Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1276413 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (422) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 11:38am On Jun 21, 2023
Lordsinger:
Hello house,
Good morning to you all.

I'm a guy in my late twenties, my girlfriend in her early twenties...
We really have a thing for each other, but we discovered we are both of the AS genotype.

Now my question is:
*Can IVF help us get children that will not have the SS gene?
*Can this be done here in Nigeria?
*Is it cost friendly?

Pls I need experienced answers on the above questions urgently, so that a man knows which way to go.
Gracias...
my advice,the both of you should thank God you found this out early and go your separate ways,I know she will cry and you will feel bad, because love is sweet bit I tell you there is no love when the battle will start,IVF is not a playful or joyfull thing,IVF is not an easy thing there is no sane woman that can get pregnant naturally and will choose to go for IVF, and no IVF is not cost friendly at all,me and my hubby are spending close to almost 2 million naira right now for only a circle,do you have that money to spend when you know you don't have a fertilty issue,your in your late 20 she early 20,avoid problem and avoid years of pain and heartache please break up and go your separate ways,to avoid had I know

18 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Chineke667: 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2023
Hello sabi mama's! hope we all are doing great? I need ur sincere suggestions. Between Origene fertility and Regenesis fertility both in Lagos which one is highly rated based on successful ivf. Please I need your help so I can choose the best among the two.

Thanks in anticipation!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 21, 2023
Uririandme:

Wow wow wow!!!!! Saw your comment on the newborn thread and had to search for you. I know it's late already but I must say my own congratulations to you. Congratulations dear. Congratulations for not giving up. Massive Congratulations for your triple blessing. You deserve it. May your joy be full.
Thank you so very much,
they turn one next months.Time just flies.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Timitoyo: 2:47pm On Jun 21, 2023
Tutu82:

Thank you so very much,

Awwww 😍🥰🎊 what cuties they must be now . My 3 weeks old baby is testing my patience 😭😭😭😭🤣🤣 wondering how having 3 at once must have been.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by crownandhoney: 3:06pm On Jun 21, 2023
MrsMusty:
Hello everyone. I just had my embryo transfer. The lady asked me to lay down for about fifteen minutes but I really wanted to urinate because my ovaries are still enlarged from the egg retrieval. Long story short, I stood up about 10 minutes after they completed the procedure. I couldn't hold the pee anymore. I was given something to pee in and asked to lie down again. Did I just worsen/ruin my chances? Please help!!!

I got up almost immediately to go to my waiting room, waited a bit and used the toilet and later laid back, I am 13weeks. Just keep resting and enjoying the two weeks wait.

7 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by crownandhoney: 3:15pm On Jun 21, 2023
MummyNeto:
i did mine at a general hospital oh, its done under anaesthetia so no pain at all, please try and do it, same twin gestation. Less than 100k

Hi sis, So it’s not painful Abi? So were you awake during the procedure? And how did you feel after? Did you leave the hospital same day?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 21, 2023
Timitoyo:

Awwww 😍🥰🎊 what cuties they must be now . My 3 weeks old baby is testing my patience 😭😭😭😭🤣🤣 wondering how having 3 at once must have been.
Timitoyo,at the moment i do not even have patience to be tested so as soon as i say never lose patience i leave them to be nevering like they never nevered before.

Their personalities have developed and they so different.Whether you have one or three the struggle is the same but we all glad they hear no?.

Happy mothering with your little one and may they grow to make you proud.

9 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MummyNeto(f): 4:44pm On Jun 21, 2023
crownandhoney:

Hi sis, So it’s not painful Abi? So were you awake during the procedure? And how did you feel after? Did you leave the hospital same day?
yes i was awake, no pain after as well, you might spot for a few days and nothing more…i was very fit to go next day oh but the consultant said no that he doesn’t want me to go and knack 😂 that was how i ended up staying a week there as he was the only one that can discharge me and he doesn’t come everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 3:02am On Jun 23, 2023
Tutu82:

Thank you so very much,
I tap into the blessing of triplets oh,in Jesus name amen. that's exactly what I want, congratulations ma,my love to your beautiful babies

