Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,794 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1276786 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyNeto(f): 7:39pm On Jun 14, 2023
Elohorp:
I just started the first phase of IVF treatment,I have been placed on microgynon,2 tablets daily,I had my mock transfer done 2 days ago,was abit painful,all my test results are out everything is good,only thing is that we will have to get sperm though TESA as there is no ejaculation, please has anyone done IVF/ICSI with sperm gotten from Tesa
mama are you sure about the dosage of the microgynon( no vex oh) cos its meant to be one tablet daily.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ufondunenye(f): 5:03pm On Jun 15, 2023
Blendy77:

Since your tubes are open, u may need to work extensively on ur husband's sperm before proceeding on the IVF or even try naturally. Can you think of any change in habit that may have caused his count to redhce drastically like this? Am sure ur Dr will advise u same. Maybe take like three months to work on his sperm while working on yoursef also. 100% abnormal sperm calls for serious cause for concern. Its even possible its what led to the miscarriage cos most early miscarriages like that happen as a result of chromosomal issues which cod hav resulted from poor quality egg or sperm or both. Change diets, habits, and get supplements. Let's kno what d Dr tells u at your nex appointment first then we take it up from then but don't rush into proceeding with IVF without tackling this issue except you are open to donor sperm. All the best
Good evening mummies in the house. We finally met the doctor today, and according to him, all the tests I did, blood tests, hormones, kidney, liver, thyroid, pap smear, everything came out fine, the only thing I have is 2.3 cm fibroid which doesn't pose any threat.

Then my DH test, he prescribed fertilad for him to be taking for three months, then he will come back to repeat the test later. So we are holding on for the IVF for three months so we can know how far.
So please, mummies, is there anything I need to do or take while I await?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by crownandhoney: 4:33pm On Jun 16, 2023
Hi mamas …
Hope we are all good? Me I have been crying since morning o, my doc just told me I need an elective cerclage done. E go cost another 300k. I am 12 weeks bayi, with a twin.
Has anybody done this? How was it?

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by miraclebabyamen: 5:35pm On Jun 16, 2023
Good day Mas.
I have coast science fertile one pc600 for sale. it is newly opened and has 151 capsules (new bottle has 180 capsules). thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Timitoyo: 7:18pm On Jun 16, 2023
crownandhoney:
Hi mamas …
Hope we are all good? Me I have been crying since morning o, my doc just told me I need an elective cerclage done. E go cost another 300k. I am 12 weeks bayi, with a twin.

Ouch that's a lot , pls check any general hospital around you , a family member spent #100k at Epe General Hospital in March for hers . It's very important you do it and fast.

There shall be no loss .

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyNeto(f): 7:38pm On Jun 16, 2023
crownandhoney:
Hi mamas …
i did mine at a general hospital oh, its done under anaesthetia so no pain at all, please try and do it, same twin gestation. Less than 100k

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyNeto(f): 7:39pm On Jun 16, 2023
miraclebabyamen:
Good day Mas.
I have coast science fertile one pc600 for sale. it is newly opened and has 151 capsules (new bottle has 180 capsules). thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 11:32pm On Jun 16, 2023
ufondunenye:

Good evening mummies in the house. We finally met the doctor today, and according to him, all the tests I did, blood tests, hormones, kidney, liver, thyroid, pap smear, everything came out fine, the only thing I have is 2.3 cm fibroid which doesn't pose any threat.

Then my DH test, he prescribed fertilad for him to be taking for three months, then he will come back to repeat the test later. So we are holding on for the IVF for three months so we can know how far.
So please, mummies, is there anything I need to do or take while I await?

U can take cost science or quinol plus while waiting for your husband.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by playces: 8:54am On Jun 17, 2023
Ovofolic or ovacare. U can read up about it

Godsfavor22:
Good Morning Everyone.
so we ve been trying to concieve since 2020 but it never happened, we started with Pregnacare conception but yet nothing happened and we were advised to try tracking at a hospital so as we can get the accurate ovulation and try. During the tracking process we found out that my wife's eggs usually form cysts and do not shed when they are supposed to, so the doctor advised to give her an injection which will trigger the ovulation but still nothing worked and we made up our mind to try the IVF. We read a lot of reviews online and we used Nordica Fertility Treatment. i remember explaining to them our history and they did their own tests and everything, The sperm counts and mortility are good but we usually see cysts on my wifes eggs and they said she would be placed on treatment to help the eggs so we can get better quality eggs and proceed with the ivf ( my wife is under 30 and slim). so she was stimulated and given the meds to take at a specific time everday and we made sure we did everything well. during the egg retrieval we had good eggs according to them and 6 was the best and they went ahead to fertilize the 6 and 4 was doing okay at day 3 but they only transferred back 3 (1 grad 1 and two grade 2 all 8 cells). after the 14 day wait with prayers, it came out negative but the period didn't come till later, we were calling to figure out what we didn't do well but their counternance was just poor, all they said is sometimes things like this happen and that the doctor will call us after two weeks and they didn't call till like the 3rd week, as the doctor was explaining, he said that they eggs they got out was Extremely granulated and we were not lucky. I asked why didn't you say anything when you found out that the eggs were not of good quality and still proceeded with the fertilization and transfer? and how come no one from your clinic has called or reached out since.

