Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,036 members, 7,810,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1276294 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyNeto(f): 9:12pm On Jun 08, 2023
Timitoyo:
https://www.nairaland.com/889053/pregnancy-pregnant-going-through-high/6892

My birth story , it might encourage someone .
what a journey! Your baby is soo adorable. The hand of God is upon her therefore no evil shall come near her. See me smiling back at the baby wink smiley

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Timitoyo: 9:56pm On Jun 08, 2023
MummyNeto:
what a journey! Your baby is soo adorable. The hand of God is upon her therefore no evil shall come near her. See me smiling back at the baby wink smiley

Amen .

Thanks πŸ₯°
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Marchingforward: 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2023
Marchingforward:
Good evening everyone, I have been a silent reader on this plaform. Congratulations to all who have succeeded in this journey. I share in your joy.
I'm encouraged reading how issues and questions are responded to here, indeed I have learnt a lot.
In the same spirit of sisterhood/brotherhood I really need help on what to do concerning my case. I have gone through ivf twice and had miscarriage in the two occasions. The miscarriage happened almost at the same stage between 6 to 7 weeks. Please are there things I need to do differently or drugs to use to help me carry to term. I'm scared of trying again. Any useful info will be greatly appreciated.πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

Please πŸ™ still waiting for responses. Don't read and pass... pleaseeeeπŸ™
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Thehomemaker(f): 10:12am On Jun 10, 2023
Hi Sis, lots of hugs, God will heal your heart and replenish you mightly. can you share a bit more about the protocol you were on for the 2 times, drugs, injections etc that will help mamas know how to respond and advise. thanks

Marchingforward:

Please πŸ™ still waiting for responses. Don't read and pass... pleaseeeeπŸ™
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Xtiana250: 10:52am On Jun 10, 2023
[[
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Marchingforward: 2:39pm On Jun 10, 2023
Thehomemaker:

Hi Sis, lots of hugs, God will heal your heart and replenish you mightly. can you share a bit more about the protocol you were on for the 2 times, drugs, injections etc that will help mamas know how to respond and advise. thanks

Thanks dear. I used long protocol, I was placed on pronatal and duphaston after egg transfer. After pregnancy was confirmed, I was placed on premolut injection weekly... The last one, scan confirmed twins but I eventually lost them. I don't know if oral progesterone (duphaston) is strong enough, I just don't know what could be the problem, the Dr is not giving any reason either.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ufondunenye(f): 3:57pm On Jun 11, 2023
Wow! Good day mummies in the house. I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. Please, I need some advice here.

So, I got married in the year 2020, three months later, I took in, that was 2021 and lost it two months later. Since then, DH and I have been trying to concieve again but it's not forthcoming.

So this year, we decided to try IVF ,and we choose to use Garki hospital here in Abuja ( though I have started the process before I got to know about this thread.) .

So here's the thing, we were asked to do some tests, I have already done hsg and Sono in another hospital last year, so I was asked not to do it again in this particular hospital.
The findings on the hsg result were:
1) bileterally patent fallopian tubes
2) fibroids of 2.3 cm
3) poorly estrogenized endometrium.

My DH also did his SFA at Garki last week and the result came out as follows:
1) motility 10%
2) immotile 90%
3) morphology- abnormal- 100%
Normal -0%
Findings: sperm count within normal range, but with very low motility, poor morphology and lots of debris.

The hospital called me this week that my histology/ cytology results are ready, so we will be meeting the doctor by next week Tuesday to know the way forward.

So please, I really need help from you mummies, please explain my result and that of my DH own to me, what I'm I to expect from the doctor and what and what do I need to ask him when we meet on Tuesday.
Does anyone knows the success rate of IVF at Garki hospital. Please I need lots and lots of explanation, I don't know why I have been anxious ever since I got a call from them this week.
Please Blendy77 and other mummies help me out here. I'm 35yrs while DH is 41yrs.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 7:21pm On Jun 11, 2023
ufondunenye:
Wow! Good day mummies in the house. I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. Please, I need some advice here.

So, I got married in the year 2020, three months later, I took in, that was 2021 and lost it two months later. Since then, DH and I have been trying to concieve again but it's not forthcoming.