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 6:13am On Jun 23, 2023
Elohorp:
I tap into the blessing of triplets oh,in Jesus name amen. that's exactly what I want, congratulations ma,my love to your beautiful babies
Amen and Amen.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kayttah(m): 7:15pm On Jun 23, 2023
Hello, guys! Kindly check out this app on your playstore or appstore. The app connects you direct with verified medical practitioners. Below is a case study I wrote on the mobile app.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/173373085/My-CloudClinic-Telemedicine-App
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Sallygal17(f): 10:22am On Jun 25, 2023
Hello everyone am willing to be a Surrogate mother for an intending parent I can b reached by email audusalome02@gmail.com or Whatapp 09066831743 thank you

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsMusty(f): 10:40am On Jun 25, 2023
Uririandme:

As long as you didn't strain while you were urinating, you've not ruined your chances. Best wishes.

Thanks, ma'am. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsMusty(f): 10:42am On Jun 25, 2023
crownandhoney:

I got up almost immediately to go to my waiting room, waited a bit and used the toilet and later laid back, I am 13weeks. Just keep resting and enjoying the two weeks wait.

Thank you so much. I wish you a hitch-free journey.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Yinkaolola: 4:09pm On Jun 25, 2023
Lordsinger:
Hello house,
Good morning to you all.

We really have a thing for each other, but we discovered we are both of the AS genotype.

Now my question is:
*Is it cost friendly?

Pls I need experienced answers on the above questions urgently, so that a man knows which way to go.
Gracias...

I asked a doctor about this and I met a friend whose sister did it with her husband. They have a healthy baby now. What I got is, if you guys don’t have any infertility issues, it will go successful. If you do, you’d have to treat the issues first or just do together. The downside is if the cost, and it’s a downside for people that can’t afford it.

It’s easy for people to tell you guys to break up. In a few years to come, this will be very popular and people that can afford it will be doing it. Since its SS you are avoiding, it can help you choose your baby’s genotype, so that’s a solution. If you can afford it, see an expert. I know the bridge fertility clinic offers this.

It’s okay if you guys break up, you’d save yourself from spending and the stress. But if you think your love is worth it. Fine. Just don’t procreate without doing this. Good luck

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 7:10pm On Jun 27, 2023
Elohorp:
my advice,the both of you should thank God you found this out early and go your separate ways,I know she will cry and you will feel bad, because love is sweet bit I tell you there is no love when the battle will start,IVF is not a playful or joyfull thing,IVF is not an easy thing there is no sane woman that can get pregnant naturally and will choose to go for IVF, and no IVF is not cost friendly at all,me and my hubby are spending close to almost 2 million naira right now for only a circle,do you have that money to spend when you know you don't have a fertilty issue,your in your late 20 she early 20,avoid problem and avoid years of pain and heartache please break up and go your separate ways,to avoid had I know

What kind of advise is this in this modern age and time? Na wa o, its better to remain silent than mislead people o. Is breakup that easy?

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 7:28pm On Jun 27, 2023
Lordsinger:
Hello house,
Good morning to you all.

Now my question is:
*Is it cost friendly?

Gracias...

To avoid kids with SS gene, you can either do IVF with donor AA eggs or if u can afford PGD, she does the IVF with her eggs and before implantation they are checked to get the ones with AA and AS and transfer. This is actually the best option but expesive as cost ranges from N3m-10m. Or better still, she gets pregnant naturally and amniocentesis test is performed from 12-16 weeks to check the gene of the child. After which if SS you are given the option to abort bssed on medical reasons. But then how many abortions will you subject ur wife to if u keep getting SS (though very unlikely sha in most cases)? So ur very best, safest and cheapest option is IVF with donor eggs. She could get a relative with AA to donate for her or do annonymous with the clinic. These days most clinics have made the process quite seemless by getting donors that looks close to the mother. Some even show pictures which you can pick from so the choice is up to you if u really want to go ahead and marry her since you really love her. Just ensure you are conscious of your genenotype and take precautions early on all the choices available to chose from. Normal IVf with donor eggs, with your 1m in places like Abuja you are good to go. Above all praayyy. All the best with your choice.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lordsinger(m): 8:28pm On Jun 27, 2023
When a man knows, He knows...
I was certain she was the one.

I appreciate ur input, but the 3-10m for pgd is much for an only son seeking alot of kids to fill up voids.

I guess I'll have to take the heartbreak and pain now, Hopefully it goes away someday.

Boluwatife...

