Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? (31730 Views)

Drinking Garri: Who Else Will Never Stop Enjoying This Food? / Help! I Can't Stop Drinking Tin Milk Everyday / Five Reasons You Must Stop Drinking Garri Before 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by eddyland: 9:28am On Jun 24, 2023
ukaface:
I can’t speak for others but for my family.
When you keep frequenting hospital for typhoid, then no one will tell you
First we went from boiling the tap water then adding water guard but then the taste wasn’t welcoming, then finally switched to pure water.
What do you think is pure water or where do they get pure water from ?

Pure water is simply borehole water that is purified.

But if you happen to visit some places that the pure water are purified, you will still switch and stop drinking pure water...cos some even keep their tanks and purifiers near their sewages and very dirty environments
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by DaveHarry(m): 11:55am On Jun 24, 2023
I drink tap water everyday. Nai I dey drink now so as I eat finish
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by adefitim(m): 11:55am On Jun 24, 2023
Where did you get your report from OP?
Cuz I am still gulping my tap water
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by JC2021: 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2023
I live in the city My family and I still drink from borehole. We fetch the water and pour into the water filter machine, then we fetch into plastic bottles and put in the refrigerator. We have been doing this for years and no problem. At least it's safer than most "pure" water sold out there.
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Love800(m): 3:18pm On Jun 24, 2023
How do u do dis?
Graficient:

I still drink from my borehole. But I fetch it directly into kegs through a tap I connected as I am pumping the water. I don't drink from one stored in the tanks because the tank is not washed regularly. Although the water is always better during the dry season when the water table is not so high
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Phyde: 5:35pm On Jun 24, 2023
Good old days...you have said it all.
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by GuduFriday: 6:54pm On Jun 24, 2023
pocohantas:
Sequel to this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/7739156/increase-price-water

I used to fetched it with my mother back then in Oshogbo barrack, Ibadan. It was fun n everytime, we were there, we must witness fight!!!
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Graficient: 2:33pm On Jun 25, 2023
[
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Graficient: 2:34pm On Jun 25, 2023
Love800:
How do u do dis?

I connected a pipe with a ball valve to the pipe leading to the tank. So as I'm pumping water, I can easily fetch into a keg for drinking before the water gets into the main tanks. Any plumber can do it
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by OvertheTop(m): 10:50am On Jun 26, 2023
Curious345:
Lot is feaces fluid have taken over the under water table

You need to go inspect how Sachet water is produced:
it's the same Borehole.
The difference is that: they pass the water through maybe 2 water filters for purification before packaging
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by OvertheTop(m): 10:58am On Jun 26, 2023
eepeepook:
OP na trenches boy. All this sufferhead life dey sweet am.

Right from childhood, we always bought water from mobile tanks. When my father started buying houses, it became mandatory for borehole installations before moving in. Today, we boil the water first before usage. Since waiting for the water to cool before storing in the freezer took a while, we opted to purchase a water dispenser. Fresh drinking water now available from the tap or the machine.

Nothing concern person with the recent cost of water. We sealed off the pipe leading to the government water board. That thing only came alive once a month.

How do you Boil?
is it in Large Quantity in a Big Pot On a Gas Cooker and then stored in Kegs when cool?

I want to learn o
and also estimate the Time Taken for the entire process
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by OvertheTop(m): 11:08am On Jun 26, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
tanks doesn't need to be cleaned unless you are pooping inside.

The most important is for the water going into the tank to be clean and treated.

grin grin grin.
if you leave clean water in a very clean container for 2 weeks, the container becomes slippery why?
because bacteria act on the water making it unclean.
that's why u need to wash the tank from time to time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by OvertheTop(m): 11:13am On Jun 26, 2023
HRMK:
where is the tap water?do you have any in your area?or are you talking about borehole water that runs through the tap?

In the 80s, almost all cities used to have a Water Board Created by the Government and distributed to almost all homes.
The Water is Normally Treated before Distribution (we called it TAP WATER)
you even pay for it just like the way we pay for NEPA Light Now.

It seems that the Tap water System has gone into extinction.
it was replaced with "Create your own water system"== BOREHOLE
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by NinjaMetahuman: 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2023
OvertheTop:

grin grin grin.
if you leave clean water in a very clean container for 2 weeks, the container becomes slippery why?
because bacteria act on the water making it unclean.
that's why u need to wash the tank from time to time.

The container only becomes slippery if you store unclean water inside in the container. Or if you expose clean water to orgasms because the container has no lid.

Google it.

Have you every wondered why dispenser bottle water or clean plastic bottled water don't get slippery even if you store them for weeks or months?
But if you put dirty water inside that same bottle, it becomes slippery after couple of days?
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by OvertheTop(m): 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
The container only becomes slippery if you store unclean water inside in the container. Or if you expose clean water to orgasms because the container has no lid.

Google it.

[b]Have you every wondered why dispenser bottle water or clean plastic bottled water don't get slippery even if you store them for weeks or [/b]months?
But if you put dirty water inside that same bottle, it becomes slippery after couple of days?

Have you Cleaned a Dispenser Before,
Check it after 1 Month, it is slippery inside. that's why it recommended you even wash your Dispenser every 1 or 2 months.
you just even made my point clearer.
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by NinjaMetahuman: 2:05pm On Jun 26, 2023
OvertheTop:

Have you Cleaned a Dispenser Before,
Check it after 1 Month, it is slippery inside. that's why it recommended you even wash your Dispenser every 1 or 2 months.
you just even made my point clearer.
Read again. This time slowly.
I said dispenser bottle not dispenser. I also gave you example of bottle water with clean water.

I also told you to google it.
I have, but I'm not going to spoon feed it.
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by HRMK: 6:27pm On Jun 26, 2023
1980?we all know that! where were you then? in the village or city or still in heaven?
Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by budaatum: 7:31pm On Jun 26, 2023

Re: Why Did Nigerians Stop Drinking Tap/Borehole Water? by Wanbissaka: 7:15am On Aug 27, 2023
Good morning sir

God has favoured you and I believe he would do so to everyone. Sir I really would appreciate a helping hand. I am a final year student with no helper sir. I have project defense on Tuesday and I have not payed neither have I printed my work. Sir kindly help me. I know you can and as you do may the lord replenish your pockets x10. I need about 20k but anything given to me would go a long way sir. I am from the betting thread and if you go through my post it's been a while I gambled. I made a post about this but no response. Sir I am really in dire need

Opay

Cc eseka12

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Name One Thing You Don't Eat / Firearm's Kitchen / The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.