So this year, we decided to try IVF ,and we choose to use Garki hospital here in Abuja ( though I have started the process before I got to know about this thread.) .

So here's the thing, we were asked to do some tests, I have already done hsg and Sono in another hospital last year, so I was asked not to do it again in this particular hospital.
The findings on the hsg result were:
1) bileterally patent fallopian tubes
2) fibroids of 2.3 cm
3) poorly estrogenized endometrium.

My DH also did his SFA at Garki last week and the result came out as follows:
1) motility 10%
2) immotile 90%
3) morphology- abnormal- 100%
Normal -0%
Findings: sperm count within normal range, but with very low motility, poor morphology and lots of debris.

The hospital called me this week that my histology/ cytology results are ready, so we will be meeting the doctor by next week Tuesday to know the way forward.

So please, I really need help from you mummies, please explain my result and that of my DH own to me, what I'm I to expect from the doctor and what and what do I need to ask him when we meet on Tuesday.
Does anyone knows the success rate of IVF at Garki hospital. Please I need lots and lots of explanation, I don't know why I have been anxious ever since I got a call from them this week.
Please Blendy77 and other mummies help me out here. I'm 35yrs while DH is 41yrs.

Since your tubes are open, u may need to work extensively on ur husband's sperm before proceeding on the IVF or even try naturally. Can you think of any change in habit that may have caused his count to redhce drastically like this? Am sure ur Dr will advise u same. Maybe take like three months to work on his sperm while working on yoursef also. 100% abnormal sperm calls for serious cause for concern. Its even possible its what led to the miscarriage cos most early miscarriages like that happen as a result of chromosomal issues which cod hav resulted from poor quality egg or sperm or both. Change diets, habits, and get supplements. Let's kno what d Dr tells u at your nex appointment first then we take it up from then but don't rush into proceeding with IVF without tackling this issue except you are open to donor sperm. All the best

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Gratefulheart2(f): 8:45pm On Jun 11, 2023
Good evening house. Please I need help interpreting this result please, I'm begging πŸ™.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ufondunenye(f): 8:51pm On Jun 11, 2023
Blendy77:

Since your tubes are open, u may need to work extensively on ur husband's sperm before proceeding on the IVF or even try naturally. Can you think of any change in habit that may have cause his count to decline? Am sure ur Dr will advise u same. Maybe take like three months to work on his sperm while working on yoursef also. 100% abnormal sperm calls for serious cause for concern. Its even possible its what led to the miscarriage cos most early miscarriages like that happen as a result of chromosomal issues which cod hav resulted from poor quality egg or sperm or both. Change diets, habits, and get supplements. Let's kno what d Dr tells u at your nex appointment first then we take it up from then but don't rush into proceeding with IVF without tackling this issue. All the best
Oh.. thank you so much ma for your response. Honestly, when I saw his result, the first thing that crossed my mind was that miscarriage I had, maybe a chromosomal issue. Maybe we should hold on for the IVF for now, let him treat himself first. I will let you know on the outcome when we meet doctor on Tuesday. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Arabqueen: 9:34pm On Jun 11, 2023
Twinbella:
It still feels like it's unreal.. I finally got my BFP grin smiley smiley after my second ivf. I can't thank God enough. Am super grateful. I also want to thank all the mummies for all the recommendations. God bless you all.
If you are going for ivf, plese try to prepare yourself with fertile one pc 600, vitamin E and D for at least 3months. Include intralipid infusion to your cycle as well. If you have any question, feel free to ask, I will answer as soon as I see them.

Pls mama, did you get your coast science in Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Thehomemaker(f): 7:44am On Jun 12, 2023
Yes, I don't think duphaston is strong enough. A Dr once mentioned to me that it is better used as support and the progesterone injections, more frequently like 2 or 3 weekly may yield better results here. Also consider taking intralipid infusion before embryo transfer, you can ask your Dr about it. mamas here have testified that it is helpful.