Blendy77:

To avoid kids with SS gene, you can either do IVF with donor AA eggs or if u can afford PGD, she does the IVF with her eggs and before implantation they are checked to get the ones with AA and AS and transfer. This is actually the best option but expesive as cost ranges from N3m-10m. Or better still, she gets pregnant naturally and amniocentesis test is performed from 12-16 weeks to check the gene of the child. After which if SS you are given the option to abort bssed on medical reasons. But then how many abortions will you subject ur wife to if u keep getting SS (though very unlikely sha in most cases)? So ur very best, safest and cheapest option is IVF with donor eggs. She could get a relative with AA to donate for her or do annonymous with the clinic. These days most clinics have made the process quite seemless by getting donors that looks close to the mother. Some even show pictures which you can pick from so the choice is up to you if u really want to go ahead and marry her since you really love her. Just ensure you are conscious of your genenotype and take precautions early on all the choices available to chose from. Normal IVf with donor eggs, with your 1m in places like Abuja you are good to go. Above all praayyy. All the best with your choice.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Lordsinger(m): 8:35pm On Jun 27, 2023
It's not so easy trust me.
We've talked about this, we know the implications if we continue.
But then, I feel our bond getting stronger ever since we found out we shouldn't BE.

That's why I'm here seeking advice,
I don't know what I feel lately, if it's love, pity or undiscovered emotion.

Elohorp:

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 1:32pm On Jun 28, 2023
Blendy77:

What kind of advise is this in this modern age and time? Na wa o, its better to remain silent than mislead people o. Is breakup that easy?
it seems your a novice abi, have you gone through IVF process,have you spent money on this,I don't think so,if you have I think you will have enough sense not to advice 2 young people with no fertility problem to go on such a journey,na WA oh,you should keep silent,close your mouth if you don't have good advice don't just talk cause you feel like talking

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 1:37pm On Jun 28, 2023
[quote author=Lordsinger post=124073736]It's not so easy trust me.
We've talked about this, we know the implications if we continue.
But then, I feel our bond getting stronger ever since we found out we shouldn't BE.

That's why I'm here seeking advice,
I don't know what I feel lately, if it's love, pity or undiscovered emotion. My dear please let go,this is the same advice I would give to my brother and if the girl were my sister I will also give her the same advice,short time pain is better than a lifetime of sorrow,my uncle had 7 as children,spent all his life savings trying to keep them alive but not even one is alive today and I have to tell you the truth IVF is not 100 percent,let's say you save 1.3 million then you went for ivf,she might not get pregnant that first time,so that money is gone you have to go and find another million again for another IVF again,what kind of love will you be feeling then,then not to talk of the emotional trauma,am currently doing IVF,I Know what am going through emotionally,my dear I advice you as a sister,let go time will heal you,don't let yourself suffer in the future

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 1:46pm On Jun 28, 2023
I stopped microgynon a few days again, strated some other tablets I was given,I don't know what the are,does anyone have any idea if their names, and still going to the hospital for daily injections, please am I supposed to see my period after stopping the microgynon pills??
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Timitoyo: 1:55pm On Jun 28, 2023
Elohorp:
I stopped microgynon a few days again, strated some other tablets I was given,I don't know what the are,does anyone have any idea if their names, and still going to the hospital for daily injections, please am I supposed to see my period after stopping the microgynon pills??

Btw 2-5 days once you stop .

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 1:58pm On Jun 28, 2023
Timitoyo:

Btw 2-5 days once you stop .
thank you, Please during egg retrieval will I be awake or do they put to sleep,I want to know in advance
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Timitoyo: 5:02pm On Jun 28, 2023
Elohorp:
thank you, Please during egg retrieval will I be awake or do they put to sleep,I want to know in advance

You won't be awake
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 5:42pm On Jun 28, 2023
Elohorp:
it seems your a novice abi, have you gone through IVF process,have you spent money on this,I don't think so,if you have I think you will have enough sense not to advice 2 young people with no fertility problem to go on such a journey,na WA oh,you should keep silent,close your mouth if you don't have good advice don't just talk cause you feel like talking