so please my questions are How can we improve the Egg quality?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by TwinHeart: 9:49am On Jun 17, 2023
crownandhoney:
Hi mamas …

Elective cerclage is not compulsory if you don’t have history of cervical incompetence even with twin. I know someone that can do it for half the price sha.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Thehomemaker(f): 9:57am On Jun 17, 2023
I think it's better for her to do it with the Dr who already knows her history and the journey so far and it is advised especially with IVF twin conception. The price is high though but God will help and make provision for her by His Grace.

TwinHeart:

Elective cerclage is not compulsory if you don’t have history of cervical incompetence even with twin. I know someone that can do it for half the price sha.

8 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ufondunenye(f): 11:15am On Jun 17, 2023
Blendy77:

U can take cost science or quinol plus while waiting for your husband.
Ok, thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyNeto(f): 11:21am On Jun 17, 2023
TwinHeart:

she mustn’t have a history before going for it, cervical incompetence can develop at any pregnancy, her doctor is in the right position to guide her and I believe he must have checked her cervical length to determine if the benefits out weighs the risk, i didn’t have any history of cervical incompetence but by 12 weeks the cervical length was already at the borderline and as the pregnancy progresses the weight of the babies press more on it.

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ufondunenye(f): 11:23am On Jun 17, 2023
nwaduto:

I know where you can get it in Abuja.
Good morning dear. Please where do I get it in Abuja?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nwaduto: 12:50pm On Jun 17, 2023
Saw this, thought to share, heard it is pocket friendly and promo last till 31st July 2023.

I hope it helps

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 3:04pm On Jun 17, 2023
MummyNeto:
mama are you sure about the dosage of the microgynon( no vex oh) cos its meant to be one tablet daily.
yes that what the doctor put me on,I guess it cause am on the heavy side for weight

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2023
playces:
Ovofolic or ovacare. U can read up about it

doctor told me today not to dare take any supplements or anything,am only allowed folic acid nothing more, daily injections has been strated,Biko who knows the name of the injection that they give daily,I would like to Google about it
And for update on price of IVF in warri what I paid for mine is 1 million,3 hundred and 50 thousand naira,also paid 96 thousand for couples test,paid 40thousand for hsg test

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyNeto(f): 3:21pm On Jun 17, 2023
Elohorp:
doctor told me today not to dare take any supplements or anything,am only allowed folic acid nothing more, daily injections has been strated,Biko who knows the name of the injection that they give daily,I would like to Google about it
And for update on price of IVF in warri what I paid for mine is 1 million,3 hundred and 50 thousand naira,also paid 96 thousand for couples test,paid 40thousand for hsg test
if its the one you inject in the tummy, its buserelin.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsMusty(f): 3:37pm On Jun 17, 2023
Hello everyone. I just had my embryo transfer. The lady asked me to lay down for about fifteen minutes but I really wanted to urinate because my ovaries are still enlarged from the egg retrieval. Long story short, I stood up about 10 minutes after they completed the procedure. I couldn't hold the pee anymore. I was given something to pee in and asked to lie down again. Did I just worsen/ruin my chances? Please help!!!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2023
MummyNeto:
if its the one you inject in the tummy, its buserelin.
yes ma,it was injected into tummy,thank you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
Mummies in the house,am not happy at all,my hubby couldn't produce sample,only few drops of semen come out when he release about 2 drops that's all, finally he produced a amount that was enough to do the test,they saw a sperm count of 26 million, the doctor said it's good sperm count,out of that 26 million sperm,only 4 can move well,the rest are moving their tails on a spot, meaning they are not dead but are not mobile.
Donor is not a option,I can't accept it,so we have been given too options either the select the few good sperms to do ICSI or the go to the testicles in an operation could TESA and collect sperms with an injection to use for the ICSI
The tesa will cost 450 thousand naira, but it's not 100 percent,cause the doctor said disadvantage of the operation is ending up with unmature sperms cell
Please mummies advice me

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Manny24(m): 6:54pm On Jun 17, 2023
I have Intralipid Infusion 100 ml, 250 ml and 500 ml. Contact me on 0-8-1-0-2-8-8-6-5-0-5 (call/WhatsApp) or email manuel.ezeagwu@gmail.com
Regards!