All the best Sis..... Lots of hugs

Marchingforward:

Thanks dear. I used long protocol, I was placed on pronatal and duphaston after egg transfer. After pregnancy was confirmed, I was placed on premolut injection weekly... The last one, scan confirmed twins but I eventually lost them. I don't know if oral progesterone (duphaston) is strong enough, I just don't know what could be the problem, the Dr is not giving any reason either.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Xtiana250: 8:45am On Jun 12, 2023
Arabqueen:

Pls mama, did you get your coast science in Nigeria?
Am also looking for Coast science @ softprecious said she got it from ShopRite and I have checked most shoprites in the east but couldn't find it. I contacted @twinbella she advised I order it online .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Marchingforward: 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2023
Thehomemaker:
Yes, I don't think duphaston is strong enough. A Dr once mentioned to me that it is better used as support and the progesterone injections, more frequently like 2 or 3 weekly may yield better results here. Also consider taking intralipid infusion before embryo transfer, you can ask your Dr about it. mamas here have testified that it is helpful.

All the best Sis..... Lots of hugs

Thanks immensely Sis, I sincerely appreciate your response.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by HEISGOD: 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2023
Order from Amazon. That's where I bought mine.

Xtiana250:
Am also
looking for Coast science @ softprecious said she got it from ShopRite and I have checked most shoprites in the east but couldn't find it. I contacted @twinbella she advised I order it online .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Ginaz(f): 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2023
powder dust to everyone. pls what does it mean when your pelvic scan result says "non-homogeneous myometrial echo pattern"?

does it mean anything serious I should be aware?

pls I need answers mamas.. I'm a bit worried.
sabi mamas should tell me what it means.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Xtiana250: 8:36pm On Jun 12, 2023
HEISGOD:

Order from Amazon. That's where I bought mine.

ok dear, thank you very much .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mbok: 11:17pm On Jun 12, 2023
Please my people is a sperm motility of 45%( fast active 35% and sluggish 10%), morphology of 25% normal and total count of 95 million good for IUI? IVF is very expressive now to afford. Please help
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Arabqueen: 9:57am On Jun 13, 2023
mbok:
Please my people is a sperm motility of 45%( fast active 35% and sluggish 10%), morphology of 25% normal and total count of 95 million good for IUI? IVF is very expressive now to afford. Please help
Yes, the active is more than 20 percent, I think it would do, but let other mamas respond.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Arabqueen: 9:59am On Jun 13, 2023
Good morning mamas, please do you know any health store in Nigeria that sells coast science? Shipping from Amazon take 3 weeks, I want it asap. Or if any mama has for sale, kindly help. Thank you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nwaduto: 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2023
Arabqueen:
Good morning mamas, please do you know any health store in Nigeria that sells coast science? Shipping from Amazon take 3 weeks, I want it asap. Or if any mama has for sale, kindly help. Thank you.

I know where you can get it in Abuja.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Xtiana250: 1:44pm On Jun 13, 2023
nwaduto:

I know where you can get it in Abuja.
Sis I sent you a private message pls check your mail .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 12:23pm On Jun 14, 2023
Hi, I hope everyone is doing well,I lost my phone,got a new one been trying to remember my old Gmail password,I couldn't so had to open a new naira land account to join the group again
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 12:24pm On Jun 14, 2023
Softprecious:
thank you ❀️
This was my old account

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 12:29pm On Jun 14, 2023
HEISGOD:
Congratulations ma!!! Princess you are welcome.

quote author=Timitoyo post=123460722]BA! BA! BA!

Praise the Lord as I welcome my baby girl at 7am this morning at the age of 45yrs, 3 months and 14 days via ELCS . She weighed 3.15kg
Congratulations,mine is coming late,but please accept it,I tap into this newborn blessings πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Timitoyo: 12:48pm On Jun 14, 2023
Elohorp:

Congratulations,mine is coming late,but please accept it,I tap into this newborn blessings πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

Amen

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 6:08pm On Jun 14, 2023
I just started the first phase of IVF treatment,I have been placed on microgynon,2 tablets daily,I had my mock transfer done 2 days ago,was abit painful,all my test results are out everything is good,only thing is that we will have to get sperm though TESA as there is no ejaculation, please has anyone done IVF/ICSI with sperm gotten from Tesa

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.