Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1279500 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 8:49pm On Aug 17, 2012
hi all ttc ladies, pls need some wrds of encouragement, been ttc for over 2yrs and had first ivf this april but i just suffered a miscarriage after this first attempt. am so depressd cos we paid all out of pocket and my tubes are blocked we used bridge. am so low at the moment how do we nw save up for anoda. blendy 77 and psm23 am encouraged by you both. congrats bleny on ur preg. can u send me ur email. baby dust to all. its been a rollercoaster.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsM: 11:42pm On Aug 17, 2012
pslm23 i"m so sorry you're going through this! YOu've been such an inspiration to me. The Devil is a liar! I agree with the poster who says you should look into TESE(Testicular Sperm Extraction). Hopefully it will work for you! Dont worry. You're not barren. And you will surely carry your kids one day soon by Gods grace!

I'm just starting this IVF journey....we're using St Ives Hospital in Ikeja. Hopefully we'll do the IVF/ICSI by October. Has anyone used this hospital before?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 19, 2012
I hardly read anybody write about IUI, is that method not usefull?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 10:29pm On Aug 19, 2012
IUI is also useful but I personally haven't heard anyone say they became positive from It. Most of my friends that did iui ended up doing IVF after several negative results. It's actually far cheaper than IVF and less invasive but the success rate in NAIja is very low even in cases of unexplained infertility.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 7:26am On Aug 20, 2012
blendy hw is ur pregnancy going? i stay in the north so using dr emeka is far. needing some poitive vibes? y is it so easy for others to fall pregnant like that. it seems so unfair. pls do u think or know anyone who has used fellopio to unblock tubes? does it wrk?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by nenepea(f): 9:58am On Aug 20, 2012
Pslm23, since I read yur post, I have felt so sad becos I have followed yur thread from the very beginning. You've been an inspiration to me and I feel so sad at the lie that the devil is trying to sow. But I know that there's nothing impossible for God to do so don't give hope. The lord is yur strength and you will indeed come back here to testify of God' goodness to you and yur family. My prayers are wit you. God bless you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2012
Oviasouth, I also thought of using felopio but later changed my mind when I couldn't find anyone who used it successfully. I had a thread on solution to blocked tubes and a lot of people came up with some meaningful suggestions including flushing so you can go through that thread in your spare time but I can't tell if anyone of them really works cos I got pregnant thru IVF after doing the flushing stuff as well. Am really not advertising Dr Emeka to you o, if u got pregnant with Bridge in the North, my sister, stick with them cos it's always better to go where works for you. Bridge has a good success rate, it's just their procedure and policies am against.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 12:45pm On Aug 21, 2012
@blendy77, thank you so much. was ur flushing successful? its one thing to be successful and not get pregnant naturally and another thing for the flushing not to be successful. was it flushed open in ur case/ even if u conceived via ivf? the policy in bridge dat i dont like is the replacing of max.2 embryos. i wish it could be at least 3 but they refused. does dr emeka put back more than 2?which other policies do u consider too stringentin bridge? it will help me make up my mind. if i may ask have u ever used frozen embryos for an FET cycle?rather than starting afresh each time.thanks. hope the twins r bouncing
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 11:18pm On Aug 21, 2012
I can't tell if ithe flushing was successful as I didn't go for hsg afterwards. The Dr only told me it will be open since it was just peri fimbrai adhesions (end tail of the tubes adhesions) I had. Tried naturally for like 6 months and had to embrace IVF again when somehow from nl became positive with bridge. Most of the policies they have which I don't buy