Thank you Madam. Marriage for you is all about reproduction, giving birth and then what next? The kids grow up and leave and the man starts sleeping around because he realized he was forced to marry someone he doesn't love to avoid having kids with SS genotype for minor stuff that medical innovations can take care of. I haven't done ivf before so I don't kno the cost abi? Continue deceiving young people with your mentality n mindset. The guy has been advised so it's left for him to make up his mind and take a decision if he truly loves the lady in question but stop telling him there's no solution to the problem except seperation cos that is where you got it wrong. Someone who has not even done one egg recovery to kno if they put you to sleep or not during the process is telling me I don't kno the cost of IVf. You must be a novice in this matter and also this group. Continue with your archaic advice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 4:39am On Jun 29, 2023
Blendy77:

Thank you Madam. Marriage for you is all about reproduction, giving birth and then what next? The kids grow up and leave and the man starts sleeping around because he realized he was forced to marry someone he doesn't love to avoid having kids with SS genotype for minor stuff that medical innovations can take care of. I haven't done ivf before so I don't kno the cost abi? Continue deceiving young people with your mentality n mindset. The guy has been advised so it's left for him to make up his mind and take a decision if he truly loves the lady in question but stop telling him there's no solution to the problem except seperation cos that is where you got it wrong. Someone who has not even done one egg recovery to kno if they put you to sleep or not during the process is telling me I don't kno the cost of IVf. You must be a novice in this matter and also this group. Continue with your archaic advice.
your very stupid for you to bring my question about my procedure into this matter,if your a witch it won't work for you,na fire go burn you

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Elohorp(f): 4:42am On Jun 29, 2023
Blendy77:

u have given him my advice and I stick with it if you like run your mouth na your business,the same advice I will give my own brother and my own child is what I gave to him,it's up to him,do if you like carry my advice as your problem,na your business,you want to use the life of people not yet born to suffer sickle cell madam,the blood of those kids will drag you wherever you are

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by waistbead: 7:16am On Jun 29, 2023
Elohorp:

Na true talk !

Person wey no know person dey call am em friend!

SMH..

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mimitoosh(f): 10:45am On Jun 29, 2023
Elohorp:
your very stupid for you to bring my question about my procedure into this matter,if your a witch it won't work for you,na fire go burn you

Hey what's going on here,I am sure your are new here cos if you are not,you would understand that energy such as this is not welcome in this thread,like do we have to go so low to the point of insulting ourselves cos we don't agree on an issue?
This right here is not nice,blendy is one person who has been of help and has contributed so much to women in this thread,so i would advise you please stop all this name calling.....We nor go de find pikin and we de talk like this to our fellow woman,let love lead....peace.

13 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by jenifer007: 10:47am On Jun 29, 2023
Blendy77:

Honestly speaking you must be a very heartless person in real life.Why will you encourage a young man that's AS to go ahead with a partner that's also AS.Yes love is beautiful but that doesn't mean one should be stupid to fall into a life of regret

Even the bible made it clear that there's a way that seems right in the sight of man but the end is destruction.

And yes the other lady is right by saying separation is the only solution.

And it was unnecessary of you to attack her cos she asked a question about the egg removal procedure.

Whether you like or not children are part of the ingridents of marriage especially in Africa

If procreation wasn't necessary, God wouldn't have said we should be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Timitoyo: 11:32am On Jun 29, 2023
jenifer007:

Honestly speaking you must be a very heartless person in real life.Why will you encourage a young man that's AS to go ahead with a partner that's also AS.Yes love is beautiful but that doesn't mean one should be stupid to fall into a life of regret

Even the bible made it clear that there's a way that seems right in the sight of man but the end is destruction.

And yes the other lady is right by saying separation is the only solution.

And it was unnecessary of you to attack her cos she asked a question about the egg removal procedure.

Whether you like or not children are part of the ingridents of marriage especially in Africa

If procreation wasn't necessary, God wouldn't have said we should be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth.

Science has gone beyond As being an issue in marriage. I agree if not we'll handled , it can be the biggest undoing of the couple's life. The young man who seek counsel has the knowledge of by-passing the evils of AS via IVF. Now we were supposed to state the pros and cons of the decision.Before now , HIV patients would have been afraid to marry not to talk of having children but I have seen ( close family member) who had 2 kids despite living with HIV. The kids are free from it. I also know someone who called off an engagement because of blood group issue , she is married now to someone else with 3 kids but not happy. Science is here to make our lives better .

Pls , let's air our view without name calling or condemning the view of the other person. I come in peace ✌️

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (422) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.