Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? (31739 Views)

Drinking Garri: Who Else Will Never Stop Enjoying This Food? / Help! I Can't Stop Drinking Tin Milk Everyday / Five Reasons You Must Stop Drinking Garri Before 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by yom2(m): 8:13pm On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:
Sequel to this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/7739156/increase-price-water

they are just being extra careful cos prevention is better than cure. Growing up as a teenager back then I know how many of my peers who succumbed to what will be later diagnosed as typhoid.. that was the period when people started migrated from ice water to boiled water to pure water and now bottle water
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Osanoghodua1: 8:18pm On Jun 23, 2023
Op, the second picture looks Guinness Benin, the back. By the grace of God, I still drink tap water. Benin City has one cleanest underground water. They have the best sachet water in Nigeria.
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by ultimateprof: 8:30pm On Jun 23, 2023
Being a good business man, I know how much that I have saved due to the life style of drinking tap water in my house.
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by vickthourh(m): 8:35pm On Jun 23, 2023
I still drink my borehole water,..
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by ukaface(f): 8:43pm On Jun 23, 2023
I can’t speak for others but for my family.
When you keep frequenting hospital for typhoid, then no one will tell you
First we went from boiling the tap water then adding water guard but then the taste wasn’t welcoming, then finally switched to pure water.
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Lexusgs430: 8:43pm On Jun 23, 2023
Why would I poison myself with cold tea........ 😂😜
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by hotplate: 8:46pm On Jun 23, 2023
ontop the sachet water self some persons would still tell you they only drink a particular brand for instance in this Benin I know of someone who told me she only Drinks Notre Dam or Eva water anything else according to her she would get sick.. I believe too much forming na watin bring all that nonsense
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by CrownOfClay724: 8:47pm On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:

Why does it have taste?
I am also guilty myself and it is because the tank is open. I don't know if it is because of the wire that runs into it or something else.

The wire is probably connected to a float switch.
It automatically switches off the pumping machine when the water is full.

Water tanks are best left opened, or covered with a mesh.
It allows trap gases out and prevent smells and tastes.
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by gfullmoon(m): 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2023
As funny as it may sound, most of the so called satchet "pure water" are from the same poorly managed Tap or Borehole. God is our only saviour!

1 Like

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by saysoo: 9:03pm On Jun 23, 2023
pocohantas:
Sequel to this thread

I still do,we fetch from Winners Chapel and drink like that, some fetch from Shell and drink like that. Those who drink sachet water are mainly from local eateries and job men and women them
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by PecE2Make: 9:04pm On Jun 23, 2023
Point of correction, Nigerians has never stop drinking tap water. That's what I drink everyday and nothing does happen.
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Midex88(m): 9:16pm On Jun 23, 2023
Even rain water sef... Hit like if you follow drink rain water back in the days...

1 Like

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Aarenasbaba(m): 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2023
In ogun state…. Water corporation is not functioning, it’s very difficult for people to trust any water coming from the tap
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by OyinO: 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2023
OP, where did you generate this hypothesis from? I don't drink your impure pure water o. I drink clean tap water always.
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by cyprianken: 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2023
And the table abi pure water is gotten from

Lot is feaces fluid have taken over the under water table [/quote]
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by imagrg(m): 9:25pm On Jun 23, 2023
I drink clean and tasteless water.

My borehole water is ok.
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by harmony75: 9:36pm On Jun 23, 2023
My borehole water is fresh that's drinking water. All these bottle water and pure water company it is borehole water!
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by KingCold: 9:39pm On Jun 23, 2023
TERMlNATOR:
Meanwhile, South AIDSfricans are still drinking blue waters grin grin grin grin grin

Wannahowzit, kingcold, jaceblaze
Lol, You have no idea how utterly dumb you sound cool

1 Like

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by africandollar: 10:31pm On Jun 23, 2023
The State Water Board/Corporations were fully functional those days of which my Dad rose to be one of the top managers but today these institutions are moribund, I think you should start our investigation from there.
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Emperorx: 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2023
[ The first time i was down with typhoid and hospitalised was because of borehole water i was taking in my office quote author=pocohantas post=123986571]Sequel to this thread

[/quote]
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Krexpah(m): 10:36pm On Jun 23, 2023
Water me I still drink today lol
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Ochyes: 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2023
I still drink bore hole water
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Sunisonflex39(m): 11:10pm On Jun 23, 2023
Even rain water..