1.) no follicle monitoring till day 10 of stimming 2.) no transfer of more than 2 embryos 3.) no consistency with drs as i met like 4 different drs with my 2weeks of stimming, collection and transfer, in all my visits, I never met the md once. Was told he attends to special Clients only. 4.) I had hyperstimulation becos I wasn't monitored on time so had difficulty in walking cos of my potruding tummy yet 30mins after collection a nurse was seriously trying to wake me up from my semi-conscious state that I have to leave because they have another collection and they don't have enough room to keep patients. Even when they were able to call my hubby to come pick me up, none of the staff assisted me into the car except a security man who saw that my hubby alone couldn't carry me cos I was drowsy and throwing up in the premises. I was rushed to my company's clinic from there when our resident Dr heard what happened and how I wasnt conscious. A female Dr with Bridge later called like 2 days after to apologize and asked me to come for them to examine me that they were informed of my condition. 5.) on the day of transfer, i was told after about an hr of transfer that they close at 5 pm on Saturday so I have to wait for my hubby outside. (mind you I still wasn't well and only just did transfer an hr ago). In fact they were even contemplating not doing the transfer due to my condition of ohss cos they felt I couldn't handle it but I wanted to get the whole horror done with hence I insisted on bearing the pain and going ahead with the day 5 transfer. The other option would have been to freeze it till am ok but didn't want frozen embry transfer so I left my admission bed and went ahead with the transfer. Finally 3 months after, the md dr ajayi called to apologize on behalf of the clinic after they called to enquire when I'll be coming for a second cycle since the First one turned negative after all the trauma. My sister, pls tell me how I can recommend anyone to this clinic after this kind of treatment. Even my 8 blastocyte grade ab that was left after the transfer, I told them to discard it cOs I didn't want anythg to take me there again. Am happy God crowned my effort with success when I returned to George's 4 months after and gOt a positive result.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 9:08am On Aug 22, 2012
@blenddy 77, it must have been horrible. i can understand. thank God at last. am thinking if i have to switch clinics hope i wnt rerun all the tests ve done with bridge as i still have the result. will the new clinic accept them and go on to the procedure proper? and what is ur view about FET. do u think it can be successful in Naija? coz my previous cycle i discarded all other embryos. i wnt want to do that again, if i freeze sme, subsequent procedure will be easier. but will it be worth it from ur findings as i heard it's a lower success rate.do pple blve in FET in our country? thanks again.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 9:15am On Aug 22, 2012
@blendy77 sorry wanted to add, how many embryos did u transfer this time. do u think he can transfer like 3 for us if we use dr emeka.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 10:31am On Aug 22, 2012
thanks so much blendy. h&h 9 mnths.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 11:34am On Aug 23, 2012
oviasouth: hi all ttc ladies, pls need some wrds of encouragement, been ttc for over 2yrs and had first ivf this april but i just suffered a miscarriage after this first attempt. am so depressd cos we paid all out of pocket and my tubes are blocked we used bridge. am so low at the moment how do we nw save up for anoda. blendy 77 and psm23 am encouraged by you both. congrats bleny on ur preg. can u send me ur email. baby dust to all. its been a rollercoaster.
so sori about this. i guess u used d brigde in kaduna. hope the staff there are nice and not like lagos that blenddy used. am in the north too,will be using brigdes. take a nice rest .
God will surprise u n giv u d strentgh to go on. my first ivf failed at 3wks. its almost a yr n i cantget it off my mind.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 4:25pm On Aug 23, 2012
@venus, yes i used bridge. they r nicw in kad. if u wld use dem again, they r leaving kad coz of the volatile city. so where do u want to do it? tink i heard oct. will b deir last cycle in kd. where was ur first ivf done? did dey give u a reason for failure?

