Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? (16073 Views)

What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting / Is It Better To Quit Or Continue With This Job? / Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Hidewell(m): 4:19pm On Jun 24, 2023
Good day, sirs and ma. I moved to Abuja to work as an Administrative assistant at (name withheld) close to Galadinmawa. The agreed pay with my employer was 50,000 which I accepted because I don't want to stay idle and I wanted to garner experience.

The Friend's house I stay is in Kagini. Those that know Abuja will know this place. The transportation cost from the house to my place of work is 1,100 and coming back same, which makes it 2,200 every day excluding Saturdays and Sundays.

After crossing my T's and dotting my i's I found out that The total cost is 2200 x25 days= 55,000 with a 5,000 deficit. The organization provide light breakfast and lunch. So, my food is a bit covered.

I am just confuse now. I talked to the organization for a pay rise but they gave me a stiff neck.

Please what will you advice me to do. I am seriously frustrated with the look of things. Do you think it's worth it.

P.s. I have worked for a month there now. I am scared my friend will complain that I am not contributing.

. I'm drained and frustrated.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Biola67: 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2023
na you sabi o

15 Likes

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Spirit247: 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2023
Pray for direction.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by talented321: 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2023
No be play, the matter get weight o

12 Likes

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by NutritionGuru: 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2023
Ok.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Nazgul: 4:21pm On Jun 24, 2023
Do they have staff buses or does any staff have a car so you can follow him/her to cut the cost of your transportation fee?

Does any of your neighbours have a car and goes the same direction as you?

If NO, I'll advice you to quit the job. Having a 5k deficit at the end of the month is slavery, you're better off without them.

Keep searching for another job, and I believe that sooner or later, you'll get something much better.

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by brainpulse: 4:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
If it can't pay your bills and will leave you in debts, you better stop or you will continue to work in frustration and you will continue to blame it all everyone around.
But if you can manage it for a while until you get something better or add side hustles to it. The decision still lies in your hands to either count the cost or the lost.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by GlobalWay: 4:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
Nn

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by slawomir: 4:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
Damnnn niggarrrr
Wahalar

55k for transport and your salary na 50k

Is there any other name for backwardness

111 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Younghacka(m): 4:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
Have You Tried Talking To Management If They Can Help You Get An Accommodation Close By, If No I Think Quitting The Job Will Be Better For You Both Physically, Mentally And Financially.
This Kind Of Job Is Worse Than Unemployment And Underemployment Combined.
The Lord Is Your Strength.

14 Likes

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by elpochas: 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2023
Guy I use the name of anything u believe in to beg u to stop dat surfer work indian mike mike.But Incase you don't want to resign,look for anyway and relocate to a plaz dat is nearby .If not u will just get frustrated and depressed with time to come.All the loan apps will be ur friend's soon if u don't make a decision quick.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by HeartlessMan: 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2023
Pack some things and relocate to the office.
Return home on Fridays only.

They will do the needful once your washed boxers land ontop MD laptop.

149 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Hahnemann: 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2023
That work no get head at all. Find another work mbok

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Agbadocassava: 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2023
Meh, salary earners dey try o… do your research and move closer to your working place…

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Realguyman1(m): 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2023
Can't the organisation allow you guys to be sleeping in their premises and be going home weekends?

At least that will help u save something at all at all

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Starships4u(m): 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2023
What's yhur Job description cos I honestly don't understand all those Administrative assistant, Office Assistant, PersonL assistant and so on...
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by ecolime(m): 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2023
Transportation cost isn't funny anymore. It's eating up people's income.

A friend of mine living in Ikorodu and working on the Island says he spends about 40k weekly to fuel his car.

Soon your friend accommodating you will give you attitude. You can't afford not to contribute towards home maintenance.

I would advise you get a room apartment close to your office. Even if na face me, I face you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Houseofglam7(f): 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2023
Yikes 😬
How about finding a place closer to your place of work?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by buygala(m): 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2023
Op, you are better off selling windshield wipers and car phone chargers in Wuse 2 traffic instead of that your current Job.

Life isn't by wearing coat and tie.. There are hundreds of menial and hawking jobs you can do in Abuja and be far better off than dashing your employer 5k monthly...

Abandon shame and enter street.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by AgentGoat: 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2023
talented321:
No be play, the matter get weight o

Make we wait for the elders.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by CHIOMAEZEH: 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2023
If you had some money... You could have rented a house close to your organisation... Like kabusa village. Transportation will be cheaper for you. I think you might see a one room where you will be paying monthly.... But still ask for a pay rise
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by MrCGPA(m): 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2023
Guy if you don't have Money to relocate and Live Close to your working Place then you have to Stop Working. You are working to have money in your Pocket. Nobody does a Deficit work in the Present Harsh Nigeria Economy. Look for another Vacancy or relocate Close to your Office.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2023
Does your family stay in Abuja? If yes, quit the job, go back home, re-strategize, and hopefully, a better job with proximity will come again.

And if not, speak to your friend to give you some time and lay down the same complaints you gave us here to him and wait for his response. If he's empathetic and patient, give yourself a time frame of 1-2 months to get something better. While you are at this, don't laze around, procrastinate, or get laid back. Be charged up and start looking out for better opportunities.

55,000N salary in this dispensation is simply slavery. With the hike in transportation costs and no extra allowances/provisions for workers’ well-being, why are Nigerian employers not sympathetic enough to workers’ plights? They should understand that with such a paltry amount, burnout is imminent and the frustrations are likely to be transferred to the performance of the job. It's sad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Jesusmystrength(f): 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2023
Ah
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by BigBlackPreek(m): 4:25pm On Jun 24, 2023
Leave the job before the situation finish you o

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by mightyleks(m): 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hidewell:
Good day, sirs and ma. I moved to Abuja to work as an Administrative assistant at (name withheld) close to Galadinmawa. The agreed pay with my employer was 50,000 which I accepted because I don't want to stay idle and I wanted to garner experience.

The Friend's house I stay is in Kagini. Those that know Abuja will know this place. The transportation cost from the house to my place of work is 1,100 and coming back same, which makes it 2,200 every day excluding Saturdays and Sundays.

After crossing my T's and dotting my i's I found out that The total cost is 2200 x25 days= 55,000 with a 5,000 deficit. The organization provide light breakfast and lunch. So, my food is a bit covered.

I am just confuse now. I talked to the organization for a pay rise but they gave me a stiff neck.

Please what will you advice me to do. I am seriously frustrated with the look of things. Do you think it's worth it.

P.s. I have worked for a month there now. I am scared my friend will complain that I am not contributing.

Transportation should not take more than 15% of your salary else it will be frustrating. It's either you get closer to where you work or quit if they are not increasing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by dust144(m): 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2023
Depends on your problems.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by henryadex(m): 4:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
It's definitely not a place to stay for long period

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Dshocker(m): 4:28pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hidewell:

You mustn't stay with your friend, try to make new friends and ask for help from random close friends for accommodation space.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Federal Road Safety Recruitment 2018/2019 – Www.frsc.gov.ng Portal / Available Positions In African Union Commission / Skye Bank Is Accepting Cv Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.