Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,433 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? (16089 Views)

What Should I Do? Learn A Skill Or Continue Job Hunting / Is It Better To Quit Or Continue With This Job? / Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by iamL(f): 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2023
buygala:
Op, you are better off selling windshield wipers and car phone chargers in Wuse 2 traffic instead of that your current Job.

Life isn't by wearing coat and tie.. There are hundreds of menial and hawking jobs you can do in Abuja and be far better off than dashing your employer 5k monthly...

Abandon shame and enter street.

I like your spirit especially since it legit
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Blackstan: 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2023
Bro to honest dis is more like being a slave na.. u are d one dashing Dem money invariably even after working for dem
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 4:55pm On Jun 24, 2023
Joshchi19:

Yes, it is small depending on what guy can offer. The best option is to quit if he can't get a closer accommodation

Even people who offer a lot still get underpaid.

It's better he quits.

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by ojun50(m): 4:57pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hidewell:
The security man told me he squat 3 more persons. They come around when the office is closed. He told me he would have offered to help out.

Try church, make sure you don't leave the job because that is when you will see the other side of yr friends
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Hidewell(m): 4:57pm On Jun 24, 2023
ArcChu:
Rent a single room at Galadimawa Village at less than 50k for a year, manage it till you grow. Meanwhile, 1 month working in that environment is enough to get a place to cohabit

Yea, sir. This was my plan but the challenge is to get that huge amount of money to rent an apartment at Galadinmawa village.

Sir, I tried sourcing and befriending but I get rejected. Abuja is not as I saw it. Every man for himself.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by SSFeedsNigeria: 4:58pm On Jun 24, 2023
TheOnlyUyai:
Does your family stay in Abuja? If yes, quit the job, go back home, re-strategize, and hopefully, a better job with proximity will come again.

And if not, speak to your friend to give you some time and lay down the same complaints you gave us here to him and wait for his response. If he's empathetic and patient, give yourself a time frame of 1-2 months to get something better. While you are at this, don't laze around, procrastinate, or get laid back. Be charged up and start looking out for better opportunities.

55,000N salary in this dispensation is simply slavery. With the hike in transportation costs and no extra allowances/provisions for workers’ well-being, why are Nigerian employers not sympathetic enough to workers’ plights? They should understand that with such a paltry amount, burnout is imminent and the frustrations are likely to be transferred to the performance of the job. It's sad.

Lol, you left a wicked president who increased fuel price from 167 to 520 in one fell swoop, without considering the masses, only to blame employers?

I'm a business owner and I have friends who are employers too. The question you should rather ask is how are businesses or companies surviving now in Nigeria? Many of them are currently running at a deficit. Except it's for charity, struggling enterprises can't be able to increase wages, and most companies in Nigeria are managing to stay afloat.

The op and millions of other Nigerians should take out their anger on the federal government. No government anywhere in the world would increase price of everything the way it was done in Nigeria without the citizens going on mass protests until there is a turn around.

Nigerians have been pushed to the wall but instead of pushing back, they decided to break into the wall for more room!

Gosh, what a country!

3 Likes

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Hidewell(m): 4:59pm On Jun 24, 2023
ojun50:

Try church, make sure you don't leave the job because that is when you will see the other side of yr friends

Yes, sir. I visited one of these popular churches there(name withheld) but I was turned down.

I am avoiding all these that's why I am looking for a means to curb this. Thanks for your input sir.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Hidewell(m): 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2023
I don't blame them because they have to run on profit.

SSFeedsNigeria:

Lol, you left a wicked president who increased fuel price from 167 to 520 in one fell swoop, without considering the masses, only to blame employers?

I'm a business owner and I have friends who are employers too. The question you should rather ask is how are businesses or companies surviving now in Nigeria? Many of them are currently running at a deficit. Except it's for charity, struggling enterprises can't be able to increase wages, and most companies in Nigeria are managing to stay afloat.

The op and millions of other Nigerians should take out their anger on the federal government. No government anywhere in the world would increase price of everything the way it was done in Nigeria without the citizens going on mass protests until there is a turn around.

Nigerians have been pushed to the wall but instead of pushing back, they decided to break into the wall for more room!

Gosh, what a country!
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by dafeoroyo: 5:02pm On Jun 24, 2023
Did u say they give breakfast and lunch? Try as much as possible to rent a room close to the office which will require you not to spend anything on transport,don't quit ,work not easy to come by,pray to God for a miracle to happen,u will see soon u will be promoted and your salary increased

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by ojun50(m): 5:02pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hidewell:

Yes, sir. I visited one of these popular churches there(name withheld) but I was turned down.

I am avoiding all these that's why I am looking for a means to curb this. Thanks for your input sir.
Ok, it is well
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 5:03pm On Jun 24, 2023
SSFeedsNigeria:

Gosh, what a country!

All these epistles for me when I did nothing wrong to you.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Padipadi(m): 5:03pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hidewell:
Good day, sirs and ma. I moved to Abuja to work as an Administrative assistant at (name withheld) close to Galadinmawa. The agreed pay with my employer was 50,000 which I accepted because I don't want to stay idle and I wanted to garner experience.

The Friend's house I stay is in Kagini. Those that know Abuja will know this place. The transportation cost from the house to my place of work is 1,100 and coming back same, which makes it 2,200 every day excluding Saturdays and Sundays.

After crossing my T's and dotting my i's I found out that The total cost is 2200 x25 days= 55,000 with a 5,000 deficit. The organization provide light breakfast and lunch. So, my food is a bit covered.

I am just confuse now. I talked to the organization for a pay rise but they gave me a stiff neck.

