Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,008 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

What Makes A Relationship Last Long? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Makes A Relationship Last Long? (17460 Views)

I'm 37 While She's Just 14, Will Our Relationship Last? / Can Any Relationship Last Without Finance? / What Makes A Man More Attractive To Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by superCleanworks(m): 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2023
kiss
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by Shadysen: 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2023
nothing but MONEY
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by Dshocker(m): 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2023
Perseverance, tolerance and understanding.
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by marvellous2222: 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2023
Contentment
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by Fearyourcreator: 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2023
Firstcitizen:

....and more money
Top billionaire of the world are not with their wives again... It's beyond money oga

3 Likes

Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by Bullman(m): 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2023
eazzzy1:
Atleast one person willing to let the other have their way all the time.

Stop this nonsense
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by wale2020: 4:40pm On Jun 24, 2023
COMMITMENT, COMMITMENT, COMMITMENT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by eminikansoso(m): 4:43pm On Jun 24, 2023
Male partner to over looks while female partner to respect the male partner in all ramifications

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by GoodGovernance: 4:46pm On Jun 24, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
Money and more money

So the poor do not have long lasting relationships?

So as a woman ,you cannot make your own money and stay with a man that gives you EVERYTHING(communication,love,romance,care,understanding, support,fidelity,etc) but enough money?

De play...

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by jayAjoku(m): 4:47pm On Jun 24, 2023
Only the grace of God 🤣🤣
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by GABRIEL6036: 4:50pm On Jun 24, 2023
Taking good care of your genetal, wash your p*ssy wella to stop it hodourifying. Trust me, your relationship is 100 %
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by Tannhauser(m): 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
Money and more money

How much you get?
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by ShootThemAll(m): 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2023
Commitment from both partners for the relationship to last.
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by Padipadi(m): 4:58pm On Jun 24, 2023
Patience, empathy and selflessness
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by idonhammer: 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2023
Money

If you don't have money then finished
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by havilla(f): 5:03pm On Jun 24, 2023
Emotional intelligence, mutual respect and loyalty

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by Itsernie: 5:06pm On Jun 24, 2023
I don't know anymore
It's simply not working

2 Likes

Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by Vinnie2000(m): 5:08pm On Jun 24, 2023
Creating COMPETITION by having a Side Chic or Pretty Female Bestie. sad

This works like MAGIC with our Naija Ladies.🤨🙂
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by Alvelt14(m): 5:11pm On Jun 24, 2023
1) money
2) Guy’s commitment
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by luckyz4rea(m): 5:11pm On Jun 24, 2023
DyshApp:
Beyond the gift-giving, acts of service, physical touch, words of affirmation, or quality time and all that lovey-dovey whatever.

Very often, we hear about the five love languages that help us understand our partners better. Things that help us to love and care for our partners in ways they desire to be loved. However, these are only applicable when everything seems green and rosy. In those moments of raising voices, walking away, and exchanging words, how do we deal with our partners?

When conflict arises, we desire to be heard, and quite frankly, I don't think anyone wants to be spending time with or be touched by a partner who they have unresolved conflict with.

Realistically, every healthy relationship has conflicts, and when these issues arise, it is important to know your partner's fight languages or responses to amicably resolve conflicts. Just as we need to understand the love languages of our partners, we also need to understand their fight languages, as they are essential in understanding how to communicate with your partner.

Broadly speaking, we have people who are expressive in conflicts and prefer to address the issues immediately; on the other hand, some are suppressive and prefer not to address the issues head-on. Let's break these personality types into categories to fully understand the what and how of dealing with a partner's anger and our anger as well.

Check out some perfect responses to dealing with relationship fight language on Dyshus webpage(link in bio)

What do you think makes a relationship last long?

God and attitude! God gives the attitude that sustains relationships

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by Stevenbright(m): 5:12pm On Jun 24, 2023
DyshApp:
Beyond the gift-giving, acts of service, physical touch, words of affirmation, or quality time and all that lovey-dovey whatever.

Very often, we hear about the five love languages that help us understand our partners better. Things that help us to love and care for our partners in ways they desire to be loved. However, these are only applicable when everything seems green and rosy. In those moments of raising voices, walking away, and exchanging words, how do we deal with our partners?