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by HEISGOD: 6:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
This one never expire? Just asking please.

quote author=Manny24 post=123862259]I have Intralipid Infusion 100 ml, 250 ml and 500 ml. Contact me on 0-8-1-0-2-8-8-6-5-0-5 (call/WhatsApp) or email manuel.ezeagwu@gmail.com
Regards! [/quote]

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ufondunenye(f): 8:41pm On Jun 17, 2023
Elohorp:
Mummies in the house,am not happy at all,my hubby couldn't produce sample,only few drops of semen come out when he release about 2 drops that's all, finally he produced a amount that was enough to do the test,they saw a sperm count of 26 million, the doctor said it's good sperm count,out of that 26 million sperm,only 4 can move well,the rest are moving their tails on a spot, meaning they are not dead but are not mobile.
Donor is not a option,I can't accept it,so we have been given too options either the select the few good sperms to do ICSI or the go to the testicles in an operation could TESA and collect sperms with an injection to use for the ICSI
The tesa will cost 450 thousand naira, but it's not 100 percent,cause the doctor said disadvantage of the operation is ending up with unmature sperms cell
Please mummies advice me

This is almost the same case as mine. He was given drugs to take for three months, the IVF we were supposed to do this month was postponed till next three months cos of his case.
So why not allow your hubby to take some fertility drugs to boast his sperm motility and morphology? Except you people are in a haste to undergo the IVF treatment.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 10:46am On Jun 18, 2023
ufondunenye:

This is almost the same case as mine. He was given drugs to take for three months, the IVF we were supposed to do this month was postponed till next three months cos of his case.
So why not allow your hubby to take some fertility drugs to boast his sperm motility and morphology? Except you people are in a haste to undergo the IVF treatment.
it's not something drugs can solve in this case,the sperm count is not low just that they are not good,and most times he can't even bring anything out that's a major issue,this sample just came out by luck and the doctor told us that even after 3months if treatment of the sperm,in slot of cases that there is still no tangible improvement and my IVF process has already started,so can stop, yesterday we just decided that they should collect sperm from the testicles
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 12:09pm On Jun 20, 2023
Manny24:
I have Intralipid Infusion 100 ml, 250 ml and 500 ml. Contact me on 0-8-1-0-2-8-8-6-5-0-5 (call/WhatsApp) or email manuel.ezeagwu@gmail.com
Regards!

It's expired so u shd dash it out to those who need cos no sane company will sell these
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 3:28pm On Jun 20, 2023
Blendy77:

It's expired so u shd dash it out to those who need cos no same company will sell these
what is it even used for
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 4:02pm On Jun 20, 2023
Elohorp:
it's not something drugs can solve in this case,the sperm count is not low just that they are not good,and most times he can't even bring anything out that's a major issue,this sample just came out by luck and the doctor told us that even after 3months if treatment of the sperm,in slot of cases that there is still no tangible improvement and my IVF process has already started,so can stop, yesterday we just decided that they should collect sperm from the testicles

Don't give up on him yet sis. Has he ever taken the fair haven products, especially fertilaid and motility boost. People have testified to these two improving sperm quality and motility. You could read up reviews on them. All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 4:04pm On Jun 20, 2023
MrsMusty:
Hello everyone. I just had my embryo transfer. The lady asked me to lay down for about fifteen minutes but I really wanted to urinate because my ovaries are still enlarged from the egg retrieval. Long story short, I stood up about 10 minutes after they completed the procedure. I couldn't hold the pee anymore. I was given something to pee in and asked to lie down again. Did I just worsen/ruin my chances? Please help!!!

As long as you didn't strain while you were urinating, you've not ruined your chances. Best wishes.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Uririandme: 4:40pm On Jun 20, 2023
Tutu82:

From your mouth to God,s ears @ MineMk.He actually came through for me as we welcomed a set of triplets last month.A few weeks premature but now all out of incubators and thriving.

Wow wow wow!!!!! Saw your comment on the newborn thread and had to search for you. I know it's late already but I must say my own congratulations to you. Congratulations dear. Congratulations for not giving up. Massive Congratulations for your triple blessing. You deserve it. May your joy be full.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 9:27pm On Jun 20, 2023
Elohorp:
what is it even used for

It helps with implantation during ivf. A lot of people with failed cycle, this is about d only different thing some of them took to get result

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lordsinger(m): 8:31am On Jun 21, 2023
Hello house,
Good morning to you all.

I'm a guy in my late twenties, my girlfriend in her early twenties...
We really have a thing for each other, but we discovered we are both of the AS genotype.

Now my question is:
*Can IVF help us get children that will not have the SS gene?
*Can this be done here in Nigeria?
*Is it cost friendly?

Pls I need experienced answers on the above questions urgently, so that a man knows which way to go.
Gracias...

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.