Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) (7344 Views)

What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? / Buhari's Revanchist Tendencies And Ethnic Bigotry Revisited / Epz Groundbreaking Ceremony: Itsekiri Accuse Jonathan Of Ethnic Bigotry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by DrummaBoy(m): 10:09pm On Oct 03, 2011
Dis country is in a crisis & GEJ seem not to hav a clue of wot 2 do
The rulin class are d real enemies of state
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by DrummaBoy(m): 10:11pm On Oct 03, 2011
Long yrs of corruptn, poor leadership, religious bigotry & ethnicity has brought here
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by DrummaBoy(m): 10:13pm On Oct 03, 2011
D lesson of Rwanda is dat an ethnic group isn't our problem
Mend & BH are products of years of poor governance
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by nolongTing: 10:35pm On Oct 03, 2011
[size=13pt]True, this topic reminds me of a documentary about the ethnic conflict which took place in Kenya in 2008, when each tribe went on the rampage butchering each other.  At the end of the documentary, all the rich and political elite returned to their lives and the poor people started to unite again.  The interviewer said "why have you made up so quickly"? They replied "we have lost everything", "our belongings", "our loved ones", "our livelihoods" - everything.  But we have realised that there are only two tribes in kenya RICH and POOR.[/size]
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by DrummaBoy(m): 11:33pm On Oct 03, 2011
So we dont have tribes we only have d exploiting and the exploited
Pls lets rethink revolution
I propose a SNC!!!
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by DrummaBoy(m): 11:35pm On Oct 03, 2011
Or we may start wit a Sovereign Nairaland Conference 2, continuing from where the last one stopped last year!!!
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by stagger: 10:14pm On Oct 04, 2011
arsenefc:

How many soja bullet can you take in your puccccy. I am not afraid of any revolution, as long as you lead the revolution. Are you down?

Before we talk of revolution, can i see the padding of your "idi?" How many "oko" can your "idi" withstand?

I would personally love to put a bullet from a Dragunov Sniper Rifle thru ur head, you son of a motherf!ucking he-goat!
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by manny4life(m): 10:35pm On Oct 04, 2011
No matter how much we try to cover the truth, Nigeria is headed down that path UNLESS if a miracle happens. Until our leader who are the pilots of the airplane (economy) change their course, hmm I see mayhem in the future; one which Nigeria MAY NEVER recover from. I really hope we don't come to that road.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 04, 2011
@op, Never you take what ppl wrote here especially against another tribe serious cos if you do eventuary it will affect your life badly! most of them cant even come out openly to say likewise!
i was once a victim of these,i was searching for something about Nigeria(couldnt remember) in the cyber when i opened a thread and was shocked of what ileke idi was saying about my own tribe!
then i join the group of bashing the other tribe which i regret at last
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by ChineduNlem(m): 10:52pm On Oct 04, 2011
@arsenefc. Even tho this is a faceless forum your words betray the frustration you must be feeling. Now the igbos are the problem with nigeria? Never mind you're still a baby it's futile engaging you. Well to the poster genocide can never happen in nigeria why? Too much diffusion and fragmentation. Eg i can't conspire to kill yorubas because my best buddy soji happens to be one. Known the dude since i was in pry 1. Again southern nigerians are more advanced than any african peoples, conflict is not our way. In summary nigerians have a common enemy, from that confused boy in borno that's about to be used. To the unemployed graduate walking the streets of lagos to that business that runs only on diesel generators. To the unfulfilled election promises to labour strikes to assu strikes to inflation . All these problems know no ethnicity. They are our common enemy. my, from that confused boy in borno that's about to be used. To the unemployed graduate walking the streets of lagos to that business that runs only on diesel generators. To the unfulfilled election promises to labour strikes to assu strikes to inflation . All these problems know no ethnicity. They are our common enemy.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by GrownMan(m): 10:53pm On Oct 04, 2011
At Poster, AMEN!
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Meedu(m): 11:09pm On Oct 04, 2011
@ arsenefc, you are a loser just like your club.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by arsenefc: 11:18pm On Oct 04, 2011
Chinedu Nlem:

@arsenefc. Even tho this is a faceless forum your words betray the frustration you must be feeling. Now the igbos are the problem with nigeria? Never mind you're still a baby it's futile engaging you. Well to the poster genocide can never happen in nigeria why? Too much diffusion and fragmentation. Eg i can't conspire to kill yorubas because my best buddy soji happens to be one. Known the dude since i was in pry 1. Again southern nigerians are more advanced than any african peoples, conflict is not our way. In summary nigerians have a common enemy, from that confused boy in borno that's about to be used. To the unemployed graduate walking the streets of lagos to that business that runs only on diesel generators. To the unfulfilled election promises to labour strikes to assu strikes to inflation . All these problems know no ethnicity. They are our common enemy. my, from that confused boy in borno that's about to be used. To the unemployed graduate walking the streets of lagos to that business that runs only on diesel generators. To the unfulfilled election promises to labour strikes to assu strikes to inflation . All these problems know no ethnicity. They are our common enemy.

