Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) (7341 Views)

What Do Some People Gain From Ethnic Bigotry? / Buhari's Revanchist Tendencies And Ethnic Bigotry Revisited / Epz Groundbreaking Ceremony: Itsekiri Accuse Jonathan Of Ethnic Bigotry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Nobody: 7:53am On Oct 05, 2011
The event of 1967-1970 is more than genocide.so kosi big deal about ibos being killed like chicken by hausa/fulanis !
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Okijajuju1(m): 8:20am On Oct 05, 2011
The truth is phuck all them hausa/fulani cattle-phucking pedophiles, If there should be a genocidal attck on any tribe, I say we start with them, then wipe off those filthy yorubas next, These group are the problem with Nigeria,
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 05, 2011
The Yorubas are ready to lick the asss of any one in power just to get a good official post, money and material things, the Yorubas are going to start licking the assss of the Ijaws now that power has changed hands to the Ijaws  grin grin grin

The Igbos are greedy they like what is not their own.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by OkparaIgbo: 8:34am On Oct 05, 2011
emmke:

not that am in support of arsenefc, but chest beating and arrogance like this makes it easy for people to hate igbos. U also forgot to add that the biafrans where also helped by the french and canadians. For all the so called genius of the igbo man, humility and diplomacy has never being their forte

Please Shut up if you dont know what to say.!!  shocked shocked shocked shocked Which French and Canadians, ? The one your fathers spoke to. Abeg go and read your history wella. The only foreign individuals that where in Biafra during the war were those who came to Show the world through the Media the menace Britain was aiding. The so called Britain was hypocritical by pushing Arms and foreign Expertriates to Nigeria, whilst sending Aid to Biafra. The simple reason being that they knew how weak and unintelligent the Hausas and yorubas are and that letting the Igbos go was going to smell doom to their quest for Crude, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
So i beckon you to crosscheck your thesis before putting it on a forum as this because it brings out the Yorubas Idiotic nature even the more. Or is it the Hausas Ignorant face. angry angry
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by OkparaIgbo: 8:37am On Oct 05, 2011
~Bluetooth:

The event of 1967-1970 is more than genocide.so kosi big deal about ibos being killed like chicken by hausa/fulanis !

Hahahah what a retard you are grin grin grin grin grin. No Offence Yoruba boy. I know its in your nature. I thought a man is one who comes to face his fellow man one on one and not with the battalion of military aids. I will leave your slow poke arse to figure out what i mean. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by HOTandCOLD(m): 8:48am On Oct 05, 2011
@emmke
What u wrote is not true. I know for a fact that the canadian prime minister at that time [b](TRUDEAU)[b] refused to help Biafra because they were having problems with Quebec. They didn't want to support the push for independence in another country while denying Quebec it's independence. I know because it was revealed by Toronto star newspaper.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by emmke(m): 9:10am On Oct 05, 2011
OkparaIgbo:

Please Shut up if you dont know what to say.!! shocked shocked shocked shocked Which French and Canadians, ? The one your fathers spoke to. Abeg go and read your history wella. The only foreign individuals that where in Biafra during the war were those who came to Show the world through the Media the menace Britain was aiding. The so called Britain was hypocritical by pushing Arms and foreign Expertriates to Nigeria, whilst sending Aid to Biafra. The simple reason being that they knew how weak and unintelligent the Hausas and yorubas are and that letting the Igbos go was going to smell doom to their quest for Crude, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
So i beckon you to crosscheck your thesis before putting it on a forum as this because it brings out the Yorubas Idiotic nature even the more. Or is it the Hausas Ignorant face. angry angry
u shut up. Am neither yoruba nor hausa. But truth is igbos are they most annoying bunch of people u can come across in nigeria. Just listen to urself trying to imply everyone is dumb, except igbos. Yeah the same level of intelligence that led u guys to a war that u were never gonna win in the first place. just keep making more enemies by telling everybody u are smarter than them.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Trulie(m): 9:46am On Oct 05, 2011
@emmke, u mst b high on coc or som oda dangros substanc n daz surly getin in2 ur tick dry empty skul, u no notin abt d iboz, so y nt shut d crapz cos d mor u kip pryin on d issuez d mor ur mpty skul revils it drynes, n fr d record durin d period of biafra, we d ibos invented r own mid-air flyin aircrafts, local rifles n so many odas @nnewi.and if a genocide shud tak plac i wud personaly wipe ur blak-neck-sory arse off frst. PUNK!!
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Okijajuju1(m): 9:57am On Oct 05, 2011
But the truth is and I say this without bias,

