Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? (16101 Views)

What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting / Is It Better To Quit Or Continue With This Job? / Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Lukmanraji(m): 6:47pm On Jun 24, 2023
Buy bicycle and start riding. That solves your problem.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by julybaba(m): 7:03pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hidewell:
Good day, sirs and ma. I moved to Abuja to work as an Administrative assistant at (name withheld) close to Galadinmawa. The agreed pay with my employer was 50,000 which I accepted because I don't want to stay idle and I wanted to garner experience.

The Friend's house I stay is in Kagini. Those that know Abuja will know this place. The transportation cost from the house to my place of work is 1,100 and coming back same, which makes it 2,200 every day excluding Saturdays and Sundays.

After crossing my T's and dotting my i's I found out that The total cost is 2200 x25 days= 55,000 with a 5,000 deficit. The organization provide light breakfast and lunch. So, my food is a bit covered.

I am just confuse now. I talked to the organization for a pay rise but they gave me a stiff neck.

Please what will you advice me to do. I am seriously frustrated with the look of things. Do you think it's worth it.

P.s. I have worked for a month there now. I am scared my friend will complain that I am not contributing.

. I'm drained and frustrated.
Please rent a room close to your office or ask staffs who stay nearer to your office if they can accommodate you or sublet their rooms to you. Just make sure, your rent is not more than 2-3 months salary
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Powersurge: 7:28pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hidewell:
Good day, sirs and ma. I moved to Abuja to work as an Administrative assistant at (name withheld) close to Galadinmawa. The agreed pay with my employer was 50,000 which I accepted because I don't want to stay idle and I wanted to garner experience.

The Friend's house I stay is in Kagini. Those that know Abuja will know this place. The transportation cost from the house to my place of work is 1,100 and coming back same, which makes it 2,200 every day excluding Saturdays and Sundays.

After crossing my T's and dotting my i's I found out that The total cost is 2200 x25 days= 55,000 with a 5,000 deficit. The organization provide light breakfast and lunch. So, my food is a bit covered.

I am just confuse now. I talked to the organization for a pay rise but they gave me a stiff neck.

Please what will you advice me to do. I am seriously frustrated with the look of things. Do you think it's worth it.

P.s. I have worked for a month there now. I am scared my friend will complain that I am not contributing.

Have an honest discussion with the management. Let them know that you wish to work with the organisation. Explain your situation to them.

Ask for accommodation options. because I don't see any raise that would be substantial enough.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2023
julybaba:

Please rent a room close to your office or ask staffs who stay nearer to your office if they can accommodate you or sublet their rooms to you. Just make sure, your rent is not more than 2-3 months salary

Give him money.

Advice — 1000.

Help — 0.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Senkasa(m): 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2023
TheOnlyUyai:
Does your family stay in Abuja? If yes, quit the job, go back home, re-strategize, and hopefully, a better job with proximity will come again.

And if not, speak to your friend to give you some time and lay down the same complaints you gave us here to him and wait for his response. If he's empathetic and patient, give yourself a time frame of 1-2 months to get something better. While you are at this, don't laze around, procrastinate, or get laid back. Be charged up and start looking out for better opportunities.

55,000N salary in this dispensation is simply slavery. With the hike in transportation costs and no extra allowances/provisions for workers’ well-being, why are Nigerian employers not sympathetic enough to workers’ plights? They should understand that with such a paltry amount, burnout is imminent and the frustrations are likely to be transferred to the performance of the job. It's sad.

What's up dear. Did you see my last mail?
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by xxgig(m): 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hidewell:

How about getting your own place closer to your work location?
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2023
Senkasa:

What's up dear. Did you see my last mail?

I'll check. I didn't see it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Senkasa(m): 7:53pm On Jun 24, 2023
TheOnlyUyai:

I'll check. I didn't see it.

Oh okaayyy..
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by hgnbello(m): 8:00pm On Jun 24, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Pack some things and relocate to the office.
Return home on Fridays only.

They will do the needful once your washed boxers land ontop MD laptop.

OP look into this oooh.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by MaryAye(f): 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2023
Everybody shouting he should rent his apartment should please keep quiet. If he has the money to rent will he be here posting his story?

Advice 10000

Help ---Nil.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by youngrichnigga: 8:02pm On Jun 24, 2023
Start looking for a better paying job but while at that look for a place closer to your office that you can stay (days in-between) so that you can eliminate the transportation for many days, you just have have to put up with the discomfort even if it means sleeping in your office store or garage if permitted. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by MaryAye(f): 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2023
Sissy I love your comment. If he has the money will he be here seeking advice.

TheOnlyUyai:

Give him money.

Advice — 1000.

Help — 0.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 8:12pm On Jun 24, 2023
MaryAye:
Sissy I love your comment. If he has the money will he be here seeking advice.