Let me tell you a lil about myself. My best friend's name is Chinedu. And you know what, I have always dreamt of killing Chinedu since I was in primary 0. If Hotel Rwanda type scenario were to occur in Nigeria, the first person I'd kill is Chinedu. I will show no mercy. Why? Because Chinedu is Ibo and I hate Ibos.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by aljharem3: 11:19pm On Oct 04, 2011
arsenefc:

Let me tell you a lil about myself. My best friend's name is Chinedu. And you know what, I have always dreamt of killing Chinedu since I was in primary 0. If Hotel Rwanda type scenario were to occur in Nigeria, the first person I'd kill is Chinedu. I will show no mercy. Why? Because Chinedu is Ibo and I hate Ibos.

this guy, ur jokes are expensive you know wink
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by lepasharon(f): 11:20pm On Oct 04, 2011
honestly,pardon my ignorance but seriously, what was Biafra about? undecided sad
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Otunbakay(m): 11:24pm On Oct 04, 2011
If the genocide can be targeted @ our corrupt and thiefing political rulers, so be it. Infact let the 'GENOCIDE' start now!
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Abali1(m): 11:25pm On Oct 04, 2011
The hate and bigotry on this forum is particularly high. If we take this forum as a sample of the ethnic groups in the country, then I make bold to say that Rwandan type of genocide is sure to follow in the near future.
NL is but an insignificant percentage to cause that type of genocide. Like Rwanda, it will take other popular forms of mass media (TV and radio) for the hatred to actually spread.
Moreover, the faceless people on this forum that always talk bad about other ethnic groups CANNOT boldly say sh.it in the physical.
Having said that, I have thought of the possibility that one of these radical groups may kill a high ranking govt official or personality that will actually lead us finally to the inevitable bloody revolution that is bound to follow, if our leaders do not act fast to forestall it.

Just my thought.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by OkparaIgbo: 11:32pm On Oct 04, 2011
arsenefc:

Shut up Mugu.!! Slow Pokes like you make me laugh. Do you mean the chinedu that wouldnt need more than his left palm to strangle you. From your idiotic comments i already know your one of the ugly and smelly Yorubas that make me hate being with their sorry arses. Your probably not in Nigeria so good for you to remain in what ever country your parents have worked so hard for. If the war was to start i bet your stinky poo arse will be the first to flee.!!
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by aljharem3: 11:35pm On Oct 04, 2011
OkparaIgbo:

Shut up Mugu.!! Slow Pokes like you make me laugh. Do you mean the chinedu that wouldnt need more than his left palm to strangle you. From your idiotic comments i already know your one of the ugly and smelly Yorubas that make me hate being with their sorry arses. Your probably not in Nigeria so good for you to remain in what ever country your parents have worked so hard for. If the war was to start i bet your stinky poo arse will be the first to flee.!!

do u hav to reply ?
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Otunbakay(m): 11:45pm On Oct 04, 2011
Abali1:

The hate and bigotry on this forum is particularly high. If we take this forum as a sample of the ethnic groups in the country, then I make bold to say that Rwandan type of genocide is sure to follow in the near future.
NL is but an insignificant percentage to cause that type of genocide. Like Rwanda, it will take other popular forms of mass media (TV and radio) for the hatred to actually spread.
Moreover, the faceless people on this forum that always talk bad about other ethnic groups CANNOT boldly say sh.it in the physical.
Having said that, I have thought of the possibility that one of these radical groups may kill a high ranking govt official or personality that will actually lead us finally to the inevitable bloody revolution that is bound to follow, if our leaders do not act fast to forestall it.

Just my thought.
Noffing do u guy! Ur thought are well thought out.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by deadie(m): 12:30am On Oct 05, 2011
arsenefc:

And why do you hate Igbos? Can't compete with them? That will be my guess you lazy f00l. And keep thinking that Igbos are powerless, Nigeria would have been a colony of Biafra if not for British and Russian support of the Nigerian side. Igbos are capable of defending themselves, and I am sure the Chinedu you profess to have can kill you before you get to him.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Nnenna1(f): 2:11am On Oct 05, 2011
Like all things Nigerian - I think all this is mostly talk and no action (thankfully!).

I don't think there'll be a genocide in the scale of Rwanda, though admittedly we've had histories of clashes and such.