The Hausas are the most useless tribe ever formed, Virtually everything about them is wrong, Their language sounds weird, their skin color is weird, their culture and tradition is way to the left of the rest of Nigeria, If we all were to unite and eliminate a tribe, I say we start with the Hausas and fulanis,

Then the Yorubas, I really do not know what added benefit they are to this nation, The dirtiest tribe ever. And they are also very ugly and to mask their uglyness they put marks on their already hideous faces. After we are done with the Northerners, the Yorubas should be next,

Now the rest of the east and the south!! The interesting thing is that the Igbos will end up killing each other, in the end, the middle-belt will have to repopulate the entire Nigeria,

But in the food chain of Nigeria, The Yorubas and the Northerners are at the bottom,
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by hardbody: 9:59am On Oct 05, 2011
Re: Hotel Rwanda: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry
« #35 on: October 03, 2011, 10:35 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

True, this topic reminds me of a documentary about the ethnic conflict which took place in Kenya in 2008, when each tribe went on the rampage butchering each other.  At the end of the documentary, all the rich and political elite returned to their lives and the poor people started to unite again.  The interviewer said "why have you made up so quickly"? They replied "we have lost everything", "our belongings", "our loved ones", "our livelihoods" - everything.  But we have realised that there are only two tribes in kenya RICH and POOR.

I buy into this whole-souled. However, as for the internet tigers and tigresses, the Ibos are highly unlikely to be used as cannon fodders again. NEVER. 'Our mumu don do'. I see everyday of my life the hypocrisy of the English, the near decimation of my people by the hausas, supported (tacitly or otherwise) by the Yorubas and minorities. I have read several books and journals and watched movies relating to that one-sided war. the memories of what happened are so etched in me that at the slightest provocation, i will personally lead an assualt to avenge a fraction of the brilliant and unsung boys and girls, men and women either killed by the northern elements using the british support or those kids deliberately starved to death and kwashiokor by Awolowo who shamelessly declared that hunger and starvation is a legitimate weapon of war. We are waiting, I assure Y'll.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by klovesh: 10:25am On Oct 05, 2011
NAIRALANDERS!!!!!!!!!

Am I sure I am actually reading posts from people that are meant to be worthy citizens of this country?

Why so much hate? Are we sure we are okay?

Let me ask all of you people putting down other tribes: What was the part you played in choosing the tribe you came from? Were you not just born and found yourself belonging to where you are? What part did you play in making the tribe what it is now?

Its laughable that you are the same set of people that will end up castigating leaders of this country. I wonder what will happen when you become a leader yourself

This is one of the main problems of Africa, why we will find it difficult to develop. The minds of majority are too parochial, shallow and dark. Instead of collectively thinking of how to make things better for ourselves, we direct our thoughts on what will get us nowhere

Now let me ask: Do you think the break-up of Nigeria will end the problems? I tell u, for that to happen we will have to break up into like 100 nations. That is when u will know that Ekitis don't like Ibadans.

I tought the poster was trying to make us see the need to step down all these attacks, but I see shallow and selfish people that think everything about them is the best around.

U guys are the those that discourage me from this forum. Its too bad. Im almost moved to tears over all this

When we start knowing that the other person is as human as we are, then we are at the start point of progress.

