Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? (16082 Views)

What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting / Is It Better To Quit Or Continue With This Job? / Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by DaRuud(m): 8:38am On Jun 25, 2023
Move to Kabusa , you may get a house of #70k yearly.

Transportation fare
To : #500
Fro : #500
Total of #1000

#1000 x 20 days
= #20000

Monthly salary - Transportation fare

#50000 - #20000 = #30000 left
#30000 x 12 = #360000

#360000 -#70000 =

From the #290000 - ( utility bills - water , food , cloth , recharge card , data , shoes , . . . . )

Whole you are still working there , try ainmit application in other places , you might be surprised to get a job of #100000

Las las we go survive

Welcome to Nigeria !

Hidewell:
Good day, sirs and ma. I moved to Abuja to work as an Administrative assistant at (name withheld) close to Galadinmawa. The agreed pay with my employer was 50,000 which I accepted because I don't want to stay idle and I wanted to garner experience.

The Friend's house I stay is in Kagini. Those that know Abuja will know this place. The transportation cost from the house to my place of work is 1,100 and coming back same, which makes it 2,200 every day excluding Saturdays and Sundays.

After crossing my T's and dotting my i's I found out that The total cost is 2200 x25 days= 55,000 with a 5,000 deficit. The organization provide light breakfast and lunch. So, my food is a bit covered.

I am just confuse now. I talked to the organization for a pay rise but they gave me a stiff neck.

Please what will you advice me to do. I am seriously frustrated with the look of things. Do you think it's worth it.

P.s. I have worked for a month there now. I am scared my friend will complain that I am not contributing.

. I'm drained and frustrated.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by DaRuud(m): 8:40am On Jun 25, 2023

Transportation fare
Total of #1000

#1000 x 20 days
= #20000

#30000 x 12 = #360000

#360000 -#70000 =

From the #290000 - ( utility bills - water , food , cloth , recharge card , data , shoes , . . . . )

Whole you are still working there , try ainmit application in other places , you might be surprised to get a job of #100000

Las las we go survive .

Welcome to Nigeria !

Hidewell:
Good day, sirs and ma. I moved to Abuja to work as an Administrative assistant at (name withheld) close to Galadinmawa. The agreed pay with my employer was 50,000 which I accepted because I don't want to stay idle and I wanted to garner experience.

The Friend's house I stay is in Kagini. Those that know Abuja will know this place. The transportation cost from the house to my place of work is 1,100 and coming back same, which makes it 2,200 every day excluding Saturdays and Sundays.

After crossing my T's and dotting my i's I found out that The total cost is 2200 x25 days= 55,000 with a 5,000 deficit. The organization provide light breakfast and lunch. So, my food is a bit covered.

I am just confuse now. I talked to the organization for a pay rise but they gave me a stiff neck.

Please what will you advice me to do. I am seriously frustrated with the look of things. Do you think it's worth it.

P.s. I have worked for a month there now. I am scared my friend will complain that I am not contributing.

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by mukthar2000(m): 8:43am On Jun 25, 2023
Op don't quite yet, move closer to the job area, and be searching for another better offer.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by MaryAye(f): 8:48am On Jun 25, 2023
Very nice analysis and to my knowledge the best advice but how do you expect him to raise 70k now that his financially down. You guys should not be inconsiderate. If it was easy for the lad, he wouldn't be here.

DaRuud:

Transportation fare
Total of #1000

#1000 x 20 days
= #20000

#30000 x 12 = #360000

#360000 -#70000 =

Las las we go survive .

Welcome to Nigeria !

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by yewit37486: 10:07am On Jun 25, 2023
TheOnlyUyai:

You know I'm saying the truth but shame won't allow you agree.

As in the truth of you being a big HYPOCRITE for pointing a finger at others while the remaining 4 are pointing right back at you. Yes, that's the truth.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by yewit37486: 10:09am On Jun 25, 2023
TheOnlyUyai:

I'm not the same as you people advising him like he has some money stashed up somewhere.

What is your business with other people advising him? Are you the OP, did he complain to you?
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by VULCAN(m): 11:17am On Jun 25, 2023
grin grin grin grin

Who is this guy pls?

Family members come and take him away from here before he destroys some people's ribs.

Lolz

HeartlessMan:
Pack some things and relocate to the office.
Return home on Fridays only.

They will do the needful once your washed boxers land ontop MD laptop.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by BigBen23(m): 11:20am On Jun 25, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Wahalar

55k for transport and your salary na 50k

Is there any other name for backwardness

He's working for experience to boost his CV cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Chidolalar: 11:36am On Jun 25, 2023
Love800:
Can u help an o'level guy with a good menial job?

Asking for myself
Pls what job of 100k is dat? Am very interested.
Can u get it for me?
Oh sorry i quoted d wrong person
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Chidolalar: 11:42am On Jun 25, 2023
Uniquekriss:
if you're willing to relocate or have a place to stay in Benin I can help you get a job that will pay you over 100k, that job you're doing is retrogression.
Please what job if 100k is that u are talking about? Am very much interested.
Can u help me get it please?
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by sageb: 12:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
ArcChu:
Rent a single room at Galadimawa Village at less than 50k for a year, manage it till you grow. Meanwhile 1 month working in that environment is enough to get a place to cohabit

Is Galadimawa village far from Wuse?
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by sageb: 12:11pm On Jun 25, 2023
DaRuud:

Transportation fare
Total of #1000

#1000 x 20 days
= #20000

#30000 x 12 = #360000

#360000 -#70000 =

Las las we go survive .