When conflict arises, we desire to be heard, and quite frankly, I don't think anyone wants to be spending time with or be touched by a partner who they have unresolved conflict with.

Realistically, every healthy relationship has conflicts, and when these issues arise, it is important to know your partner's fight languages or responses to amicably resolve conflicts. Just as we need to understand the love languages of our partners, we also need to understand their fight languages, as they are essential in understanding how to communicate with your partner.

Broadly speaking, we have people who are expressive in conflicts and prefer to address the issues immediately; on the other hand, some are suppressive and prefer not to address the issues head-on. Let's break these personality types into categories to fully understand the what and how of dealing with a partner's anger and our anger as well.

Check out some perfect responses to dealing with relationship fight language on Dyshus webpage(link in bio)

What do you think makes a relationship last long?

Application of the golden rule!
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by randymirrors(f): 5:15pm On Jun 24, 2023
Shared values. It's important.
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by HayB100(m): 5:20pm On Jun 24, 2023
Lol, some are saying money, money, money, at times, I swear love is not enough to make relationship last, for instance, you are always providing financially as a man, but you hardly spend quality time with your woman, I swaar to God, if na your gatekeeper dey give am time, she go love am. Women are very soft and emotional, most of them are really weak and tend to fall easily for what's available. The most important thing is just to understand your partner, at times, wetin work for Taiye may not work for Kenny, don't do your relationship on someone else's rules or standards, know what works for you, but most importantly, communication dey important Gon✌️💯

3 Likes

Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by Demurray: 5:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
Humility and respect are the key but some men misinterpreted it as SIMP

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by Moniya4Real(m): 5:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
Love, mutual respect, money, loyalty, forgiveness and good sex especially if all these Could be accompanied with the fear of God. I bet, the relationship is on a course to last till the end of time.
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by Gbenga4ever1411: 5:24pm On Jun 24, 2023
Trust and Money
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by Olahmi05: 5:26pm On Jun 24, 2023
If your spouse is your Bone of your Bone and the Flesh of your Flesh.
I bet it with you..
You will last forever till death separate you guy's.
grin cheesy kiss
Materials things or Beauty won't make it last. It will Fade away when time comes.
God will only make it last long if your is Bone of your Bone and your flesh of flesh.
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by Fortune109: 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
People should try and study Abit of Astrology when searching for soulmates...for instance...

Leo + Aquarius = Great Compatibility...then you put the rest of the advice given plus prayer...

Taurus + Aquarius = A disaster...

My one Kobo!
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by nkemjacob2(m): 5:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
Wisdom and maturity that shows u are ready and prepare for relationship

1 Like

Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by Nickymichy(m): 5:28pm On Jun 24, 2023
My take on this issue is that...no matter how good you are, a woman that will leave you will leave you... just be a good person, if that person is yours,he/she will stay...

2 Likes

Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by Virusvetty: 5:40pm On Jun 24, 2023
There's no couple with 100% compatibility, Patience, perseverance and act of sacrifice, make every relationship works. Then people that only see them outside will say it's Compatibility.
Re: What Makes A Relationship Last Long? by eepeepook: 5:43pm On Jun 24, 2023
I do not know and honestly do not care.

In my younger years, most relationships lasted three to four months at most. It boiled down to men who knew how to attract females constantly getting tired of the ones they were with. Out of every twenty relationships, one or two lasted a year. The longest I knew of lasted into a real world marriage with university aged children today. That didn’t stop the man from cheating occasionally. The woman did the same too. The question is, why did they remain together after all was said and done?

There is no way someone who used his time in university to enter seven four month relationships will thrive in marriage. That he trained himself into the small time frame will greatly affect his perception of his wife. I don’t think someone who managed to maintain a four year relationship will do past the time in a marriage.

Guy, marriage na game of chance. Humans dey tire, abeg.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The 7 Things That Makes Every Woman Happy! / Woman Bites-off Boyfriend's Tongue On Valentine's Day / I Think My Girlfriend Is Tired Of Me. I Love Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.