Back then when it is raining heavily, my dad will carry bucket and keep on top a high table in the middle of the compound so the rain water falls into the bucket directly from the cloud..e no-go touch zinc o..

That was our drinking water during the rainy season then..

Funny as it is, we never got sick from that..
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by niri(m): 11:47pm On Jun 23, 2023
Most people are shifting from drinking tap water bcoz most water formations (aquifer/ground water) has been polluted. The safest borehole must be 200ft from the nearest septic tank (suck away). Example is, take water from a borehole in Asaba and water from River Niger take it to the lab u will discover that River Niger has infiltrate Asaba water formation so d water in Asaba bore is same as polluted river Niger water
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Goalnaldo(m): 3:33am On Jun 24, 2023
I still drink borehole water till tomorrow.
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Felicity001(m): 6:23am On Jun 24, 2023
pocohantas:

Why does it have taste?
I am also guilty myself and it is because the tank is open. I don't know if it is because of the wire that runs into it or something else.

U this girl lol .. which wire
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by TemmyT002(m): 6:48am On Jun 24, 2023
Lmao
Who told you they stopped?
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Ten06(m): 6:57am On Jun 24, 2023
Nigeria has stopped drinking tap water because there are now too many septic tank and too many graves sipping shit and contaminated water into the ground. As a result, most of the borehole water from the ground is now contaminated with bacteria and other micro organisms
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by kingreign(m): 7:15am On Jun 24, 2023
Bellotelli:
We have clean tap water here in Abuja. I prefer it more than the so called pure water
FCT water board provides very clean treated drinking water round the clock 24/7. I have personally carried out various test in these water from my tap vs satchet water sold around in kiosks and shops. They do not come close in hygiene levels to public water supply.

I carried out the following tests:
Total dissolved minerals, total suspended particles, temperature, PH levels, dissolved Oxygen levels, turbidity, conductivity, BOD, smell and colour. They're within acceptable limits for FCT water board.
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by HellVictorinho6(m): 7:22am On Jun 24, 2023
SerikiFulani:
Please change the headline to -

Why did "Poor Nigerians" stop drinking tap/borehole water? 😏

Ain't never drank that shit all ma life 🙂
can u imagine i have to look for that water u reject ? cry cry cry cry
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by AK481(m): 7:42am On Jun 24, 2023
Tap water are treated qnd its from tye government .

Borehole are landlord invention and its not treated.

You hardly find tap water these days .
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by gentlegenius(m): 9:01am On Jun 24, 2023
Landmine1:
They sold the story of unclean.

Back in the days, who gave you tap water? Na stream water some Dey drink.
I still drink stream water even though I have borehole in my compound.
My family and I were treating typhoid every 2 weeks when we used to drink from the borehole. But it is over 1 year now since we stop drinking from the borehole and started drinking stream water, yet none of us suffer typhoid again.
What people don't know is that bacteria doesn't exist in a flowing stream water but it always finds it way into our storage tanks no matter how frequent we wash it.
Bacteria is the ONLY cause of typhoid fever and if everyone can stop drinking borehole water, typhoid drugs will cease in drug stores.
Our grandparents never had borehole. They only drank from streams and typhoid fever didn't exist in their time.
When it comes to eating and drinking, it is always wise to follow the style of our ancestors if you want to live long and healthy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Name One Thing You Don't Eat / The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe / Firearm's Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.