This forum is much more indicative of the leanings of those in the diaspora and the Nigerian middle-class -  it is arguably the biggest Nigerian website and may prove to influence much of young ones with access to the internet. Hmm  sad

To be honest, Nigerians all get along sans the internet. Hopefully it stays that way.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by odumchi: 3:41am On Oct 05, 2011
Isn't the genocide that occurred in Nigeria larger than that of Rwanda? In Nigeria, 1 million Igbos and thousands of other Easterners died due to genocide. That equates to 5 million people in today's standards. Alot of things have happened and sometimes scars can run deep.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by ChineduNlem(m): 4:20am On Oct 05, 2011
Guys this thing we're talking about cannot happen. Why? Because in nigeria the major issue is oil. And where is the oil? In the hands of the minority ethnic groups that make up the niger delta region. These 100+ ethnic groups are so fragmented they cannot forge a common alliance to push for anything significant. The govt is controlled by the three majorities. So you see the big pic, the govt is keeping the balance because of oil. Any issue that is not related to oil (like your ethnic bigotry) will have to wait. Genocide will benefit no one so nigerians will just find another means of conflict resolution because violence will stop the oil from flowing. Nobody wants that. y wants that.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by odumchi: 4:39am On Oct 05, 2011
Igbos were being killed in the North for no reason other than their ethnicity and the government turned a blind eye to it and in some places even supported it. Eastern province of Nigeria declared independence and that was it.

lepasharon:

honestly,pardon my ignorance but seriously, what was Biafra about? undecided sad
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Beaf: 4:44am On Oct 05, 2011
DrummaBoy: If we wake up tomoro 2 hear BH killed GEJ in an attack, all this hate on NL can it translate to Genocide?

Yes.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Beaf: 5:02am On Oct 05, 2011
Chinedu Nlem:

Guys this thing we're talking about cannot happen. Why? Because in nigeria the major issue is oil. And where is the oil? In the hands of the minority ethnic groups that make up the niger delta region.

Yet day old babies heads are routinely chopped open in Jos and their corpses burnt.

Chinedu Nlem:

[b]These 100+ ethnic groups are so fragmented  they cannot forge a common alliance to push for anything significant. [/b]The govt is controlled by the three majorities. So you see the big pic, the govt is keeping the balance because of oil. Any issue that is not related to oil (like your ethnic bigotry) will have to wait. Genocide will benefit no one so nigerians will just find another means of conflict resolution because violence will stop the oil from flowing. Nobody wants that. y wants that.

Yet they pushed for the Presidency and got it.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Relax101(m): 5:10am On Oct 05, 2011
arsenefc:

Yeah, I hope it happens, Again.

Remember Biafra. I am hoping and praying for another Biafra. I am sick of the lazy, dirty, stupiddddd Ibos. They need to be wiped off Naija's map.

Jihad on fstranger, Jihaddddd!!!! Allahu Akbar!!!!!
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Naledi14(f): 5:11am On Oct 05, 2011
Do you know whats the worst thing about rawanda?there was actualy no difference between the two groups  infact they where living in perfect harmony befor its just when the belgians colonised the country they told the farmers that they are hutu and animal herders tutu the tutu where then seen as superior because they had cattle so the belgians delt with them more often and thats how the mistrust between the two groups started i think after many decades of feeling undermined the hutu then took thier revenge out on the tutu the story is similar all over africa. Seeds of mistrust wer sowed amongst people because fellow africans divided we fall together we conquer.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by emmke(m): 6:49am On Oct 05, 2011
deadie:

And why do you hate Igbos? Can't compete with them? That will be my guess you lazy f00l. And keep thinking that Igbos are powerless, Nigeria would have been a colony of Biafra if not for British and Russian support of the Nigerian side. Igbos are capable of defending themselves, and I am sure the Chinedu you profess to have can kill you before you get to him.
not that am in support of arsenefc, but chest beating and arrogance like this makes it easy for people to hate igbos. U also forgot to add that the biafrans where also helped by the french and canadians. For all the so called genius of the igbo man, humility and diplomacy has never being their forte
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 05, 2011
WHATEVA MADE ANY FOOL THINK THE IGBOS WILL JUST FOLD THEIR HANDS AND EXPERIENCE ANOTHER GENOCIDE undecided

THE EXPERIENCE OF THE NIGERIAN ARMY POGROM ON OUR PEOPLE WAS CODED INTO OUR DNA EVEN THOUGH MANY OF US WERE NOT BORN THEN.

GENOCIDE ON THE IGBOS WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE EVER AGAIN! IT CAN ONLY HAPPEN IN THE DREAM OF BIGOTS LIKE MALLAM HARRAM AND THAT OTHER COWARD AS-HOLE ASSENIC! tongue tongue
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Gbenge77(m): 7:50am On Oct 05, 2011
To be honest,Nigeria is like forced marriage,the partners getting disillusioned with each passing day.so,a divorce is inevitable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Louis Farrakhan's Message To Black People With The Breakfast Club / No Plan To Impeach Ambode – Lagos Assembly / Someone that look like Nigerian ex Senate president was Disgraced at London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.