of luck sis.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 5:49am On Nov 11, 2021
Okay mama, freezing cost is quite high, but we will try our best to do that.

Omojudy:

Could you request freezing of the embryos you wont use? 12 is a lot to just waste and it would be less easy to get high grade eggs as one ages.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 8:20am On Nov 11, 2021
Fireandice0589:
Okay mama, freezing cost is quite high, but we will try our best to do that.

But I think it would still be much cheaper than a fresh cycle should one need to recycle in the future.

Were you on any supplements before the procedure?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 9:03am On Nov 11, 2021
Yes you are right.
Yes they placed me on vit E, folic acid, cyclogest, vasosprin, lupron injection, 2 weeks before my new cycle. Personally I've been on vit E, vit D, omega oil, few months before
Uririandme:

But I think it would still be much cheaper than a fresh cycle should one need to recycle in the future.

Were you on any supplements before the procedure?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
Fireandice0589:
Yes you are right.
Yes they placed me on vit E, folic acid, cyclogest, vasosprin, lupron injection, 2 weeks before my new cycle. Personally I've been on vit E, vit D, omega oil, few months before

Thanks mama. Those ones you took personally few months before the procedure must have contributed immensely. But I must confess that such a fantastic outcome from just these three supplements is mind blowing. Congratulations once again and best wishes in your transfer. It almost seem as if once you make it to the transfer stage with primecare, your bfp is already loading. You're good to go already dear. Baby dust on you.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by swtbiddy(f): 3:02pm On Nov 11, 2021
Thank you ma for the response. I would like to know why you didn't use it. Did you massage with castor oil?
Towerofgrace:

I think anytime between 4weeks - 6weeks after surgery to let your site heal first before it is administered so it doesn’t interfere with the healing process, you can also include gentle massage Of surgery site after 6weeks nothing too intense ooo pls

I had myomectomy too 6 months before my Ivf cycle, I was considering taking serrapeptase too but ended not taking it and only did gentle self massages occasionally like 1-2months before my ivf cycle.

I wish you all the best sis
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 6:50pm On Nov 11, 2021
I was surprised too, because our challenge was male factor, so i didn't really put in lots of effort in taking supplements. My hubby was my main focus

Uririandme:

Thanks mama. Those ones you took personally few months before the procedure must have contributed immensely. But I must confess that such a fantastic outcome from just these three supplements is mind blowing. Congratulations once again and best wishes in your transfer. It almost seem as if once you make it to the transfer stage with primecare, your bfp is already loading. You're good to go already dear. Baby dust on you.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by bimkas(f): 7:21pm On Nov 11, 2021
Good evening,
will be starting treatment this month. Pls, ma is there any supplement apart from folic acid that can help me with frozen embryo transfer.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Towerofgrace: 9:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
swtbiddy:
Thank you ma for the response. I would like to know why you didn't use it. Did you massage with castor oil?

No reason in particular, I was just tired of taking too many drugs and by the time I was ready mentally it was too close to when I started prepping for my ivf cycle plus my Dr did sonohystergram and everything looked good so I was cautious not to do anything to jeopardise the ivf procedure

I didn't use castor oil and for the life of me I can't really remember what I used, I think it was coconut oil cos it was not an intense massage, I was just very gentle on my body all through most importantly I prayyyeeeedddd and made confessions over my body, every drug and every thing else I did
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by whiteMandingo: 6:03am On Nov 12, 2021
Fireandice0589:
Hello mamas,

wow, this is great news, a whooping 12!. were the embies graded? pls pls freeze if you can its about 200k/yr

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 9:33am On Nov 12, 2021
Thanks mama. Our hospital is 300k/yr. Will freeze it o regardless

whiteMandingo:

wow, this is great news, a whooping 12!. were the embies graded? pls pls freeze if you can its about 200k/yr

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by HoneyWholesaler: 5:29pm On Nov 12, 2021
Fireandice0589:
Hello mamas,

12 wow

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fireandice0589: 6:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
Hello mama, pls can i send you an email?
Thanks

Towerofgrace:

No reason in particular, I was just tired of taking too many drugs and by the time I was ready mentally it was too close to when I started prepping for my ivf cycle plus my Dr did sonohystergram and everything looked good so I was cautious not to do anything to jeopardise the ivf procedure

I didn't use castor oil and for the life of me I can't really remember what I used, I think it was coconut oil cos it was not an intense massage, I was just very gentle on my body all through most importantly I prayyyeeeedddd and made confessions over my body, every drug and every thing else I did
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Towerofgrace: 1:12pm On Nov 13, 2021
Fireandice0589:
Hello mama, pls can i send you an email?
Thanks

Pls go ahead ma
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyAD: 5:24pm On Nov 14, 2021
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Omojudy: 5:49am On Nov 15, 2021
Fireandice0589:

Some hospitals are even btw 500k and 800k. Infertility is so expensive!

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by swtbiddy(f): 6:53pm On Nov 15, 2021
Thank you ma for your timely response.
Towerofgrace:

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by waistbead: 7:52pm On Nov 15, 2021
Dear Tutu82,how you doing?sent you a mail.

Wishing those cycling a sticky bean.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 10:31am On Nov 16, 2021
Dear Tutu82, you have been on my mind as well. how are you doing? I hope you saw blendy's post indicating that Prime care may review their price upward by January.

You're in my prayers. Wishing you divine provision and speed. I hope to see you at the pregnancy thread soonest dear. You deserve to be there.

All the best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mimitoosh(f): 1:59pm On Nov 16, 2021
Hello mama,I am here with my second cycle update,sadly it didnt go well as planned,yesterday was supposed to be my retrieval day but I woke up to the news that it wasnt done cos my follicles has turned into cyst,so doctor couldn't retrieve because of the fear of harvesting just one or two which may not be of good quality.To tell you I felt devastated yesterday was an understatement,my first cycle in july,I got 7 good eggs,so this time around I decided to be on q10,vit E and C,folic acid just to improve the quality of my eggs since the first didn't implant.
It's so sad that this cycle had to end this way.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyNeto(f): 11:01am On Nov 17, 2021
Thats very fair, during my cycle 37 were collected and 24 fertilized, we wanted to freeze and they quoted 430k for 6 months :', we had to discard them, how I wish I got a fair price like yours. It pains me anytime I remember it. I just thank God we got twins from the cycle, I don't know what I would I have done if not for God's mercy.(
Fireandice0589:

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyNeto(f): 11:32am On Nov 17, 2021
Hmmmm, my story with medisson, she said I had cyst and that the quality won't be good, that my only option is donor egg. I showed her my amh result that I'm an excessive responder she no gree o,how my right ovary is twisted and can't be accessed, that it's up above my uterus, I went back to omini, he said it's a follicular cyst and that the right ovary was behind my uterus, which can be accessed too, we went ahead to have a successful cycle. Please try and use another hospital in your next cycle. Sorry for your experience.
mimitoosh:
Hello mama,I am here with my second cycle update,sadly it didnt go well as planned,yesterday was supposed to be my retrieval day but I woke up to the news that it wasnt done cos my follicles has turned into cyst,so doctor couldn't retrieve because of the fear of harvesting just one or two which may not be of good quality.To tell you I felt devastated yesterday was an understatement,my first cycle in july,I got 7 good eggs,so this time around I decided to be on q10,vit E and C,folic acid just to improve the quality of my eggs since the first didn't implant.
It's so sad that this cycle had to end this way.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (424) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.