May we get to where we have the right perspective, if not this country, or whatever it breaks up into is surely doomed
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Okijajuju1(m): 10:45am On Oct 05, 2011
Hausa Swines, Yoruba cockroaches,
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Kc3000: 11:21am On Oct 05, 2011
We already had one genocide on Igbos, so there's precedence. It can definitely happen again if we keep going in the direction that we are going. In the midst of all these ethnic and religion inspired violent outbursts that we  keep experiencing, all it takes is for one group to hit another or other groups where it really hurts, and things could disintegrate real quick. No one thought that the incidents that preceded the civil war and the genocide that followed, would have led us to war so quickly. Yes, Nigeria is in a combustible state, and I can throw out a couple of realistic scenarios that would surely ignite the whole thing, but I'd rather not. Let's hope for the best.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by anochuks08(m): 11:24am On Oct 05, 2011
we all pray it dosnt happen again, but when we start seeing trailer load of our brothers without head and even a train filled with dem, den we trade our lives for that of mosquitoes
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by hakanai(m): 11:25am On Oct 05, 2011
Okija_juju:

Hausa Swines, Yoruba cockroaches,
How come you guys lost the war with all your intelligence and till date have not produce any key government aid without the igbos crying and begging marginalisation.You don't ask if you are strong Mr man you take.You arronagnce and stupidity caused you the war.If the others got global powers backing them is simple they knew diplomacy than you did.If you invent weapons and lost the war to people purchasing weapons then all your effort is useless.You see Israel has the ability to produce weapons example jet fighters yet they choose to purchase from america.Even the Abraham Tanks are being considered over the merkvere tank in israel.They look at cost and the objectives after defining the enemy strength.While we acquired advance weaponary in the biafra war your goons and idiotic leaders were decieveing your folks to count on Igbo made because of pride.Now tell me who lost and where has the technology gone?Okay the museums.Arrogant fools.Anyway when and if the day comes then and only then shall people know where all stand.

That apart its sad but true that we have the ability to all go genocidal and we are seriously encouraging it.What people lack now is the first blow and the reasons for the first blow in other to set us in that direction.Example MEND kills Sultan or emir of kano or Buhari and on the other hand say boko haram kills Goodluck or some respectable key chief or king somewhere or CAN president etc.Alot more is on the burner.So @op i say yes it can happen in Nigeria.Yes it is preventable if the idiots suggesting which tribes be eliminated first are found and hanged publicly.Some already have rared there ugly demonic heads and post here!!!!!
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by OkparaIgbo: 11:29am On Oct 05, 2011
hardbody:

Re: Hotel Rwanda: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry
« #35 on: October 03, 2011, 10:35 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

True, this topic reminds me of a documentary about the ethnic conflict which took place in Kenya in 2008, when each tribe went on the rampage butchering each other.  At the end of the documentary, all the rich and political elite returned to their lives and the poor people started to unite again.  The interviewer said "why have you made up so quickly"? They replied "we have lost everything", "our belongings", "our loved ones", "our livelihoods" - everything.  But we have realised that there are only two tribes in kenya RICH and POOR.

I buy into this whole-souled. However, as for the internet tigers and tigresses, the [b]Ibos[/b] are highly unlikely to be used as cannon fodders again. NEVER. 'Our mumu don do'. I see everyday of my life the hypocrisy of the English, the near decimation of my people by the hausas, supported (tacitly or otherwise) by the Yorubas and minorities. I have read several books and journals and watched movies relating to that one-sided war. the memories of what happened are so etched in me that at the slightest provocation, i will personally lead an assualt to avenge a fraction of the brilliant and unsung boys and girls, men and women either killed by the northern elements using the british support or those kids deliberately starved to death and kwashiokor by Awolowo who shamelessly declared that hunger and starvation is a legitimate weapon of war. We are waiting, I assure Y'll.
Tru_lie:

@emmke, u mst b high on coc or som oda dangros substanc n daz surly getin in2 your tick dry empty skul, u no notin abt d [b]iboz[/b], so y nt shut d crapz cos d mor u kip pryin on d issuez d mor your mpty skul revils it drynes, n fr d record durin d period of biafra, we d ibos invented r own mid-air flyin aircrafts, local rifles n so many odas @nnewi.and if a genocide shud tak plac i wud personaly wipe your blak-neck-sory arse off frst. PUNK!!