Please what will you advice me to do. I am seriously frustrated with the look of things. Do you think it's worth it.

P.s. I have worked for a month there now. I am scared my friend will complain that I am not contributing.

. I'm drained and frustrated.
quit after collecting your next pay.
Any job that the pros n cons are too weighty should go.
Hunger and frustration ll dry any experience you gain there.
You won't be able to focus.
Make you turn beggar better pas$

1 Like

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by kaludestiny10(m): 5:11pm On Jun 24, 2023
And house rent in Abuja is on the high side
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Uniquekriss(m): 5:13pm On Jun 24, 2023
Nazgul:
Do they have staff buses or does any staff have a car so you can follow him/her to cut the cost of your transportation fee?

Does any of your neighbours have a car and goes the same direction as you?

If NO, I'll advice you to quit the job. Having a 5k deficit at the end of the month is slavery, you're better off without them.

Keep searching for another job, and I believe that sooner or later, you'll get something much better.
if you're willing to relocate or have a place to stay in Benin I can help you get a job that will pay you over 100k, that job you're doing is retrogression.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Pointatob: 5:13pm On Jun 24, 2023
Just stop please.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Streetdoctor: 5:14pm On Jun 24, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Pack some things and relocate to the office.
Return home on Fridays only.

They will do the needful once your washed boxers land ontop MD laptop.
Exactly what I wanted to say, instead of telling them to increase ur payment u would hv told them to loan u, to find bunk around ur office.
Companies are shutting down, nobody wants to add any kobo right now.
OP, if una get security booth, just take ego outta of it and inform d security man, na so some dry rough AMF to island here
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Nazgul: 5:18pm On Jun 24, 2023
Uniquekriss:
if you're willing to relocate or have a place to stay in Benin I can help you get a job that will pay you over 100k, that job you're doing is retrogression.
Dude you quoted the wrong person...
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by reservd(m): 5:20pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hidewell:
Good day, sirs and ma. I moved to Abuja to work as an Administrative assistant at (name withheld) close to Galadinmawa. The agreed pay with my employer was 50,000 which I accepted because I don't want to stay idle and I wanted to garner experience.

The Friend's house I stay is in Kagini. Those that know Abuja will know this place. The transportation cost from the house to my place of work is 1,100 and coming back same, which makes it 2,200 every day excluding Saturdays and Sundays.

After crossing my T's and dotting my i's I found out that The total cost is 2200 x25 days= 55,000 with a 5,000 deficit. The organization provide light breakfast and lunch. So, my food is a bit covered.

I am just confuse now. I talked to the organization for a pay rise but they gave me a stiff neck.

Please what will you advice me to do. I am seriously frustrated with the look of things. Do you think it's worth it.

P.s. I have worked for a month there now. I am scared my friend will complain that I am not contributing.

Quit and find a place closer to where you stay before your friend starts to complain
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Offpointng: 5:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Pack some things and relocate to the office.
Return home on Fridays only.

They will do the needful once your washed boxers land ontop MD laptop.

Lmao grin grin
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Gbenga4ever1411: 5:29pm On Jun 24, 2023
Stay with the security if you can't quit the job
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by labake1(f): 5:32pm On Jun 24, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Wahalar

55k for transport and your salary na 50k

Is there any other name for backwardness

As in
There is no need to find another name, it is backwardness.
OP should find other means, depression is real
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by baconline(m): 5:35pm On Jun 24, 2023
U still need someone to advice u ,when clearly u are running on negative!!!! U should have left the job a while ago,
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Watinhapen(m): 5:47pm On Jun 24, 2023
You should be working to earn and save money not working to enter deficit at the end of the month. That job is not for you. It’s either you find a place close to your office or you quit. Being employed is not all about wearing shirt, trousers and shoe every morning and moving from one point to the other. Being employed is earning a decent living and you my friend you’re not employed, you’re only slaving.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by awoo47: 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
If you can't pay living wage for your employee, don't employ. How can someone put in energy for 1 month and the reward is debt?
Omo things are happening

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by chicfarmer: 5:52pm On Jun 24, 2023
CHIOMAEZEH:
If you had some money... You could have rented a house close to your organisation... Like kabusa village. Transportation will be cheaper for you. I think you might see a one room where you will be paying monthly.... But still ask for a pay rise
Op, follow this advice.
Whatever you do, don't leave that job until you secure a better one.
You should also look for possible free rides from neighbours and colleagues going your direction.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 5:57pm On Jun 24, 2023
Uniquekriss:

Are there other vacancies? I have someone in Benin who is looking for a job. He has been job hunting for years.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by sichri(m): 6:07pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hidewell:

Start looking for somewhere else to work or think of something else to do. Because you are effectively paying transport to eat subsidized for daily.
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Biola67: 6:23pm On Jun 24, 2023
Sheyb the tfare Dey chop all your money which is 50k ? How you take see the extra 5k?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Petacephas: 6:28pm On Jun 24, 2023
Leave that job and find driving work
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Stanweezy(m): 6:29pm On Jun 24, 2023
Hidewell:

Oga relocate, Kagini I know is after Kubwa, why not look for house around Apo or Lokogoma axis, it will help to reduce the tranport fare for u, u get luck they serve u guys Breakfast and Lunch

Just relocate to Apo axis
Re: Should I Stop My Job Or Continue? by Bossman(m): 6:44pm On Jun 24, 2023
You are running a deficit every month. So it's a no brainer that you have to leave the job.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Federal Road Safety Recruitment 2018/2019 – Www.frsc.gov.ng Portal / Salary For Admin Assistant At UN World Food Programme / Coronation Insurance 2021 Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.