Welcome to Nigeria !

Is kabusa far from Wuse?
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Uniquekriss(m): 12:37pm On Jun 25, 2023
Chidolalar:

Please what job if 100k is that u are talking about? Am very much interested.
Can u help me get it please?
are you resident in Benin?
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Uniquekriss(m): 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2023
Love800:
Can u help an o'level guy with a good menial job?

Asking for myself
there's no "good" menial job. Better to learn a skill or go fo unskilled labour.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Uniquekriss(m): 12:39pm On Jun 25, 2023
TheOnlyUyai:

He's a graduate (BSC) and has fair experience. Not an entry-level applicant.
okay. Good. Send a mail to me so I can share my contact.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by AlexJustin(m): 1:27pm On Jun 25, 2023
Why don't you learn a digital skill today and embrace financial Security.

There is a HOT and new way to make as much as $1505 online and:

- It does not require you to spend any money on advertising.

- You don't need to have a website.

- You don't need any specialized knowledge.

- You don't need to chat with anyone on Whatsapp.

- You don't need to talk to anyone on phone.

- You don't need to post your face on social media.

ETC

Instead, all you do is follow a simple and NEW method to create a special type of digital books and upload them on Amazon.

And you can start getting monthly payments from Amazon.

Join my free masterclass here. Whatsapp only 0901 223 0766
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by harmargedon: 2:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
Hidewell:

truth is you're wasting your time.
Reason is you're hoping on saving so as to get an apartment close to your work place, that's never going to happen.
It only would if you can get a loan to get an apartment, then pay them off within three to six months.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Love800(m): 2:17pm On Jun 25, 2023
Is there any unskilled labour you can recommend?

And who says i will not learn a skill? Learning is sure.
Uniquekriss:
there's no "good" menial job. Better to learn a skill or go fo unskilled labour.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 2:43pm On Jun 25, 2023
Uniquekriss:
okay. Good. Send a mail to me so I can share my contact.

Okay. Thanks. I'll be sending a mail with my second NL account as I cannot access the mail associated with this account.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 2:43pm On Jun 25, 2023
yewit37486:

What is your business with other people advising him? Are you the OP, did he complain to you?

SWERVE now!
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by yewit37486: 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2023
TheOnlyUyai:

SWERVE now!

cheesy cheesy
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Chidolalar: 3:41pm On Jun 25, 2023
Uniquekriss:
are you resident in Benin?
I reside in Anambra. But I will look for money or borrow from someone to assist me to come to Benin once you can assure and guarantee me I will get d work
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by DrDunamis(m): 4:13pm On Jun 25, 2023
Hidewell:

Find a way to stay around the place of your work even if it's to squat few nights then weekend go to your place.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by millionboi2: 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2023
Hidewell:

No sir. They don't allow people after closing hours. I talked to the security man but like 3 persons are squatting with him already. He told me they come immediately we all leave work and they leave the security house very early. The room is very very congested. He wanted to help me but that was his explanation to me.
check church
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by ticker(m): 7:18pm On Jun 25, 2023
CHIOMAEZEH:
If you had some money... You could have rented a house close to your organisation... Like kabusa village. Transportation will be cheaper for you. I think you might see a one room where you will be paying monthly.... But still ask for a pay rise
nice advice I wish the op will take this advice
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Danielomisco(m): 7:18pm On Jun 25, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Pack some things and relocate to the office.
Return home on Fridays only.

They will do the needful once your washed boxers land ontop MD laptop.
best advice move close,or pick tins n sleep in the weekend then go home Fridays,work hard dnt throw this one...jungle life all tru take the bull by the horn
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Ayasayas(m): 8:30pm On Jun 25, 2023
relocat to friend nearby to the office i.e look for nearby location for accomodation.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Lukss: 8:39pm On Jun 25, 2023
Start looking for another job.

God will see you through.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Ilekokonit: 11:06pm On Jun 25, 2023
Hidewell:

Be open with your friend about your pay and monthly expenses but stay in the job and aggressively hunt for another job or look for an additional part time weekend job near your home.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Ilekokonit: 11:10pm On Jun 25, 2023
buygala:
Op, you are better off selling windshield wipers and car phone chargers in Wuse 2 traffic instead of that your current Job.

Life isn't by wearing coat and tie.. There are hundreds of menial and hawking jobs you can do in Abuja and be far better off than dashing your employer 5k monthly...

Abandon shame and enter street.

True talk.

The day I saw a UK returnee now doing washerman at my friends house in Lagos in spite of having a UK passport, I realised more that there is dignity in labor. The guy had had enough of living in the UK and he chose to be a washerman than going back for 3rd slavery in the UK.

Afterall, washerman sef get papa.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Uniquekriss(m): 6:44am On Jun 26, 2023
Love800:
Is there any unskilled labour you can recommend?

And who says i will not learn a skill? Learning is sure.
U dey ask me questions. Dey play!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Skye Bank Is Accepting Cv Online / Imo Govt Commences Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees. / Oyo State Tescom Form On Sale@d Secretariat In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.