Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? (31735 Views)

Drinking Garri: Who Else Will Never Stop Enjoying This Food? / Help! I Can't Stop Drinking Tin Milk Everyday / Five Reasons You Must Stop Drinking Garri Before 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by ruggedtimi(m): 6:08pm On Jun 23, 2023
We drink borehole water in my family ...since I was born.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Westerhoffe(m): 6:08pm On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:

I didn't say the taste of our water is bad. I said the tank is uncovered and I wouldn't know if they didn't cover it because of the float switch. Thanks for reminding me of the name.

Black colour blocks sunlight and prevents the growth of algae. True!!

OK…
Noted.
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by 43Ronin: 6:09pm On Jun 23, 2023
you drank borehole water without boiling? I am sure this is one of the reasons why infertility is an issue in Nigeria now. The only tap-water I drank was from water board and that's because its treated before it comes out from the tap. If you drinking borehole water in lagos you are drinking latrine. Pure water and borehole water, no difference
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by EmmyDJourno: 6:11pm On Jun 23, 2023
Na once you go sick before you stop am
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Lookingback: 6:11pm On Jun 23, 2023
tosyne2much:
Who told you people have stopped drinking borehole/tap water?

Click like if you still dey drink borehole/tap water cheesy

I still drink my borehole water. I have even booked an apprentice plumber to come and wash the tank tommorw.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by fortunez1(m): 6:11pm On Jun 23, 2023
Part of pocket drain for the bread winner but yet will say it's for the sake of prevention of typhoid.
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Graficient: 6:17pm On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:
Sequel to this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/7739156/increase-price-water

I still drink from my borehole. But I fetch it directly into kegs through a tap I connected as I am pumping the water. I don't drink from one stored in the tanks because the tank is not washed regularly. Although the water is always better during the dry season when the water table is not so high

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Curious345: 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2023
Lot is feaces fluid have taken over the under water table

1 Like

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Maysdevices(f): 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2023
SerikiFulani:
Please change the headline to -

Why did "Poor Nigerians" stop drinking tap/borehole water? 😏

Ain't never drank that shit all ma life 🙂
E shock me 😮
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by RoadMozart(m): 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2023
It depends on the environment and level of pollution. I still drink borehole water and even river water at times.

The water here is clean

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Bodexinvest: 6:19pm On Jun 23, 2023
Water from borehole need to be treated actually.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Maysdevices(f): 6:20pm On Jun 23, 2023
NOwazobia:
Make I sign attendance before front page go full.

Seriously, Tap water was luxury then.

I drank Well water while growing up.

After many years, we only switched to Tap water when we saw that a sheep accidentally fell and died in one of the wells we sometimes drink from.

Fortunately, I have never been admitted in the hospital, or have any serious ailment all my life.

But woke has now happened to me, and I have to spend 250 to 300 naira twice every month to purchase a bag of unpure water, as you called it.
😮😮😮😮
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by kingreign(m): 6:22pm On Jun 23, 2023
I still drink tap water supplied by FCT WATERBOARD in my house. My pipes are clean and has no crack or exposure.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by carl90(m): 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2023
I drink tap water both at home and at my workplace.
I have a strong immune system though.
So,I don't know the capability of the other person 's immune system

"Man,know thyself"
Cicero

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Elliotwaveforec: 6:33pm On Jun 23, 2023
My borehole water anytime! So fresh and clean. I don't even drink the so-called pure water (satchet water).

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Sofistcatdmoron: 6:34pm On Jun 23, 2023
tosyne2much:

Typhoid is smiling at you grin
Continue
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by anyilalaz: 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2023
For Job reason, I relocated with my family to another city. As such, we were buying Sachet water from a water factory within the neighborhood. As a regular customer that buys close to six bags every week, one day I was opportune to enter inside the factory and behold it was a big turn off. No standard purification process, algae and leakages are doing national competition on the PVC pipes instead of seeing Stainless steel piping. Only what was available was ordinary rope filter.
That day, my family stopped drinking sachet water. we now drink from the borehole in the compound. Three years now no issue.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by lexy2014: 6:38pm On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:
Sequel to this thread

Some folks drink from well
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by MorataFC: 6:39pm On Jun 23, 2023
There are many diseases now which are not common in those days
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by lexy2014: 6:41pm On Jun 23, 2023
SerikiFulani:
Please change the headline to -

Why did "Poor Nigerians" stop drinking tap/borehole water? 😏

Ain't never drank that shit all ma life 🙂

Which one is "poor nigerians"?
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Bellotelli: 6:47pm On Jun 23, 2023
We have clean tap water here in Abuja. I prefer it more than the so called pure water

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by OvertheTop(m): 6:48pm On Jun 23, 2023
3RNEST:
Drink sickness grin

if you go and check how Pure Water Factories operate:

it's just Borehole to like 2 or 3 Water filters to Nylon.

this can be Achieved by individuals

simple
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by ehikwe22: 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:
I sometimes see our favourite Batch 22, Stream 2021 UK japarians talk about how it was a culture shock for them to see people in UK drinking tap water...

Awww,rich kid!!!
Most Europeans don't drink tap water. I've seen it discussed in numerous forums and in countries I've visited, it's always bottled water
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by ehikwe22: 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2023
Isn't the answer obvious? Really?
What water do the Amazonians drink? Can you drink them?

What water do the rural riverine Ijaws that live in the ocean drink? Can you drink them? I won't say more than this but the answer is obvious
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Blackdisciple(m): 7:06pm On Jun 23, 2023
First no tap water anymore, last I saw tap water was when I was a kid back in Jos...

Secondly drinking borehole water depends on the area eg Epe, igando, some parts of North..

OP we drink satched water and bottle water as I said depend on the area...
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by sukkot: 7:18pm On Jun 23, 2023
open defecation into the water system

1 Like

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by eepeepook: 7:18pm On Jun 23, 2023
OP na trenches boy. All this sufferhead life dey sweet am.

Right from childhood, we always bought water from mobile tanks. When my father started buying houses, it became mandatory for borehole installations before moving in. Today, we boil the water first before usage. Since waiting for the water to cool before storing in the freezer took a while, we opted to purchase a water dispenser. Fresh drinking water now available from the tap or the machine.

Nothing concern person with the recent cost of water. We sealed off the pipe leading to the government water board. That thing only came alive once a month.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Hsurdluxury: 7:27pm On Jun 23, 2023
the same purewater that have same taste with borehole water,i will rather fetch water from my kitchen tap than drink water from nylon

the same purewater that causes itching.
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by miketayo(m): 7:30pm On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:

Why does it have taste?
I am also guilty myself and it is because the tank is open. I don't know if it is because of the wire that runs into it or something else.

your reason is very valid, why is the tank open
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by okoroemeka(m): 7:30pm On Jun 23, 2023
tosyne2much:

Stop generalising.. Just say you don't drink it in your own house

I am doubtful if there is still any town in Nigeria with taps running water from state water corporation,when we are growing up in the 80s in enugu we use to bath in shower and wash plates in the sink in a two storey building but the water pressure flows steady day and night for months with non stop electricity,how do we came to this level in Nigeria ?it is possible that a whole generation of children will never taste the bubbly refreshing chlorine treated water from water corporation,very sad,there was once a country.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Solsix(m): 7:41pm On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:
Sequel to this thread

What is this one saying. We still dey drink tap water for my house
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:42pm On Jun 23, 2023
Me i dey boil my water, filter or no filter
Been doin it for years now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Name One Thing You Don't Eat / Firearm's Kitchen / The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.