My Brothers abeg make una no join this mumu's they call am "IBO", its IGBO.  angry angry angry angryBut your comments are from the real chest of an Igbo man men of vigour and pride.!! Chukwu go zie Umu Igbo ma gozie kwa Ala Igbo, ISEEEEEE, !!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by OkparaIgbo: 11:40am On Oct 05, 2011
haka_nai:

How come you guys lost the war with all your intelligence and till date have not produce any key government aid without the igbos crying and begging marginalisation.You don't ask if you are strong Mr man you take.You arronagnce and stupidity caused you the war.If the others got global powers backing them is simple they knew diplomacy than you did.If you invent weapons and lost the war to people purchasing weapons then all your effort is useless.You see Israel has the ability to produce weapons example jet fighters yet they choose to purchase from america.Even the Abraham Tanks are being considered over the merkvere tank in israel.They look at cost and the objectives after defining the enemy strength.While we acquired advance weaponary in the biafra war your goons and idiotic leaders were decieveing your folks to count on Igbo made because of pride.Now tell me who lost and where has the technology gone?Okay the museums.Arrogant fools.Anyway when and if the day comes then and only then shall people know where all stand.

That apart its sad but true that we have the ability to all go genocidal and we are seriously encouraging it.What people lack now is the first blow and the reasons for the first blow in other to set us in that direction.Example MEND kills Sultan or emir of kano or Buhari and on the other hand say boko haram kills Goodluck or some respectable key chief or king somewhere or CAN president etc.Alot more is on the burner.So @op i say yes it can happen in Nigeria.Yes it is preventable if the idiots suggesting which tribes be eliminated first are found and hanged publicly.Some already have rared there ugly demonic heads and post here!!!!!

I will take it as you have not read or watched anything concerning the "Nigerian" "Biafran" Civil war, !! You guys bought weapons. . Mtchew at who tells you these tales by moonlight. The Igbos fought against the British on code the Nigerians finito, !! And please before you speak then read my post on the reason why and research on the contrary if you want lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by hardbody: 11:55am On Oct 05, 2011
"haka nai, u r foking dumb.
An enclave called Biafra held the whole of Nigeria, British and other foreign powers to ransome for 3 years.THREE CRAZY Years. We sought for self determination, your British overloads had their hidden agenda and they would not let us go our way in peace. Even our neighbours who should have supported us or at worst remained neutral chose to sabotage our efforts. The result is not history, Nay, it is what we behold happening today. What teh IGBO man saw ahead was the perpetuation of Northern Oligarchy with intent to use the oil from the South to develop the North, We sought to curb that and bring the minorities around us closer home so we can share our commonwealth, but in their 'short termism', they sold out, today Ken saro Wiwa and the Ogoni 9 died for the same cause they sabotaged us on.

The IGBOS were not oblivious of the existence of modern war tanks and ammunition with which to prosecute that war, we were only handicapped. Ojukwu used his father's money principally to fund the war, when Awolowo decided on changing the currency to ensure it became useless for the average Biafran Man. I recall my Dad saying something like all he had in teh banks automatically came to 50 pounds.

Boko Haram will continue to deal with you people, very soon they will come down to the west and hit you all, but take this or leave it, the events of 66-70 had come and gone, it would have been nice to have learnt lessons, but No. you twarts are fanning the embers of war, one thing is clear in my head, unlike the last time that the war started and ended in the IGBO heartland, this time, we will bring it to your domain. You know our strength? there is no place in this country that you would not see an IGBO man that speaks and acts the community that he is living in. Keep on drumming up war, i for one will be part of the infantry, i promise you. FWOOLS
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by hardbody: 12:03pm On Oct 05, 2011
BTW Genocide would not happen again. Our Brothers are no longer going to run, they will stay and fight wherever the war meets them, you never know the Goat (used in this sense to mean a generally quiet and unassuming nature, ready to live and let live) can bite until you push it to the wall. We have been pushed to the wall and it will take but a very tiny spark to trigger what some of us have been waiting for, AN OPPORTUNITY TO REVENGE THE EVENTS OF 66-70. I have read a lot, i have researched a lot and except it does not happen in my life time, i will take out a lot before I go, that is if you guys can get me. I will also train and nuture a lot more, teaching them to remember the events of 66-70. It will be a sweet revenge.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Okijajuju1(m): 12:08pm On Oct 05, 2011
haka_nai:

How come you guys lost the war with all your intelligence and till date have not produce any key government aid without the igbos crying and begging marginalisation.