@blendy77, my sis. hw r u doing nd d babies? pls wats ur take on FET? have u done any fet cycle?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 4:53pm On Aug 23, 2012
ohoh. leaving? to where?they shouldnt not yet. im planning to start the procedure thia month end God's willing. i did the first one at nat. hospital abj. no i was nt given any reason for the failure. do u have any frozen embies? just have faith urs will be succesful.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 8:40am On Aug 24, 2012
@venuss, if ur starting this month end then i dnt think u will have a problem. their last cycle is in october. no i dnt ve frozen embys coz dey dnt ve storage facility in kaduna. wishing u all the best in ur upcoming cycle.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 5:29pm On Aug 24, 2012
@ blendy, tnks for ur reply on frzen emby's. but what of d cost of preserving? bridge cost is 130k for 3 mnths and if u intend leaving ur's at george's for abt a yr, hw much wld u ve paid/ plus the cost of the FET itself. its like a fresh one if nt more dan.anyway sure u r cincentratig on d twins atd moment.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 10:17pm On Aug 24, 2012
I have never used frozen embies but I still have some preserved in GeorgeS befor I left for bridge. Its about 250k for 6months and 50k thereafter every month. Embryo freezing is an expensive biz in naija
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mom2be: 4:05pm On Aug 25, 2012
hi blendy77 and other ladies, greetings i bring to you all. i am 32yrs and live in lagos, we have been trying for 2 yrs now, blendy77 i want to aask you which ivf protocol you used as in which drugs were you given and i want to find out from ladies in the house that live in lagos does anybody know if nordica in ikoyi is good for ivf. Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 4:02am On Aug 26, 2012
Welcome onboard. I used suprefact for down reg as in day 21 of ur period, fostimon for stimmi and cyclogest supersitory as progesterone. Haven't used Nordica b4 so can't tell but will also like to encourage other people who have used them to share their experience.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Echala: 11:33am On Aug 26, 2012
Hi Blendy 77, congratulations on your twins, i have read all your post and think youre a very strong woman, may God bless you. I just had an IUI done at George's which didn't work, I remembered what you said that you've never seen anyone with a positive IUI result in Nigeria, wonder why they recommend it to people then. Am so tired in this journey, dr can't even say what wrong with me or DH all test show we are both perfect.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 9:00am On Aug 27, 2012
@blendy, it must have been so painful for ur friend having a bfn after everything. may God console her and give her the strength to move on.hw r ur twins?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 9:06am On Aug 27, 2012
@blendy, do u ve hysterescopy prior to ur subsequent ivf cycles or u just go on with it without this procedure?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 11:22pm On Aug 27, 2012
I had hysterioscopy prior to this cycle so had it done just once. It's just a. Simple procedure to check the inside of the uterus. Although u'll be sedated due to pains. Baby dust to you all. My twins are fine and am beginning to feel little kicks, they are all grown now and by my next appointment in 2 weeks my Doc promised to check their sex. Really can't wait even though I know it won't any difference to how I love them. Just curious! Been praying for a boy/girl or 2girls and hubby is been praying for 2boys. Infact he keeps dreaming his 2boys so we're waiting to see whose prayers God will answer. Lol, really funny as if we requested for a particular sex when trying. Then we prayed for anyone. See how prayer request has changed a nd we are now Oliver twist, asking for more.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 9:05pm On Aug 28, 2012
Blendy77 am so happy for you oo,soon we will be rejoicing with you on the arrival of your angels,i pray 4 us still trying to have our heart desire soon.loads and loads of baby dust to us all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 3:54am On Aug 30, 2012
God will do it for all of us still in His waiting room. His word said none sha be barren in the land so keep the faith. A colleague of mine gave birth to twins last week, a boy and a girl after 8yrs of marriage. Can't tell if its ivf as no one talks about it when it becomes positive but who cares anyway. When u see those little angels, u can't but love them and praise God for removing one more person from ttc club. We thank God!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 9:01pm On Aug 30, 2012
my sister na true oo nobody want to talk about it and i think is just naija attitude about so many things especially this ttc issue may God help us sha.am also having the same problem a friend of mine is also having ttc issue even though she had a daughter about nine years ago but we talk a lot the last time we spoke i thought i should tell her what we are about to do (ivf)may be she can also av a try if she is not already trying,but something keeps telling me that she might go and tell another person as it has happen to someone close to me before i pray God bless us all with our heart desire soon.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 6:45pm On Aug 31, 2012
thanks blendy77 i will do just.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.