They are all very insensitive.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Kobicove(m): 8:58pm On Jun 24, 2023
Nazgul:
Do they have staff buses or does any staff have a car so you can follow him/her to cut the cost of your transportation fee?

Does any of your neighbours have a car and goes the same direction as you?

If NO, I'll advice you to quit the job. Having a 5k deficit at the end of the month is slavery, you're better off without them.

Keep searching for another job, and I believe that sooner or later, you'll get something much better.

How will a company that is paying an Admin Assistant 50K a month have staff bus?
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by yewit37486: 9:05pm On Jun 24, 2023
TheOnlyUyai:

Give him money.

Advice — 1000.

Help — 0.

Have YOU helped the OP before you wrote this comment? Otherwise, you equally fall into the "Advice — 1000" bucket.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by ITbomb(m): 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2023
Discuss it with your friend, he might have options that will favor you. Either accommodation nearer or most understanding
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Uniquekriss(m): 9:21pm On Jun 24, 2023
Nazgul:

Dude you quoted the wrong person...
no vex.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Uniquekriss(m): 9:23pm On Jun 24, 2023
TheOnlyUyai:

Are there other vacancies? I have someone in Benin who is looking for a job. He has been job hunting for years.
depends on the person's experience and qualification.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 9:26pm On Jun 24, 2023
yewit37486:

Have YOU helped the OP before you wrote this comment? Otherwise, you equally fall into the "Advice — 1000" bucket.

At least, I did not tell him to rent an invisible house with non-existent money that he obviously doesn't have, unlike your ilks. Very hypocritical.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 9:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
Uniquekriss:
depends on the person's experience and qualification.

He's a graduate (BSC) and has fair experience. Not an entry-level applicant.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Melagros(m): 9:45pm On Jun 24, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Pack some things and relocate to the office.
Return home on Fridays only.

They will do the needful once your washed boxers land ontop MD laptop.
Guy you bad oo, anyway this is the best advice grin
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by yewit37486: 9:47pm On Jun 24, 2023
TheOnlyUyai:

At least, I did not tell him to rent an invisible house with non-existent money that he obviously doesn't have, unlike your ilks. Very hypocritical.

It is actually more hypocritical to accuse others of not helping him when you are equally not helping him either.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Zee0007: 9:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
yewit37486:

It is actually more hypocritical to accuse others of not helping him when you are equally not helping him either.

She can't help too. So we are all same.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by thesicilian: 10:49pm On Jun 24, 2023
Do not take that job pls. Even at 60k I'll still advise you not to. The disadvantages are too much. And if you take the job you will not have time to search for a better one or go for interviews. It is better to borrow money for interview than to borrow money for transportation to go and work for someone else.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by doneback04: 2:48am On Jun 25, 2023
When you have such analysis, go to the MD or the manager and explain to him and see reason why you need an increment or if they is any possible way you can get a closer apartment near your working place
instead to just conclude that you are thinking of stopping your job, where did you see job that you want to stop your previous work? some people are Looking for job of 30k have not even see one and you manage to see 50k and you are thinking of stopping,
you might not know what you got until you lose it.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Unaevince: 4:14am On Jun 25, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Wahalar

55k for transport and your salary na 50k

Is there any other name for backwardness

Tell your employer that you are not coping and give them the breakdown of your expenses and see if they can exempt you from work in some days of the week. Keep on trying and see if there is any way you can mitigate the transport cost by trekking some distance and saving the money. It is really tough in Abuja and elsewhere in the country.

The prayer is that the subsidy removal accumulated fund should be used to develop this country and not to be looted and shared by the politicians and their cronies.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Love800(m): 7:28am On Jun 25, 2023
Can u help an o'level guy with a good menial job?

Asking for myself
Uniquekriss:
if you're willing to relocate or have a place to stay in Benin I can help you get a job that will pay you over 100k, that job you're doing is retrogression.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 8:35am On Jun 25, 2023
yewit37486:

You know I'm saying the truth but shame won't allow you agree.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 8:36am On Jun 25, 2023
Zee0007:

She can't help too. So we are all the same.

I'm not the same as you people advising him like he has some money stashed up somewhere.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by DaRuud(m): 8:38am On Jun 25, 2023
Move to Kabusa , you may get a house of #70k yearly .
Transportation fare
To : #500
Fro : #500
Total of #1000

#1000 x 20 days
= #20000

Monthly salary - Transportation fare

#50000 - #20000 = #30000 left
#30000 x 12 = #360000

#360000 -#70000 =

From the #290000 - ( utility bills - water , food , cloth , recharge card , data , shoes , . . . . )

Whole you are still working there , try ainmit application in other places , you might be surprised to get a job of #100000

Las las we go survive

Welcome to Nigeria !

Hidewell:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyo State Tescom Form On Sale@d Secretariat In Ibadan / Confirmed Vacancies / Coronation Insurance 2021 Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.