That war was ill thought out! Thats why I am one Igbo man who isnt a fan of Ojukwu! That said, Nigeria had the advantage in that conflict. I am quick to tell any proponent of the Biafran conflict to keep quiet because I dont think the Nigerian army considered the Biafrans a real threat more like a nuisance, That said, the Northerners are still a bunch of uncastrated cattle-sodomizing a-holes, The Yorubas, what more can I say!!
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by OkparaIgbo: 12:26pm On Oct 05, 2011
hardbody:

An enclave called Biafra held the whole of Nigeria, British and other foreign powers to ransome for 3 years.THREE CRAZY Years. We sought for self determination, your British overloads had their hidden agenda and they would not let us go our way in peace. Even our neighbours who should have supported us or at worst remained neutral chose to sabotage our efforts. The result is not history, Nay, it is what we behold happening today. What teh IGBO man saw ahead was the perpetuation of Northern Oligarchy with intent to use the oil from the South to develop the North, We sought to curb that and bring the minorities around us closer home so we can share our commonwealth, but in their 'short termism', they sold out, today Ken saro Wiwa and the Ogoni 9 died for the same cause they sabotaged us on.

The IGBOS were not oblivious of the existence of modern war tanks and ammunition with which to prosecute that war, we were only handicapped. Ojukwu used his father's money principally to fund the war, when Awolowo decided on changing the currency to ensure it became useless for the average Biafran Man. I recall my Dad saying something like all he had in teh banks automatically came to 50 pounds.

Boko Haram will continue to deal with you people, very soon they will come down to the west and hit you all, but take this or leave it, the events of 66-70 had come and gone, it would have been nice to have learnt lessons, but No. you twarts are fanning the embers of war, one thing is clear in my head, unlike the last time that the war started and ended in the IGBO heartland, this time, we will bring it to your domain. You know our strength? there is no place in this country that you would not see an IGBO man that speaks and acts the community that he is living in. Keep on drumming up war, i for one will be part of the infantry, i promise you. FWOOLS

hardbody:

BTW Genocide would not happen again. Our Brothers are no longer going to run, they will stay and fight wherever the war meets them, you never know the Goat (used in this sense to mean a generally quiet and unassuming nature, ready to live and let live) can bite until you push it to the wall. We have been pushed to the wall and it will take but a very tiny spark to trigger what some of us have been waiting for, AN OPPORTUNITY TO REVENGE THE EVENTS OF 66-70. I have read a lot, i have researched a lot and except it does not happen in my life time, i will take out a lot before I go, that is if you guys can get me. I will also train and nuture a lot more, teaching them to remember the events of 66-70. It will be a sweet revenge.

Nwa Ala ka ibu, !! The true son of your father my brother, !! No mind them they never see anything yet. What the General saw for over 40 years ago now the Whole Nigeria (Yoruba and Hausa) Are seeing it now. We will see where their arses will cry to when it comes to OMUME.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by hakanai(m): 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2011
OkparaIgbo:

I will take it as you have not read or watched anything concerning the "Nigerian" "Biafran" Civil war, !! You guys bought weapons. . Mtchew at who tells you these tales by moonlight. The Igbos fought against the British on code the Nigerians finito, !! And please before you speak then read my post on the reason why and research on the contrary if you want lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed

Fought which british?If you mean during the colonial times historically your folks fought the weakest as rebels when men fought with sofistication  organised military.Thought the british were far more superior then globally.they still won in there quest to colonise.
Secondly about biafra my point is simple in a war, winning is the ultimate goal and defeat which is what you suffered has made it obvious what ever plans or strategy you have applied has failed you.Let me ask you a question what historical war of great significance has the Igbos fought before the white man.Igbos fought wars at mere clan and community levels?
The yorubas had empires and fought to stretch such bounds and had fought the fulani and other foriegn interest from tresspassing there domains.In the north the fight stretch as far North africa and between different kingdoms.eg Kanem Borno and Fulani.Kanem borno and the Hausas,Jukuns and others.Check there military sofistication then for the Benin ,Oyo,Kanem and Hausa kingdoms and you would marvel at the great difference in sofistication from the Igbos.The Nigerian Museums tell it all.visit some.They are filled with a heritagde of military prowress.from Nigerian empires.EMPIRE is the word not chiefdom or community.Today Yorubas stretch beyond boundaries into benin,while in the North the Kanuris stretch beyond into Niger,chad and the Fulanis stretch accross the entire west Africa.
About biafra i have read many tales and everyone wants his own heard.The ultimate thing for the writers to be heard.The fact on ground which matters,the war was lost by the Igbos.You had an option to use diplomacy,fight,defend or seek international and local support to make you defeat the treat.One you had before then being arrogant and decided to attack multiple ethinc nationalities in Nigeria thinking you are mightier.You have confronted britian by your leader Ojukwu,showing your distrust for them.If you had read a book about Ojukwu himself.The Others called upon Britian to help out is called the power of diplomacy/allies (choose the right friend) my enemies enemy is my friend.Even the Igbos imported foriegn mercenaries to fight.Alot of them were killed and some fled after it became obvious the battle would be lost.Do you know that today with the great power of diplomacy,Israel has won many battles in the midst of a supposedly bigger foe.The Arabs took russia and the Israelites took USA/Europe.russia crumbled and US remained.A tree does not make a forest.The igbos were forced to invent because they were tactically out manuvered and there exits blocked. which is also strategic.Why would i want a foe getting logistics.The foreign mercenaries hit the road when it became obvious they were being locked in along with the Igbos.
It is sad people died and Igbos lost more.Implication of defeat.People died on both sides and that is why it's called and remembered as Biafra war or civil war or Nigeria war etc Not genocide.You took up arms and invented weapons.You had foreign warriors to your rank and alot of other logistics/Army to carry out a war.Inshort the war i hear started in Nsukka with a treat by the Igbos to invade Benue first and some ND areas to creat buffer zones for the battles.Tricky one, fight and destroy another mans land.They Just never knew what was coming.
I attended a class on igbology and igbos may have had there achievements but historical it is less advanced than the other empires that existed in Nigeria before the whiteman  and during the white man.Igbo spread is economically presently and like my igbo lecturer would say they are industrous and adopt western cultures readily.which has greatly made them move today faster in terms of development compared to the others especially the north who still clinge to there past glory.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by hardbody: 12:43pm On Oct 05, 2011
@ OKIJA JUJU <<<<<<<<<That war was ill thought out! >>>>>>>>>> ON POINT. I am also not a fan of Ojukwu. We could have used decoys and postponed the real outbreak of hostilities until we were ready to attack and counter-attack. The rest on that is now history, but hy HIS Grace, another opportunity will be here soon. grin kissOH SWEET REVENGE
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by hakanai(m): 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2011
hardbody:

What ever guy,you lost.whether we gang up or how long, it still came out positive IGBOS LOST big time and still cry till date.Its obvious too that at one time the Northern man asked for same seperation but was denied.Objected the Issue of Nigeria Unity which your brother azikiwe and co campaigned in support.
Boko haram,its an evil that has befallen us and you have yours too and i would rather keep myself focus on my area and its troubles.Iknow someday it would pass.Like GEJ said its true that it happen all over the world.Which is a fact.Its also Obvious that at the end they always lose.if not single out some places they have won and own.trouble times you may say.Well we didnt roll out the war drums,even here your brothers first did with calls to wipe others and the continued aggressiveness.Even where no body from the north here has said anything you people are just all over.Anyway when you match out as an infantry i hope to be there in an armoured vehicle to crush you dead on the battle front which shall be you village.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by shumno(f): 1:39pm On Oct 05, 2011
Do Nigerians hate each other this much? To the extend that you wouldnt mind people being killed(genocide). That is so sad. Will genocide be the solution to all the problems we have in Nigeria? Please ask yourself, I think it will set us back like 100years. Nigerians, let's stop the hate!
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by Nobody: 1:51pm On Oct 05, 2011
Okija_juju:

That war was ill thought out! Thats why I am one Igbo man who isnt a fan of Ojukwu! That said, Nigeria had the advantage in that conflict.

[size=13pt]My question is this: Did someone from another tribe advice Ojukwu to break away knowing fully well that Ojukwu and the Igbos will not succeed and by so doing the Hausas and Yorubas can come together after the war to squander the nation's resources, without the Igbos opposing  them? I just wish Ojukwu can give us this answer[/size]
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by otokx(m): 2:00pm On Oct 05, 2011
There are only two tribes in Nigeria, the oppressed represented here making so much noise and the oppressors who are quietly stealing/looting the Nigerian treasury at all levels be it village, local government, state and federal.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by DrummaBoy(m): 2:51pm On Oct 05, 2011
@klovesh
Thank U 4 contributn. From all I've read my que is ans'd. A genocide is possible in Nigeria
We need prayers!!!
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by hardbody: 2:52pm On Oct 05, 2011
@ Febup, i actually wanted to provide an answer to that your poser, but since you prefer Ojukwu to provide you the answer, i will rather leave it to both of you to sort out
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by adamaw2tuf: 2:58pm On Oct 05, 2011
who ever is praying for genocide to happen again in this country should be patience and not be in a hurry cos it has happened b4 against the southeasterners, i repeat it has happened b4 but when such a thing will happen again it will affect everybody terrriblly no matter how you like imagine your ethnic group to be too far from anywhere,you will cry and plead for a magical end but it will hunt you till time without ending.and people must stop beleiving that when it happens it just be like they see in the movies or how they think the civil war happened cos alot have changed since then and i or the group i blong will not stand shoulder to shoulder with some of those who have caursed us so much pain in any war.well i blame our so called leaders/politicians cos they are not doing anything to address or put an end to this ethinic bigotry that is running in the blood of most nigerians infact it is in their advantage just like curroption and lack of rule of law,as whatever happens they and their families are very sure of safety.finally yes this type of lifestyle(ethnic bigotry can some day lead to genocide as all it will take is long time of hate for good reason between neighbours.and as for what lead to the 1967-1970 civil war that is big problem we have in nigeria today as nobody is intelligent enough to realise that it is important to teach the people the truth especially the youths with honesty about what really lead to the war without the fear of embarassement it will cause so that whatever it was can be prevented in the future,that is called the spirit of reconciliation no matter who was wrong or right but unfortunately there is nothing like that in the nigerian mentality.
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by hardbody: 3:03pm On Oct 05, 2011
@ Shumno

Yes. The only solution to Nigeria's problem is Genocide, a calculated and deliberate killing of all our enemies. For this purpose, i have no issues having an Hausa or Yoruba want to kill me, I will not think twice about the same. When the dust is settled, and the glory lost and won, those remaining will have mutual respect for the other survivors and there will be equitable distribution of resources and no one will threaten his fellow man anymore, Boko Haram, OPC, Egbesu, Bakkassi, MASSOB and the rest of the splinter group will dissolve and the new ones will then be born who would only but read about our lost generation. I will be the sage in their midst directing their affairs towards a new country yet unknown and unborn. cool smiley
Re: Genocide: The Consequence Of Ethnic Bigotry? (Hotel Rwanda) by DrummaBoy(m): 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2011
@Okija-juju
COACKROACHES? yoruba-coackroaches??
that was d word dat fanned d Rwandan genocide - Goodluck to U!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Daft Nigerian Intelligence Agency / Who Is Nigeria's Most Articulate Governor / Who Owns DANA Airlines?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.